[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WoW: Legion - Will it be good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 81
File: images-3.jpg (15 KB, 189x267) Image search: [Google]
images-3.jpg
15 KB, 189x267
What are the chances that this expansion will be good?

Are you going to try it out?
>>
>>336211405
>Asking this question when nostalrius fanboys are still on the hunt for blizzard or retail player blood
>>
>>336211552
>Acting like the victim again.
There's shit flinging on both sides faggot.
>>
File: fatdogonsand.jpg (26 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
fatdogonsand.jpg
26 KB, 400x300
>>336211405
THE MOVIE WILL BE SHIT AND IM EMBARASSED THAT IT'S GOING TO BE ADVERTISED AND PEOPLE I KNOW ARE GOING TO KNOW ABOUT IT
IT LOOKS LIKE ASS AND I REFUSE TO FUCKING WATCH IT!! FUCK YOU BLIZZARD WHY DO YOU HAVE TO RUIN EVERYTHING GOOD THAT YOU CREATE

FAT DOG PICTURE
>>
File: 87.jpg (137 KB, 627x474) Image search: [Google]
87.jpg
137 KB, 627x474
>Its the same shill WoW thread as always
>>
>>336211405
Endgame will be less about raiding it seems due to how surumar works with telling its story, artifacts seem pretty cool albeit done by other games, class halls seem like a more social garrison 2.0 with less intrusion of dailies and time gated stuff. Not muh story on the legion itself has been shown, only know about the seperate zone stories.
>>
File: 1442388766894.jpg (74 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1442388766894.jpg
74 KB, 720x480
>>336213587
>homestuck
Just came into this thread to say we hate you more faggot.
>>
>>336211405

Chances are pretty low. I think it will be worth subbing for the first few months, after that though, I wouldn't count on it. For me it really comes down to how good the new 5-man system is with the -affixes, and how fun the specs are. I actually think a lot of the specs look fun this time around but you never know how fun it will be until you actually play it.
>>
>>336211405
no, it wont.
Cataclysm fucked up the game. No one plays this shit after that idiotic expansion
>>
>Are you going to try it out?

please don't post in blatant shill threads retards
>>
>>336214556
By no one you mean you? Wow still has 5mil playerbase
>>
>>336217387
Not that anon, but it will raise and then it will fall below 5 million after some time.
>>
>>336214556

How about instead of getting upset over my opinion, you contribute meaningfully to the conversation I'm trying to facilitate? I'm not trying to fucking argue which game is best, I told you this is my first. Just because this is 4chan doesn't mean you have to be an asshole all the time.
>>
>>336214556
A shame really, MoP was actually pretty good in the middle of it's life cycle. If not for the 14 months of SoO and the horrible daily grind at the beginning it would've been TBC tier good.
>>
File: acdc.jpg (53 KB, 545x451) Image search: [Google]
acdc.jpg
53 KB, 545x451
>>336211405
>What are the chances that this expansion will be good?

zero pasento
>>
>>336222041
>MoP was actually pretty good

Nice meme
>>
File: 1444169490315.jpg (183 KB, 1124x1024) Image search: [Google]
1444169490315.jpg
183 KB, 1124x1024
>>336211405
Now hearing some more opinions about the pristine realms and they not willing to put effort into real vanilla realms, I had the idea to have legion have a pristine realm and not a wod one. The reason for that is, nobody cares about wod anymore and certainly not leveling super low. Also wod is build to have the catch up mechanics to skip most raids. Now this is just fucked and gives no feeling of progress at all.
Now my hope is, they add the pristine servers for legion without lfr and catch up mechanics for the new raids and new zones to let people experience progressing through the game like we used to do until wotlk. This would be the only reason for me to get the expansion, if they core of the game would be about the server community and progress, as it should be. Remove all cross realms and lfr, just a server with people working their way up to beat bosses
>>
>>336211405
Will buy, my friends still play and blackrock foundry was kinda fun so maybe one of the raids will at least be passable.

It's a shadow of what it once was, but it's still somehow more playable than a lot of the other shit out right now.
>>
File: 1446913657657.png (509 KB, 823x620) Image search: [Google]
1446913657657.png
509 KB, 823x620
>>336211405
I told myself the only thing that'd make me go back was Demon Hunters and they did it, so I'll at least try it out.

I doubt it'll be good just because WoD was such shit and in general I like the game less as time goes on. That said, there are some features that I hope they do well, especially dungeons. If the new keystone system can really revitalize 5-man dungeon content as a decent endgame for casuals then I'd be thrilled, since I always preferred good 5-man content to raiding. But with raid difficulty tiers staying the same I'm not sure how dungeons are meant to fit in with LFR/babby normal raid modes.

The skill pruning and class changes in general also look like pure shit. So terrible I'm dropping the class I've mained since vanilla with absolutely no thought of ever picking it up again.
So, Legion looks like a mixed bag to me right now. Some promising stuff but given Blizz's recent track record with WoW it'll probably be shit in the end.
>>
>>336223536

Normal isn't baby tier because people still constantly fail at it and LFR is 100% optional. Heroics and Mythics are the hardest they've ever been and the only thing to come close is release Sunwell.
>>
>>336223061
I doubt pristine servers as they described them would be successful. Slower leveling worked back in vanilla primarily because leveling could be difficult and there were a number of group quests and elite mobs that forced you to seek out groups for things other than just dungeons. Slowing down the leveling experience on retail would just be boring. There are no elites, no group quests, still no need to do simple things like eat or drink between mobs or pull mobs out of groups to prevent taking on too many at once since it used to be so dangerous to do so for most classes.
>>
>>336211405
Selling Points:
>30 new weapons
>New class
>10 more levels
>More garrisons
>CoD prestige pvp overhaul
>More year-long droughts

No chance this expansion will increase subscriber numbers, but they dont care about that anymore.

If even 1 million people buy Legion, they can justify making another expansion in 2 years.
>>
>>336223636
LFR groups fail all the time, doesn't mean it isn't braindead ezmode.
Regardless, that's not the point I was trying to make. When you've got raids tuned for shit players and LFR tuned for a raid with half the players afk on the low end, and Heroics and Mythics on the high end, where are keystone 5-mans supposed to fit in terms of effort required/rewards gained?
>>
>>336223793

Normal isn't tuned for shit players it's tuned for the average player. Keystones will likely fall between Normal and Heroic or Heroic level depending on the dungeon/combination.
>>
>>336223903
The average player is shit. Always has been, always will be.
>>
File: unsubbed.png (581 KB, 1296x796) Image search: [Google]
unsubbed.png
581 KB, 1296x796
TL;DR blog ahead.

