[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I degenerate for using this shield?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (41 KB, 214x283) Image search: [Google]
image.png
41 KB, 214x283
I discovered how good it was with Champion Gundyr, and then I beat the Nameless King and Soul of Cinder with it. Is it OP, or did it just happen to fit my playstyle really well?
>>
>Using shields
>>
it's a really good shield but i personally enjoy dodging shit. but thats just me
>>
>>336169140
Greatshields need to be toned down a bit. My friend has a build with one that can't be guard broken.
>>
>>336169625
I don't just sit behind it, if that's what you mean. It's not so good that bosses don't punch through it in a couple hits. But its damage absorption is off the charts
>>
Why would you care if you found out by yourself something is OP?
>>
>>336170062
Because I beat the game and I'm wondering if using the shield would be considered cheesing. If it just fit my playstyle, then that's great, but if it's OP then that sucks.
>>
>>336169625
I enjoyed the quick dodging play style in DS1 and DS2 but now there are a bunch of enemies that act like they're out of bloodborn with their move spamming that can lead to a kill if just one hit connects. It's just not fun to take a 50/50 on every dodge.
>>
>>336169140
No, you are only a degenerate if you try to turn a Souls game into boyscouts MLG PvP trash.
Bigger jokes than competitive Pokemon
>>
>>336170319
Shields in general are kinda cheesy but who gives a shit. DS3's overglaring issue of difficulty is how easy it is to get a large amount of powerful estus, not whether or not the game is properly balanced around shields.

At the very least, you're not parrying, so don't worry about it.
>>
>100 years ago
>hey my brother check this WICKED COOL strategy I've found to beat this boss/videogame, cool huh??
>wooooow neato magneto, I did it some other way but this is cool too haha!!

>now
>i-is it okay if I u-use a shield, s-senpaitachi-sama?
>LOL NO U HAV TO GIT GUD AND BE NAKED AND BEAT THE BOSS SL1 WITH UNUPGRADED BROKEN STRAIGHT SWORD NO ESTUS, UR NOT A SCRUB ARE YOU??????

What the hell happened?
>>
>>336169140
It's great, it absolutely negates the nameless king, problem is that it weighs so fucking much
>>
>>336175052
You memed too hard and fuckef the space time continuum
>>
Well yes its easier to block some attacks than to roll all of them especially cause things shoot out fast in 3.

Just play another character and see how you do if you are so worried about it.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.