[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best way to get into the Yakuza series? Play
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 250px-Ryugagotoku0[1].jpg (31 KB, 250x314) Image search: [Google]
250px-Ryugagotoku0[1].jpg
31 KB, 250x314
What's the best way to get into the Yakuza series? Play 1-5? What about 0? Do I start there? Someone also told me to just watch the cutscenes of 1 &2.
>>
1 and 2 are a lot of fun, it's just the fighting gameplay that's a bit dated, and graphics I suppose.

Just start the series from the beginning.
>>
Play the series in release order. 2 is one of the best in the series, so you don't want to miss it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkN9oru-qCQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZD2eufsDII
>>
Just got Kiwami off the Hong Kong store and I'm really enjoying it so far, but I don't see how people are saying it's the hardest one in the series, it's as easy as 0 is.
When does the difficulty pick up?
>>
Exist Yakuza 0 with English subs?
>>
>>336141735
Salty Yen is your man
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5Pjj4m2IvXWGFZVcflovLpteMmfxCfXB
>>
>>336141963
Thank you, but I was talking about buying the Jap version with English options, menu, dialogues, etc., like those Phoenix Wright DS games.
>>
File: Yak5.jpg (486 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
Yak5.jpg
486 KB, 1000x563
>>336138157
You can pretty much start with any entry in the series, maybe except for 5. 4 is available on PSN ($20).

Just make sure to watch the recap videos of the previous games in the main menu before starting the game.
>>
>>336142387
The localized Yakuza Zero will be coming west early 2017.
>>
>>336142748
Oh well, thanks.
>>
>>336142748

But I want it to be here earlier goddammit.
>>
>>336138157
I would start with 1. 0 is great but it's the kind of thing that's meant for veteran players.

If you can't deal with the PS2 potato graphics Kiwami is fine. It's essentially the same exact game just rendered with PS3 models
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.