[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think he actually knows what he's doing? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 10
File: large.jpg (38 KB, 545x576) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
38 KB, 545x576
Do you think he actually knows what he's doing?
I'm starting to doubt it to be honest.
>Zelda-only E3
>NX in March 2017
>almost no new games for Wii U and 3DS
I want to be optimistic but every time my hopes get crushed.
>>
>>336113481
>Zelda-only E3
Zelda is the only playable game at E3. It's not the only game Nintendo will show.
>>
>>336113590
Still, they said they will focus on Zelda so you can expect at least half of the conference on that one game. Just like last year with Mario's anniversary.
Having only one playable game shows that they don't have many other games to show at all.
>>
>>336113809
One good game > many mediocre ones.
>>
The biggest problem with the Wii U was that it was released before all of its system selling games were ready. By the time Mario Kart and Smash came out it had already failed.

It's a very smart move to ditch the U and move development to NX right now, and also to hold off the NX until the games are done.

The first six months of a console's life are the most important. If the system doesn't sell well out of the gate, publishers won't develop for it.

It's much better to wait for the right time than to push out an undercooked system without any games.
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 480x360
>Zelda only E3

For tne last goddamn time, it's the only playable game on tne show floor, because E3 is general is being abandoned for showcases this year

There will still be a fucking presentation with new game announcements

>NX in March 2017

That's not a problem, they are sacrificing Holiday sales to make sure Launch Titles are good

>Almost no new games for 3DS and Wii U

People say that every fucking year prior to E3
>>
File: based.jpg (156 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
based.jpg
156 KB, 1600x900
>>336113481
Yes. They let all that shit sit for a few days so you faggots could post about how Nintendo is dooomed!!! and then dropped their ace in the hole, thoroughly blowing you faggots the fuck out.
>>
With Iwata dead Nintendo doesn't have much time left
>>
>>336116342
>because E3 is general is being abandoned for showcases this year

It's losing TWO companies from the floor and one key note show. It's still the second biggest E3 in history with the companies that are returning from last year.

It's amazing to see Nintendrones parade around this "E3 is dead meme!!" as some desperate preparation for what's in store, especially after how successful last year's E3 was in viewings, industry turnout and stock sales - which all do actually matter because E3 is an industry focused event, not a consumer one.
>>
>>336116342
>People say that every fucking year prior to E3
Yes, and they're right. What new games did we get last year?
>>
>>336116342
> E3 is general is being abandoned for showcases this year

Not really. Disney is the biggest one pulling out because they want to do their own thing. Wargames is too, but they're practically literally whos.

EA dropping their keynote is kind of big, but with Square and Bethesda returning, and rumors of Rockstar also coming with one, it might be for the best, since the numbers for the EA streams and attendance turnout for the actual show have been dwindling each year - and it's always boring as fuck to watch as a consumer anyways.

Oh yeah, but Nintendo's E3 sucked last year, all signs point to it sucking again this year, so let's pretend like it's dying.
>>
>>336116607
I hope 3ds Dragon Quest games get release dates announced at e3 this year
>>
>>336116607
Starfox Zero, Hyrule Warriors Legends, Mario & Luigi Paper Jam, The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes, Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer, Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival, Metroid Prime Federation Force and a new fucking Mario Tennis.
>>
>>336114790
Shame that Zelda isn't good anymore
>>
>>336116714
>releases dates for something already announced
>Nintendrones will unironically hype this as them winning

We're getting extensive Zelda coverage, first gameplay of Sun and Moon and probably the Splatoon 3DS spin-off that already semi-leaked. Anything else will be garbage shovelware.
>>
>>336116761
3 Wii U games, one we already knew about (Starfox) and two extremely shit ones. Wow.
And HHD was not new.
>>
>>336116820
Not even a nintendrone and don't give a fuck about all the who won e3 bullshit.
I just want Dragon Quest released.
>>
>>336116789
lol :)
>>
Why do Nintendo games not sell well anymore?

Are the games shit? Have too many people outgrown them? Has PS4 vs Xbox eaten all the market for Nintendo hardware? Was the company too Japan-centric?

What went wrong?
>>
>>336116761
>Starfox Zero
Something announced an E3 ago and shown in alpha,
>Hyrule Warriors Legends
Wii U losing another exclusive with more content, also leaked days before
>The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes
Four Swords downgrade with re-used ALBW assets
>Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer,
Already announced 2 Directs ago, not new
>Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival
Amiibo shit, bait and switch with the tease looking like a console AC
>Metroid Prime Federation Force
Fucking awful looking
> a new fucking Mario Tennis.
Which had an incredibly underwhelming reveal and looked budget

Paper Jam was the only thing that looked good (aside from Starfox Zero, but again, their biggest announcement was announced by them last fucking E3, preventing any major hype because everyone expected it - regardless of how unfortunate the game ended up being).

