[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your issue with this sword? It's honestly nothing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8
File: dark_sword.png (16 KB, 188x269) Image search: [Google]
dark_sword.png
16 KB, 188x269
What is your issue with this sword? It's honestly nothing special and easy as fuck to beat in pvp.
>>
>>336220320
because everyone uses it so much its boring.
>>
baddies complain about everything
>>
>>336220372
But.. I've only seen like 3 people use it in the 30 hours played in this game. Maybe it's just me.
>>
Its OP as fuck in pve and quickly became a meme
>>
File: 12415.jpg (642 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
12415.jpg
642 KB, 1920x1080
>idiot using it
>get hit in the first rb spam on purpose
>caestus parry his second swing
>black knight great axe riposte
>1 hit kill

I'm sorry, parries are even more stupid than rb spammers.
>>
>>336220320
It just does a lot of damage. If the people that used it weren't such shitters it would be an issue, but I've just been trading with them with an UGS and winning. They seriously think that because they have the edge in dps they can just walk up and spam r1, and forget that I have better range and hyper armor.
>>
>>336220845
Parries are only stupid BECAUSE of r1/rb spammers.
Funny right?
>>
File: Broadsword_II.png (8 KB, 220x165) Image search: [Google]
Broadsword_II.png
8 KB, 220x165
>>336220320
I have no idea why the fuck people are complaining about this when the broadsword with the same upgrade level and same infusion does better damage AND swings faster AND uses less stamina.

I'm not even a Souls PvP guy or a number crunching min/maxer, this boggles my fucking mind.
>>
>go to do pvp
>get summoned by an estoc/dark sword shitter
>switch to my Zwei and skill move while he's r1ing me
>600+ damage
>same again
>he dies

Plebs need to git gud
>>
>>336221246
dark sword has stomp
broadsword has a only a tiny bit more damage than it
>>
>>336221246
>I'm not even a Souls PvP guy or a number crunching min/maxer
That's why
>>
I've only seen like two of these compared to the fucking battalion worth of people I've had to fight using that goddamn Estoc.
>>
File: 1447260205740.jpg (169 KB, 2005x990) Image search: [Google]
1447260205740.jpg
169 KB, 2005x990
>blogging about your fights
These guys have no shame
>>
>>336221441
So one move makes up for it being shittier in all other aspects?
>>
>>336221586
it has super armor
>>
Who caestus here?
https://youtu.be/kHtRfwEa324
>>
>>336221586
Is that really that surprising?
Shit like that happens all the time.
>>
It's popular so if I complain about it it will annoy the most people
>>
twin spears and gothard are worse tbqh fampai, roll, R1, roll, R1, roll, R1 repeat forever.

Also, why is every washing pole user only using the running R1? I rarely see them use any different attacks.
>>
>>336220845
what is rb
>>
>>336221146
To be absolutely fair, parries are way too easy in this game.

I've always been bad as fuck at parrying, but it has become a viable option for me now. Most matches either end in R1 spamming or Fucking roll-stabbing because of the parries.
>>
>>336221246
S fucking scaling on faith/intelligence. you be hitting for 500 dmg on a proper magic build
>>
opinions on saint bident?

seems pretty good in every way except for the fucking shit damage
>>
>>336223689

it's got crazy range and fast moveset, but it's not hard for someone to stay on your ass where the range means jack shit and then you're stuck with nodamage and nosweeps
>>
>>336221586
>highest damage straight sword except maybe anri's(luck/str/dex)
>very good str scaling, on par with most quality straight swords as heavy with just 40 STR
>versatile moveset, wide sweeps and thrusts
>only straight sword with hyper armour
sure most people who use it are crap, but it's seriously a too good sword.
>>
File: Gundyr2.webm (2 MB, 848x480) Image search: [Google]
Gundyr2.webm
2 MB, 848x480
>>336221586
Moveset is very important
Dark Sword also has more range
Halberds are the best for PvP though
>>
What's a good weapon to infuse with Crystal for someone not raising strength? I'm going Int primary, with a little bit of dex in there. Right now I'm using a raw rapier, but I'm sure there's a good weapon to make crystal. Whopping 7str, 10 2handed. Would something like the painting guardian knife be good since it gets S intelligence scaling?
>>
>>336224151
crystal magic weapon is better in 210% of all situations.
>>
File: the slab2.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
the slab2.webm
3 MB, 800x450
I only really have an issue with it when I'm forced to play again BR's and Russians thanks to FROM being gaijin haters and keeping region restriction all to themselves like the faggots they are.

