[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shadow of the Colossus any good? Intentionally skipped it when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
Shadow of the Colossus any good? Intentionally skipped it when it came out because I thought it was boring but now as I've matured I'm thinking of giving it a try. What's /v/'s thoughts on it
>>
It's a nice platformer.
>>
>>336167023
It is a genuinely good game and beating the colossi gives an excellent feeling of triumph due to the god-tier soundtrack.

Do not expect a thrilling story or deep world to explore, it's basically nothing but puzzle boss fights.
>>
it's v good and not boring at all. Ico and Journey could be called boring, but SotC was just boss fight after boss fight

At the end of the day, it's a puzzle game (which some might call boring), but you don't even realize it when you're climbing monsters and stabbing them in the head and shit
>>
if you had really matured you would have played the game you want to play instead of seeking advice at a Vietnamese photo forum.
>>
It's short but very replayable. The colossi are so well designed that if you're good at the game they can be beaten in a minute, but when you first fight them they can take at most hours.
>>
It's fun but it's hard as shit in the extra content due to the boss rushes and timed trials.
>>
Here's everything wrong with it:

>Controls are shit (seriously, triangle to jump? The off-grip leap direction controls are totally unintuitive in the remaster too, since the remaster doesn't have forced camera angles but the controls behave like it does sometimes... Horse controls are fiddly, as is sword beam aiming, etc)

>Some of the bosses get patently unfair (the game teaches you to attack glowing points on colossi, and then in the latter half of the game gives colossi weak points unindicated in this way with no warning)

>The game is 16 great boss fights and a shitload of worthless filler. There's NOTHING in the overworld, not even wild bears or shit to threaten you. Most you get is a few lizards to hunt, their tails extend your grip meter slightly

>Map/nav system makes it easy to get lost, it suffers from the GTA effect (an arrow pointing directly at your objective, even if the only path there is like 10 minutes out of your way around some cliff or some shit) which wouldn't be so bad if not for the aforementioned fact that there's nothing to the overworld except slog on your way to the next boss, which is all of the gameplay

>the game suffers from PS2-era AI, with the triggers necessary for certain boss attack patterns mandatory for scaling/takedown being unclear and somewhat invisble-trigger-volume-hunt-y

It's still a total fucking masterpiece and a game everyone should play. Warts and all, you will get so engrossed you look out the window and realize the sun is up and you've been playing all fucking night.
>>
>>336168273
Yeah, just go play it. Great game

>>336168017
The soundtrack is amazing, the build as the boss fight progresses. It was a bit awkward when I was playing.
>music is building as I'm climbing up
>shit's getting dramatic
>fall off, music immediately backs up a step in the build
>makes sense, but was awkward when I was failing it up and kept falling
>>
>>336168439
You CAN rebind the controls.
>>
>>336168648
...I don't recall being able to do so on the remaster. If so, my bad.
>>
>>336168754
Played the remastered version.
Was the first thing I looked for when I found out fucking triangle was jump.
>>
it's literally a meme game

this thread will be full of people telling you that zero content aside from 10 easy boss fights and a completely empty world are positives
>>
>>336167023
its an absolute masterpiece, you should play ico as well
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.