[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
About a year since The Witcher 3 came out How do you feel about it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 211
Thread images: 47
File: file.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
file.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
About a year since The Witcher 3 came out

How do you feel about it?
>>
>>336203371
I feel dirty. I smell, this toxic stench won't wash off.
>>
Good game.

Can't wait for Blood & Wine.
>>
>>336203461
Was Heartstone good?
>>
>>336203573

Pretty great, yeah.
>>
I have no interest in it, same with the last two. I don't really get the hype.
>>
Started it recently. It's interesting. Pretty nice, but kinda dumbed down from the previous games.
>>
>>336203461
Is there a release date for blood and wine yet?>>336203573
its good
>>
i haven't played it yet. i want to, but i don't know if i have the attention span for 200 hour story games anymore. only games i can put that many hours into nowadays are games where you can dick around and do what you want without a strong narrative pushing you around.
>>
>>336204612
You can stray away from the main story and do witcher contracts which are like their own self contained story. It's really cool and has a television series kind of feel with each new quest.
>>
>>336203573
Better than the main game
>>
GOTY 2015 and 2016
>>
>>336203371
I bought this game during the Steam Winter sale, but only started playing last night.
>play for over an hour
>feel like I've spent ~80% of that time in cutscenes
>wouldn't be so bad if the scenes didn't have *le dramatic pause* after every fucking sentence
>voice acting is kinda shitty, the little girl pisses me off
>falls so perfectly into the "too smart/strong for her own good" young character archetype that it's cringeworthy

Outside of the cutscenes, the game seems to be really well done. It looks great, combat is cool, lore (as far as I know it) seems nice, the world is pretty immersive.

I didn't think a trained monster hunter would die from very small fall distances, but fair enough.
>>
Started playing a week ago. Tried getting past the extremely dull start 2 times before and thought the game was shit. Now that I've managed to push past, I love it.
>>
I legitimately wish I could say it was a good game.

I paid $60 for it, and I will literally never have any desire to re-play it because it's just so easy, shallow, and disappointing.
>>
File: 1332785006172.png (218 KB, 393x398) Image search: [Google]
1332785006172.png
218 KB, 393x398
>>336203371

Best game of 2015 and still the best game release to this date. 2016 doesn't have a better game that tops it so far, maybe when the holiday season rolls around but I'm not too sure. What's even coming out this year?
>>
>>336205117
There's not a monster hunter alive who can slay the greatest monster of them all:

Gravity.
>>
>>336205117
>>falls so perfectly into the "too smart/strong for her own good" young character archetype that it's cringeworthy
You're gonna fucking hate it then. Her entire reason for existence is being a Deus Ex Machina who has super-powers that let her win everything.

You will also realize how disappointing everything else in the game is before then.
>>
File: witcher3 2016-05-01 23-55-03-18.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
witcher3 2016-05-01 23-55-03-18.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1440
>>336203371
Waiting for B&W
>>
>>336204390
nothing concrete just sometime-in-may rumors
>>
>>336203371
Never played the game, but can you go to that mountain from that current location?
>>
>>336203371
Love it.

I wish it ran better on my PC though.
>>
>>336205192
Go play I Wanna Be The Guy and its endless sequels.
>>
>>336205519
...what?
>>
>>336205461
No.
>>
>>336204390
I think its supposed to come this month since the review embargo is ending may 10th and it should come in the first half
>>
File: 1434621735013.jpg (195 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1434621735013.jpg
195 KB, 1920x1080
Beat 1 and 2.
Got 3 and put about 60 hours into it, got probably a little over half way into the main story.
Then I just...stopped. I don't know, this is back around release time, and I just haven't had the urge or motivation to go back and finish it.
>>
I feel like it's always one step away from breaking down. I'm running it on ultra except for foliage draw distance which is high and get a consistent 60fps but I feel like it's about to crash any second for some reason. Maybe it's a framepacing issue?
>>
>>336205542
>muh difficulty
So go play the hardest games.
>>
>>336205461
Yes.
>>
Game with barely serviceable combat wins countless GOTY awards

W3 is a demonstration of how bad the industry is now
>>
>>336205706
You're not making any sense.
>>
>>336203371
pretty decent, but combat leaves you wanting more. Great story, excellent graphics, and interesting rpg mechanics.
>>
Tried the 2nd a long time ago when i got it for like $5
It was okay, never really went back to it after killing the Kraken, an early boss.
Bought The Wild Hunt in December on sale for $30
I still love it, beat it once and it was great, loved practically every minute
I got HoS, but I haven't played it yet. I honestly don't know why. But I am upgrading my rig soon with a 980ti and a 8350, probably gonna do it then at way too many FPS for my 1080p monitor.
>>
>>336205668
Stuttering

Get an SSD or drop your i3 or 2500k.
>>
>>336205742
Exactly, every other game is so fucking terrible
>>
I'm still legitimately upset there isn't a Gwent expansion/stand alone game.
>>
>>336205654
i had the same thing happen to me, just get back into it and power through the main story ignore all sidequests and finish it
>>
Feel great. Planning on getting back into the game once the final DLC comes out and there's a sale (or maybe if a GotY edition is released with all of the DLC).
>>
>>336205742
Good graphics and lots of talking go a long way to impress journos.

Combat is really boring though.
>>
>>336205780
I have an SSD and an i7 4790k but its on my HDD. Does an SSD really help with this game?
>>
>>336205848
>every deck is monster deck with maybe a nilfgaard spy deck thrown in every now and then
>>
>>336205461

Yes, ignore the ones that say no. If you can see it, you can go to it. The mountain area of skellige is an island chain so it's naturally bordered by ocean water you can't cross.
>>
>>336205848
Gwent Online used to be a thing

the game doesn't really have enough depth to be played for a long time
>>
>>336205759
>Because it's so easy, shallow
Okay, so you don't like games that are easy or story driven games. Go play actually hard games that have no story like IWBTG, or Super Meat Boy, or bullet hell then. Those are actually hard games.