There's a reason the E3 Direct was massively panned.

The only reason I don't think they're going to let it happen again is they've announced largely nothing of major importance since then beyond Kirby Robobot, and have clearly been saving them for E3. They've even postponed showing ANY Sun/Moon footage so they can have it for E3.
>>
>>336117128
>>336116913
>people forgetting the Nintendo World Championship and hype as fuck Smash Direct with Roy, Ryu and Lucas

Why do so many anti-Nintendo people conveniently forget the best part about E3?
>>
File: 1431202547425.jpg (32 KB, 476x480) Image search: [Google]
1431202547425.jpg
32 KB, 476x480
>Zelda only E3
>AGDQ is 99% Zelda
>4 Zelda re-releases since 2011
>Zelda getting shoehorned into Sonic and Mario kart games because reasons
Is there some way to take the Zelda series and put it in a gas chamber?
>>
>>336117167
>glorified Super Mario Maker advertisement and fucking DLC

Because none of this makes the rest of the shit any better.
>>
>>336117167
>Why do so many anti-Nintendo people conveniently forget the best part about E3?

Because of how terrible the Direct was. Even I, a big Ninty fan, completely forgot about how on point they were leading up to it.
>>
>>336117167
Because events held the day before E3, and two days before their E3 Direct shouldn't be judged as part of their E3 Direct?

Maybe they shouldn't save hype Smash Bros. content for a pre-event and instead put it in their E3 announcements - aside from DLC not remotely being enough to save that shit show.
>>
>>336117167
I'm a Nintendrone anon, but my delusion can't turn last year's E3 into something good. I remember watching it with /v/ and my heart slowly braking more and more. The final 5 minutes with Let's Mario dealt the final blow.

And the Championship and Smash Direct don't count, they were before E3, though admittedly if they had saved them for the actual E3 Direct it would have helped.
>>
>>336117173
i'm sure noa's wettest dream would be turning zelda into a yearly release like cawadoody
>>
>>336117173
AGDQ is cancerous garbage anyways.
>>
He's starting a clean slate. Wii U doesnt exist to him and 3DS probably isn't as important as mobile is.
2017 is where he makes his mark.
>>
File: 1434056789752.gif (418 KB, 245x138) Image search: [Google]
1434056789752.gif
418 KB, 245x138
>>336116342

>That's not a problem, they are sacrificing Holiday sales to make sure Launch Titles are good

early damage control, folks
>>
>>336117167
>the Nintendo World Championship and hype as fuck Smash Direct with Roy, Ryu and Lucas
>Why do so many anti-Nintendo people conveniently forget the best part about E3?

I don't watch E3 to see some faggots play games that already released or to watch cancer personalities spout memes at the camera. I watch it to see new video games, or new information/footage on upcoming video games.
>>
>>336117167
I'm a Nintendo fan, and this was their first E3 showing in years I stopped watching early.
>>
>>336113809
>so you can expect at least half of the conference on that one game
Plus 15 minutes of devs talking about the game.

Man, this e3 is going to be amazing for those who don't give a shit about Zelda
>>
>>336117173
It's the ultimate normie game.
>>
>>336117492
People who pretend the last E3 was the worst obviously didn't see 2008 or the "10 minutes of Nintendo Land fireworks" Wii U reveal one.
>>
>>336117375
This
Why do shitposters never get it?
>>
Screencap this:

Nintendo's E3 will be decent. Despite the lack of playable games, the general consensus will be that Zelda is great. This will probably coincide with stronger marketing by Nintendo. The NX will release and do alright. It will be a little weird, because Nintendo, but relatively gimmick free. It'll perform at about the level of a PS4. Better than the Wii U, but still not so great. Nintendo will still make a profit. They still won't gain third party support, so there will still be game droughts, but as a whole it will be a bit of an improvement over the Wii U era.
>>
>>336116820
>Splatoon 3DS spin-off that already semi-leaked
Wut? Do you mean that musical game that was 'leaked' months ago?
>>
>outright rejecting Wii U
He knows exactly what he's doing, I'm very excited for the coming year.