Fighting a Dark Sword with phantom lags is the gayest shit, but if it's a decent connection most DS users are the typical idiots who hear a weapon is OP and immediately rush to it, thinking it'll help them win.

If the connection's good I usually see DS users as a free kill.
>>
>>336224295
but... there's an option to enable regional matchmaking
>>
>>336224279
Oh shit I didn't even think of the spell buff. I can't use spell buffs on crystal weapons, can I? Fuck. I guess a crystal weapon would just save some FP then and nothing more. Sooo raw all the way then?
>>
>>336223929
As much as I appreciate any way to kill fleeing Phantoms -- Doesn't this essentially rely on your opponent being too dumb to roll sideways?
>>
>>336224603
Yeah, raw all the way, unless you've got some fuckhuge weapon that swings once every fortnight.
>>
chaos fireball seems really ez mode for pvp so far
people keep saying that sacred flame is way better to try and use but the damage doesnt even seem that much whenever i land one
then again im not at 39/39 int/faith yet
>>
>>336224603
depending on your build/weapon, refined will actually beat out raw most of the time.
>>
>>336224825
It has some tracking

You will often do at least a little bit of damage, especially if you do the extended version

Its main purpose is for punishing estus and casting
>>
I've ran into some faggot with some sort of really fast dual blades with crystals on them, and he killed me in about 0,5 seconds with them. Any idea what they could be? The damage is insane, though I had a really easy time parrying it the next time I invaded him.
>>
Straightswords in general just do too much damage per swing in regards to stamina.
>>
>>336223929
>Spin sweep R1->L2->R2 combos
>Charge punishers

The only thing I dislike about halberds is they seem way to reliant on their weapon art to determine playstyle. R1's inability to combo basically means I am whiff punishing and hyper armor trading other opponents otherwise.
>>
>>336224279
>Weapon buffs
>Laughing_duel_charms.gif
>>
>>336225480
Hold on, does Gundyr's also combo into the weapon art? I thought it was just the black knight glaive with the wombo combo.
>>
>>336225253
There are like 4 or 5 twinblades in the game, he enchanted them with Crystal Magic Weapon buff. Gotthard swords are the meme ones
>>
File: 1461993226443.gif (140 KB, 379x440) Image search: [Google]
1461993226443.gif
140 KB, 379x440
>>336221146
>parries are only stupid because they are easy to land
>not because they are guaranteed instant kills when using the hornet ring
>>
>>336225703
Glaive and Lucerne have the same exact combo.

Playing with an INT build with Lucerne right now actually... Originally tried to go Crystal Lucerne but split damage sucks even with the oddly high INT/FAITH scaling that Lucerne has.
>>
>>336220845
>miss the parry timing
>die

this is what happens half of the time to you.
>>
The moveset really sucks compared to the longsword. Stomp is good but I love the Stance WA which gives you a lot more options. Thrusting R2 is probably the biggest draw for me as I always have the Leo Ring equipped on my build. I would off hand the washing pole over longsword but its too damn heavy
>>
File: 4x11_-_Huell.jpg (17 KB, 350x401) Image search: [Google]
4x11_-_Huell.jpg
17 KB, 350x401
>it's a the opponent is spamming parry episode
>>
>>336222670
sometimes I use L2 - R1
>>
>>336226345
As far as I'm concerned, Crystal/Lightning/Etc. infusions are only for second slot Lothric Knight swords. The riposte damage is pretty damn good. It hits ripostes for more damage than a refined LKS buffed with CMW anyway, and that has over 150 more AR.
>>
>>336224431
yeah, and according to from the only regions in the world are 'Japan' and 'Rest of the World'

enabling it will only prevent you from seeing the dirty little japs, while still having to deal with pinoys/australians/people who are at least 10 timezones away from you
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.