Witcher 3 isn't supposed to be hard and if you can't invest in the characters or didn't play the other 2 games or didn't read the books then I can understand why you'd think it was shallow, but the main appeal of the game is story and characters across the games.
>>
>>336203461
FUCK im so hyped for this.
>>
>>336205917

Yes, SSD and CPU

I had few stuttering in certain areas with my SSD. Updated my 2500k to a 6600k and went from stuttering in novigrad at 45 fps to smooth 55-60 at the square

gtx 970 as gpu
>>
>>336205936
are you dumb

northern realms is easily the strongest deck, followed closely by nilfgaard

monsters and scoiaitel don't even come close
>>
>>336205283
kek'd
>>336205296
Oh dear. I'll keep playing till I can't bear it then, just so I can back up my shitposting.
>>
>>336205917
What's your GPU?

Yes an SSD makes a difference in every game. HDDs have a max transfer speed of like 80Mb/s and even cheapo SSDs like the 120gb 850 are 400-500MB/s and can be up to 1.2Gbps with RAPID mode.

Maybe faster RAM might help too.

I never crashed in TW3 on all ultra minus Hairworks with an 850 256gb, i5-2500k @4.4, 980, and 1866Mhz RAM. Did get some stutters though.
>>
>>336206006
>Okay, so you don't like games that are easy or story driven games.
That's not remotely true. My favorite games of all time are Ultima IV and V, and those are absolutely story-driven games.

The thing is, they actually had a GOOD story.

And I DID play the other two Witcher games. And it was STILL shit, you know fucking why? Because aside from the piss-easy combat, the horrible loot and crafting system, and the tedious and kind of insulting PoI reward/quest reward set-up, the game spend 80% of it's run-time trying to make me care about this dumb bitch Ciri who I have absolutely no idea why I'm supposed to care about since every single scene she's in, she uses some new magic power that she pulled out of her ass to save herself. And yet the whole time, I'm supposed to be hunting her down to save her from something that isn't even explained until the last 1/5 of the game, because they forgot to write it in.
>>
>>336205778
you should wait with the 980ti, I think 1080 gets revealed soon.
>>
>>336205239
Only game I'm really looking forward to this year is deus ex. Doubt it'll top TW3 for me though.
>>
>>336206262
>the game makes me try to care about Mary Sue Ciri
This is why you should at least read a primer on book lore before playing TW3. The game isn't trying to make you like her; everyone in the game already does and you're RPing at Geralt. If you don't understand why he cares about Ciri then that's your problem for ignorance.

The previous two games don't really introduce Ciri so at least reading a primer on the lore would be important.

Ciri is not a Mary Sue at all if you want me to go into that.
>>
Trash game that keeps being shilled here by dirty Polacks. Nobody ever talks about Witxher 3. Only muh GOTY awards.
>>
I refunded the game the moment I realized they replaced Dandylion's VA
>>
>>336206498
>This is why you should at least read a primer on book lore before playing TW3

Oh right. Yeah, my bad. Playing the other two fucking games in the series wasn't enough. It was my fault that I didn't go buy a novel and read it so that I could properly appreciate the game, because fuck being able to tell a story that makes sense within the confines of the actual game I paid money for.
>>
>>336206498
>This is why you should at least read a primer on book lore before playing TW3
Quality story

JUST READ THE BOOKS SENPAI IT ALL MAKES SENSE

CuckDPR drones are cancer.
>>
>>336206609
CuckDPR drones will say anything to justify the incompetence of muh based Polack devs
>>
>>336206609
Would you get upset if you played a Star Wars game RPing as Anakin and say things like "WHY DOES THE GAME TRY SO HARD TO MAKE TO CARE ABOUT PADME REEE"?

Do you think it might be worth it to watch the movies at that point to understand his character?

The game isn't a 1:1 to the books. It's a self contained story where they ported over the characters and their previous development into the game. The story about Ciri was irrelevant for the last two games because Geralt didn't remember his whole past yet until the very end of TW2.
>>
>>336206676
Literally read a 5 page primer posted on the Witcher general and you're completely set up.

Can you not read 5 pages of lore/story background, anon? Would you prefer the game spend 5-10hrs making you understand why Geralt cares about Ciri when that doesn't make sense for his character?
>>
>>336206854
Actually yes. The games should be self-contained. Witcher 3 story is trash, alomgside its Ass Creed-tier gameplay.
>>
>>336206808
They're not necessarily bad developers, they just have no idea how to write a story and I'm pretty sure they never actually playtested their game.

I mean, here's a thought experiment that 100% of TW3 fans are literally incapable of:
>Picture TW3 as you played it. Remember your experience with the game, the gameplay, the systems, the crafting, the dialogue, all of it.
>Now remove the graphics. Imagine the exact same game with the graphics of say, Morrowind.
Is the game still as good as you remember it? Because once you take away the graphical polish, it's really just a very mediocre third-person console "RPG" with bad combat and a boring story.

>Do you think it might be worth it to watch the movies at that point to understand his character?
Um....no? If you can't tell the story within the game itself, then fucking write a better story.
>>
>>336206969
>the most central relationship of the game
>game doesn't even explain it

LMAO GOTY OF THE YEAR MUH BASED POLACK DEVS CAN DO NO WRONG
>>
>>336206969
>Would you prefer the game spend 5-10hrs making you understand why Geralt cares about Ciri when that doesn't make sense for his character?
No, I'd prefer the game spend 5-10 hours making ME care about Ciri.

