[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If wow legacy servers actually hit, would you subscribe and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 73
File: muhlegacy.png (10 KB, 581x106) Image search: [Google]
muhlegacy.png
10 KB, 581x106
If wow legacy servers actually hit, would you subscribe and play?

Do you think it will even happen, or will they just announce pristine realm bullshit?

https://twitter.com/NostalBegins/status/726588226870202369
>>
I'd be tempted.
I never played WoW, but I wouldn't mind trying how vanilla was to see what I missed.
>>
I have friends who would play, so I'd join them at least for a month
>>
No.
>>
> vanilla
> not TBC

this is the only thing I do not understand.
>>
They'll soon realize the fickle nature of the vanilla fags and will can the whole thing when it stops making money.
>>
>>336111508
>If wow legacy servers actually hit, would you subscribe and play?
No
because even though I like a lot about Vanilla better than the current state of the game, the real reason why I quit is because I don't wanna support blizzard anymore, not after the things they did
so why would I pay a sub for a game that's not even gonna receive any patches? then there is no justification for a sub in the first place
anybody who pays a sub for a game that doesn't even receive any patches is an idiot
>>
>>336112003
>as if there's a better and alternative MMO than vanilla
>>
>>336112072
MMOs are all shit
>>
>>336112003
>>336111508
There's a very low chance it even happens friends.

And if it does, there's no reason to NOT patch it. The problem is blizzard supposedly doesn't have the original vanilla source code. They would have to redo the whole game from scratch. That would fix alot of technical issues it had, but would it be worth it for them? Makes me wonder if they can somehow "mod" their current engine to make it feel like vanilla with all of its content. But again, that's alot of extra work for blizzard which is probably not worth it in the end.
>>
At this point I don't know what will happen, but if Legacy servers were released I would resubscribe
>>
>>336112127
>And if it does, there's no reason to NOT patch it.
they would never add additional content to vanilla, they would never produce content for two versions of the game, and they would basically have to create an alternate timeline for vanilla servers
>>
>>336112127
>The problem is blizzard supposedly doesn't have the original vanilla source code. They would have to redo the whole game from scratch. That would fix alot of technical issues it had, but would it be worth it for them?
nostalrius has the code
>>
>>336111508
No
been there, done that
simply don't have the hours anymore like back when I played vanilla
>>
>>336111853
It's all people who never played WoW and want to pretend they did "back in the day"
>>
>>336111853
progressive servers would be the best
the way nost original had it planned
>>
>>336112003
>FUCK BLIZZ FOR SHUTTING DOWN NOSTALRIUS
>Well, now we have real Legacy servers
>NO I WANT TO PLAY FOR FREE REEEEEE NOSTALRIUS WAS FREE I DON"T WANT TO PAY!!!!

Nostcucks everyone.
>>
I feel for the Nostalrius fags, I really do. But Wildstar has shown beyond a shadow of a doubt that the 2004 model of MMOs doesn't work anymore. The announcement is going to be "pristine" shit and nothing more.
>>
>>336112191
Then what's the point? Why pay to play on a server that will never get new content. Are Nostcucks really this retarded?
>>
>>336112230
It's an emulator code. It's completely different and isn't build like an actual wow server code. They most likely couldn't integrate it into battle.net. And even if they could, they wont because of security reasons and because it would be very bad practice.
>>
>>336112424
There are people that play on private vanilla servers for years and would continue playing on them, if private servers weren't so shit and unstable.
>>
>>336111508
I would pay for vanilla or TBC, nothing else though.

Certainly not "pristine"
>>
>>336111573
prepare for disappointment
>>
>>336112382
Wildstar was DOA because it sucked.
Nost kept its extremely high population for the entire year it existed, clearly there is a market for vanilla/tbc/wrath servers.
>>
>>336112560
>devs listen and offer to give you only what they feasibly can, removing all the things you faggots scream ruined the game and that removing them would help begin "fixing" it
>NOPE, STILL NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!

No wonder everyone fucking hates Nostcucks.
>>
>>336112367
I already paid for vanilla when I bought it and when I payed for my wow subscription for 7 years, why should I keep paying for a game that has no content added? the sole purpose of a subscription is to pay the developers for putting out content patches
otherwise there is no need for a sub
they already created the game and I payed for it
why have a sub?

and I don't even play WoW anymore, neither retail nor private server, nor do I play any MMO, I have moved on to good games

>>336112424
exactly
I wouldn't pay for it
but enough blizzdrones will

>>336112476
we might find out today
>>
>>336112382
>Wildstar
Was a piece of shit and not even close to as good as vanilla.
>>
>>336112107
>found the edgelord
>>
>>336112424
Nost had content updates though
>>
>>336112608
lel
>>
>>336111508
> subscribe and play
> subscribe

uh there is other reason why private server popular
>>
>>336112589
>Nost kept its extremely high population for the entire year it existed

Nosts population only grew in it's last 6 months, and ballooned heavily in it's final 2.

Fucking rewriting history to make your shit look better is pretty fucking pathetic.