>2007
>friend lets me play wow on her acc on my computer
>after spending several hours as a blood elf mage, running down the dead scar and seeing how far I could go before I had to return to eat and heal, I got bored and quit
>2008, a year later
>get into the on retrospect, absolutely atrocious webcomic 'Looking for Group'
>decide to play again on a trial acc
>roll a human lock, start playing
>by the time I hit the trial cap, I was hooked
>get the full game, love playing through it, doing stupid things like wearing strength/agi staves and cloaks because they had more stamina
>wrath hits at the end of the year as I'm approaching level 70
>get super into it, start learning how to do my job right, get into raiding
>eventually, roll a paladin because my guild needed more mdps/tanks
>when ICC came out, ended up joining a progression guild
>absolutely loved raiding
>cata hits
>race my friend to 85
>love the challenge of the instances until the nerfs
>still, get into raiding a bit
>but the spark dies
>come back after several months
>my guild falls apart because of a retarded GM and woman drama not relating to said GM
>change servers, start playing horde
>mop hits
>hit 90 soon after, but don't get super into it
>stop playing, come back several months later for ToT
>get into raiding, roll a disc priest and get her and my prot warrior main to raid level
>still, it's not the same
>now ex convinces me to try SW:TOR
>it's a blast, get super into it
>wow is no longer the game I loved, end up slowly playing less and less
>sub ran out in 2014
>never re-subbed
the only way I'll ever come back is if blizz actually follows through with their talks with the nost devs and releases legacy servers. I won't play legion, but I'll pay to play on BC/wrath servers.
>>
>>336223702
Consider the following: The level 100 boost is an option for the pristine server. I agree that the leveling would take ages, but my point is that the new expansion would be played like a version of WoW that I really enjoyed without all the stuff that makes it unpersonel and meaningless. I still love the game and want to see it being good, but not in the current form
>>
>>336223793
>>336223903
You will be able to get mythic raid gear in the dungeons
>>
>>336217387
bro, it's probably at like 3 million now or even lower
they don't announce their subscription number considering the damage done
>>
>>336223930
the average player doesn't care of killing a boss with 100m extra hp because names dont mean shit anymore on this shit game
>>
Already bought the Collectors Edition and hyped because of the alpha. Kept myself in the dark, but really want to try the alpha to put some of my concerns to rest over a few class/specs I enjoy playing.

I mostly play the game now to raid. We're currently 11/13 Mythic, however it's most likely we'll end up stopping entirely because lack of attendance being an issue for two weeks straight.

People are burned out and people just don't care anymore. I don't blame them. We're tired and we just want Legion.
>>
>tfw it ends up being really good, and the expansion that WoD should've been, but the people that felt betrayed by warlords won't bother to even try it out
>tfw they'll eventually try it towards the end of the expansion, and feel deep regret for missing it, the same way faggots that started in TBC feel regret for not starting WoW earlier
>>
>>336211405
By golly, is it already time for another one?

I'm sure it'll have more pokeymans, and an incorporation of Hearthstone where you can play it against other players at the taverns (if that isn't already a thing,) and maybe there will be more model opdates and dances so SFM people will have some new toys for their dreadful choice in hobby.
>>
>>336224115
nice try shill
>>
>>336224115
I automatically like Legion because it isn't WoD.
>>
File: 1419690038649.jpg (48 KB, 300x340) Image search: [Google]
1419690038649.jpg
48 KB, 300x340
>>336217387
>WoW
>still 5 million

Not even half. There is a reason why they stopped publising sub numbers and are giving out WoD literally for free. Hint - it's not because they have too many retards still playing.
>>
>>336224115
don't forget to give it out for free half-way in exp shill , and i will try it out
>>
>>336224053

Names never mattered you stupid cunt.
>>
>>336223972
>the only way I'll ever come back is if blizz actually follows through with their talks with the nost devs and releases legacy servers
they won't. you can stop waiting.
>>
>>336224254
Dude. Estimates put them at 5. If you've got any sort of proof otherwise I'd be intrigued.
>>
obviously :(
>>
fuck it, resubbing now

FUCK YOU OP
>>
>>336224401
oh well, guess my characters will forever wallow, then.

at least private servers are...almost as good.
>>
>>336223981
It comes down to how Legion is designed. You can't take a game designed around automatic cross-server group finders and trivial solo content, remove all the automated grouping and cross-server stuff, and end up with a fun, fulfilling, social experience. The boring solo shit would still be boring solo shit.

Things in Legion would have to encourage grouping or otherwise social gameplay for the pristine server to really be what people wanted.
>>
>>336224420
he has none. he's just a salty legacy babby.
>>
>>336224354
congratulations at starting wow with wotlk kid
>>
>>336224115
Sadly expansions are only fun within the first few weeks for years, when the world and dungeons and professions are actually all meaningful, since there is no progression and the next major patch will skip old content
>>
>>336224420
>any prof
visit all cities and tell me if you see more than 200 players between cities/ashran at peak hours
or better , find a picture of highmaul / brf / hellfire entrance the day they were released
>>
>>336224515

It isn't built around group finders, you can literally go and walk to any dungeon/raid you want in any of the expansions. It hasn't changed in that respect since Vanilla, it's just that LFG is infinitely better because sitting in Orgrimmar going PLS 1 PROT 4 DUNGEON PST ME isn't the engaging social experience you spastics make it out to be.

>>336224595

Names have literally never mattered, the hail of "wow grats" in 1 after getting a realm first isn't "names mattering".
>>
>>336224515
Yes, and now during the alpha is still the time to give them the input, to make legion viable for the pristine experience, because wod is not. I can't post on the official forums with my unactive account, otherwise I would do it
>>
Tell me anons. Let's say that there are still subscribers at 5 million (or maybe above, let's say that 5.6 million) that are playing WoW to this day.

How much will it rise when Legion waltzes in? And more importantly, how much the numbers will plummet down when everything Blizzard planned for the game in the patches is released?
>>
>>336224629
>Sadly expansions are only fun within the first few weeks for years
yea, i can't wait to repeat
1 month of garrisons that don't work
2 days in a stone players must click 1 by 1
and server downtime 6 days peer week
i agree with you but that isn't going to be the case anymore after wod
>>
>>336224662
>literally
thanks for proving to be a troll , enjoy your stay on 4chan
>he thinks theres as always been realm first announces
enjoy your stay wotlkbaby
>>
>>336224658
Highmaul on release was pretty packed on Shadow Council.
>>
>>336224738
Assuming 5 million players, I think 7-8 million peak at launch falling back to 6 for the majority of the expansion and down to 4-5 by the end. That sort of pattern seems to be the trend since MoP.
>>
>>336224843

You're spouting a lot of vitriol but not giving a single example of names mattering.
>>
File: 1461050343940.jpg (189 KB, 923x679) Image search: [Google]
1461050343940.jpg
189 KB, 923x679
>Blizzcucks will pay 49€ for this
>Blizzcucks will pay 14€/month for this

I seriously wish I made this up.
>>
File: 1459762769848.jpg (178 KB, 770x711) Image search: [Google]
1459762769848.jpg
178 KB, 770x711
>>336225009
DELETE THIS
>>
>>336224658
Well. Yeah. If we talk active players, 5 million might be stretching it, but they're assumed to have 5 million paying subscribers, for whatever that's worth.