So that I actually have some motivation to give a fuck about what happens over the course of the plot.
>>
File: 1370597700080.png (80 KB, 784x772) Image search: [Google]
1370597700080.png
80 KB, 784x772
>>336206609

The games as I played them in this order: Witcher 2 > Witcher 1 > Witcher 3

I understood everything fine, maybe it just might be a you thing this once. First game is about the adventures of Gerald. Second game is about the past of Gerald. Third game is about Gerald's past catching up to him, resolving it and moving beyond it. There weren't specifics told in exposition for you to understand. You just don't understand that he is the one with the memories and you don't know what is in his mind and how he feels about the people in them. You learn that from his mood when interacting with others.

Just like it real life. If you were next to me and I met a long time friend and I was happy about it, you wouldn't start saying shit like "Woah who is this, why are you talking to them like you know them, I'm supposed to care why, I can't believe I wasn't told this before hand, I don't even know this person."

You come off as a faggot when you expect things to cater to you.
>>
>>336207286
>First game is about the adventures of Gerald

You didn't actually play any of the games, did you?
>>
>>336207053
>>336207205
Okay let me phrase it this way:

You're playing D&D and you create a backstory for you character complete with relationships to certain people. Do you expect the DM to recap things your character should already know just because you start a new game with the same character?
>>
>>336207159
Exactly. People play these games for same reason they play Uncharted and Order 1886. It sure as fuck isn't the gameplay. Nobody ever talks about Witcher 3 gameplay.
>>
>>336207362
>Do you expect the DM to recap things your character should already know just because you start a new game with the same character?

As someone who's been DMing for like, 10 years now, yeah it's pretty common to start every session with a recap of what happened, and sometimes what the players know.

Sine, y'know, it's important to the story.
>>
I enjoy it, but I didn't finish it through the first time because things came up in real life.

Tried to go back to it, and it's very difficult to get back into it, so I restarted.

By the time I got back to the same point in the story, I got kind of bored, and quit again.

I want to do the whole story / game, but it's very difficult to remain interested throughout, because not much changes from the start to the end.
>>
Replayed twice, HoS was fucking fantastic and engrossing the entire way

B&W is really topping my anticipation list
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (166 KB, 1005x832) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
166 KB, 1005x832
>>336207361

Say that to me face not online and see what happens.

Come here, where I live and say that to my face. I double dog dare you.
>>
>>336207515
Doesn't help that the combat is the equivalent of a rectal examination.
>>
>>336207495
I've never played a game (I've been playing since AD&D) that recaps, to the player about their character, what that character thinks and believes and who he cares about. You shouldn't have to be reminded of the motivations and personality of the character you're RPing as unless you're playing someone else's character.
>>
>>336207590
>bind dodge to mouse button
>mash it and never get hit
>>
Witcher 3 isn't an RPG. It's just a very clunky action adventure game. Polacks will say anything to defend this awful game.
>>
>>336207656
>You shouldn't have to be reminded of the motivations and personality of the character you're RPing as unless you're playing someone else's character.

Well that's because in fucking D&D, YOU created the character and YOU defined their beliefs, cares, and relationships.

This is a game where the WRITERS created the character and then DIDN'T THINK IT WAS IMPORTANT TO TELL US ANY OF THAT SHIT.
>>
>>336203371
pretty great fagbag, but I hate how these and shitposting threads are the norm now instead of the discussion that used to happen around here.
>>
>>336207782
>CDprojeckt RED created the characters of the Witcher franchise.

No. Sapkowski created the characters and CDPR just took those previously established characters and made a new story from them that incorporates tons and tons of book material. It is your fault and your fault alone that you don't understand the character and his motivations because you have no knowledge of the source material from which they were pulled!

It's like playing a Harry Potter game and getting mad when you don't understand why Harry would care about certain things because you didn't read the books or a lore primer.

You don't have to read 10 books to understand why he loves Ciri. You need to read for 5 minutes to understand that.
>>
>>336203371
One if the best games I ever played.

Will replay once I get my new video card
>>
>>336208060
When did this happen?
>>
>>336208060
Now you're just picking at semantics.

The writers were the ones who defined Geralt's motivations throughout the story. They never bothered to make those motivations known to the player.

The fact that someone fan-wrote a guide you need to read before playing the game SHOULD TELL YOU EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT HOW THE WRITERS FUCKED UP.
>>
>>336208310
meant for >>336208129
>>
>>336203371
I am on my second playthrough
Deserved the goty awards
>>
I'm already planning on beginning a NG+ file in anticipation for both expansions (haven't even tried HoS yet).
>>
File: 12040150230.jpg (187 KB, 640x1360) Image search: [Google]
12040150230.jpg
187 KB, 640x1360
It's a decent game made during a time of mediocrity that has inflated most peoples views on it.

It's literally this gens Last of Us, a game most people say "they love" because it's the current circlejerk whereas reality shows the game on life support (PC playercount).

Go play Dark Souls 3 and ignore this cinematic snoozefest.
>>
>Just started Hearts of Stone
>Ship crashes
>Kill a bunch of Ofieris and a mage
>"Oh man I've landed on distant shores, I can't wait to explore this strange new land of Ofier"
>Open map
>I'm actually about a stone's throw from Novigrad

I'm still kind of hoping the questline will whisk me away to a new map soon but also expecting to be disappointed on that
>>
File: 1323898145680.jpg (81 KB, 469x741) Image search: [Google]
1323898145680.jpg
81 KB, 469x741
>>336208310
>They never bothered to make those motivations known to the player.

They don't have to and I'm ashamed you even ask. This is GERALD's story, not yours. He has his own feelings, emotions, opinions and past, your input isn't needed nor wanted in his story.

