[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>He didn't beat him on his first try Me neither I need help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8
File: maxresdefault (7).jpg (224 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (7).jpg
224 KB, 1920x1080
>He didn't beat him on his first try
Me neither I need help
>>
>>336176851
Don't summon. You can do it. Learn the timings. Try your best to get the stagger.

Coolest boss in the game.
>>
>>336176851
Is his head small or is it just the big rag around his neck?
>>
>>336177192
Don't fall for this poster. You can't do it alone. There's no way the boss was designed to be beaten by a single player. Just give up and summon a phantom.
>>
>>336177345
are you high. man up bitch
>>
my recommendations for the fight after trying it about 15-20 times:

stay under the dragons head, hit his chin from behind
his only really bad attack is when he flies up and shoots fire down, if you see him flying then just run
only pop the ember phase 2
carthus rouge is amazing against him
about 6 consecutive strikes and he will fall to his knees and you can use a visceral attack
dont get greedy

its possible alone no probs
>>
>I acutally find killing the dragon harder than the king
>>
He's not as bad as everyone said he would be. I had way more trouble with Pontiff Sullivan and the Lord of Cinder. Last one is understandable I guess, the final boss should be the hardest.
>>
>>336177312
Oversized chest piece and helmet, but you'd have known that if you had beaten him and gotten his armor scrub.
>>
>>336176851
Well, you can use the coward method I used.
First phase should be easy if you're careful, so no problem here.

For the second phase, just get the fuck out from him and use your bow. He has two attacks with which he can touch you, but they are easily dodgeable. He will start sending you some lightning shots, but they are also easily avoidable. The fight will be long, but you won't take any damage, just run and shoot, the area is large enough.
>>
>>336178204
Don't you have something to clean off your stomach and leg, Phil?
>>
So is the Nameless King Gwyn's firstborn or not?
>>
>>336176851
Roll roll attack
>>
>>336179845
Yes
>>
File: 1436297014025.jpg (99 KB, 908x714) Image search: [Google]
1436297014025.jpg
99 KB, 908x714
> Find Nameless King easy
> Dancer is next to impossible
>>
>>336177845
Are you me?
>>
>Killed the dragon
>Thought I did it
>Got raped again

The Dragon on his own is harder than most of the other bosses.
>>
I did all of Dark Souls 1 solo. After that the struggle was enough so I just summon in NG now.

If I bother with NG+ I'll do it solo though.
>>
>>336177652
>only pop the ember phase 2
but why
>>
i find hes actually harder with summons cause they increase his already huge amount of health
>>
>>336180753
>spinspinspinspinspinspinspinsoin
>get 2 attacks in
>spinspinspinspinspinspin
STOP
>>
>>336176851
>He didn't beat him on his first try
I did, but I fight exclusively with sorceries. Layer I learned that this is supposed to be one of the hardest bosses in the game, so I've been carrying people through this boss. I must have like 40 medals or something now.
>>
>>336182046
literally fuck her against the pillars
>>
Nameless King was maybe 3rd hardest for me. Pontiff Sulyvahn killed me a couple dozen times, but hardest was Champ Gundyr. My preferred playstyle for these games is a fat rolling giant weapon user and having hard hitting enemies that never stop attacking, plus the lack of poise made them super difficult. Most of the time I was relying on hyper-armor frames to trade and hoping that I only got hit once.
>>
>>336182443
magic users are the worst

nearly all the difficulty of this game comes from being forced into close range combat
>>
File: 1455744627862.png (481 KB, 834x600) Image search: [Google]
1455744627862.png
481 KB, 834x600
>>336177345
I bet your the same kind of person that thinks the host having 3 phantoms to help him means the boss fight is going to be 4x as easy. Some bosses are only a pain in the ass BECAUSE you have 2 summons with you and the damage+HP buff bosses get from those extra phantoms makes you get one shot on a hard attack.
>>
>>336182702
none of that matters because the AI can't handle multiple targets very well.
>>
>>336176851
I've gotten up to Nameless King with 10 VIG with only minor headaches in some parts of the game, but this is the breaking point. This dude is ridiculous, he has SOOOOOO MUUUUUUUCH HP, I hate it. At least with other bosses, my extreme damage made up for my low health, but this dude's MASSIVE HP makes it almost worthless.
>>
>>336182539
I play the same. The only bosses I had a lot of trouble with were the Abyss Watchers, Aldrich, and the Nameless King. I beat the others solo in just a few attempts. I have not beaten king yet though.
>>
File: 1429573917586.jpg (68 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1429573917586.jpg
68 KB, 700x700
>>336176851
>spend like a half dozen tries getting roasted by fire
>turns out you weren't suppose to go under him and whack him on the legs
>never does the instant fly up fire breathing if you just stay in front of him

WHO CAME UP WITH THIS SHIT, DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY RESINS I WASTED?
>>
>>336182654
Yeah, but in exchange some things that are trivial for close range combat are hard if you're only focusing on ranged combat. Some simple fights like Oceiros or Abyss Watchers are much harder if you have to rely on slow spells.
>>
>>336176851
summon first time and then ng fight him
or watch videos before

i dunno why but he made me feel like a kid looking through a guide i got from a magazine again
>>
>>336182828
A lot of LPers are using a gank squad to beat the bosses. It's laughable.
>>
>>336177345
I havent beat him yet, but first time I fought him I got him to half health. Its mostly just knowing when to back roll and when to side forward roll.
>>
>>336182654
>No you can't play the game that way, you should play it THIS way
Maybe Fromsoft shouldn't advertise Dark Souls as "The Hard Game" if magic makes it so trivial.
>>
>>336183005
>He didn't play Das2
>>
It took me about around 70+ tries, but I took him out solo.