Ok, I dont want to sound like a shitposter, I love my Wii U, but no one has really recognized its failure until him. Blatantly putting out mediocre sales expectations and saying that its good because they can focus on 3DS and NX is good news for the future.

The drought will be unbearable though.
>>
>>336116631
>losing EA and Activision aren't big deals!
lol stay delusional
>>
File: image.jpg (180 KB, 780x481) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
180 KB, 780x481
>>336117128
Amiibo Festival was enough to sour me on the whole thing, I've never been more furious during an E3 presentation in my life.
>>
>>336118070
These E3 marketing shills are awfully vocal. Losing Nintendo, EA, Activision amd Disney is huge, next year could be even more barren.
>>
>>336116631
EA is not really dropping, though. They are just showcasing their games in a different way, outside of E3, to let even "normal" people, and not just "journalists", take a look at them and try them out.

They are still going to hold a conference to show their games, like Andromeda and who knows what else, and they are still part of the list of the partecipating companies.
>>
File: 1434891787916.gif (205 KB, 478x360) Image search: [Google]
1434891787916.gif
205 KB, 478x360
>>336118078
Same, it literally broke me.
>trailer starts
>OH SHIT IT'S ANIMAL CROSSING U
>wait, what are those things on the ground
>wait, a dice?
>what the-
>what-
>no
>no
>no
>mfw
>>
>>336117628
I can think of a bunch of series worse offenders than Zelda in that regard. CoD, Uncharted, Battlefield, GTA, etc.
>>
>>336118158
>Nintendo announces they're not showing the NX at E3
>Suddenly, E3 is irrelevant

keep forcing this meme nintoddler

here's a question though

if it is so irrelevant

why does it upset you so?
>>
>>336117827
As long as the NX is just a box that plays video games they'll start to regain some third party suppot. Gimmicks are the reason for the droughts.
>>
>>336113481
Yes, delaying that so the NX has an actual great launch lineup. They'll announce something else new for the 3DS, don't worry.
>>
>muh great NX launch line up
>the console is releasing in less than a year
>but they have literally nothing to show us
>>
>>336118295
EA and Activision also dropped it. They're not important publishers or anything though, right? ',:^)
>>
Anyone else want the NX to fail? I kinda do as a Wii U owner, and will likely do my best to shit talk it because Nintendo fucked me over.
>>
>>336118335
>delaying that so the NX has an actual great launch lineup
What difference can they make in 4 months?
>>
>>336118402
That only makes the speculation more intense, so it maintains the interest over the console. Now they'll announce it once it's around the corner and capitalize on the hype.
>>
>>336118335
>great launch line up
>Zelda delayed to make a NX version

nothing says great launch line up like having cross platform titles
>>
>>336118295
What makes you think I'm upset? I've been saying this ever since Activision and Disney announced they were splitting.
Dissolving E3 to host your own private and public events to dominate the news cycle just makes sense.
Especially with how flooded this year will be with VR trash that will look so dumb to demo on-screen.
>>
>>336118507
Ports
>>
>>336118507
It gives you time to finish up a ton of games and start developing new ones so you have more shit to show up right off the bat.
>>
>>336116404
They better produce a metric fuckton of these.
>>
>>336118507
Realistically, they can polish a few of their launch titles and console firmware, get a few smaller budget games out on the eShop for launch and aybe get a few 3rd parties to port their PS4 games over in time for launch.
>>
>>336118579
The point is that it's gonna be a great game, and that they obviously prefer if you buy it for the new console.
>>
>>336118242
I sat here for a good 30 seconds waiting for the loli to frown
>>
>>336117716
It was still pretty fucking bad. Compare it to the year before where trailers were relatively short before thye moved on. The moment Miyamoto started talking about how he came up with Star Fox was when I noticed something was off. Then Reggie talking about skylanders. Then that lady talking about Yoshi amiibos. Federation Force, the Animal Crossing game, Triforce Heroes.

Then finishing it off with people just singing the fucking Mario theme. It was terrible, not even any Zelda footage.
>>
>>336113481
>zelda-only E3
Only playable game, they didn't say they wouldn't announce or show anything else. Doesn't have to do with him specifically as Nintendo's been decreasing their E3 presence for years.

>NX in March
Not sure what the problem is, it would be best for them if they could get it out during the holiday season but really console launches normally sell through anyway, it's the months after the launch that are going to be the key regardless of when it happens.

>no new games for Wii U or 3DS
That is normal when you are ramping up for a new console.

