[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>19 bosses >14 of them are just giant humans Isn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 23
File: DARKSOUL.jpg (220 KB, 1200x650) Image search: [Google]
DARKSOUL.jpg
220 KB, 1200x650
>19 bosses
>14 of them are just giant humans
Isn't it for what /v/ hated DaS2 ? Why it's okay when Miyazaki did this?
>>
Dark Souls 2 was just circle the enemy to win.
>>
>>336152898
Dark Souls 2 they were just generic armored people (hell they re-used the dragon rider like 4 times)

I have seen pics of the DaS3 bosses and they look a lot more varied
>>
DARK SOULS 2 WASN'T FULL JAP THERE WERE A FEW WHITES INVOLVED THEY HAVE TO STAY PURE BECAUSE I'M SO GAAAAYYYY
>>
It's okay to have humanoid bosses as long as their moveset/design/setting is different for each one. Every boss felt different.

>I'm trying to justify my purchase
>>
>>336152898
Pontiff, Dragon rider, SoC
giant lord doesn't count because he's HUGE
who else was just a giant human
>>
P O I S E
O
I
S
E
>>
File: angryboo2.png (121 KB, 634x800) Image search: [Google]
angryboo2.png
121 KB, 634x800
Dark Souls 2 is better and more fun than Dark Souls 3.
Dark Souls 3 has the same problem as MGSV where the shiny shiny graphics make people think its better than it actually is.
2 is better in almost every respect.
>>
Nobody really gives a shit about nonhuman bosses. They're uninteresting, dont have any decent history or lore to them, and can hardly even qualify as characters in their own right. You're just cutting down beasts with zero significance, compare that to characters like Nameless King, the Dancer, Pontiff, the list goes on.
>>
>>336153926
>>336153926
>vordt= roll under him and smack his ass
>great wood= meme boss
>deacons= cool in concept, but extremely easy
>abyss watcher= no poise and can be back stabbed
>Wolnir= a 20 second fight
>sulyvhan=hug and circle and 3/4 of his attacks go over your head
>Aldritch=stay behind him and smack his boy pussy, hope he doesn't cast that fucking arrow attack
>Yhorm= copy and paste boss fight
>dancer=decent fight, she has that cool effect where everything goes in slow motion
>oceiros=just side step and hit his balls that dangle above your head
>gundyr= circle and roll
>dragonslayer=circle and roll
>Twin princes= circle and roll
>Soul of cinder= circle and roll
>Nameless king= first phase is you vs the camera, second phase is roll and circle, can be trivialized by using viscerals and attacking him during his long stand up animation
>ancient Wyvern= not even a boss fight
>crystal sages= whack-a-mole
>demon king=circle and roll, flash sweat cuts down on his damage quite a bit

The bosses in this game aren't that difficult either
>>
Can we finally admit Dark Souls III isn't good?

It's just as bad as II
>>
>>336155712
Vordt, Dancer, dragon slayer armor, lorian and Lothric, Abyss Watchers, Nameless King Phase 2, Gundyr and Champ Gundyr...i mean, a lot of bosses were humanoid armor dudes...but at least their movesets were different and slightly varied. Anyone that thinks that Abyss Watchers is a good or tough fight is a faggot though. The only cool thing about that was that they attacked each other...but imagine how could it would have been if there were a lot more, just this massive free for all. But no...3 max, 2 if you're too good and kill his bitch ass too fast. Also, kek at the Maria transformation, bravo From, bravo
>>
>>336156252
>Can we finally admit

this is used as a precursor to a bait statement
>>
>>336156397
It's kinda bait cause I know /v/ wants to like III but it's still true
>>
>>336156397
just because From took another 60$ from you doesn't mean you have to defend them on internet. You literally PAY to shill
>>
>>336156374
Oh come on Vordt doesn't count.

Abyss Watchers were fun, the first phase still had a neat gimmick, and it had great music.
>>
>>336156530
No, it's not true.
>>
>>336156252
I'd rank them equal with ds2 having a plot that makes more sense and ds3 being more polished.

Two also did not railroad you into a set path until drangleic castle. Three makes you choose between cathedral and watchers first, then Aldritch and Yhorm first. However, you can screw up character quests by not beating pontiff before going to Yhorm.
>>
>>336155916
>shiny shiny graphics
>Souls game
I don't think anybody has touted a Souls game purely on graphics. They don't look THAT good and nobody has ever said they did.
>>
>>336156249

For the most part I agree. It's why I like DeS bosses the most because they all had some sort of gimmick that made it interesting to play through. I think the fanbase's adoration of O&S lead to fights being tank and spank and/or armor dudes
>>
>>336156249
Quite elaborate, let's try the same for Dark Souls 2.