Gerald gives no fucks if you don't know important past characters, CD Projekt Red gives no fucks if you don't understand the history behind them, and I personal like it that way. Stop being such an autist because not everything is explained to you like a mouth breathing coma patient. I read this very same argument when Witcher 2 released and I'm giving you the same answer I gave those tards in 2011.

Deal
With
It.
>>
>>336208486
It's a singleplayer game, player count doesn't mean shit, you can beat the game and say you love it without ever starting it up again

Skyrim and Fallout are just anomalies with that because normies eat up bethesda's shit

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not saying this game is god's gift to mankind like a lot of others like to do either, it's pretty decent and I enjoyed it mostly because I already enjoyed Witcher 1 and 2 before it
>>
File: 20160427035527_1.jpg (533 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160427035527_1.jpg
533 KB, 1920x1080
>>336205239
>>336206397

But we already have a game that topped the Witcher 3
>>
>>336208723

>normies eat up Bethesda shit
>Witcher 3 broke 10 million sales
>Is literally more shallow than anything Bethesda have ever made mechanically
>Literal "Game of Thrones" tier bait

Nice try, face it. Your game is just boring as fuck
>>
>>336208649
>They don't have to and I'm ashamed you even ask. This is GERALD's story, not yours.

You're literally being an apologist for bad writing right now. Like, you're saying "It's alright that they didn't write the story well, because it's not about YOU".
>>
>>336208728

Eh, Souls 3 is a great game, but it's just a large set of refinements rather than a largely new experience.
>>
>>336208796
Alright, I'll take the bait, tell me how Witcher 3 is literally more shallow than Fallout 4
>>
File: Dark Souls.jpg (190 KB, 981x1114) Image search: [Google]
Dark Souls.jpg
190 KB, 981x1114
>>336208728

It really didn't. Dank Souls 3 is really gud, but they aren't even in the same category. Dank Souls is about the playing experience, the fun of the moment. Witcher 3 is about the story, the gameplay is just there to keep you busy.

I would rate both 9/10 but Witcher 3 will be remembered by me for years and be the game others compare to, not Dank Souls 3.
>>
>>336208796

>Nice try, face it. Your game is just boring as fuck

Nah, it's a good game you're wrong fampai.
>>
>>336208486
bethesmeme games have superior mod support

No one outside the casual console market ever played an ES or FO game for their deep plots and polished game mechanics.
>>
>>336208728
DaSIII is great, but TW3 still lands itself on top for me. DaSIII is great fun, but TW3 is something that will stick with me for a very long time.
>>
>>336208228
at the end.
>>
>>336209084
I didn't realize that was on the moon, I thought it was just some region far in the north or something.
>>
>>336207361

Hes right though. The first focuses on Gerard's adventures.
>>
File: 1311210970511.jpg (108 KB, 622x810) Image search: [Google]
1311210970511.jpg
108 KB, 622x810
>>336208831
>Like, you're saying "It's alright that they didn't write the story well, because it's not about YOU".

When you learn to deal with it, I'll be here waiting so we can discuss this like adults. Do you also get mad when your girlfriend fucked other guys in the past or when someone did something better than you? You need to learn to let go. Let go buster, set yourself free.
>>
>>336203371
Remember playing it after Bloodborne.. it was still a let down despite being a okish Western RPG
>>
File: Dark Souls 3 is better.png (513 KB, 1375x755) Image search: [Google]
Dark Souls 3 is better.png
513 KB, 1375x755
>>336208907
>>336208986
>>336208857

Witcher 3 to me was just pretty boring, no two ways about it. Combat/gameplay was too repetitive and limiting and even the story that it gets praised for felt totally safe and generic.

>Mary Sue Ciri who is always in another castle
>Geralt needs to save her
>Wild Hunt have zero motive or reedemable qualities
>White Frost out of nowhere
>Ciri beats them because
>Ciri can die if you don't hug her in that one cutscene
>Emyhr says a few lines at best

The story was just mediocre in my opinion and suffered from the same ex machina fuckery that Mass Effect 3 got shat on for having. Every side quest revolved around following red trails and then engaging in some tedious and limiting combat

Dark Souls 3 is the best Souls game in my opinion and the gameplay is just fantastic, same with the variety/replayability.

Witcher 3 showed how much replayability it had when it stooped down as low as Dark Souls 1 and DS2 in playercount, it has zero depth and outside of the initial overrated nature the game received, even the ones who praised it got bored.
>>
File: 4-16-16.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
4-16-16.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>336209287
DS3 is really good, but it didn't evoke the kind of "holy shit" feeling that I had when going from W2 to W3
>>
File: tw3 playtime.jpg (14 KB, 219x271) Image search: [Google]
tw3 playtime.jpg
14 KB, 219x271
>>336208486
>where's Witcher 3 bros?
not playing on steam.
>>
File: 22.jpg (96 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
22.jpg
96 KB, 500x500
>>336208897

Easy

Fallout 4

>can buy houses
>can build entire settlements, manage them and customize them freely
>builds range from hand 2 hand, guns, melee weapons to explosives and the power armors
>companions add an extra layer to the game
>Morality can be evil, neutral or lawful

Witcher 3
>pre determined build (some form of a swordsman)
>pre determined morality (some form of neutral)
>took 4+ months to implement a storage mechanic
>weapons are all one handed (swords are essentially the only viable weapon)
>only 1 offensive spell

Now's the part where you tell me this doesn't count
>>
>>336209379
There was so much more to the witcher 3 though than just the story surrounding Ciri. It had some of the best side quests I've ever done in a game. Especially that whole Baron questline.
>>
File: 1426133278118.png (156 KB, 772x647) Image search: [Google]
1426133278118.png
156 KB, 772x647
>>336209384

>Woah.... Witcher 3 is now a totally generic open world Ubisoft game with the same level of bloated padding that every triple A open world game suffers from, "Holy shit"

Kill yourself senpai
>>
>>336203371
Started playing a week ago. I was having the time of my life until I realized I fucked up my chance of ending with Triss, and ended up going for Yen just to not end lonely.. Thing is I fucking hate Yen and triss is gone forever and now I'm rushing the game without caring, whereas before I walked everywere and enjoyed everything of this great game
>>
File: 1.png (258 KB, 358x328) Image search: [Google]
1.png
258 KB, 358x328
>>336209627

>some of the best side quests i've ever done in a game

Go play Oblivion, VtMB, Deus Ex HR, New Vegas, Fallout 3 or pretty much any good pre 2010 RPG

>Muh Bloody Baron

Go back to plebbit while you're at it you cancerous fuck.