It really isn't an issue of whether he knows what they're doing. The company is just continuing with the plans they had before Iwata died. We don't know yet how it's going to go so just wait and see instead of shitposting about it.
>>
>>336118403
EA definitely isn't. They haven't released a good game in 8 years now
>>
>>336118739
Except they're only going to show the Wii U verison at E3. They said so themselves.
>>
I don't think we know too much about his mindset just yet. Many of the Nintendo-related news recently are still a remnant from Iwata, are they not?

It seems like only with the NX launch will we truly see how his mindset shapes the company

I guess looking at his shareholder presentation online can give us a first impression of that
>>
>>336118841
Unfortunately even if people agree with your opinion EA games still sell a fuck ton
>>
>>336118841
I'd agree with you there but your and my opinion of their games is irrelevant to their size and importance in the industry
>>
File: BFlioW4.png (134 KB, 615x588) Image search: [Google]
BFlioW4.png
134 KB, 615x588
>>336118579
>>
>>336118871
He keeps talking about expanding the brand and expanding their IPs, time will tell whether that's a good thing or just means a pile of mobile garbage.
>>
Nintendo is doomed. A bunch of old men who don't understand the industry anymore.

They should just accept their fate and let somebody buy them out.
>>
>>336118832
3DS will undoubtedly still be getting solid support, Kimishima said so himself. No doubt Wii U will be slowing way down soon, also somethin he said would happen.
>>
Could kill for some N3DS games. 2 games and SNES emulation just isn't enough.
>>
>>336118921
Do they really? The last EA game anybody have a shit about was Battlefront, and not only did it pretty much just have 'STAR WARS' stamped on the front, it was also notoriously bad. Before that, there was what?

Mass Effect?
>>
>>336117375
Yup. This.
That's why NX is releasing end of Nintendo's Fiscal Year 2016. FY 2016 is their first full FY with a new president, and investors tend to be more lenient understanding that the first year won't be stellar while changes are implemented.
Releasing NX just before the start of FY 2017 pushes all those sales numbers out of the shitty year to pad a fresh year.
It's a decent strategy when trying to play the long game impressing investors.
>>
>>336118932
And not much has changed since. Sony should thank their gods for the marketing team and Microsofts failings.
>>
>>336118932
>BUT SONY
>>
>>336119134
And Nintendo is a company that can afford to play investor long ball because of all the cash they have on hand. Their safety net is fucking huge.
>>
>>336119103
>The last EA game anybody have a shit about was Battlefront
You mean the extremely recent game?

As long as EA makes sports games they're raking in hand over fist. Battlefield is also a greatly profitable IP
>>
Having a new console out by next spring would be pretty miraculous, maybe it'll actually be good
>>
>>336118507
The same that they did with Miitomo, and you know how great it is doing now, just like Nintendoland.

>>336119212
Most people's WiiU is perfectly fine, they're the kind of people who can play customer long ball, and the true only ones still caring about this idiot company.
>>
>>336114790
Many good games > One good game > Many mediocre ones

also

Many games > being ashamed for nothing else to show
>>
>>336113481

While he's got his reasons, here's what I'd do

>Announce Zelda WiiU at E3 to release Xmas 2016, release at £30/$45
>Announce NX in October to release in March 2017, don't mention Zelda NX at launch, but have a stellar lineup
>Meanwhile work on Zelda NX port, fix all the problems fans/critics highlight in a crunch time development
>Announce Zelda WiiU port to NX in January 2017, highlight all the improvements the NX version will have
>Release Zelda NX for £30/$45
>Raw profits will be up because people will likely double dip, coupled with people who only play NX

Good thing I'm not involved
>>
>>336113809
Just like how E3 2015 was SFZ focus?

You realise that there was maybe 4 playable games at E3 2016 and most of them were 3DS right
>>
>>336121163
1. It was Mario-focused.
2. It was really bad
3. 4 playable games is better than one
>>
File: 1 (1).jpg (536 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1 (1).jpg
536 KB, 1920x1080
>>336121236
>1. It was Mario-focused.
The showfloor was most definitely SFZ focused
>2. It was really bad
Agreed
>3. 4 playable games is better than one
The list of show floor games were
1. SFZ (16 units)
2. Mario Maker (8 units)
3. Tri Force Heroes (9 units)
4. Yoshi Woolly World (2 units)
>>
>>336121236
They only said one U game. They didn't say anything about the 3DS.
>>
>>336116404
Is the new copy pasta you're gonna be forcing everywhere?
>>
>>336118859
Yes, and? They'll show the NX version later on, which will look a lot better so you buy that instead.
>>
>>336116404
While I do not know whether you are serious or not, the Squid Sisters trailer is already rocking almost 200k views after such a short time, illustrating the massive interest in them.
Make of those numbers what you want. I almost want to say these amiibo are supposed to be part of an appeasement strategy.
>>
>>336113481
I know man