>all bosses and all enemies in general = circle
>>
DaS2's problem wasn't the dudes in armor. That was the disingenuous parrot-head's choice of criticism. No one - well, no one except for the nit-picking killjoys - would have given a damn about the dudes in armor if the combat wasn't bogged down by a restrictive deadzone and slow, floaty animations; if the level and world design was not inferior across the board.
>>
>>336156249
what about the smelter demon?
>>
>>336155916
No...just no. The story is pretty lame, the level design is lame, enemy designs are lame, boss designs are lame, music is lame, and the graphics are complete shit. Armor design is awesome and so is pvp a good chunk of the time. I'm not the biggest fan of DaS3 either, but at least it does most things competently, unlike it's predecessor. Bloodborne and DaS are the best. Fight me

>>336156712
Vordt was a human in armor though. Just becuase he transformed into a metaphorical beast doesn't mean he's not a human in armor. I'm on your side dude, but that doesn't mean I'll ignore the truth. Yeah, the music was good, but I feel like my other points still hold up. Not trying to be a douche here, but I have never died to these guys and I don't see how anyone could have and I'm the kind of pussy that hasn't beaten NK yet.
>>
>>336152898
>ds3
>all bosses have a varied moveset and feel different to fight
vs
>ds2
>every boss has the same moveset and feels the same to fight
>>
>>336156249
>meme boss

What in the FUCK are you talking about?
>>
>>336158005
>he was given away in one of the trailers
>just hit him in the balls dude ez XD

there you go, meme boss
>>
>>336158198
memes were a mistake.
>>
>>336156252
3 is the most solid Souls game.

2 is the most flawed Souls game.

1 is flawed but it has the most highlights of any Souls game.
>>
Why aren't there more Darkwraiths in this game?

They're so fucking badass.

I just made those two Darkwraiths in Farron Keep fight a jesus man on a cross and a black knight.

Why don't more enemies fight each other, it's so fun.
>>
File: 1461625029403.png (149 KB, 241x295) Image search: [Google]
1461625029403.png
149 KB, 241x295
>>336156252
Nigga 3 is the best in the series

If you think it's anywhere close to 2 then just fuck off with your shitty opinion. It's just wrong. Like I don't even know how you could even consider that idea, let alone post it on a Mongolian Flipbook Forum

Basically, you're a fucking moron
>>
>>336156530
> I know /v/ wants to like III

but they do.

>>336156668
no, shilling would be defending the mess known as DaS2.
>>
>>336157664
Vordt is a quadruped. Just because he's a mutated human doesn't mean he's just another boring Knight in Armor boss.

Dancer is also alien enough to not just be a Knight in Armor too.
>>
I like Dark Souls 1, 2 and 3. I think you're retarded if you think 1 and 3 are amazing and 2 is a steaming pile of shit. Sure it's the worst entry in the souls series, but it's not like the other 2 are in a class of their own by comparison. They all have their flaws. Dark Souls 1 was half finished, half the bosses in 3 were ridiculously easy, some being straight up gimmicks like the Wyvern.
>>
>>336156249
>demon king
more like hit and run rather than circle and roll
>>
jesus fucking christ you people just simply don't get it this at all. The criticism was that DS2 had poor, boring boss designs that repeated itself many times with what seemed like the same dude in armor with the same movesets.

this argument doesn't work with DS3 because bosses like Gundyr, Vordt and Dancer are completely different from each even if they all have four limbs and wear armor.
>>
>>336160229
No, /v/ gets it. This is called shitposting
>>
File: kot.jpg (118 KB, 283x323) Image search: [Google]
kot.jpg
118 KB, 283x323
When will you fucking idiots understand the problem was never about the bosses being humanoids.

The problem with 2's vanilla bosses was that all the humanoids felt pretty much the same and were easy and uninteresting. They fixed it in the DLCs with some of the best humanoid bosses in the series.

