[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is this franchise good at? It's not the best at combat.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: zelda1.jpg (447 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
zelda1.jpg
447 KB, 1920x1080
What is this franchise good at?

It's not the best at combat. It's not the best at puzzles. It's not the best at adventures. It's not the best at story telling. It's not innovating anything in its genre. Why does it get rave reviews when it's doesn't excel at anything?
>>
Memorable Characters
>>
Mate Z-targeting was a big thing when this game came out
>>
its comfy af and has good gamefeel
>>
>>336138528
It also ironically ruined the franchise.
>>
Woman like it the same way black people like Dragon Ball Z
>>
>>336138337
it's the best at having all of them combined into one game

personally I feel like the items make the game
>>
>>336138337
>It's not the best at combat. It's not the best at puzzles. It's not the best at adventures. It's not the best at story telling.
But it's generally pretty good at blending them all into one game.
>>
>>336138623
This
>>
>>336138585
t.Arin Hanson
>>
It's almost as though being good at many different things is better than excelling at one thing and being shit in all the rest
>>
File: tired_man_21226_1_1_8919.jpg (22 KB, 300x224) Image search: [Google]
tired_man_21226_1_1_8919.jpg
22 KB, 300x224
>>336138585
go on...
>>
>>336138606
more like the way black people like Tekken

Everyone likes DBZ let's be fair
>>
>>336138337
>that picture

The fact that they added all those mountains to the background despite them never being in the actual game shows how bland OoT actually looks.
>>
>>336138337
But OOT was game changing. It was , in a sense the first good 3d open world sandbox game. Since then however everything that came after has been in a huge decline in quality. Almost every Zelda has been rehashing OOT in hopes of recreating the original and failing miserably.
>>
>>336138606
Wisdom here
>>
>>336138337
atmosphere and nostalgia
>>
Zelda is an experience that transcends all those things. No homo.
>>
>>336138337

Ocarina of time pretty much invented z-targeting which is used for almost every single action game now.

When it came out there was nothing like it and this series pretty much said "This is how you make 3d combat work" so it had innovation great puzzles , great story telling and an incredible adventure.

But if you rate them now ; they are about 6/10 I'd say. And the new games did almost nothing innovative they get high scores just because of nostalgia.
>>
>>336138746
Sure, I apologize for posting vague simple sentences. I practically shitposted by doing that.

The combat in 3D Zeldas are so slow due to the Z-system. In 2D Zelda , you had to aim your sword, and you can be surrounded by enemies and swing fast enough to hit them all.
but in 3D zelda, they're so few of them, and it's slow. It's also a lot of waiting, you just wait for them to attack, sidestep, then just swing.

I'll admit none of this has to do with Z-Targetting, I guess that part's fine. But I think it's unnecessary, just make the camera zoom out a little bit so you can see more around you. N64 had hardware limitations so those games needed it, but it's not neccessary anymore. This is why games like Bayonetta dont use it.
>>
File: 1448678815595.png (540 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1448678815595.png
540 KB, 1280x960
>>336138337
its the best in its genre and is able to combine all those things into something enjoyable. also the charatcers, overworld, dungeons, music are cool
>>
>>336138337

Aside from the obvious fact that it was first at a lot of things, which you seem to be too underage to understand, the Zelda series' strongest point is that it has everything, and it does everything pretty well.

Few other games give you as many tools to fuck around with in an open world, while ALSO having a whole bunch of expertly crafted puzzle-solving dungeons, while ALSO having great and memorable boss fights, and so on.
>>
File: 1434066915850.jpg (28 KB, 400x396) Image search: [Google]
1434066915850.jpg
28 KB, 400x396
>>336138905
>Being a tripfag
>>
you cant name a better game in the same genre, so why dont you just shut the fuck up
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.