I thought they couldn't get worse from e3 2015

And boy I was wrong

They are arguably worse than the 08 wagglan day
>>
>>336121737
Why showcase the worse version at e3? It's what I don't understand. It's like if Ubisoft showed PS3 Watchdogs back then.
>>
>>336122393
it may end up being the best version though because Wii U is the platform it was created for
>>
>>336117124
>new ip sells 4.1 million copies in under a year
>>
>>336122624
If they pull a TP and NX version is exactly the same as the Wii U one (graphically) then they're fucked if they think that would make the NX sell.
>>
>launch in October or November
>compete against ps4, ps4.5, psvr, and xbone
>most have great deals due to time on market
>lose black Friday to several of them, at least the base models of ps4 and xbone
>countless flop articles all over the Internet
This is the thing they're avoiding with a March release. That way they can pump out games for it in 2017, and bundle them up for black Friday 2017 for a chance of "winning" that year or getting close enough it's considered a success by the media
>>
>>336117167
Because that's the narrative. In hindsight, people completely ignored lots of Nintendo's best moments that show in favor of pushing this 'The Direct sucked!' meme.

Try looking at a worst ever E3 thread sometime, you'll be surprised at how few people bring up E3 2015.
>>
File: Q12016.jpg (197 KB, 613x300) Image search: [Google]
Q12016.jpg
197 KB, 613x300
>>336123067
Funnily enough this time of the year Playstation platforms sell the best in Japan.
>>
>>336123907
All things sell more during golden week. It's just that most Japs have a 3DS at this point.
But yes, they are in part launching in March / April to hit golden week since they're more likely to do well early on in Japan.
>>
>>336124231
No retard it's from January until now. I even posted the charts there. See how much PS4 and Vita are selling.
>>
>From software announces game
>No NX
>CoD and Battlefield will be unveiled next week
>Even if they are coming, NX wont be featured as platforms because third parties arent allowed to talk about it until August or whenever the fuck Nintendo gets off their ass

Nope, he doesn't know a thing, and Nintendo hasn't learned anything at all from Wii U
>>
>>336118242
>a dice

You deserved it.
>>
>>336118402
What have Retro and EAD been doing the last few years? If even only those two studios have something big for NX launch (new Retro IP and new major Mario) along with Zelda U, NX will have an unmissable launch.

Then there are the reports of Wii U games shifted to NX, plus whatever crap third parties can scrape together. I think it has a better-than-average shot at having a great launch.
>>
>>336117128
>Four Swords downgrade with re-used ALBW assets
Someone here had bad luck at finding good teams.
>>
>>336116631
>but with Square and Bethesda returning

It's fucking nothing
>>
>>336117716
People forget about that because 2008 was actually a good year for Nintendo games aside from Wii Music.
>>
>>336116404
hot glue video when
>>
>>336113481
They really have their heart bet on Zelda being a big deal that people will be really excited for. Given how shit the last couple of Zelda games have been I think they're vastly overestimating how much people still care about Zelda, Skyward Sword didn't sell that well for a Zelda game and that was on a much more successful console than the Wii U. Not to mention that the japs have never really been that keen on Zelda.
>>
Do you think they'll still do the Treehouse stream?

2015's stream was coasting off the utter hatred of that year's Digital Event, but this year will have that + things like MUH CENSORED and and MUH NINTENDOOMED and muh HIRING PEDOS and ONE GAME ON THE SHOW FLOOR
>>
>>336118403

Activision said they were putting Skylanders on hiatus, Destiny 2 is delayed till 2017 and only had COD to show this year which was always going to be a Sony conference/showfloor segment so they didn't want to be on the showfloor themselves.

>>336128823

Considering the product manager and producer responsible for the treehouse stream was fired thanks to goobergribble. Probably cancelled or limited to one or two post direct streams.
>>
>>336129032
>for the treehouse stream was fired thanks to goobergribble
Pretty sure it was more to do with her being a pedo senpai. Did they push for it or something?
>>
>>336116404
You keep posting this same shit in every thread. At least change the filename splatfag.
>>
>>336122393
To show how good the NX is by comparison later on.
Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.