Which I assume is a bit, if they don't even stress the servers or require tech support due to not actually playing.
>>
>>336225009

Nothing wrong with that, it only gives you cosmetics stuff and doesn't isolate you from the world.
>>
File: 1431777013222.jpg (63 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1431777013222.jpg
63 KB, 700x700
>>336225009
IT WILL BE DIFFERENT THIS TIME!
>>
File: 1440124475266.jpg (546 KB, 1960x720) Image search: [Google]
1440124475266.jpg
546 KB, 1960x720
>>
>>336225009
I can't even decipher what I'm looking at.
>>
>>336224738
20 million at launch
>>
>>336225146
>"come back"
>Blizzard sent me a free copy of WoD with 10 days trial
>activate it, play for a bit and get buyers remorse despite not even having paid for it

Just set up legacy realms and be done with it. This """"game"""" is beyond saving at this point
>>
>>336225009
It's already been stated the current system isn't fleshed out and finalized.

However to confront your troll, all the follower system is for now is finding quests for you, including story quests, and scout missions.

These aren't like WoD garrison missions now.
>>
>>336224738
Subs are lower than 4 million at this point, and even less excluding bots, chinese gold farmers and players with several accounts.
>>
>>336225296
>i-it's just a BETA!

Is this some kind of epic falseflagging by Nostfags to make retailcucks look even more pathetic?
>>
>>336225346

It's actually an Alpha.
>>
can I get like a free week right now?
>>
>>336224857
That's what I thought too, but the number at launch may be larger.

The reason it is dropping is that not only they made WoW accessible to others, but also added elements that made the game more forgiving and at some places easier.

NOT TO MENTION THE DROP IN THE STORY DEPARTMENT.

Vanilla, TBC and WoTLK weren't masterpieces, but everything after Cataclysm was awful.

I can say that the whole policy of releasing an expansion every 11-14 months is what causes WoW to become so bad.

If they released an expansion minimum every three years, put more thought into the story, professions, mechanics and so one, then the game's situation would've been much more different.

>>336225214
I don't think so. It will go above 5 million, but it won't be 20 million.

>>336225327
It's that bad? So WoW is slowly dying on life support. And it's actually Blizzard's fault.
>>
>>336225327
>lower than 4 million

How do you arrive at that number?
>>
>>336225263
Exactly. It's only a matter of time before they cave in and admit defeat.

They'll recoup so much money from nostolgia servers they'll be kicking themselves for not been having doing it for years.
>>
>>336225346
-It's still alpha.
-I hate Nost.
-It's been stated several times the follower system is getting a revamp and current things are placeholders.
>>
>>336224738
>WoD was the most hyped up Expansion ever
>10 million people come back, drop it immediately after they see what a pile of shit modern wow has become
>Literally nobody outside of the official forums and mmo-champion even cares about Legion
>only press Blizzard gets is when they shut down the 12 year old version of their game which became too successful

It's almost sad. I feel sorry for the current devs.
>>
I'll probably dip out completely at this point. My friends will be playing it so that's a bit of a bummer not playing with them but I just don't enjoy the game anymore.
>>
>>336217387
>No one plays this shit after that idiotic expansion
>By no one you mean you?

>I play this shit after that idiotic expansion

Yeah good one retard.
>>
>>336225417
It's just an educated guess. Subs have been going down steadily over time and it's gotten so bad that Blizzard flat out declines to release numbers at this point so I'm only assuming the worst.
>>
>>336225524
>It's been stated several times the follower system is getting a revamp and current things are placeholders
>game releases in two months
>"It's been stated several times the follower system is getting a revamp and current things are placeholders"

Could someone please put these Blizzcucks out of their misery? It hurts to watch.
>>
>>336225608
They still give out numbers for investors. They just publicly don't release them anymore.
>>
>>336225407
Rather than the fast expansion cycle, I think the largest problem facing the game right now is the slow pace of content.
They're losing players because of the huge gaps between major patches. These people get bored and don't come back.

The short expansion cycles are a symptom of the problem though. Instead of making shitty new expansions with a skeleton crew, they should be spending that time on content patches.
>>
>>336225652
>129 days, 13 hours, 22 minutes until Legion comes out.
>two months

Nice counting.
>>
>>336225524
Why would you hate nost? I played both retail and nost during this expansion cycle, nost is great for the year long gaps between new content. I hope blizzard really does work out things with the nost team so we can get retail legacy servers.
>>
>>336225686
Can't really blame them. They get humiliated enough by critics and their "playerbase" already, no need to publish subscriber numbers and humilate them even further.
>>
>>336225548
That's why I played wod for the release month, people dragged me into it and then we all lost interest, me being the first one
>>
File: XBTX9k3.png (25 KB, 941x581) Image search: [Google]
XBTX9k3.png
25 KB, 941x581
>>336225751
>>129 days, 13 hours, 22 minutes of doing the same fucking raid you've done for over a year in four different difficulty settings

>people actually pay for this
lmao
>>
>>336225767
Nostfags are some of the worst people I've ever encountered online
>>
>>336225914
>hating the game because of people who play it
ah, that's so /v/
>>
>>336225686
At the same time they also show off their profits due the blizzard shop and I am sure tokens and character boosts are making a good amount of money. They pretty much turned it pay2win by those things and people jump on it that are still playing. So they don't really mind the low sub numbers, it just looks bad to the playerbase
>>
>>336225767
I'll bite and say I did try Nost for about an hour. I remember commenting a lot saying, "Wow I forgot we don't have X or Y."

Vanilla was largely unfinished, unbalanced, broken, and poorly itemized gear in the first two tiers. AQ20/40 was pretty badly itemized as well. Naxx40 was probably the only raid in vanilla WoW that as itemized well.

>>336225772
Neither can I. Even did say, "never again would we wait another year for content." It'll be a year before September I think.
>>
>>336225891
>makes incorrect statement
>gets told it's incorrect
>brings up something that is completely irrelevant to the topic

Can you see your mistake? Also the pic is wrong
>>
>>336225993
Nost isn't a fucking game you retarded faggot
>>
>>336225608
Well, It's not a poorly educated guess, but it seems less educated than guessing at 5.

Which is already less than what they had at the end of the first year, and little enough to not want to talk about it.
>>
>>336211405
They were literally holding onto demon hunters until their subs dipped. This should tell you everything you need to know, that they're not interested in making a good game anymore and only interested in sensationalism to make a quick buck. I guarantee if their subs keep dropping their next expansion will involve something else like an Ogre playable race, but if their subs miraculously go up they will hold off on the popular shit to bring us more orc stories.
>>
>>336226012
I completely understand the statement that playing nost felt like playing a game from 2002. I just think the appropriate response to not really feeling it is indifference rather than seething hatred.

