[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nintendo has been making the same games since the 80s
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: Nintendo-logo-red.png (67 KB, 2268x1688) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo-logo-red.png
67 KB, 2268x1688
Don't get me wrong, I am a Nintendo fan, though I don't love all of their franchises, but if you think about it Nintendo has been making the same games since the 80s. By that I mean games that are steeped in traditional, arcade design. I'd like to see Nintendo challenge themselves & deliver a few new IPs that have compelling narratives & deep gameplay like in The Witcher 3 or Fallout 4. I think it could really help in bringing variety to their current franchises.

More & more I find myself unable to be grabbed by Nintendo games because most of them lack strong narratives. With Nintendo games, it's pretty much what you see is what you get. Colourful mascot characters collecting bananas & jumping on Goombas just isn't doing it for me anymore. As I'm getting older this stuff gradually appeals to me less & less. I need something that does that little bit more & goes that little bit deeper.

So, what do you think? I think making more games that focus on having strong narratives & a darker or more grounded visual style could really help diversify their offerings. After all, it's said that they make games for everyone, right?
>>
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1213615

Is this you?
>>
You're no longer part of their target market.

Nintendo main market is kids and there is usually a refresh batch of kids every few years that will have a novel experience with their games while you've done it 5 times before.

It's the same with other non Nintendo games but the new narrative experience is enough to ignore the same underlying mechanics.
>>
>>336116204
What? You got sick of super mario smash bros kart #34? Or the pokemon games with pretty much the same shitty combat since 90' something? Also there are 2 versions, so better come up with more shekels
Fuck Nintendo
>>
The irony of Nintendo still marketing towards kids as the child population in japan keeps decreasing.
>>
>compelling narratives and deep gameplay
>Fallout 4.
>>
>>336117373
>>336118494
Yeah, they really oughta change their strategy at this point.
>>
I like how the OP's title is that Nintendo has been making the same games since the 1980's, and his solution is for them to instead make games like everyone else.

So just be a different kind of samey, I guess.
>>
File: le sonygaf meme.png (233 KB, 1715x668) Image search: [Google]
le sonygaf meme.png
233 KB, 1715x668
>>336116349
>literally every response in that thread is people disagreeing

DELETE THIS

YOURE RUINING THE SONYGAF BOOGEYMAN
>>
>>336118771
who gives a shit about gaf
you look like a buttmad gaf member
>>
>>336116349
>op of that thread never replied to any of these "if monolith is not nintendo, then is naughty dog sony" posts
hilarious
my head is full of fuck after reading all this though
>>
True
>>
>>336116204
I don't recall Pikmin coming out in the 80's
>>
>>336116204
>nintendo makes the same shit over and over
brilliant observation dipshit
>>
>>336116204
>"A BLUH BLUH BLUH! WHY WON'T NINTENDU MAKE MATURE GAMES FOR MATURE GAMERS SUCH AS MYSELF???"
>>
>>336116204

Same can be said about sony, you anus
>>
>>336116204
>a darker or more grounded visual style could really help diversify their offerings.

What exactly about this visual style automatically makes a game more compelling? The market is oversaturated with games with that art style, and most of those games aren't even as "mature" as the cel-shaded Killer7.
>>
Op, I don't see ant problems in collects banans or stepping on goombas. My problem is that they are making the whole game thinking ONLY on children. Super Mario RPG has all this stuff however is a great game. Sure, maybe a story with Mario and browser cannot be deep as Dark Souls, but it can be fun and entertaining and even surprising. Who wasn't surprised to see that browser wasn't the villain in Super Mario RPG?

I bought I 3ds to be close again to Nintendo, and I really liked Mario & Luigi. The game mechanics were new and interesting and the silly story always made me laugh a lot. However, Dream Team is just boring. It's not bad, but it's boring as hell. In the Mount Pajama part is so painful. It takes a long time to find Big Massif, then a HUGE part to wake him up, then another huge part to climb and when you think you are finished with this part they make you go again in the mount but this time in the dream world. It just feels that I haven't progressed anything in the game. Also they tutorial the shit out of you, God I know how to play videogames, I have been doing it since I was 4 let me at least skip it.

Well, my point is that they can make fresh new and interesting games with what they have and even create new stuff, I just don't know why they don't do. Also, Nintendo think like they are in 2000. Region blocks, games that never lowers the price, they hardware and the lack of 3rs parties games. If they keep doing what they are doing, maybe this will be the end of Nintendo as we know.
>>
File: The Irony.jpg (25 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
The Irony.jpg
25 KB, 400x400
>>336116204
>The Witcher 3 or Fallout 4
>>
>>336116204
Don't get me wrong, i'm not a racist, but we should really genocide all subhumans and slaughter their treacherous apologists through social media parsing.

At the rate we're going, technological civilisation is going to collapse in less then two centuries, dooming our species to mediocrity and locking us on this planet, joining the failed club of one-planet sentient species out there.

So, what do you think ? Should we exterminate the inferior races ? After all, Humanity's future is important for everyone, right ?
>>
>>336116349
LMAO, OP got BTFO right on the first post.
>>
>>336116204

Why do you think 80's movies are so fondly remember compared to the schlock nowadays?because of it's distinct visual using animatronics and puppets and though they may not stand the test of time people still love it for having a real human made feel to them.

Nintendo, as troubled as they are right will still be remember and praised for the achievements they made when it came to visual and new forms of gameplay.

Do you seriously think fucking kill zone or uncharted will be remembered in 30 years compared to games like splatoon and animal crossing? They sure won't cause they're copy paste visuals blend in with all the other le edgy games in this decade, nintendo will always be under appreciated by the general public but they will live on for years because of the legacy they created
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.