[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Plotholes in HR
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: heavyrain.jpg (14 KB, 288x345) Image search: [Google]
heavyrain.jpg
14 KB, 288x345
Tell me about them.
>>
>>336118929
>can read into fat mans thoughts
>is never thinking about kidnapping and killing kids
>>
>>336118929
the blackouts and origami is the most obvious one
>>
Shelby is shown finding the old man dead in his office and is shocked by it, only to later show us that he's the one that murdered him.
>>
>>336120015
That ties into the reveal, so it's not really a plothole
>>
>>336120345

It is a plothole.

You control him the whole time and never commit the murder, not to mention a third person is in the room at the time and apparently never noticed.

Shelby in general is a huge plothole. He's on this big crusade to catch the killer and focuses on one person in particular even though Shelby himself is the killer and knows it, he doesn't have a split personality or anything. He's literally faking his entire part to the game just to fool the player. If I thought David Cage was smart I might believe this was a deliberately breaking of the fourth wall.

Also, how the fuck did Madison know where to find Ethan?
>>
>>336120345
Yes it is. It lies to your face in terms of how the events went down.
>>
>>336119438
>>336120752
>>336120805
So you want the entire game spoiled?

The only plothole this game has is that Ethan never thinks of contacting the police, same as the shopkeeper guy, his son was dead already why he didn't hand that box over to the police so they could investigate?
>>
>>336120752
Madison can also end up calling Jayden's cell when they're heading to the warehouse at the climax even if she's never met him.
>>
How did Shelby place all those glass shards inside the pipe?
>>
File: 3D_Gremlin.jpg (192 KB, 500x612) Image search: [Google]
3D_Gremlin.jpg
192 KB, 500x612
>>336118929
it was a videogame and there was no gameplay.
>>
>>336120874
>So you want the entire game spoiled?
They're just saying the game should've been written differently - which is true. If a good writer was having this problem, a playable character whose thoughts the player can hear is the killer, they'd say "damn, that's a neat idea, but we have to scratch it because it would be completely retarded to play as him and don't have him somehow hint at the fact or even admit he's the killer", but this is David Cage who obviously thought the idea was too rad to modify it.
>>
>>336118929

Madison acts shocked when she gets told the name of the Origami Killer despite never having met him in-game and there being zero prior indication she knew of him
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.