>>336226072
>semantics
that's pretty /v/ too
>>
>>336226108
>They were literally holding onto demon hunters until their subs dipped. This should tell you everything you need to know

Source: your ass
>>
>>336225891
Most people will use the month before Legion comes out, the pre-patch, to test things out. Don't be surprised if there is a small surge in players coming back during pre-patch to get things done.

>people pay for this

It's almost as if people enjoy doing things that you don't enjoy doing, anon. Some people have just started to come back for their own personal reasons.

>>336226108
>They were literally holding onto demon hunters until their subs dipped.

Blizzard did say they wanted to add Demon Hunters in BC.
>>
>>336225545
It will bite Blizzard in the arse one day. And it will be so hard that even their most ardent fans will be leaving them one by one.

At this point they should think of a contingency plan if WoW fails.

They should really go and start re-focusing their resources on the games that made them famous as well as on Overwatch.

On the other hand I think re-focusing resources on their old franchises (the RTS WarCraft, StarCraft and Diablo) is a bad thing due to how they screwed up the latter two and how they'd screw up the first one if they tried to make a WarCraft IV. So Overwatch is what is left for them.

>>336225702
This. Frequent patches and slow expansion cycle with an actual crew doing it is what this game needs again.
>>
File: 1436451125308.jpg (83 KB, 393x325) Image search: [Google]
1436451125308.jpg
83 KB, 393x325
>>336225914
Same here.

>nice thread about Legion
>talking about Order Hall missions, bull prepping, Demon Hunters and black breeding
>suddenly Nostcucks show up and shit up the thread

THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

WE MUST STOP THEM, BLIZZBROS
>>
>>336226163
People have been wanting demon hunters for years, it was a guaranteed way to make cash, so of course they held onto it until they needed it.
>>
>>336226229
>At this point they should think of a contingency plan if WoW fails.

Hearthstone has already brought them a very large fanbase and they've made quite a large chunk of change.

Overwatch is looking decent and they've already got planned e-sports coverage for it, including competitive teams and other little things.
>>
>>336226284
Trying to hard to be funny
>>
File: cast.jpg (32 KB, 470x400) Image search: [Google]
cast.jpg
32 KB, 470x400
>>336226354
Nah it was worth a chuckle.
>>
Already preordered but I'm a little annoyed at the stupid shit they're adding.

I still think it will be better than MoP, WoD and Cata.
>>
>>336226229
> Frequent patches and slow expansion cycle with an actual crew doing it is what this game needs again.

To be fair to Blizzard, most of the original team that worked on the game have moved on. They're training the new guys, or they were, to learn how to use the 10 year old engine.

I imagine it's a farcry from what they were taught.
>>
>>336226229
>At this point they should think of a contingency plan if WoW fails.

I honestly think they're letting WoW die out on purpose with the hopes that people will migrate to their newer games. The profit/cost ratio for something like Hearthstone far outweighs the amount of players they will lose in the process, it makes good business sense if they can get even half of their players to swap to new games and let WoW die.
>>
>>336225406

pls
>>
>>336226543
Blizzard did say 10 more years of Warcraft. They're trying to invite players back through the movie, and Legion.

Give them a fair chance and perhaps they'll (slightly) bounce back.
>>
>>336211405
I'm going to get it, I've played every expansion and enjoyed something from every single one to an extent. If nothing else ill have something to play with my friends for a while.
>>
>>336226729
I dunno. I'm unfazed by the negativity and trolling but I have no friends to play WoW with anymore.
>>
>>336226816
That's unfortunate, i have at least 4 friends including my brother who will play. I have relatively high hopes for legion it looks like they're doing a lot of things right and they've done some satisfying class changes from what i've tried in the alpha
>>
>>336226479
You can always cancel your preorder before its too late.
>>
>>336226351
Yeah, but will the contents for them be satisfying in the future? Or will these games also share the curse that is plaguing WoW?

>>336226526
That's a pity here then. Though still the whole frequent expansion thing is not justified in this case.

>>336226543
As I mentioned, but will the content for it be satisfying in the future? Will it too share the same curse as WoW?

I don't know the future, but they should really slow down a little and think how to do thinks more thoroughly.

>>336226663
If they'll do so with the level of writing they showed after WoTLK, not to mention with making the game more forgiving and easier to level and get stuff, then WoW will be dead next year or in 2018/19.
>>
>>336226729
>I'm buying it because I've bought every other expansion

This. But I'm not happy about it.
>>
>>336226729
This. I'm pretty unfazed with the negative press and various other bits and the game has its own merits.

Plus I can't see myself playing another MMO since Wildstar shit the bed after a month of launch, and F2P hasn't saved it.

FFXIV upgraded to Asian tiers of grinding. Maybe not on par with XI grinding, but it's getting somewhat close.

>>336226969
>Yeah, but will the contents for them be satisfying in the future? Or will these games also share the curse that is plaguing WoW?

Considering how often they churn out expansions for Hearthstone, yeah. But the thing is, more cards = harder to balance shit. Look at Magic: The Gathering.

>That's a pity here then. Though still the whole frequent expansion thing is not justified in this case.

True. You'd think the "BIGGEST TEAM YET" would churn out things a little faster. Don't forget they spent six months of WoD alpha training the new blood.

>If they'll do so with the level of writing they showed after WoTLK, not to mention with making the game more forgiving and easier to level and get stuff, then WoW will be dead next year or in 2018/19.

All they'd have to do is follow the lore, not shit up the writing, and make it decent. So far things in-game have their own purpose. I've watched bits and pieces of the alpha and the writing doesn't look like shit. Passable? Yes. But not shit.
>>
File: 1265142902342.jpg (13 KB, 240x250) Image search: [Google]
1265142902342.jpg
13 KB, 240x250
>>336211405

Well I would just say "LMAO >LEGION >GOOD >MODERN BLIZZARD HAHAHAHHA" but let me go into detail.

Every expansion after WOTLK has suffered from quality problems all round. Whether it be the poorly written storyline, the poorly designed end game content, or the fact that they now rather develop more paid shop content and leave the actual game baron of anything to do.

Cata and WoD are the 2 worst expansions ever made. WoD is complete and utter gutter tier garbage in every respect. A complete joke. Devs seem to not care about this and still act like smug, high horse riding faggots.

Legion is for me, their last chance. If they fuck up again, I will literally delete my characters and quit.
>>
Why do people even want Vanilla back?

>shit bugs
>shit leveling
>shit class balance
>using the latest modded ui and checking your wow database for best vanilla armor
>you will never experience WoW for the first time ever again
>>
>>336227004
I'm not buying it for that reason, like I said at the very least I'll get a few weeks of entertainment out of it and that's good enough for me

Also I don't have to pay for any of it because of being related to a blizzard employee privilege.