"Holy shit, The Baron beat his wife and felt bad about it! MUH DEPTH"
>>
File: 3.jpg (18 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
18 KB, 225x225
>>336208728

Dark Souls 3 is pretty much GOTG confirmed tho, not quite fair to compare it to some cinematic meme game.
>>
File: 1362186237095.png (1 MB, 680x497) Image search: [Google]
1362186237095.png
1 MB, 680x497
>>336209379
>Witcher 3 to me was just pretty boring

At least your opinion is more grounded than that other guy that keeps complaining about how it wasn't explained. I liked the story a lot. You praise Dark Souls 3 for having tight gameplay which it does but Witcher 3's story is pretty much one of the best of all gaming to date. On par with past greats like Planscape Torment, Pillars of Eternity and so on.

You didn't like it, others did. This is called an opinion and your opinion, no matter how just it feels for you, is in the minority. Still, I just want to point out you fault Witcher 3's story but don't fault Dank Souls 3's horrendous mess of a story.
>>
>>336209802
>Validate my opinions: The Post
>>
File: witcher3 2015-05-21 18-27-34-50.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
witcher3 2015-05-21 18-27-34-50.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>336209630
I dunno what to tell you mate, I really enjoyed rolling through peasant towns taking contracts.
>>
>>336209898

stop it faggot they're both very good
>>
>>336209802
K
>>
File: 2005.jpg (16 KB, 309x280) Image search: [Google]
2005.jpg
16 KB, 309x280
>>336209802
>Says Fallout fucking 3 has better written sidequests than Witcher 3
>Tells someone to go back to ribbiit

At this point I don't even care to try arguing with you because you're either a troll or someone with taste so bad that you'd be doing the video game industry a service if you stopped buying them
>>
File: 1455278011485.gif (29 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
1455278011485.gif
29 KB, 557x605
>>336209934

That looks really comfy and brings back memories.
>>
If somebody made a mod that fixes the god-awful combat it might be a decent game.

It's shiny and has lots of good cut scenes and dialogue but the actual gameplay is utter fucking casual garbage.
>>
I like that the wind affected foliage, but it was odd to see everything sway at the same direction with the same force at the same time whether it be a blade of grass or a whole tree.
>>
File: witcher3 2015-05-27 15-28-25.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
witcher3 2015-05-27 15-28-25.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>336210052
Maybe its because I live in the sticks (or I'm just boring), but I fucking love w3's forests.
>>
>>336203573
It was fucking fantastic.
B&W is probably going to be even better.
God damn I'm going to miss this world, Just keep doing expansions forever.
>>
>>336209934
I mean, some people don't have standards. I guess you're one of them? It must be nice being completely anti-critical and blind. Do you also bark like a seal when someone dangles a new AAA game in front of your face?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (146 KB, 1268x832) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
146 KB, 1268x832
>>336209802

Witcher 3 has THE BEST STORY.

This list doesn't even include all the RPG's I've played on SNES and other old systems, none steam games and BOOKS which I often read.

The
Best
Story
>>
File: lel.jpg (180 KB, 1537x489) Image search: [Google]
lel.jpg
180 KB, 1537x489
>>336209905

The story was pretty shoddily done and I would definitely argue that using the "g-go to a totally different medium dating back decades ago i-if you want a more fleshed out story" is pretty retarded and damage control tier but the lack of fleshing out was the least of the narratives problems imo.

> but Witcher 3's story is pretty much one of the best of all gaming to date.

And I completely disagree, what about the story was good, let alone putting it in the same talkings of games like Planescape Torment or even Deus Ex/Thief titles? The story was totally generic and had nothing separating it from any fantastic flick.

>que evil threat
>que mary sue ex machina that can solve this threat
>que in some romance/feels
>boom there you go

How can you make such a factual statement when i've listed many major complaints about the games story? Nobody will share your opinion outside of the vocal minority of Witcher autists.

>no matter how just it feels for you, is in the minority.

Going by actual statistics, Witcherfags in general are in the minority

>dead general
>only discussion on /v/ is shitposting
>player count is lower than 2005 PC multiplat games

>Still, I just want to point out you fault Witcher 3's story but don't fault Dank Souls 3's horrendous mess of a story.

Dark Souls has never been about the story, Witcher 3 presents itself in a cinematic manner and fails on pretty much all fronts.
>>
>>336210162
I live the way the trees blow in the wind. Some of the forests are really dense and you can hear the wood creaking and leaves shuffling and it's just so damn nice.
>>
>>336209905
Alright, as someone who likes Witcher 3 quite a bit, you're going a bit far with it and its main storyline is probably the weakest of the three games
>>
>>336210038

Fallout 3 absolutely has better written as well as more fun side quests than Witcher 3.