In 3, some movesets are similar but all the bosses have something that makes them unique, interesting, somewhat hard and FUN.
>>
>>336159508
not them, but 2 had more viable playstyles, which also gave it more replayability and better pvp and co-op. Ds3 fucking up the few good things ds2 did really hurt my experience with it. You have to fuck up pretty bad to make me wish I was playing ds2 instead and thats exactly how I felt a few times in ds3.
>>
>>336160101
Holy shit, you're defending nothing. I have no problems with the bosses in 3, they're one of the few things I really think went well, like I said we're on the same side. Someone asked what other Humans in Armor there were in the game and I replied. I don't know what you think you have to gain by saying Vordt and Dancer aren't humans in armor. I like that they're waaaay more different acting than humans in armor, but they're fucking humans in armor that have been corrupted by the eyes of pontiff. Stop replying with butt hurt intentions to defend something I'm not even attacking. I won't reply to another dumb ass poster who says Vordt isn't a human in armor, what the fuck??
>>
>>336152898
>tfw humanoid bosses are my preference because they're much more entertaining.

The large bosses end up being kind of easy just because you can be right up in their shit and they can't attack you.
>>
>>336159183
They're on the brink of extinction from countless people hunting them for Dark Swords.
>>
>>336152898
Because this time the giant humans actually had non humanoid proportions and did interesting techniques besides just circle strafe with a weapon around you.
>>
My main complaint with 3 is that it used the same world design philosophy from DeS/DaS2 (haven't played BB yet so I don't know how it works there). I'd rather have it how it was in 1 where you can't warp from the start and you unlock a ton of shortcuts that connect the areas to each other. It made it feel like you're exploring a real world and slowly learn how to quickly get around rather than just progressing through separate levels in a video game.

I think that all stemmed from forcing the player to level up at the hubworld like DeS/DaS2 so they had no choice but to let the player warp to and from every bonfire right off the bat. Kind of a shame.
>>
>>336152898
ITT: What's the difference between Artorias and Ruin Sentinels they're both humanoids lmao
>>
>>336161462
>I don't know what you think you have to gain by saying Vordt and Dancer aren't humans in armor.
Vordt? Seriously? THIS is how far you need to stretch the "dude in armor" meme?
>>
File: 1453557363844.jpg (23 KB, 269x269) Image search: [Google]
1453557363844.jpg
23 KB, 269x269
>>336163637
Yes, it's the same for me.
Not teleporting right from the start affects the world design as well, and that's something DaS 1 did better.
3 is still the better in the series, all these anons trying to validate 2 make me chuckle.
>>
>>336156252
3 is the best souls game.
That said I've still got issues with it.
Namely poise being nonexistent and invasions being pure garbage now.
>>
>>336160781
Everything is viable in PvE.
PvP-wise more weapons are viable than ever before. Granted, magic isn't, but 9/10 magic users sure as shit didn't earn the W.
>>
I played the games in order and this was my experience

>1
>hard, looks like shit, too much back tracking, looked up a guide just to know where to go
>stop after the spider bitch, didn't care anymore

>2
>enemy swarms everywhere, still looks like shit, didn't even get to the first boss before i stopped

>3
>near perfect difficulty progression
>story can actually be followed without trying too hard
>great level design
>close to no cheap areas, everything is doable
>actually beat the game with no help/guides
>killing pontiff sully felt fucking amazing after dying for an hour straight

3 >>> 1 >>>>>>>>>> 2
>>
>>336158852
2 with DLCs >>> 3

Hoping that changes after the DLCs drop
>>
>>336165837
>2 with dlcs
>where every single area had one of the worst sections in the series with an awful boss
>>
>>336165837
If From works their usual DLC magic, with two separate DLCs on the way I could honestly see DS3 surpassing BB as my favorite of From's five Souls-like games
>>
>>336158261
t. Moot
>>
>>336166059
Only the ganksquad is a shit boss.
Blue smelter was a copy paste good boss with slightly different combos, he was lazy from a design standpoint but not bad.
And the 2 cats are basically a high tier DS1 gargoyles fight the way the second one comes in when the first is at 50% HP. You can actually YOLO the first when the second one is getting in the arena and, if your build isn't garbage, you'll either kill it or get very close to killing it, minimizing your time with the battle as a 2v1.
It's actually easier to not summon and do that than to summon and have a 2v2 from the beginning with a good chance the host or a phantom getting destroyed.
>>
My only complaint with the game is that the covenants are still awful, especially with the Darkmoons.
They could've done some really cool stuff with the rivalry between Aldrich Faithful and Blades of the Darkmoon, like have Anor Londo be a big warzone of the two covenants trying to murder each other. Instead the Darkmoons are just a copy-paste of the Blue Sentinels.
They don't even work to defend people from Aldrich invaders, only people who invade through Red Eye Orb. Even then you can go for hours on end without being summoned once as a Darkmoon.
Mound Makers are cool dudes, but nobody's going to intentionally summon one unless they're either new to the game or interested in dueling.
>>
>>336165812
I had similar experience with the series.