>>336227167
the way I see it WoW can't get much worse. I've played since the beginning of Vanilla and I can honestly say WoD is the worst expansion in my opinion.
>>
File: 1461852716285.jpg (22 KB, 599x223) Image search: [Google]
1461852716285.jpg
22 KB, 599x223
>>336226816
>no friends to play WoW with anymore

My wife's bull and her son play on Kronos2. I considered playing with them, but I fear vanilla wow would not fit my current lifestyle.
>>
Is there any info if pristine servers will be a thing for legion? If they have it for the next expansion, I would be in. Playing vanilla and tbc for the past years does get boring and I want to see the game being good again. Everyone else can play their shitty lfr and and lfd with anonymous people, if I get a server where I can play as the game is supposed to be played like
>>
>>336225993
You gotta love it.
>>336226085
Yeah I'm a bit of a pessimist. Especially in the scope of recent trends.

Morning cup of coffee bump
youtube.com/watch?v=Do5s0MQvF9s&ab_channel=Wowmusicable
>>
>>336227206
t.druid/paladin cuck player
>>
>>336227263
>WoD/Legion
>pristine
>game being good again

Am I getting memed or what
>>
>>336227206

its fucking awful to see blizzard listening to the "WE WANT VANILLA WAAAA" faggots, but ignore and delete posts when actual criticisms is posted about

>lack of legion content
>island removed from legion
>ability pruning concerns
>pvp conerns (no new bgs, arenas, could've changed)
>LEGION GARRISONS, WTF

Blizzard don't listen to ANY customer mass hysteria complaints which are upvoted by the thousands.

They are a joke.
>>
>mfw this guy is in charge and people still think it will be good
>>
>>336227231
>Kronos2

Did they open a new realm recently?
>>
>>336217387
that 5 mil number has dropped significantly that number is accurate from about a little over a year ago.

The only thing we know for sure is that it is significantly less.

But yeah i'd argue that even if there were 5 mil, that specific group of 5 mil might as well be nobodys considering they are the very same casual cancer cell cuck trash that fueled this problem in the first place.

Essentially, their votes are irrelevant because their existence is cancerous.
>>
File: 1318823429867.jpg (22 KB, 385x392) Image search: [Google]
1318823429867.jpg
22 KB, 385x392
>>336227231
>"waah no friends"
>>"My wife's bull and her son"

Have you ever thought it's because people don't want to be associated in your world of debauched autism and shit?
>>
>>336227218
>the way I see it WoW can't get much worse. I've played since the beginning of Vanilla and I can honestly say WoD is the worst expansion in my opinion.

Can't argue with that. WoD has been nothing but a disappointment. I'm at least hyped for Legion for all the right reasons. I even downloaded the sandbox of the alpha to look around and I'm quite impressed.
>>
File: waitwat.jpg (69 KB, 540x721) Image search: [Google]
waitwat.jpg
69 KB, 540x721
>>336227206
In spite all of that it's still better than the shit we have now.
>>
>>336227352
>but ignore and delete posts when actual criticisms is posted about

Despite what you may think - the people working at Blizzard aren't completly retarded. They know damn well Legion is already a lost cause so why the fuck should they bother?
>>
>>336227370
yes, because queue in the original server was too large

it's called Kronos 2, and there's always fucking queue
>>
>>336211405

0.1%

No because I don't want to be part of their "We can live off the subscriber spike at the beginning of the expansion and not make any content for the rest of it" statistic.
>>
>>336227348
No, I don't care about the leveling, but the new expansion without catch up mechanics to skip raids to have actual progress and a server community are the main flaws and pristine would fix it. Obviously nobody cares for it for wod, but the next expansion
>>
>>336227352

>>island removed from legion

Future content for a patch most likely.

>ability pruning concerns

I'll take an ability that gives me five options over one ability that gives me one option.

>Legion garrisons

Considering they aren't garrisons and you aren't really rewarded through the garrison mission list anymore in Legion, this is kinda laughably silly.
>>
>>336227370
Yeah, they did. Probably a third one soon because literally nobody wants to play vanilla so the server gets flooded with people who just want to proof the bros on the official forums "wrong". Hell, they even level to 60 and raid just to spite my fellow Blizzbros.

That's some real dedication.
>>
>>336225545

>nobody outside of the official forums and mmo-champion even cares about Legion

Why are people so delusional about WoW in 2016? Do you honestly think this will sell less than 7-8 million?
>>
>>336227454
>They know damn well Legion is already a lost cause so why the fuck should they bother?

I'd love some solid proof of this, otherwise you're just trolling.
>>
File: 1455721620824.gif (33 KB, 181x222) Image search: [Google]
1455721620824.gif
33 KB, 181x222
>>336213374
>they are on the hunt
>they are acting like the victim
>>
File: 1460035484303.jpg (70 KB, 770x711) Image search: [Google]
1460035484303.jpg
70 KB, 770x711
>>336227569
forgot my picture
>>
>>336227639
>Do you honestly think this will sell less than 7-8 million?
At this point? Yes. Probably around 5.
>>
>>336217387
That was true like 9 months ago or whatever. Before that the sub count had dropped by 1.5 million in 3 months.
>>
>>336227781
I'm honestly curious how much WoW will bounce back with the new expansion. Every pre-patch there's usually a large surge of people coming to test the new content.

A lot usually head over to the PTR first since Pre-Legion patch class changes are added onto the PTR before live.
>>
>>336227865
WoD had the biggest spike yet, but I also imagine it had the most people leaving completely disheartened. I would be surprised if it was as big this time, but of course we wont know because they've stopped reporting numbers in their quarterly earnings reports.
>>
>>336225296

Seriously at this point how can they be trusted with a "oh it's just beta" thing? I'm still waiting for what zone is going to be cut before release because "we're training a lot of new people and we can't get them to take their thumbs out of each other asses yet."
>>
File: 1459937394060.jpg (5 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
1459937394060.jpg
5 KB, 150x150
>>336225118
>Nothing wrong with that.
>>
File: demonhunter.gif (14 KB, 169x171) Image search: [Google]
demonhunter.gif
14 KB, 169x171
>>336227167
>Considering how often they churn out expansions for Hearthstone, yeah. But the thing is, more cards = harder to balance shit. Look at Magic: The Gathering.

Yep. Too much content can cause balancing issues.

>True. You'd think the "BIGGEST TEAM YET" would churn out things a little faster. Don't forget they spent six months of WoD alpha training the new blood.

Agreed here with new bloods. On the other hand they could've spent nine months on alpha training and overall making the game more polished and better working. Then again...frequent expansion release and shit.

>All they'd have to do is follow the lore, not shit up the writing, and make it decent. So far things in-game have their own purpose. I've watched bits and pieces of the alpha and the writing doesn't look like shit. Passable? Yes. But not shit.

