[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TURNING AND SPINNING AND SPINNING AND TURNING OOOOH THIS IS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 201191711435_1.jpg (331 KB, 1280x1805) Image search: [Google]
201191711435_1.jpg
331 KB, 1280x1805
TURNING AND SPINNING AND SPINNING AND TURNING OOOOH

THIS IS PARADISE AND IT'S VERY NICE
>>
>tfw I had to pirate this game because steam stopped selling it back in 2010
>>
I have Outrun 2. I heard its superior to 2006. is this true?
>>
>>336185047
Dude, there isn't a word that can describe how false that is. 2006 is 2 except with content up the ass.
>>
>>336185207
thanks for clearing that up
>>
>>336185207
Except 2006 has worse graphics than 2 since 2006 was a multiplat. Also has the slipstream mechanic that breaks races.
>>
>>336184475
Outrun has to be my favourite racing game of all time bar none.

Comfy setting, great music, great controls.

Options on taking easy or hard paths, multiplayer

Sexy babes and ferrari cars. This is the game that ate up my quarters at the arcade.

I love Outrun man.
>>
WHEN I SEE YOU
AND YOU'RE CRUISING IN YOUR CAR
>>
i wish we could have a new outrun game, or at least for it to be remastered or something.

i played it so much as a kid, its one of the few car based games i actually enjoyed playing.
>>
>>336184475
fuck me OP, my wheel is broken and I cannot play this game, but now I want to play the crap out of it
>>
>>336187398
>not playing racing games with your keyboard
>>
>>336184938
Thank Ferrari and their limited time license.
Alternatively, thank piracy.
>>
>>336187469
Not him, I usually do but keyboard is horrid in this one.

>want to change lane
>go off the road to one side
>try to correct
>go off the road on the other

It's like nobody bothered to test it.
>>
>>336188206
I never had any issues playing 2006 with my keyboard. Then again, I never played it with a steering wheel so I don't know how much worse it actually is.
>>
>>336184475
>OutRun 2006 sequel never ever
Imagine how it'd look with modern graphics, god damn.
>>
>>336188423
You know how you upstroke the keys to make small corrections in driving games? The whole game is like that to me. Even the smallest button press results in a crash, whether into another car or the side of the road, regardless of sensitivity. The only time the sensitivity feels adequate is during drifts. If anything it feels too low there because it's often impossible to avoid hitting the outside of the turn, even if you start correcting days in advance.

Shame.
>>
>>336187469

Kill yourself
>>
So which is the superior version: The PS2 or the Xbox?
>>
>In 2004, OutRun 2 was ported to the Xbox. The task of coding shared by Sega AM2 and UK-based developers Sumo Digital. They succeeded in doing so, with a European release on October 1, 2004 followed by the U.S. release on October 25, 2004.

The port preserves the look and feel of the arcade original, but with the additions of 480p anamorphic widescreen support and tweaks to make it more suitable for home play. The arcade game was imported to provide a game type for the port, named simply "OutRun Arcade". This joins two other game types: OutRun Challenge, which includes 101 'missions' distributed over the 15 stages; and OutRun Xbox Live. The Tracks from Scud Race and Daytona USA 2 can be unlocked as a bonus.
>>
>>336190492

Xbox because gas on a trigger
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.