DS1- stopped playing at Capra Demon. Just retarded and impossible.

DS2- stopped playing the second time the Pursuer appeared in my game

BB- beat the game and DLC, difficult and fun as hell

DS3- beat the game and am almost done a second playthrough. Fun, not overly difficult. Neat areas and design. Very impressed.

Id rank them
BB>/=DS3>DS1>DS2

Im actually excited for the DLC
>>
>>336152898
Because unlike in 2 in 3 they all have a twist of being far more aggresive than any boss in previous games except for shit like Flamelurker or False King Allant and they all have a somewhat gimmicky second phase that's never the same.
>>
File: just a minute.jpg (47 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
just a minute.jpg
47 KB, 500x667
>>336152898
>inb4 bloodborne is better in "X" aspect

too many threads about the same shill
>>
>>336152898
>Why it's okay when Miyazaki did this?

there's a difference in the fights being expertly designed and fun as fuck rather than being 360 magnet lock hp sponges without readable moves or presented in a way that you can't fairly fight them like rune sentinels
>>
>>336167735
>Capra Demon
>hard
end this meme
>>
>>336167818

Aggressive also means easier due to how telegraphed their attacks are and how easy they are to roll through. Almost every boss boils down to rolling through their attacks and poking them. Pontiff, Soul of Cinder, Abyss Watchers, Lorian, all the same shit. Circle strife and roll to win.

While I think DS2 is definitely a worse game, it did a lot of things much better than 3.
>>
>>336168293
DS2 bosses having untelegraphed, hard-to-avoid attacks is better? lol
>>
File: 2.png (136 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
2.png
136 KB, 300x300
>>336158852
How can it be solid if it has a stat that does nothing, poise, making a super majority of the items useless - namely every shield which is nothing more than parry on a stick.
>>
>>336168293
>Circle strife and roll to win.
so almost every boss in souls?
>>
>>336168293
This is partially true, but it gives boss fights a rewarding tempo that other fights in the game don't have. Most of the fights boil down to rhythmic pattern reading and rolling, and phase 2 is like a change in tempo. It's really rewarding in a way other Souls fights were not, and it's far better than 2's slower idea of boiling down to the same rolling and poking shit.
>>
>>336152898
Where do you go after you kill the twin princes?
>>
>>336157007
You can kill Dancer early.
>>
>>336168563
you either end the game at firelink or clean up any optional areas you missed, like king's garden or smouldering lake
>>
>>336168293

Also, I'm not saying boss fights are one of those things. DS2 and DS3 have bad bossfights for different reasons. Hell, DS1 had bad boss fights too but for different reasons than either 2 or 3.

Point is, all of the Dark Souls games have shitty elements in them. 2 has the most shitty elements and that makes it the worst. 3 is worse than 1 in a lot of aspects but is more polished and doesn't have such terrible sections like Demon Ruin/Bed of Chaos so they're about equal.

>>336168441

No, DS2 bosses are worse than DS3 bosses. But DS3 bosses are a chore and too similar to each other in tactics. Nameless King is the only really aggressive giant human with big weapon boss that I really thought was well done. Soul of Cinder too even though his hitboxes are off center causing him to miss a lot.
>>
>>336168202
It's a dice roll

you either succeed in rolling past the dogs and the rest is ez pz
or you get stuck between them and that's it
>>
Bosses that contain no cheap ass trial and error bullshit:

>Old Demon King
>The Gundyrs
>Vordt
>Dancer

All else are bullshit
>>
>>336168876
>DS2 and DS3 have bad bossfights for different reasons

they arent comparable, 3 has overall the best bosses in the series. really the high point of the entire series from a gameplay perspective

i wish they'd been harder though

bosses in 2 felt cheesy as all fuck, untelegraphed attacks are pure cancer, turning the game into a luck or cheese fest. every boss i beat in 3 i felt like i earned it.
>>
>>336152898
I know this is b8, but there was clearly much more thought put into DS3's boss battles. It's seriously like night and day