The actual problem is pulling off ridiculous things like making Thrall a Green Jesus, everyone doing at one point stupid things or making characters undergo bad development like they did with Garrosh. If they put more effort into his character, Garro would've been quite likeable, yet due to the idiocy of Thrall and other bullshit...you can see where I am going.

At this point Blizzard should do what Disney did with the expanded universe of Star Wars, retcon WoW and everything that appeared after WCIII and TFT, and carefully and slowly make WCIV with none of the bullshit modern WoW presented. I wouldn't be angry if they included Draenei, instead of calling them Draenei they could call them Pure Eredar while the word Draenei would be reserved for those in Outland. I wouldn't be even angry if they included characters from WoW like Garrosh, but as long as they make them well done and fleshed out.

But knowing Neo-Blizzard, they'd prioritize profit over anything else. It's not wrong to aim for profit, but they should also try to put more effort in the quality of their products.
>>
>>336227934
Calling it now that if it spikes up to pre-draenor levels, they will report the spike, then go back to not reporting when it plummets.
>>
File: Arthas.jpg (6 KB, 185x185) Image search: [Google]
Arthas.jpg
6 KB, 185x185
>>336211405
>followers are back as well as some shitty research thing that takes weeks at a time
>using the same weapons for the entire expansion

Don't think so senpai
>>
>>336228002
They've added all the zones into the game currently, complete with world quests, campaign quests, and storyline. I don't think they'll remove anything else. To be fair, they did remove that giant island on the south east portion of the map, but I'd safely chalk that up to them experimenting since it was very early alpha when it appeared and disappeared.

>>336228098
>Yep. Too much content can cause balancing issues.

No comment. Just agreement.

>Agreed here with new bloods. On the other hand they could've spent nine months on alpha training and overall making the game more polished and better working. Then again...frequent expansion release and shit.

Let actions speak for themselves. If Legion is fun, then they did a good job. Hopefully after the last content patch in Legion is release, they'll have already developed a good bit of foundation for the next expansion, if any.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSBBxm3yTr0&ab_channel=CinelleTV
>>
>Draenor promised the world and was the worst expansion to date
Lost the last of my faith with Draenor desu senpai.

>expanding on Garrisons
>EVERYONE GETS AN ASHBRINGER
>further homogenization of classes
Nope nope nope never falling for this shit again. Nope.
>>
>>336228414
See you at Legion.
>>
Riddle me this: if the subscription money is supposed to pay for new content, why do expansions cost additional money?
>>
File: 1245067016586.jpg (53 KB, 300x562) Image search: [Google]
1245067016586.jpg
53 KB, 300x562
>>336228473
>>
File: 1399424541587.gif (3 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1399424541587.gif
3 MB, 320x240
>>336228473
Because
>>
>>336228473
Because bobby kotick has to pay for the gold plates in his swimming pool, theyre not cheap man
>>
>Everquest Next cancelled
>Dark Age of Camelot reboot was kickstarted
I'm doomed to suffer through WoW or stupid chink shit with gender-locked classes.
>>

eh, probably not high

I don't know. I've tried every previous expansion even when I said I wouldn't. My friends and I all go in together, and then we drop out one by one faster with each expansion. I might be done with WoW for good. I'd have been playing it nearly 12 years by the time Legion comes out, so I had more than a good run.
>>
>>336213485
depressing to think that people who have never touched Warcraft let alone wow will watch the movie and talk about it
>>
>>336228262
>If Legion is fun, then they did a good job.

And here is the first big thing. IF. THE IF PART.

I'm actually happy they finally added Demon Hunters as a hero class. I'm happy that now something big is going on, but with the whole everyone getting cool weapons like Ashbringer copies and making classes less distinct is something that can actually make people feel to some point betrayed.

Hell, the simplification of the stats thing is already atrocious.

Also the writing and lore. There are people that also play games for the story and lore bits, there are people that play for the sake of challenge and mechanics, and there are those who do both.

Neglecting any of these via butchering or simplifying is what can kill a game at one point. Seriously see what they did to the factions.

Horde gets more focus than the Alliance yet after what happened in Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria, people feel like they butchered the faction. And the Alliance doesn't get this much focus and even Horde players have enough of Horde stuff. This is also important to remember. Too much focus on one thing and neglecting the others is what can make a game to slowly die out.
>>
Why the fuck are they just giving Ashbringer to everyone now? How could they fuck up so bad? If they wanted to include Ashbringer there's so many cooler ways they could have done it.
>>
>>336228067
the garrisons were not inherently bad. the problem with WoD was a lack of outdoor content and this has been addressed in Legion with literally hundreds of world quests at max level. why do people not understand this? even just seeing the image fucking triggers them, lmao pathetic
>>
>>336229067
>the garrisons were not inherently bad.
An isolated instanced area for facebook games and chores is inherently bad
>>
>>336229061
It's a vain attempt to try and entice people to come back to the game by offering them shiny new shit in orange letters.
>>
>>336227304
t. epic meme rogue ganker
>>
>>336229061
I think the legendary weapons should have been reserved for high end raiding, it would have given something people to strive for
>>
>>336229067
I think it's a massive sin for the garrison to be involved in what you do so much. From Point A to Point B, there's always your garrison between Point A and B.

It's somewhat annoying.

At least in Legion things look a lot better, and you can see other players in your class hall.
>>
File: 1443529718122.png (29 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1443529718122.png
29 KB, 633x758
>>336229368
But it's not fair if not everyone can get it!
>>
>>336229273
This.
>>336229067
WoD had plenty of outdoor content, it was just executed abysmally and nobody liked it - just like what will happen in Legion because Blizzard is too focused on making mini games and cellphone apps instead of actually improving the existing game.
>>
>>336229412
A legendary was never earned by a single person, it's a raid or guild effort. I mean at least they learned that handing out a legendary at the very end of an expansion like the sunwell bow is really pointless, because all content was done at this point.
>>
>>336229494
>WoD had plenty of outdoor content
not really. for a long time you just had the daily apexis grind quest and maybe the option to farm garrison resources. the garrison campaign quests were easy as fuck and artificially spread out, and they didn't give you any worthwhile rewards. there was literally nothing decent to do other than raid or level up alts. tanaan didn't help either since it was just more zone grinding with more apexis shit which only gave you crappy catch up gear which was actually worse than LFR shit. a lack of cool, meaningful things to do was a gigantic problem for this expansion and luckily that's been addressed.

