[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have no idea why the fuck /v/ is so excited about this.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: shitty FPS.jpg (51 KB, 600x326) Image search: [Google]
shitty FPS.jpg
51 KB, 600x326
Its slower than Halo, looking like Doomguy has to drag himself across the map
The level design is nothing special, has less enemies than Doom 1 and 2
Getting health by kills is just as bad and lazy as health regeneration
Glory kills are fucking retarded, and ruins the point of the chainsaw
Quest shit is pandering to a demographic that won't even fucking like the game
The weapons look plain and boring, and feel like shit
The multiplayer is fucking awful, made by the same guys who did the worst CoD and Halo

And yet people here are excited for this shit? After a week of completley panning it, this is what saves the FPS genre? I want Bethesda employees to leave.
>>
>>336163119
>Its slower than Halo
If you're going to bait, at least wait and do it a little after halfway into your post so people don't disregard the two minutes you spent typing up your OP right off the bat.

>shill! shill!
Of course.
>>
>>336165180
/thread
>>
>>336163119
>Glory kills are fucking retarded, and ruins the point of the chainsaw
That's because you faggots wouldn't stop jizzing over brutal doom.
>The weapons look plain and boring, and feel like shit
Agreed. Sad because W:TNO had some really good weapon sounds/animations
>>
>>336165180
But it is fucking slower than Halo, maybe the same speed at most.

I saw the footage. I don't know how to convince blind people its slow, but its defiantly not fucking fast
>>
>>336163119
What? 9/10 references I see on here are negative.
>>
>/v/ is excited for this
What the fuck are you talking about? /v/ has done nothing but shit on it
>>
>>336163119
>Its slower than Halo
I agree with everything you said except this. Watch gameplay footage of Halo 5. Movement is much slower in that game.
>>
>>336165580
I played Halo 5. I played the Doom alpha. Doom is faster.
>>
>/v/ is one person

and everyone on here has been bashing it you retard
>>
>>336163119
Because i need something to play that feels different than other FPS.

>Its slower than Halo, looking like Doomguy has to drag himself across the map
If anything, it kinda is on part with Halo speed and it can get above that speed.

>The level design is nothing special, has less enemies than Doom 1 and 2

DOOM 2 sucked in the level design, it cant get lower than that

>Getting health by kills is just as bad and lazy as health regeneration

I heard that higher difficulty almost removes this, also it encourages players to go and kill shit, like bloodborne where you exchange blow by blow

>Glory kills are fucking retarded, and ruins the point of the chainsaw
100% agree with that, going to remove the highlighting of glory kills and never use them.

>Quest shit is pandering to a demographic that won't even fucking like the game

Going to remove that as well

>The weapons look plain and boring, and feel like shit

Agree, they dont pack that extra punch they need

>The multiplayer is fucking awful, made by the same guys who did the worst CoD and Halo
Dont you be talking shit about my Halo 2 faggot, it had great MP
>>
>>336163119
>"how to spot the child" thread
>>
>>336166551
Okay, after looking at footage, i'd say nuDoom is about as fast as Halo.
Which isn't good.

>>336168689
>and it can get above that speed.
No footage of this

>it cant get lower than that
But it did.
There are less enemies and rooms cluttered in shit. Also, the enemies look weaker than before

>also it encourages players to go and kill shit
What the fuck else do you do in Doom other than kill things?
And you know turning it off is going to fuck the game up.

>going to remove the highlighting of glory kills and never use them
And considering their is no footage of this off, this could fuck with the game as well

>Dont you be talking shit about my Halo 2 faggot, it had great MP
Did you not read the word "worst" in that sentence
>>
>>336169291
>No footage of this

I played Halo 3,4 and 5 in the last 5 months, i played the DOOM beta a month ago, i can tell you that it feels faster and other anons have stated the same, if you didnt play Halo or DOOM beta you cant prove that its slower either.

>Okay, after looking at footage, i'd say nuDoom is about as fast as Halo. Which isn't good.
But is still faster than other FPS

>There are less enemies and rooms cluttered in shit. Also, the enemies look weaker than before

Nigger the gameplay videos shows the room filled with fucking enemies you have to kill in order to progress and i fucking hate that, it reminds me of Painkiller.

Also are you seriously fucking telling me that the new IMP looks weaker than the brown one in DOOM 1 or 2?

>What the fuck else do you do in Doom other than kill things? And you know turning it off is going to fuck the game up.

The thing about this is the mentality of "i will sit here to regen health", you cant do that shit, so if you have 1 HP you will feel the need to risk it and go out of your way to kill something and get some health, Ultra-Violence only makes them drop less than other difficulties, Nightmare is a whole other thing i think.

>And considering their is no footage of this off, this could fuck with the game as well
It just never makes the enemies glow when you can do a glory kill, you can still do it, but it wont glow, considering you can chose if you want to punch the motherfucker or just use a gun to kill it, you will get the same result.

>The multiplayer is fucking awful, made by the same guys who did the worst CoD and Halo

Like i said, Halo 2 MP was good, i still hate the loadouts and lack of pickups in DOOM MP, i wont be playing that shit
>>
>>336170163
>i can tell you that it feels faster and other anons have stated the same
In what fucking universe would people say that a game that was noroiously rated badly for being slow as fuck, is faster than Doom? Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE fucking hated the multiplayer and you cannot deny that shit.

I put both Halo 5 and Doom MP in comparison, and yes, they're both the same speed. One is not faster than the other.

>But is still faster than other FPS
In what comparison? CoD? Battlefront?
Being slightly above repugnant trash doesn't mean its good

>Nigger the gameplay videos shows the room filled with fucking enemies
>filled with enemies
>filled
l o l

>Also are you seriously fucking telling me that the new IMP looks weaker than the brown one in DOOM 1 or 2?
All of the enemies look easy as fuck, and the fact you can just press a button to insta kill them doesn't help it either.

>so if you have 1 HP you will feel the need to risk it and go out of your way to kill something and get some health
But there is none.
You can kill a bunch of basic level enemies and get tons of health.
In Doom 1 you had to conserve and look for health packs.

You know the developers are going to minimize the shit out of normal packs and focus on this shit, right?

>considering you can chose if you want to punch the motherfucker or just use a gun to kill it, you will get the same result.
It looks like most of the enemies are going to require you to use this, so I doubt its not going to affect the game.
>>
>>336163119
While the game is by no means oldschool, I'm impressed with the amount of respect to the source material they're showing with this game (outside of the multiplayer). I mean we could have had another corridor shooter loaded with cutscenes and set pieces with a weapon limit, no level creation tools and cover based shooting with regen health. Seems pretty good by modern shooter standards.
>>
>>336163119
Multiplayer will be shit

Single player will be alright from what I've seen. Open maps and secret areas. Could do without the rpg aspects, though.
>>
>>336173369
As a game I don't think it'll be that bad on its own merits. However, this is fucking doom. There are high standards here that demand to be met, and I doubt this game is going to meet them.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.