>Humanoid bossfight that explodes into a Cthulu monstrosity
>Humanoid bossfight with a man that runs around on all 4s like a dog
>Humanoid bossfight with a graceful dancer who attacks in flowing motions
>Humanoid bossfight where the human is a mere puppet, and you're actually attacking the sludge on the ground
>Humanoid bossfight where the bosses start fighting amongst themselves
>Humanoid bossfight where the knight is crippled and has to be teleported around by his enfeebled backpack bro
>Humanoid bossfight where the boss can summon his shadow to attack, but it must always follow his moves and return to his back
>Humanoid bossfight that wrestles and grapples with you
>Humanoid bossfight where that rides around on a Wyvern
>Humanoid bossfight that channels all the different builds from previous Souls games
>>
>>336169025
>Dancer "Oh You Thought My Combo Ended? Too Bad I Still Have Two Slashes More" of the Boreal Valley
>not trial and error bullshit
>>
>>336162258
Hehehe
>>
>>336169235
>dark souls 2
>guy in armor who hits with sword
>multiple guys in armor who hit with multiple weapons
>guy in armor who hits with halberd
>guy in armor who floats and hits with sword
>two guys in armor who hit with halberds
>guy in armor who hits with big weapon and sometimes also uses miracles
>guy in armor who hits with big sword
>guy in armor who hits with big katana

it's a fucking joke to try to force the comparison. the difference is night and day and it's the difference of having a strong leader vs not having one

Most people I've asked who played the game could not, in april 2016, name 5 bosses from dark souls 2.
>>
>>336169235
>Humanoid bossfight that wrestles and grapples with you

Wait, which one is this? Oceiros?
>>
>>336169529
The Champ
>>
>>336156374
>>336157664
You're being pedantic

The complaint wasn't that there were a bunch of humanoid bossfights in DS2. The complaint was that there were a bunch of humanoid bossfights that did almost nothing to stand out from eachother.

You're purposefully misrepresenting the complaint because you want to catch people up in a "gotcha" situation. Its pretty douchey.
>>
>>336167735
Sorry about your brain cancer.
>>
Question: Is there any reason not to start out as a Deprived? All the classes seem to be presets where they deducted points from the Deprived base line 10 and applied them elsewhere and inturn had their soul levels risen

Specifically, I'm tryign to make a pyromancer and wonder if choosing deprived over Pyromancer would net me any stat loss by the time they are both 80
>>
>>336167959
>360 magnet lock hp sponges without readable moves or presented in a way that you can't fairly fight them like rune sentinels

lmao
>>
>>336169718
If you want to go full meme and start with an Estoc I guess.
>>
>>336156249

>circle and roll
>in the game where every boss has salamander tier tracking
>>
>>336169718
as long as you're good enough to play early game without 'optimal' gear, deprived is objectively the best. But you can respec pretty easy so I'd say play whoever's most fun early.
>>
>>336169869
I don't understand your response.
>>
>>336170027
I stopped reading at "any reason not to start out as Deprived", my bad
>>
>>336169996
>beat the shit out of gundyr with my wooden club on l1 deprived
>dodge all his attacks like he's in fucking slow motion
>get 6 visceral attack hits in one fight, beat him on the first try

felt so good after taking like 7 tries the first time
>>
>>336165812
>stop after spider bitch

Damn, you missed Iron Golem. He's a flawed boss, but I love fighting him.

Ornstein and Smough would have been a more understandable place to give up at imo
>>
File: 1461751761525.gif (788 KB, 340x266) Image search: [Google]
1461751761525.gif
788 KB, 340x266
>>336159508

>Nigga 3 is the best in the series

If you think 3 isn't a massive disappointment in every area then you're the reason it ended up being the biggest rehash of the generation. I really hope you enjoyed your epin onion k***ht cameo, because your kin ruined the series.
>>
>>336170214
If you really think 3 is a disappointment in EVERY area then you're a massive cynic who wouldn't have been satisfied no matter what they put out.
>>
>>336170184
All of Sen's fortress is top tier comfy
>>
>>336168876
>DS1 had shit bossfights
>DS2 had shit bossfights
>DS3 had shit bossfights

I'm sorry you had such a bad time with the bosses.
Why do you keep buying these games though
>>
>>336170214
its too bad that you didn't like it

I hope you don;t feel like you wasted $60
Shit, you didn't buy the season pass did you?
>>
I liked three a lot, but at this point, the wonder and awe from this series just faded away I think. This isn't helped by the excessive amount of throwbacks to original games.