>>336229273
there's nothing wrong with it as long as it doesn't play the game for you (which it did in WoD but it won't in Legion since you have to farm resources yourself and the order hall missions are only good for tiny amounts of gold and other fairly meaningless shit; the focus of your efforts will be out in the world). Watcher said the OH missions are like 3% of what you do at max level, it's just something you occasionally check on and then forget until next time you're there. in WoD it was like 90% of max level focus.
>>
>>336225891
this time they will do only one raid cut in 3 patches
>>
>>336228215
yeah because feeling useless until you get your BiS weapon is so much fun just to go through the process again of fighting your teammates over the most important item slot in the game every tier
>>
What the fuck is the Warcraft film even doing?
>>
>>336211405
The game is going to be shit and i'm going to play it anyway just in case I enjoy it regardless
>>336227363
This guy terrifies the hell out of me and I hope to god all his terrible decisions don't make it to live
"Hey this is terrible, I feel weak and can't tank well"
"You can't, but you can"
>>
File: robot rage.jpg (148 KB, 1230x984) Image search: [Google]
robot rage.jpg
148 KB, 1230x984
>>336211405
No
It went from being focussed on the WORLD of Warcraft to the GAME "World of Warcraft" - that is what killed it.

That and there was no real story after Arthas' death
>>
>>336230506
Patch of WoW
>>
>>336229412
There has to be some middle ground between literal welfare and only being available to nolifers
>>
>>336230942
Why?
>>
>>336230990
Its needs to be feasibly obtainable for it to provide an incentive, but not too easily obtainable for it to lose all value
>>
File: dexrug.png (434 KB, 571x540) Image search: [Google]
dexrug.png
434 KB, 571x540
>>336231063
Isn't that what Epic gear was supposed to be?
>>
>>336230990
because not everyone has the same taste as you, believe it or not.
>>
>>336211405

I don't know what all the whining is about, WoD blows but Legion looks pretty awesome. For once, even the changes to classes look like improvements, and they're listening to fans; they gave marksman hunters their pets back and still streamlined their design.
>>
File: 1461924044796.jpg (13 KB, 360x261) Image search: [Google]
1461924044796.jpg
13 KB, 360x261
>>336230286
So casual I can't handle it.
You people are what ruined the mmorpg genre.
The point is that having the best in slot IS something special, something you worked for.
It's like logging in runescape and having all lvl 99 stats, what's the point of playing besides for some ERP
>>
>>336211552
Oh yeah.
So how did the guy respond to the petition?
>>
File: Stop_Jack_Black.jpg (29 KB, 283x283) Image search: [Google]
Stop_Jack_Black.jpg
29 KB, 283x283
>>336231747
>>
File: skup.jpg (84 KB, 691x485) Image search: [Google]
skup.jpg
84 KB, 691x485
>>336231329
Why are you mad?

Why can't the nolifers have something for themselves?

Why must it always be taken and given to the masses?
>>
>>336231782
you still have to roll for relic slots that make your weapon stronger, it's not like the weapon is completely forgotten in the loot table, not to mention trinkets and tier sets are still potentially game-changing so those are things you still have to compete for.
and besides, most of it isn't merit-based. high end guilds use loot council and just give the items to whomever they feel would be able to benefit the raid the most with it, not to mention nepotism is still a thing that plagues most raids.

i can't even tell what someone like you actually wants from a game like this. you'll probably say "for gear to matter again" and it does when it comes to min-maxing. the artifact weapon will be no different. what's the problem?
>>
>>336231747
>they're listening to fans
somebody hasn't seen the blue posts on the brewmaster and blood forums!
>>
>>336232162
because nolifers are not important to society as a whole. most people consider them useless and are pretty undeserving of most of the things they have since they feel entitled to the spoils of capitalism while throwing nothing back into the pot.
>>
>>336232234
Celestalon brought back Expel Harm and now it collects the orbs for you if they're in precarious spots so you can heal yourself on-demand. so that's something.
>>
>>336226229
>a contingency plan if WoW fails.
idiot. they wouldnt have sold themselves to CoDivision if they careed about making good franchises. their contingency plan is to get folded into activision even more and keep the blizzard brand to keep selling warcraft slash and league of unity engine with whatever monitization the suits and the market dictate.
>>
>>336232489
They still despawn if you move more than like 20 yards away.
>>
>>336232639
probably a bug since the spell has a 30 yard range.
>>
>>336232194
Your opinions are shit.
>>
>>336232858
y-you too...
>>
>>336232780
Even if it's 30 yards that's completely fucking retarded. Flying Serpent Kick moves you 50 yards and it's a primary movement ability for BrM.
A tank who can't move and mitigate at the same time is worthless. Imagine trying to tank Archi with that strat, by the time you start spawning orbs he'd be casting Allure again.
>>
File: tire.png (960 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
tire.png
960 KB, 1366x768
>>336232308
But they are important and most people, like you, are wrong.

You're the one unwilling to work and thus undeserving of most things, demanding they instead be given to you just for existing.
>>
>>336222252
>Decide to play WoW again
>Remember MoP will be a zone i need to level in
>Stop playing

I hate that expansion with every fiber of my being I will take the no content drought in WoD then a fucking april fool expansion any day
>>
>>336233026
just pay for the level boost ;^)
>>
>>336230506
>That and there was no real story after Arthas' death
Fucking please. They butchered the story from BC onwards.
>>
>>336225009
Do you still get mats and gold from world quests and class halls? If yes, i don't see how professions could ever come back since they also lowered the mats requirement.
>>
>>336233026
WoD literally gives you a free level 90 so you can skip MoP, and it was being given away for free to inactive players yesterday.
Check your email, you probably got one.
>>
>>336233095
They really fuck you coming and going now, don't they.
>>
>>336232948
>Flying Serpent Kick
>BrM

do you play world of warcraft?
>>
>>336233004
>video games
>work

loving every laugh
>>
>>336233267
Chi Torpedo I mean.
>>
File: 1458108584896.png (98 KB, 253x275) Image search: [Google]
1458108584896.png
98 KB, 253x275
>>336232639
>>336232780
>Despawn after 20-30 yards
>Huge number of bosses require you to move further than that, or just teleport you somewhere else entirely at points
the orbs have never been fun regardless, after all the pruning I don't know why or how they're still around, especially since MW lost theirs
>>336232948
>BrM
>Flying Serpent Kick
I wish
>primary movement ability
>mfw
>>
So did they confirm to make pristine servers? I am only willing to try legion if they are pristine without lfr and cross realm shit. If it has server community and progress, I would even be able to handle the class hall shit. Everyone talks about the slow leveling and that is really not the selling point, I want an expansion that is keeping me play for more than two weeks
>>
>>336233410
chi torpedo does NOT move you 50 yards, and most tanks will probably take Tiger's Lust anyway since it's a flat speed increase that allows for more precise movement.
>>
>>336211405
considering the track record of shitting around for the last years it probably won't be good
Especially not with jay fuck that loser wilson
>>
>>336233481
no they did not confirm that. it was just an offhanded suggestion that everyone took as an offer or a confirmation of it.
>>
>>336233452
yeah i always felt like it should just be a stacking buff that you could spend at any point.
>>
>>336233391
>Just give me all of the best loot in the game because I suck. It doesn't matter that I'm garbage, and that other people are much better at the game than I am, I still deserve to have everything they do.

