[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Explain to me why people even like this series. It's nothing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: Shenmue-Graphics.jpg (176 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Shenmue-Graphics.jpg
176 KB, 1024x768
Explain to me why people even like this series.
It's nothing but quick time events and boring tasks.
>>
God tier NPC schedules and being able to rotate small collectable plastic figurines
>>
>>336165978
It was revolutionary for the time.
I still don't get why where are so many people who think the Shenmue games are the best games on the Dreamcast.
>>
Essentially a tech demo and the prototype to the genre known as "David cage " games

Aka walking Sims, autism simulator
>>
>>336166378
Because they are and Shenmue 1 can only still be played on DC, making it the most sought after exclusive. 2 at least can be played on Xbox.
>>
there's a ton of shit to do and the npcs are funny
>>
>>336166378
>>336166830

well what are the best games on the dreamcast faggot? I bet you can't even come up with a list of 20. Further, i bet you couldn't come up with 10 exclusives that have not been ported since.

no wonder it died.
>>
>>336166830
>because they are
(You)
>>
It's comfy. You can walk around town, go in shops, talk to people, fight.
>>
File: dc recommendation.jpg (932 KB, 1530x1530) Image search: [Google]
dc recommendation.jpg
932 KB, 1530x1530
>>336167098
>>
>>336167465
thanks man baiting is the only way i can add to my rom collection
>>
>>336167156
>he doesn't think they're the games worth having a DC for

Top pleb.
>>
>>336165978
Was a huge leap forward in facial animations and graphics at the time.

Had a very deeply detailed world for the time.

Some people find the boring tasks relaxing and immersive.

The fighting is actually pretty good when it does happen.
>>
Still the only game to get open-world right.
>>
>>336167465
Rez was on the Dreamcast?
>>
>>336167465
>grandia II
>>
File: 1436420958547.jpg (18 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1436420958547.jpg
18 KB, 320x240
>>336167576
>"Man I'm so sick of all this cinematic shit in modern vidya, replacing gameplay with QTEs and cutscenes."
>Older games didn't have this shit, I'm gonna go play Shenmue
Fuck you and fuck everyone like you, Shenmue is the exact opposite if what made the Dreamcast great.
The DC was filled with fast arcadey games that control great and are are timeless. Shenmue is teduous, filled to the brim with cutscenes that take control away form you, and it aged like shit.
>>
>>336167868
Yeah. Europe actually got the Dreamcast version. Otherwise it was only released in Japan.
>>
>>336168402
>aged

Underage detected.
>>
Because ANATA NO COMBINI TOMATO
>>
kind of hard to explain but it has this small town comfy feel to it. i have only ever played it once though when it first came out so i dont know how well it aged
>>
I think of Shenmue as being one of those open world, "YOU CAN DO ANYTHING!" things but with a small enough scope that you actually can do anything.

I mean not literally of course but I can't think of any other games where I'd get my daily allowance, buy some soda, play an arcade game, feed a pet cat, buy some capsule toys, work a job at the docks, get excited that I got a winning lottery ticket, etc.

I think just saying it's "comfy" really simplifies it but it's not an inaccurate description either.

>>336169181

I played it for the first time last year and aside from some weird camera controls (which I guess are a cause of the controller, not sure why it took so long for two sticks to become the default) it still holds up for sure.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.