People say BB has less replayability, but I would have to disagree. Each weapon is so unique in BB and the world/story is so intricate and interesting, it promotes more playthroughs.

With DS3, I beat the game, and now what? Go through half then game with the uchigatana? Shooting soul arrows? Fighting rehashed bosses or using weapons I used two games ago?

Nah senpai. 2 and 3 shouldn't have happened honestly. BB shows that From does a better job at original games than sequels. Here's hoping for a cyber-souls game announced this year.
>>
>>336170505

Nah, I just care more about an original game than a frankenstein cashgrab.
>>
>>336170980
>Here's hoping for a cyber-souls game announced this year.

they're going to reboot armored core, it's not going to be souls like, but it's not going to be like it used to be either
>>
>>336152898
How the fuck do u beat abyss watchers?
>>
>>336171327
Parry his normal attacks, or wait until after he does the anime flip and backstab him
>>
>>336171327
just hit em dude, they got no poise
>>
>>336152898
It's the worst Souls game so far. Even the souls community is getting sick of it.
>>
>>336156249
>Gundyr=Circle and Roll
yeah try that against The Champ
>>
>>336152898
/v/ is not one person and the people who hated Dark Souls 2 always gave the same retarded, regurgitated Mathewmatosis "arguments" against it, that should have been your clue not to take them seriously.

Every single Souls game has been AT LEAST a solid 8/10, anyone who tells you otherwise is just being a contrarian faggot.
>>
>>336171603
There's maybe one attack in his second phase that it doesn't work for.
>>
File: breh.jpg (672 KB, 1912x1080) Image search: [Google]
breh.jpg
672 KB, 1912x1080
>>336171819
>Every single Souls game has been AT LEAST a solid 8/10

lol
>>
>>336171850
He always does his shoulder check and roundhouse kick
>>
>>336152898
The bosses in DS3 just felt more unique, fuck, there's nothing wrong with armored humanoids, the best fights in the series have been armored humanoids, but I would literally rather drink bleach than fight Dragonrider riding Dragonriderrider or another Pursuer ever again
>>
>>336171603
>>336171850
>>336171978
>Not just parrying the champ
>>
>>336171978
You can roll to dodge those.
>>
>>336171819
DS2's a solid game on its own, but it's a step down in every aspect other than NG+ and 'build variety'
>>
>>336171964
You know it's true m8
>>
File: 1399642603991.png (40 KB, 208x208) Image search: [Google]
1399642603991.png
40 KB, 208x208
>>336165812
>this game is easier
>therefore its miles ahead of the other ones that I can't be bothered to actually try

are you joking

you stopped at the worst point in DaS1 and didnt even get to the Last Giant in DaS2

how
>>
DS2 felt like a Chinese knockoff when it came to the level design and the bossfights

It still had some decent ideas though. The covanents in particular were very good.
>>
File: 1451257873438.gif (2 MB, 384x288) Image search: [Google]
1451257873438.gif
2 MB, 384x288
>People are still hoping for the same feeling of magic and wonderment that they felt from their first Souls game

It'll never happen again. Just enjoy them for being a moderately well made action RPG that allows you to experiment with a variety of equipment layouts and that have difficulty curves that actually expects you to try to improve your playstyle.
>>
>>336169718
There was someone that said luck was a dead stat for most builds, so classes that had minimum amounts of luck like (pyro's 7) were in those cases better in the long run. In any case all classes I believe get the same amount of stats so starting SL isn't really that important
>>
File: frigid out.jpg (263 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
frigid out.jpg
263 KB, 1920x1080
>>336172686
shit nigger, speak for yourself

Going into DS3 and BB blind, there were some really amazing parts. Hell, I even got some good feelings from the DS2 dlc. Frigid Outskirts was GOAT as far as atmosphere goes
>>
>>336172686
>playing every souls game to ng+++++
>suprised it dosen't feel good when starting a new souls game
Maybe if you people curbed your autism just a little bit you wouldn't have this problem. Hell, at least play something else other than souls.
>>
>>336172686

I didn't feel any magic from DS3 because it was creatively dead. DS1 had magic due to its world design, and BB had magic due to its unique setting and significantly different gameplay. Even DS2 mixed the formula up with all of the DLC areas in various ways.
>>
>>336172686
>>336173704
I haven't played BB yet, but going into DS3 blind was really fun. A lot of tense moments and carefully moving through areas not knowing what's coming up.
>>
>>336172686
Nioh has picked up the torch
>>
Does DS3 take place before DS2? Or is DS2 just no longer canon at all?
>>
>>336152898
B-but miyazaki is a genius!