k
>>
>>336224115
just because they cut an expansion in half to sell them seperately doesn't mean it ends up being good because it's complete now
>>
>>336233620
Getting that is more realistic than a vanilla server, I hope they work on it
>>
>>336211405
If it's good then I'll play it, if it's bad then I won't. I have other hobbies, WoW is not the only game I play

I'm not sure why people care so much
>>
>>336233837
>LFR gear is the best loot in the game
>>
File: gowork.jpg (108 KB, 602x915) Image search: [Google]
gowork.jpg
108 KB, 602x915
>>336233391
But you won't be laughing for long when everything is just handed to you and you become bored and quit the game.
>>
>>336234061
>mythic gear is just handed to you
>>
>>336234098
Only if your guild carries you.
>>
>>336234098
>Implying it isn't
>>
>>336234165
>implying it is
>>336234148
and that never happens until several months into the raid tier when enough people can actually do it, and even then just barely until everyone eventually has the whole raid on farm (which most guilds cannot do even in the tiers that last over a year)
>>
>>336234061
>implying gear is why I raid
>>
>>336234165
Only 3.17% of guilds cleared mythic archimonde
>>
>>336234327
>implying gear from the last boss in the entire expansion on the hardest difficulty means anything at all
>>
>>336234327
Meanwhile you can get free Mythic Archi loot by downing HFA 8 times, and HFA is free loot.
>>
>>336234489
>there is no point to raiding the last tier since a new expansion will inevitably come
might as well not play WoW at all, even vanilla.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fea71ZhDzZ4

This video makes me sad because it shows just how out of touch Blizzard are nowadays. They used to have so much passion.
>>
>>336234550
>might as well not play WoW at all, even vanilla.
finally you understand
>>
>>336234274
Fair enough. Unless we're talking Mythic dungeons.

>>336234327
I imagine that number is somewhat higher. How many got SoO mythic?
>>
>>336234302
I stopped being in a raiding guild mid cata when they intriduced lfr. Gear is fun and all, but being able to see the raids and bosses is also a reward, especially when doing it with your guild. I don't really have any motivation to spend time in a raidguild to do the same bosses on easy to hard mode several time. This is the cheapest way possible to keep people busy
>>
>>336226229
>Overwatch
>Not dead in a month
The game is a piece of crapand selling an FPS to RPG fans like blizzard will never work.

Great fap bait tho.
>>
>>336234629
mythic dungeons are pointless once you're geared up enough for normal/heroic HFC (unless you want the BoA trinkets for Legion). we'll just have to see if carries will even be possible in Mythic+ dungeons in Legion.
>>
>>336234743
>The game is a piece of crap and selling an FPS to RPG fans like blizzard will never work.
Isn't that what people said about Heartstone? I'll never understand how the fuck did that get popular when the initial response was "God is dead"
>>
>>336234743
you do know dozens of millions of people play hearthstone, right? it's not just RPG fans.
also, 8 million people signed up for the beta. if this game dies, it'll be because blizzard intentionally killed it.
>>
>>336234743
Blizzdrones eat up anything that drizzles out of Blizzard's butthole

Notice how when Blizzard failed to acquire Dota 2 (i.e. the biggest mistake the company ever made) the drones were saying that ASSFAGGOTS was shit anyway, nobody wanted Dota 2, they hated it, etc. then as soon as Blizzard comes out with their own clone (which is hands down the worst of them all gameplay-wise) they suddenly love ASSFAGGOTS. Same with Hearthstone. If it's made by Blizzard, people WILL hug its nuts firmly.
>>
>>336234629
There was no mythic SoO, just heroic and 7% of guilds cleared heroic Garrosh
>>
>>336234790
>mythic dungeons are pointless once you're geared up enough for normal/heroic HFC

Completely untrue. Warforged Mythic dungeon trinkets are BiS for half the specs in the game. Fire Mage's BiS trinkets in particular (Bonemaws Big Toe, the strength trinket from SMBG) or Khira's Adrenaline Injector from Iron Docks (you can only use one, since they share a CD).
Khira's Adrenaline Injector Warforged to 710 or higher is better DPS for a Fire Mage than 730 Desecrated Shadowmoon Insignia.

Khira's is an Agility trinket btw.
>>
>>336234934
They didn't fail to acquire. They literally told icefrog to fuck off.
>>
>>336235107
I would call that a failure
>>
>>336235130
I would call that pure retardation.
>>
>>336224513
Don't listen to shitposters, there is a chance.
>>
>>336234550
I think you're misunderstanding me here, friend.
There's merit to seeing and clearing all of the content on all difficulties
But now that you've killed mythic archimonde, the hardest fight in the game, there isn't much left, is there? Or are you going to keep going for more gear?
>>
>>336234934
Didn't work with diablo3. Pretty much dead at this point
>>
So I've been a horde baby all my time on WoW and got sick of the neckbeard tier anger problems so I decided to roll on Stormrage for a chance of pace with Alliance

What am I in for?
>>
>>336235376
The exact same thing except with more furries.
>>
>>336235376
standing in Stormwind then standing in your garrison
>>
>>336235229
most guilds would probably farm it for the mount every week. and at that point if they're very skilled, THEN they could start formulating comps that could potentially carry people through the fight, which is another venture in itself since it requires a change in strategy. either way, if the guild felt like it then they would probably keep raiding anyway just because of the community they've formed, or they'll all just fuck off and come back for the next expansion where some people will stay online to do pvp and farm transmog and other shit that doesn't really have a stated goal and is just something to do for personal reasons.
>>
File: 1462067370334.gif (3 MB, 336x335) Image search: [Google]
1462067370334.gif
3 MB, 336x335
>>336234512
Wrong, fagtron, weapons, tier, and class trinkets aren't in the cache loot tables.
>>
>>336235712
Archi drops more than weapons, tier and class trinkets retard.
>>
File: 1461197264323.jpg (46 KB, 500x383) Image search: [Google]
1461197264323.jpg
46 KB, 500x383
>>336235849
OH MAN, HE DROPS POORLY ITEMIZED GEAR THAT GIVES YOU MORE OF YOUR PRIMARY STAT!

STOP THE FUCKING PRESSES, IT ISN'T WORTH DOWNING MYTHIC ARCHIE ANYMORE
>>
>>336235502
Exactly, but the gear that drops isn't the driving force, is it? Not even for the people who raid for gear normally
All of the gear you get leading up to the final boss of the expansion on the hardest difficulty is there to make the fight easier, or even in the majority of cases; possible. The presence of gear on that loot table is unnecessary, not that i'd want it to be removed of course, it's not doing any harm there
>>
Wait, how is archimonde a raid boss when he died at the world tree in warcraft3?
>>
>>336235712
Archi class trinkets are in the cache list.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 81

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.