>Tenpennys tower
>Replicant
>Megaton bomb

All were legitimate great quests that shit on the "Follow the red brick road" tier quests that were in the Witcher 3
>>
>>336210326

>that many hours in FO4
>thinks his opinion is in any way shape or form valid

Come back when you can refute my arguments. See: >>336210327
>>
>>336210464
Are you really gonna cherrypick like that? Because quests like

>Find the vampire serial killer
>Fyke Isle
>Steal Yennefer's clothes to get hot mage bitches

Were way better than Fallout 3's "Kill ghouls in a supermarket" tier quests
>>
an amazing game, its been a while since a gme left me this empty once I finished it.

the only thign I have to complain about the game is that the combat is kinda shitty and once you reach lvl 25+ and get the witcher gear the game gets way to easy, you pretty much fuck everything up with 0 effort, then again I played it on normal.
>>
>>336210464
>retardedly written story quests with follow the radar blip gameplay
>megaton good in anyway

i bet you think the Bethesda fallouts are best in the series.
>>
File: witcher 3 btfo.png (165 KB, 2366x910) Image search: [Google]
witcher 3 btfo.png
165 KB, 2366x910
>>336210745

Get me quests in Witcher 3 with this level of complexity.
>>
>>336210237
>le gaming is serious business fag

Kill yourself, seriously. Look back at the horseshit you're arguing about.
>>
>>336210819

>retardedly written story quests with follow radar blip and follow red trails batham gameplay
>Witcher 3 good in anyway

I bet you think Witcher 3 is an actual game
>>
>>336203371
Im not the only one who thinks that we should have played Ciri.. i mean in the Books Ciri is the main character and it stick with the author that Gerald should have stayed dead.
We could have played Gerald in some flashbacks instead its the other way around, fuck.. i want a open world Witcher game that does not have a big story, instead we have many small stories that sometimes link into each other, like the first two books. This world has so much to offer but we just get a story that kinda dismisses everything the books where about. Gerald gets involved in almost everything important but meanwhile he states thats not his Business.
>>
File: 1370432189652.jpg (633 KB, 1583x1054) Image search: [Google]
1370432189652.jpg
633 KB, 1583x1054
>>336210327
>And I completely disagree, what about the story was good

The characters, the setting, the conflicts, the resolutions, the problems. Even simple things like getting the player to kill things can turn into long quest chain events. One example is how I helped a guy in a bar, killed his murderer, got sentenced to jail, had to prove myself by helping out another guy do a test of courage while high and all of this started with a simple kill X quest.

>The story was totally generic and had nothing separating it from any fantastic flick.

Only the bullet points are generic. Characters interacting with each other, having their own ideas and ways to solve problems is also part of the story.

>How can you make such a factual statement when i've listed many major complaints about the games story?

Because your complaints are not factual at all but opinionated. A fact can be backed by scientific measurements, you just didn't like a thing because REASONS. The white march fulfills the role of being the villains perfectly and involve themselves deeply into the game's narrative. Much more so than the reaper in that picture you used. They've been around since the first game.

>dead general

It's a story heavy game and there's only so much you can talk about before you run out of things to say. This is the fate of ALL generals and the reason why /vg/ is cancer.
>>
>>336211091
Even in the books Ciri is OP as shit, how would they even balance that when she's far and away stronger than pretty much everyone else in the Witcher universe
>>
>>336211204
Make the game about her learning her powers, i love games where you are broken as fuck at the end.
>>
File: witcher3 2015-05-27 23-22-04.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
witcher3 2015-05-27 23-22-04.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>336210912
>tenpenny tower
>kill ghouls and aquire currency
>or side with the ghouls and they pillage the tower regardless of your other actions
>good, complex quest
You got a giggle out of me
>>
>>336203573
Gameplay is still hot shit, but it has one of the best stories in video games.
>>
>>336209256
>that was on the moon
you're not on the moon.
>>
>>336211434
>You got a giggle out of me

One example that trumps that is Keira

After you sex her you can:

>Kill her
>Tell her to go to your safe house
>Let her leave with the juice

If you kill her, she dies. If you get her to side with you, she'll be there in the end game fighting with you. If you let her leave, she'll end up spit roasted on a pyre.
>>
File: oh shit son.jpg (86 KB, 650x427) Image search: [Google]
oh shit son.jpg
86 KB, 650x427
>>336211195

>The characters, the setting, the conflicts, the resolutions, the problems

So a few blanket statements and baseless claims? Good to know, nice examples.

>resolutions

You mean how Geralt can choose who the king/queen of Skellige is based on who he arbitrarily helps?

You mean how Ciri defeats the White Frost with zero explanation as to how?

You mean how Ciri can die if you don't snowball fight her?

You mean how Geralt can decide the fate of temeria by going out of character and kill an emperor/king?

You mean how....

You get the point

>Even simple things like getting the player to kill things can turn into long quest chain events

Except they never boil into anything more than "follow this red shit, talk to guy, make some morally 'grey' choice". Literal Bioware/Skyrim tier.

> One example is how I helped a guy in a bar, killed his murderer, got sentenced to jail, had to prove myself by helping out another guy do a test of courage while high and all of this started with a simple kill X quest.

And that's a quest line, Skyrim had something similar when you get drunk and need to retrace your steps. What about this is "best story in gaming" tier to you?

>Characters interacting with each other, having their own ideas and ways to solve problems is also part of the story.

Some more blanket statements with zero example, great.

>Because your complaints are not factual at all but opinionated.

Ok so:

>Ciri dying because no hugs
>Ciri killing White Frost with no explanation
>Emyhr getting a total of 20~ lines of dialogue
>White Frost having the moral complexity of Mojo Jojo from Powerpuff Girls

Are "opinions" and "not facts"? Feel free to explain how they're wrong

>The white march fulfills the role of being the villains perfectly and involve themselves deeply into the game's narrative. Much more so than the reaper in that picture you used.

Explain how.