Honestly I felt empty after finishing the game, probably because it's getting stale as hell after 3 games.

But overall had way more fun with BBI in dragon's dogma.

I think it's time from lets dark souls and clones rest and work on some other shit.
>>
>>336174801
DS2 takes place in the Wonderland
>>
>>336172281
ds2 is a 5/10 standalone game. if that.
>>
>>336174874
Is this some new hilarious meme I'm not aware of?
>>
File: champion.jpg (178 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
champion.jpg
178 KB, 1280x720
Why is he so perfect?
>>
>>336175002
>fast, tense fight
>surprising moves
>10/10 music
>>
>>336174801

DS2 is canon but it's largely irrelevant since it's about Vendrick and Drangleic.
>>
>>336156249

pretty spot on... though gundyr, dragonslayer, and nameless king so take some pretty good reaction times and a keen eye for when to counter attack. good fights even though same strategy for each.
>>
>>336174801
ds2 was soft retconned. events are referred to, but only vaguely, intentionally not using their names, or names of characters etc.

the land of Mirrah appears to still exist, since it is one of the very very few things that is named directly
>>
File: 1461117021282.jpg (28 KB, 600x460) Image search: [Google]
1461117021282.jpg
28 KB, 600x460
>>336174764
>Eastern setting
fucking no
NOOOOO
>>
>>336175194
But some DS1 items in DS2 have descriptions saying the places they originate from are so old no one even remembers their name anymore. That's at least several thousands of years. And in DS3 you have Anor Londo, Astora, Carim, Catarina, Vinheim etc all of it, so it's either a prequel or DS2 is out the window.

I figure it's the latter and they just sort of kept around the few interesting things that could be salvaged from that pile of shit like armor sets and little pieces of lore here and there. DS3 is the true DS2.
>>
File: 9.jpg (515 KB, 1599x896) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
515 KB, 1599x896
>>336175747
>Not enjoying oriental fantasy
>>
File: image.png (67 KB, 331x304) Image search: [Google]
image.png
67 KB, 331x304
>>336174801
>tfw you thought there was gonna be a cool twist at the end of DS3 hinting at the next cycle being Bloodborne

Wish they had done that desu
>>
>>336174997
you jump into a nonsensical world ruled by an evil queen through a vortex

that's all I got. the joke is that DS2 is completely irrelevant.
>>
>>336155916
You're a special kind of retarded.
>>
File: image.jpg (210 KB, 303x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
210 KB, 303x2048
>>336176045
What is it with faggots always suggesting the next game in a franchise take place in "muh glorious nippon"

Happens with GTA, Souls, Asscreed and any other franchise
>>
>>336176097
bloodborne is a different dimension of the same universe

remember that there is a dead chester looking guy in BB expansion, and chester says he was grabbed by a big hand (we all thought it was manus, it was amygdala)
>>
>>336176097
Marvelous Chester is from the BB era
>>
>>336175993

DS2 also takes place in Drangleic, a place that was arrived through already questionable means (cut timeline plot) which is an entire continent that isn't anywhere close to Lordran. Lordran on the other hand has already had direct contact with all of the other regions.

Why the fuck do you even care if DS2 is canon? The series obviously doesn't even take itself seriously since everything is just handwaved as "dude convoluted time and space lmao". It's one of the worst franchises to get autistic over.
>>
>>336176758
>isn't anywhere close

why do so many people ignore the fact that physical distance means absolutely nothing in a souls game?

in case you didn't notice, an extremely important place was copypasted through space and time just recently.
>>
File: artorias of the abyss.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
artorias of the abyss.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1440
>implying this was a bad fight
there's nothing wrong with humanoid bosses
>>
>>336157664
>Vordt was a human in armor though
Who had a bent spine and was a fucking quadruped man beast. You're taking the "dude in armor" quote too literally.

