[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Great games that deserves a sequel but never got one.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: PG_Vanquish_box_artwork.png (174 KB, 250x307) Image search: [Google]
PG_Vanquish_box_artwork.png
174 KB, 250x307
ITT: Great games that deserves a sequel but never got one.
>>
File: lba2.jpg (37 KB, 288x339) Image search: [Google]
lba2.jpg
37 KB, 288x339
little big adventure 2
>>
>>336144761
>release fast as fuck shooter
>for consoles

It was doomed from the start.

The reason that console shooters moved away from the arena roots of the genre and toward cover-heavy level design and slow movement is that the limits of controller-based aiming more or less mandate it. Doubly so since the game struggled to maintain 30FPS.

When comparing Vanquish to, say, Gears of War, the success of Gears as a TPS is because the game was designed such that sitting around for a second lining up a shot was an integral mechanic.

If Vanquish had been a PC release it maybe could have tapped into the Twitch/Arena playerbase that was (at the time) hungry for a high-speed shooter and been a much bigger financial success.

C'est la vie
>>
File: 1382344862410.jpg (189 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1382344862410.jpg
189 KB, 1600x1200
>>
Mass Effect, Mirror's Edge.

Talos Principle? That's still out in the open, right?
>>
>>336145615
>mass effect
>Mirror's edge

what?
>>
>>336145615
Talos is new enough that it's not fair to say it "never got" a sequel.

Mirror's Edge is literally getting a sequel.

Mass Effect got 2 sequels.

Are you sure you read the OP?
>>
i dont know what i expected when i bought vanquish, probably something more in line with bayonetta or some shit im not entirely sure, but man this game let me down

way less sliding and crazy shit happening than i thought there would be based on gameplay videos and trailers and man if the final boss/ending wasnt the most anti-climatic garbage fucking imaginable
>>
>>336145768
Your assessment is fair IMO.

But if you want to play Bayonetta: Fast Third Person Shooter Elements Edition, grab Transformers Devastation
>>
>>336144761

>when platinum posted that Vanquish image the day before E3 and literally nothing was announced for it

FUCK
>>
>>336145767
>Are you sure you read the OP?

Very much so. I stand by my post.
>>
File: 1462125123557.jpg (32 KB, 189x189) Image search: [Google]
1462125123557.jpg
32 KB, 189x189
>>336146230
>>
>>336144761
>>336145470
These

>>336145768
Fuck you, Vanquish was the shit and the final boss was incredible.
>>
>>336146590

>final boss is literally just 2 of a boss you've already fought before and it played no differently
>its not even the actual main villain
>you end it with a quicktime event

Fuck off.
>>
Victor Zaitsev was the perfect villain.

>Actual Genius
>Comands 2 AI at the same time to fool protagonist
>Succesfully wins
>No cliche quotes and acts
>Outsmarted everyone

Why can't we have more Antagonists like him?
>>
File: 1419035684854.jpg (52 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1419035684854.jpg
52 KB, 1280x720
>>336146926
>final boss is literally just 2 of a boss you've already fought before and it played no differently

It's different if you actually played it

>its not even the actual main villain

And what does that change?

>you end it with a quicktime event

I see no problem with that, since a final battle is present. Unlike shadow of mordor
>>
>>336147273

>It's different if you actually played it

I did play it and all you had to do was dash around while taking potshots at them because the AI was atrocious.

>And what does that change?

The fact that that the whole fight was set up for the big reveal of "wow that wasnt even the actual main villain!" and you think surely now I will fight the TRUE main boss because that fight was pretty shit, then the game just fucking ends. Anti-climatic and lame as fuck.

>I see no problem with that, since a final battle is present. Unlike shadow of mordor
>I see no problem with that
>>
File: Bully_frontcover.jpg (116 KB, 300x388) Image search: [Google]
Bully_frontcover.jpg
116 KB, 300x388
>>
>>336144761
Fucking love this game. The energy management mechanics are fantastic. The story was meh but the gameplay is fantastic.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.