[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What video games did you play today?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 11
File: 1422233334554.png (8 KB, 377x326) Image search: [Google]
1422233334554.png
8 KB, 377x326
What video games did you play today?
>>
>>336217850
Diablo 3 with friends, it's kinda stressful since the season just started and they want to play so much and I can barely catch up since I'm completely new to the game.
>>
>>336217850
Elder scrolls online.
Ni-Oh coop to help shitters get their mark of the conqueror
Doing my evil playthrough of inFamous Second Son
>>
File: 1454275531929.jpg (6 KB, 227x225) Image search: [Google]
1454275531929.jpg
6 KB, 227x225
Dark Souls 3, finished up my first playthrough and im about to start eh grind to get all the pick ups and spells. After that, I'm planning a few different builds to play as.
>>
>>336217850
Just finished the campaign for GTA V and played Online with friends. I wouldn't say the story was atrocious, just not great.
Also played Warframe a little for an event going on.
>>
>>336217850
Undertale
>>
>>336217850
Persona 4
>>
rabi-rabi
>>
Warframe all day
>>
>>336217850
Street Fighter V. Trying to learn Alex is a little rough going, people online can't stop slamming their face onto the stick.
>>
File: latest[1].png (291 B, 88x85) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
291 B, 88x85
>>336217850
Arma 2
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
I Wanna Design
Barotrauma
World of Tanks
I Wanna Kill The Kamilia 2
>>
>>336218078
>Elder scrolls online
Why? I'm legitimately curious.
>>
File: 1460768653656.jpg (44 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1460768653656.jpg
44 KB, 633x758
cdda all day
>>
Barotrauma a.k.a "how to drown" the game
>>
>>336217850
Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Only a little bit though.
>>
Dark Souls 3, finished NG+ and am now farming for covenant items.
Fucking kill me. At least it's possible to get them without using the actual covenants.
>>
File: 1461976204645.png (23 KB, 556x375) Image search: [Google]
1461976204645.png
23 KB, 556x375
Megaman for the first time

Fuck Iceman's stage
>>
I played Street Fighter 5 with my 16 year old brother. He's terrible, as this is his "first" fighting game, but I enjoy spending time with him since it doesn't happen very often, considering we're 10 years apart.

I'm just glad I talked him out if picking up league. No brother of mine is becoming that level of garbage human being.
>>
Enter the Gungeon and Dark Souls 3
>>
>>336218354
>people online can't stop outplaying me

Learn your frame data, learn your match ups and quit bitching. If someone is mashing then they're doing things that are unsafe and you're not capitalising on it and punishing. Justifying your losses by convincing yourself your opponent is less cerebral than you or something like that doesn't help you improve at all.
>>
>>336218539
Play powered up. It's better in every way. and yes, the first mm is bullshit.
>>
Jak 3 because GoW chains of olympus would take to long to download. Yes, I'm broke.
>>
TWEWY

First time playing it, just got to Joshua
Love this game but the pin evolution is an absolute mess
>>
One way heroics, I picked it up during the anime sale. It's fun, thanks to the anon who advised me to get it.
>>
Does anyone else fucking HATE video games here?
>>
>>336218628
If the priority system even kind of worked properly, then button mashers would never be an issue. The mere fact that they exist is testament to how easily you can jab your way out of literally anything.
>>
>>336218812
Like I said, learn your frame data. If you're getting beaten by people mashing jab, find out why. The priority system works perfectly, go to training mode, set ryu to guard all and set guard recovery action as cr. LP(4 frame start up), use F+HP(+3) into cr. MP (7 frame start up), once you get the timing down you'll see the jab never beats out the strong. I'm guessing you're also getting hit my jab mashers on what you think are oki set ups like powerbomb into dash up but you need to learn what is and isn't a true oki set up in training mode, if back recovery cr. LP or quick rise cr. LP are hitting you in the recovery of your dash, it isn't a true set up and what you perceive as the opponent being a button masher may be a case of them being more knowledgeable in regards to these interactions than you are. You need to lab ways to either beat the jabs or find different enders that have true oki set ups
>>
melee
i fucked up, my hands hurt way too much now
>>
>>336218812
nigga just cc some nigga if they're wakeup jabbing
>>
File: 1351013689171.png (483 KB, 526x700) Image search: [Google]
1351013689171.png
483 KB, 526x700
>>336219336
not that guy but what is an oki? i hear people on this board say it all the time but generally no one here actually knows fuck all about fighting games so i never found out
>>
Played dust an Elysian tale
Tales of symphonia
Digimon story cyber sleuth
GTA V
And smash bros for wii
>>
Real-life 2.0
It sucks, the balance is shit, but thr graphics are p good
>>
>>336217850
Pathologic (like always)
Bloodborne (like always)
Persona 4 for the first time