>This is the fate of ALL generals

Except for good games
>>
>>336211195
this is a quality post
>>
>>336211746
>You mean how Ciri can die if you don't snowball fight her?
Sounds like someone got the bad father ending....
>>
File: 1460212517647.webm (694 KB, 724x578) Image search: [Google]
1460212517647.webm
694 KB, 724x578
>>336211746
>Explain how.

I have to go to sleep, work in the morning. Save your reply and post it an any witcher thread between 2pm and 2am. I'll be there, as I have always been. Count on it my little witcher bro.
>>
>>336211434
>>336211695

>kill Kera
>LEL, SHE DIES ANYWAY
>tell her to go to your sage house
>LEL, SHE DISAPPEARS IN THE END ANYWAY
>kill her
>LEL, SHE'S DEAD

Wew, such complexity.

Here's an example of the Megaton quest

>report the suited man to the sheriff
>Let the sheriff get killed - Son takes over as sheriff and now lives alone. Sheriff is no longer in the game
>Save the sheriff
>Kill the suited man and detonate the Nuke
>Kill the suited man yourself, THEN report him to the sheriff
>Don't kill the suited man, and detonate the nuke (he becomes a charatcer you can interact with throughout the game)

Face it, Fallout 3s quests simply have more depth average.
>>
File: yes yes yes.jpg (35 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
yes yes yes.jpg
35 KB, 200x200
>>336211885

>Witcher thread
>on /v/

I'll see you in a few weeks when the next thread emerges then I guess
>>
>>336211956
But the difference is that Keira Metz is a much more interesting and developed character than anyone in your Megaton example, and that's what really makes a good sidequest more than total freedom to use the door or the ladder
>>
File: rhythmguys.jpg (54 KB, 660x377) Image search: [Google]
rhythmguys.jpg
54 KB, 660x377
>>336203371
Indiferent

What else should I feel about a slightly above average game?
>>
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 1000x572) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 1000x572
>>336211885
Wait TheBull94 has a job? I thought he just shitposted in his parents basement. Also fuck off with these threads where you continue to be asshurt about meaningless awards from a game released last year.
>>
>>336210912
You didn't have to post a pic of every sidequest in Fallout 3.
>>
>>336212135

>but the difference is my subjective preference for tits (the only reason anybody still even remotely thinks about this piece of shit game) is why i'm right and you're wrong

Ok pal, time for me to sign out of this one and let this shit thread for this shit game die out as always. Cya
>>
>>336209379
Sup Bull
>>
>>336211956
Every single one of those characters has less personality than this chair I'm sitting on. It's a binary Nuke it or dont quest, if you want to do this right you're gunna have to at least bump up to New Vegas standards.
>>
>>336212392
>Autismo gave up

Hurrah!
>>
File: image.jpg (370 KB, 1583x2043) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
370 KB, 1583x2043
>>336212392
>of this one and let this shit thread for this shit game die out as always. Cya
Wish you would actually stop making these shitty threads about this shitty game you enormous faggot.
>>
>>336203371
I always feel my computer is gonna burn while playing this
>>
File: 2016-03-05_00004.jpg (324 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-05_00004.jpg
324 KB, 1920x1080
Best game ever for me personally. I am in love with it and probably won't ever get over it.
And Hearts of Stone wsa just out of this world, I swear.
>>
File: image_4.jpg (126 KB, 514x796) Image search: [Google]
image_4.jpg
126 KB, 514x796
>All these complaints about the story sucking

I would say just the final act sucked. The previous acts had strong rising and falling actions. Bloody Baron, Novigrad conflicts, and it all boiled down to a pretty neat Snow White And the Seven Dwarves thing which I thought was a very Witcher-esque thing to do.

But something you don't see in many other games, and I think it gets overlooked because of how they urge you to find Ciri is the side quests weaving in and out of the world. It all just really flows nicely. Trotting into a village, accepting a contract and focusing on killing that monster. Now granted, I played without a map and tried to avoid using the "detective mode" hand holding as much as possible. I actually found a lot of those side quests unique and rewarding. I felt like I was actually helping. I don't know it immersed me. The world grabbed me and pulled me in and I cared about the characters a lot.

TL;DR I'd say Witcher 3 is more about the writing quality and world immersion than anything else. The story is pretty barebones because the side quests are kinda meant to flesh everything out while you eventually would hit main story points. This is very similar to Fallout 1 and 2 where your main story objective was just "Find the water chip" or "find vault 13". It's all about the side stuff you run into on your way.
>>
>>336211956
Now that you reminded me, the whole blow up megaton or not is hands down the most retarded quest I've ever seen in an RPG. Like holy shit, it makes absolutely no sense.
>>
File: B7f2_OECEAAyijj.jpg (27 KB, 545x362) Image search: [Google]
B7f2_OECEAAyijj.jpg
27 KB, 545x362
>>336203371
>>
File: witcher3 2015-05-19 14-23-25-85.jpg (537 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
witcher3 2015-05-19 14-23-25-85.jpg
537 KB, 1920x1080
>>336212661
It feels like some really early proof of concept for their karma system that ended up unironically sticking to the main game.
>>
>>336212879
And then you proceed to give water bottles to a hobo and get very good karma.
>>
>detective mode complaints
Why anons?
At least it's explained AND is needed. I enjoyed it. Really atmospheric too.
>>
>>336212627
My theory into why they fleshed out the side quests is because the first book is just about Geralts jobs and contracts, in no order either just things he did in his life. CDPR really nailed down the tone and making you feel like you're geralt
>>
>>336208728
Those graphics look like fucking ass
Why is everything so lit up it looks terrible

That area was ugly as fuck
>>
File: 2016-03-08_00001.jpg (281 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-08_00001.jpg
281 KB, 1920x1080
I wish I understood the haters. I really do.
>>
>>336203371
9/10, it's ok
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (72 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
72 KB, 1280x720
One of the best vidiya characters to date.
>>
>>336213267
Me too. I mean the sheer amount of details and effort that went into the game is worthy of praise in its own.
>>
>>336203371
>upset
i'm still upset vesemir died
>>
>>336205742
>everyone likes thing but me

>clearly they're all wrong
>>
>>336213267

Game bored me and the gameplay was too thin and shallow for my tastes.
>>
File: 101405003.jpg (320 KB, 1019x1117) Image search: [Google]
101405003.jpg
320 KB, 1019x1117
>>336213715

Damn straight bro, you tell them
>>
I've played through an entirely new game twice, new game+ twice.

