[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was Kojima unable to create a memorable team of villains
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: MGS-Foxhound.jpg (191 KB, 620x510) Image search: [Google]
MGS-Foxhound.jpg
191 KB, 620x510
Why was Kojima unable to create a memorable team of villains rich in backstory after MGS1? It got progressively worse:

>I AM FORTUNE PLS KILL ME
>THE PAIN THE PAIN
>"She was born in a village. Soldiers came."
>generic skulls that have no personality
>>
>>336120757
as with just about anything, having to repeat the same formula over and over again tends to result more and more lukewarm copies.
>>
I thought the Sons of Lberty were pretty good.

Even the Cobra Unit was great.
>>
Winds of Destruction were the closest IMO, but there weren't enough of them and the game was too short.
>>
The Cobra unit and B&Bs were literal non-characters.

Sons of Liberty were alight though, they filled their role well and were pretty memorable even if they weren't FOXHOUND.
>>
>>336120757
WINDS

OF

DESTRUCTION

People tend to forget he wrote the story and dialogue for MGR
>>
>>336124871
Because he didn't.
>>
>>336125520
No u
>>
>>336125615
Pretty retro meme there mate.
>>
>>336120757
>Cobra Unit
>Not memorable
>>
>>336125789
You're ignoring the context.
>>
>>336125789
>THE X
>THE X
>THEEEE X
>BOOM

Wow so memorable. The Boss is the only one with more than a sentence of depth.
>>
>>336125862
They're definitely memorable though. They're crazy and wacky and over the top.
>>
>>336120757
MGS 3 and PW both had great boss fights
>inb4 PW was shit
fuck off, I liked it
>>
>>336126172
Peace Walker is tied with MGS1 for best game in the series.
>>
>>336126172
I think they were pretty good fights, but the tanks had no personality really. They just existed. Aside from Peace Walker and Zeke though.
>>
>>336126172
Tank
Chopper
Bigger tank
Biggest tank
More tanks
Peace walker
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.