>>336218078
>Elder scrolls online
Do you have fun?
>>
>>336217850
Corpse Party (PC) just finished it 100%
Really fun game glad i got it at launch. WIll get the 3ds version for extra stuff and physical release.
Corpse Party Book of Shadows (PSP) just started for the first time. It has a more visual novel which is okay but i prefer the exploring from the first one better
Final Fantasy 14 (PC) Dailies and hanging out with free company for a bit.
>>
File: image.jpg (8 KB, 159x144) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
8 KB, 159x144
Huniepop my dude
>>
Risky Rain
>>
>>336219661
it's hard for me to explain because it's a very unbalanced game of rock-paper-scissors that heavily favours the standing opponent. Essentially it's the wake-up game, an oki set up is just a set-up wherein the standing opponent has access to all their offensive and defensive options while only a few options are available(realistically viable) for a knocked down opponent. Let's say Cammy has knocked down her opponent by ending her combo with spiral arrow, she can dash forward and be on top of a grounded opponent before they're able to input an action. From here the Cammy player can hit with a meaty normal or throw, they can cross up, they can block to bait out a reversal, shimmy to bait out a throw tech etc. For true oki set ups like this, a meaty normal will beat any button press, so the only viable options for the knocked down player is to reversal (very risky) or block (which allows the opponent to continue their pressure, or throw for decent damage and another oki set up for some chars, but this might be dependent on screen position). So you can see the knocked down player is at a significant disadvantage.
>>
>>336217850
Nioh, Payday 2, DAS 3, Sm4sh, and some Mario Maker.
>>
File: 1427604640433.png (19 KB, 426x364) Image search: [Google]
1427604640433.png
19 KB, 426x364
Monster Hunter 4U, that's really it. Also watched part 2 of the digimon movie that came out today.
>>
sfv. just started playing ranked and after about 3 or 4 hours zoomed my way to ultra silver.
>>
>>336219758
I BREAK MIRRORS WITH MY FACE IN THE UNITED STATES
I DON'T CARE ABOUT REAL LIFE
>>
100% Orange Juice
Pokken
Puzzle and Dragons
>>
>>336217850
I played Mount and Blade with the Floris mod, OP. I'm doing a Conan the barbarian run through. I'm playing a white guy in the khergit khanate with a big sword. I'm keeping my party low to just companions, only hiring mercs for bigger jobs and then releasing them from my service soon after. Also tournamemts! Lots of tournaments!

It's pretty fun. One day I will become king by my own hand.
>>
>>336220386
I thought this game was supposed to be less okizime focused?
>>
>>336220551
I wish I was that good.

Also, it takes for fucking ever to find matches. Fuck!
>>
>>336220885
It is because there are less true oki set-ups but they do exist. The big change is that back recovery gives an additional option to avoid meaty buttons, and that quick rise is available on non-CC sweeps and throws, which led into set ups in USF4 but now don't in most cases. Ryu has a lot of meaty set-ups, and Cammy and Bison can catch back recoveries with meaty f+HK and df+HP respectively, there are probably others like this i'm less aware of. Basically it is true that it is way less oki focused but it's still there for sure, a lot of it isn't true though and that's why you see scrubs complaining about jab mashers when they're trying to dash forward three times into an oki set-up when the opponent has access to all their recovery options.
>>
File: 9bf.png (551 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
9bf.png
551 KB, 960x720
>>336218709
>just got to Joshua
Oooh boy, you in for a treat. This is where shit just gets fucking great, imo. That week is where the game went from good to fucking godlike.

You're right about pin evolution being a mess, but you don't know the half of it yet. There's a series of pins called the "Eden" series, and it's a nightmare.
>>
File: 1437530283051.jpg (153 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
1437530283051.jpg
153 KB, 650x650
>>336217850
None. I dislocated my finger the other day and now my hand is so swollen I can't hold a controller, and it hurts to use a mouse for more than a few minutes.

I've been bored as hell.
>>
>>336221823
Hurts anon, iktf
Can't you just find something turn-based or pausable to play with a mouse in your off hand?
>>
Installed Crysis 2, sat through cutscenes and shit where you need to hold W, shot few braindead enemies, quit the game, uninstalled.
>>
>>336221890
I can barely operate my mouse with my left hand, and all the turn-based games I have I've already beaten. I don't know what else I can play with just one hand, in short bursts, that I can take my sweet time on.

I was going to go out and buy the new Ratchet and Clank, but then this happened.
>>
>>336217850
UnderRail
Fucking secret ending, I WILL find it. Somehow. Eventually.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.