Wish I could say the same for Armour and Princes, after 50+ tries I gave up and summoned. I truly do regret it, would have been great to finally beat them solo.

But holy fuck I was sick of dying to their second phases
>>
>>336183165
Co-op is fun though. You should always beat the bosses solo first time, but I definitely summon and put my sign down after that. Nothing like a bunch of different dudes who don't know each other teaming up taking down bosses and spamming emotes and wood carvings.
>>
Hey does anybody know the name of that sword that can hit you a meter away from the visible tip? I see people using it a lot in PvP.
>>
>>336177345
>Don't fall for this poster. You can't do it alone.
I literally got him at my first try without knowing anything about the boss, other than according to an Anon it was "hard and unfair" because "you have to fight the dragon and the nameless king at the same time", so I assumed it was a 2v1 fight, which it was not.
>>
>>336183054
also he shouldnt be an optional boss
would fit the lore really well if he was guarding the soul of cinder
>>
>>336183385
Probably the Estoc, it can fuck you up bad with that phantom range
It's easy to parry though, you'll need to practice of course due to lag, but eventually you can punish them pretty easily.
>>
How do I stop using the Estoc?
It's just so good and looks pretty.

I played past the dancer using 2h greatswords only thinking it must be hell chipping away at healthbars with smaller weapons and reset because of some fucked up questlines.

I can't believe how fucking powerful one handed swords are in comparison.
>>
>>336183295
i dont understand how people even die to those two I beat them my first try with like half my regular estuses because I tought it was just going to be a trial run
>>
File: 61R+mE74BML._SL1200_.jpg (60 KB, 1200x846) Image search: [Google]
61R+mE74BML._SL1200_.jpg
60 KB, 1200x846
>Use shields from the Crest family in accordance
>Top it off with Great Magic Shield
>Straight Sword

Somehow I lie to myself that I'm good at the game cuz I didn't summon. But this build I'm running might actually make the game easier than summoning, since at least summoning increases Boss' HP.
>>
File: 1400447039729.jpg (77 KB, 269x265) Image search: [Google]
1400447039729.jpg
77 KB, 269x265
Nameless King is one of the few bosses I beat using an even combo of melee and sorc spells.

All the other bosses aside from Old Demon King I used melee 90% of the time even as a Sorc build.
>>
>>336183571
I was doing 300-700 to the final boss with my maxed out heavy Zeiw.
>>
>>336176851
I had to summon a buddy after 10 tries.

Im so sorry
>>
>>336176851
>weak to fire
Just cook his ass OP, or use an Estoc and fuck him to death.

Phase 1 is not weak to fire btw, but is so easy you shouldn't have trouble with it.
>>
Hardest boss of the game (Storm King phase is a joke though) for me using a Cathedral Greatsword and Artorias' shield. Had to swap for the Dragonslayer shield but I still got rocked for a bit. I still took a fair bit of chip damage from him and the only time I would attack is when I knew it was completely safe like when he'd jump in or thrust. The shield ended up making the fight a bit more tense since I was focusing a hella lot more on my stamina then I usually do, not to mention the chip damage slowly eating away at my hp reminding me that not even the shield could save me.
>>
wew I sure do love getting triple teamed by some phantom babby and his buttbuddies
>>
File: brah.jpg (39 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
brah.jpg
39 KB, 1280x720
i beat him on my first try solo. it was pure luck though because now i cant beat him at fucking all in ng+
>>
>>336183626
I had alot of trouble reading his swings on the second phase, maybe because I was afraid of being soul arrowed

I'd have to imagine your weapon has alot to do with it too. I stuck with the Sellsword twin blades all the way through, so I would try to combo for about 1500 everytime I got an opening. Which also led to alot of greedy deaths

The souls games all come down to play style in the end, saying one boss is harder than the other is dumb when everybody has trouble in different places. Gotta swing that epenis around though I suppose
>>
If you ever need sunlight medals or whatever the fuck, do nameless king. I always get summoned seconds after putting my sign down and the fights go much better than expected. I think I've only had one instance of the host dying.
>>
File: 216010885_4530e1a790_o.jpg (2 MB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
216010885_4530e1a790_o.jpg
2 MB, 1944x2592
>put sign down for nameless king
>get summoned
>host enters boss
>return home and force him to fight alone
I cry everytime
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.