People didn't like how boring bosses were. Bosses like the royal sentinels and dragon rider who have no interesting story and are essentially just big regular enemies. No second phases to the fights, no surprise attacks that are really crazy, no connection between them and the places you find them. They were uninteresting in design. Not just physical appearance but design: their attacks, their weapons, their origins, ect.
>>
>>336177037

It doesn't mean anything anymore since everything converges towards Lordran now.
>>
File: 1401092786704.jpg (271 KB, 824x1210) Image search: [Google]
1401092786704.jpg
271 KB, 824x1210
>>336177041
All the best bosses are humanoid bosses, the trick is giving them more flair beyond dragonrider.
>>
>>336177248
it never meant anything to begin with. it was obvious from the first dark souls game that places, people, events, power, magic, etc all shift in time and space. it's heavily heavily insinuated in the first game

everyone seems to have missed it and i considered this a core element of the setting from day 1

I wanted DS3 to take place both in the past and the future of 1, to truly confuse the player
>>
>>336159890
DaS 2 runs better on PC than DaS 1.

That's about it.
>>
File: SotFS_SongDemon.jpg (1 MB, 1349x853) Image search: [Google]
SotFS_SongDemon.jpg
1 MB, 1349x853
>>336155986
Unconventional opinions incoming

The Demon of Song was my favorite boss of DaS2 cause it stuck out the most and was still a decent fight, if easy

You can also have them be some kind of transformed human or accumulated power, or just have to give them presence throughout the level to give them more significance.

Regardless, I get my knocks off on slaying huge beasts. It makes me feel more accomplished or heroic, and while duels against humanoid bosses are cool, it just makes me feel like I'm putting them down instead of conquering a challenge.
>>
>>336176302
No one suggested that, keep up with the conversation we were talking about a game called Nioh which is essentially weeb souls
>>
>>336178146
>The Demon of Song was my favorite boss of DaS2 cause it stuck out the most

i feel like its everyones favorite boss of 2 because it was literally the only boss in the entire game that wouldve been up to snuff for demons, 1 or 3.

all the other bosses were practically fucking regular enemy tier. i mean ruin sentinels...really? laziest shit ive ever seen

>square room with paltforms sticking out like a quake1 deathmatch map
the amount of "didn't try" in 2 is fucking staggering
>>
>>336178146
Design wise, Demon of Song was absolutely my favorite and was a Demon's Souls tier boss. Mechnically, Smelter and Bell-Man were the most fun bosses to fight
>>
Is there a way to get a second pyromancy flame? I want to be 100% hothead.
>>
>>336178794
BLACK FLAME
BLACK FLAME
THAT MEANS NEW GAME+, BITCHES
>>
>>336152898
I hated DaS2 for just being dudes in armor that were all uninteresting to fight, with very few exceptions.
Nearly all of DaS3's humanoid bosses feel unique and are enjoyable to fight.
>>
>>336179081
u wot m8?
>>
>>336179314
srsly bru
>>
>>336179451
explain it to me as you would to a complete retard.
>>
>>336179581

It was from a DaS1 video that became a meme really fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyA8odjCzZ4
>>
>>336179581
It's from the video that transformed Dark Souls into Meme Souls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyA8odjCzZ4
>>
>>336152898
Thanks man.
There were only 200 fucking Souls threads on the front page, how about we shit out another one you fucking faggot?

Soulsbabbies are cancer.
>>
>>336179581
>>336179698
I'm sorry for overmemeing but at this point you have to expect anyone in any dark souls thread to know this meme

for those of you who weren't around to enjoy this shit, it worked exactly like in the video, it was the cheapest shit of all time
>>
>>336179698
>>336179741
Oh. Was never much part of the DS PC scene.
>>
There's LITERALLY nothing wrong with big guys in armor

>DaS has a million reused demons but everyone sucks its dick
DaS2 also has by far the best pvp in the series, DaS3 is probably the worst right now.
>>
>>336152898
Roll roll attack
>>
>stealin' and wheelin'
>chill as fuck
>best voice acting

Best NPC, no contest
>>
>>336180141
>Impossible to save him because of From's convulted NPC system
>>
File: 1409974709184.png (119 KB, 547x609) Image search: [Google]
1409974709184.png
119 KB, 547x609
>Dark Souls 2
>40+ bosses
>5 of them are good
>>
>>336180203
Just don't send him the 3rd time. It is a lesson in greed, he gets away with it 2 times.
>>
>>336152898
Dark Souls 2 was a better game. Fuck the haters. DaS3 is just fanwank for DaS1 fanboys, the pvp sucks ass and the world is boring.
>>
>>336180394
he always dies on the second time for me
>>
>>336156249
These are the mechanics of the game, though. It sounds to me like you just don't enjoy this kind of game.

You're basically saying "Street Fighter 5 is shit, all you do is block and then attack."
Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.