First without Hearts and Stone, then with.
Doing the same with Blood & Wine, although chances are I'll do that with the finished New Game+ save.
>>
>>336213851
Neckbeards fapping to rape mods doesn't count, anon.
>>
>>336213851
what about fallout4 todd
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (24 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
24 KB, 480x360
>>336213851
What happened is Skyrim's more popular than TW3.
>>
>>336204210
It's just really solid storytelling with a ton of effort put into nearly every character.

Blows most rpgs away in that department.
>>
File: lmfao.jpg (388 KB, 1065x1366) Image search: [Google]
lmfao.jpg
388 KB, 1065x1366
>>336213986

Damn straight bro, you tell them
>>
>>336213851
Yeah I'm sure if a bunch of normies started playing Witcher 3 with nude and horsepussy mods, we'd be happy with Witcher being top 10 sold game
>>
>>336214031

>It's just really solid storytelling with a ton of effort put into nearly every character.

It barely put effort into its main characters

>Emyhr gets 10 lines of dialogue
>Triss/Yennefer needed a literal patch to flesh out her dialogue/character
>Witcherfags deflect to "READ THE BOOKS" whenever people question the thin motives surrounding Emyhr/Wild Hunt as well as the barebones Ciri/Yennefer backstory
>>
>>336214064
>/vg/
>ever
>>
>>336214064
>Bethesdafags trying to move onto other games

Your point?
>>
File: confused anime doggo 146.png (173 KB, 960x500) Image search: [Google]
confused anime doggo 146.png
173 KB, 960x500
>>336214097
>horsepussy mods
this is a joke right
>>
>>336214187
>expect fully understanding of everything in the game without having read the books
>>
It's alright, the only non-shitfest triple-a game of 2015 to be close to being worthy of a GOTY

2015 was a fucking terrible year for big titles
>>
File: better w3.jpg (53 KB, 213x361) Image search: [Google]
better w3.jpg
53 KB, 213x361
itt: I didn't understand the story because I haven't read the books or even a summary of them, also all my complains are easily fixed by a handful of tiny mods but that's too much work, brb installing 600 horse anus mods for my ultimate skyrim experience

Pic related, install those and suddenly Witcher 3 is exactly as good as the fans say.
>>
Can I run it with a HD 6850?
>>
>>336203371
Quit directly after finishing it the first time, so I've been waiting for Hearts of Stone and now Blood & Wine. Excited to get back into it. This game is comfy to the max.
>>
>>336203371
Best gaming experience of the last 10 years
>>
Great game, not really much longevity given the lack of proper mod tools (I want the actual RED Kit, not CDPR's sorry excuse of a Modkit).
>>
>>336203573
It was a fun wild ride with some serious feels.
>>
>reach level 39 when you've already completed the main story quest and hearts of stone
>got no desire to do side quests because they're all low level
>no use for your based viper gear just as you got it
>>
>>336217943
They're probably too complex for the average modder
>>
the main story was shit, side hunts were repetitive and skellige was unfinished feeling

weakest of the trilogy. Hope Cyberpunk is nothing like it
>>
I just beat the Baron questline and am heading into Novigrad.
I'm playing on Death March and when I upgraded into Griffin gear at level 11 it was fucking staggering, is all the Witcher gear just that good?
>>
when is blood and wine coming out? did they announce the GOTY edition yet?

I want to buy it but I don't want to get scammed
>>
>>336219696
the witcher gear is the only stuff worth having

>>336218238
the level structure is a major gripe I have with it. You cant use player skill to beat stronger enemies a lot of the time, and when you are two or three levels beyond the enemy it becomes a pisswalk.
>>
>>336219696
I've never used anything other than Cat gear since getting it

Witcher gear is pretty much far and away better than everything else with few exceptions
>>
>>336203371
amazing game, dlc was how dlc is supposed to be made, but ive got one gripe

the best armor in the game is literally a darker version with some gold/greenish of the very first armor you get
>>
>>336203371
today I found that you can refuse to help both heirs at skelige

has a unique ending, and it is badass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zjo57X2WgSQ
>>
>>336219696

Yes, and DM becomes significantly easier in general after level 10 or so. No more endless kiting.
>>
>>336221067
new game plus on death march is fun
dmg scale is not on par with hp scale
it is far more deadly on both sides
kill or be killed in 3 swings
>>
>>336220904
Damn, Svanrige wasn't a little bitch after all.
>>
File: witcher3 2015-11-08 13-36-42-09.jpg (182 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
witcher3 2015-11-08 13-36-42-09.jpg
182 KB, 1920x1080
>>336203371
It could've been better when it comes to the combat and the story, and they seriously shat the bed with some mechanics like leveling or collecting loot.

But overall it's pretty cool, Hearts of Stone were better than the original game and I'm hoping for the same when it comes to Blood and Wine.
>>
>>336203371
I played the entire thing at like 10 fps on my laptop with a GT 720M when it came out, still one of the greatest RPGs ever made imo, and definitely up there across every game genre
Thread replies: 211
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.