Makes me REALLY hope all you get is Pristine servers and Blizz keeps shutting down any good Vanilla private server so you faggots can never play.

So insufferable.
>>
>>336112608
>you only what they feasibly can
Lies
>removing all the things
But its not
> that removing them would help begin "fixing" it
Its not a 'beginning' of fixing anything, its a finite alternative.

Modern WoW is too far gone from vanilla, they are completely different games now. Removing shit like the cash shop and LFG will not make modern WoW like vanilla.
>>
>>336112608
because it's not vanilla retard
people wanna play vanilla
besides, removing all the convenient things doesn't do anything when there are still servers that have these convenient things
you would just be crippling yourself for no reason
it's like telling people to do an iron man challenge if they find the game too easy
>>
>>336112659
Even ignoring that "le progression" servers aren't viable at large volumes, what happens when they hit Naxx content?
>>
>>336112648
sorry, did I burst your skinner box bubble?
>>
>>336112382
The problem with Wildstar was that the attunements were really stupid and they made it "hard" for the sake of being hard.

Vanilla's attunements were just "Do the content"
Wildstar's attunements were "Grind the content over and over for a few weeks"
>>
>>336111508
no
>>
>>336112676
Try only reason. Legacy servers are a fucking joke and would be even bigger ghost towns than live if they actually did them.
>>
>>336112608
>get cancer
>doctor gives you a wig and sends you on your way
Removing dungeon finder won't make dungeons any less of a braindead slog. The game's dogshit. If people wanted to play the same fucking game without a dungeon finder, they'd just not use the fucking dungeon finder.
>>
>>336112691
Not sure how 6k start isnt considered extremely high, you seem to be completely ignoring facts because you for some reason have a personal bias against Nost, which is very odd.
>>
File: worgenyes.gif (2 MB, 301x489) Image search: [Google]
worgenyes.gif
2 MB, 301x489
>>336111508

Probably not. If I want to take a WoW nostalgia trip, I'd need all my old guild mates back and they've all moved on, like me.

Sure, I could find a new guild but I'd probably just get annoyed at the QoL changes from later expansions are missing.

It would also have to be free.
>>
>>336112712
>besides, removing all the convenient things doesn't do anything
Then why do you faggots whine that LFD and CRZ ruined the game and they should remove them?
>>
Only if they charged 30 a month for legacy
>>
>>336112608
if they had two server types, one who gave you 1 million gold free with every character you create and one who doesn't, which one would you pick? you would be a retard to pick the server that doesn't, they would have to make it so that no server gives away free gold
besides people have their mains, you think they are gonna start over and abandon their guilds? the whole idea of pristine servers is retarded
>>
>>336111853
tbc was boring desu
>>
>>336112756
>Vanilla's attunements were just "Do the content"

Holy shit. Just more proof all these faggots never played Vanilla.

Sorry, Silithus War Efforts were not "do the content!!" they were "Grind the content over and over for a few weeks".

BC attunements were even fucking worse.
>>
>>336112476
This is the truth, it might not seem like it would be a hard thing to do because private servers already exist but there is a ton of work needed on bethesdas part to make it up to their own standard.
>>
>>336112867
>Silithus War Efforts
That wasn't even an attunement?
>>
>>336112803
>It would also have to be free.

Ahahahahahahahaha. Delusional children.
>>
In a

H E A R T B E A T
>>
>>336112823
because they should remove them everywhere, not create a new type of server where you can reroll
and even if they did that, the game would still need additional work to get fixed, it would just be a first step
>>
File: 1442985054339.png (216 KB, 441x553) Image search: [Google]
1442985054339.png
216 KB, 441x553
The only reason I want legacy realms announced is to see the Blizzcucks on the official forums and MMO-Champion literally on suicide watch.
>>
>>336112850
Which makes the idea of Legacy servers retarded as well. Why have two server types, one which it is easier to level, get gear, raid, get gold and has more content, and one that doesn't. Which one would people pick?

Fucking imbeciles.
>>
>>336111508
I didn't give a shit about a buggy/laggy unofficial server but an official, functional one... I might just play an mmo after a really long while...
>>
>>336112739
Yes they are. Nost had more active players than legit wow servers.
>>
>>336112938
Vanilla would also not have that stuff too, moron.
>>
>>336112970
but in legacy there is new content. Everyone who says they started in vanilla are lying.
>>
>>336112908
>"Grind the content over and over for a few weeks".

Also applies to Molten Core.
>>
>>336113019
>>336112970
because it's completely different content you retards
>>
>>336112970
>Which makes the idea of Legacy servers retarded as well

Modern "WoW" has nothing but the name in common with vanilla. They are two entire different games so your """argument""" doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>336113017
You'd have have to be delusional to think Blizzard would actually progress from patch to patch on a fucking legacy server.

Even if they did, what happens when they hit Naxx? What happens if they do the BC pre-patch? You keep ignoring this question.

>>336113058
See above.
>>
>>336111508
I'd consider it, I didn't even play on nost because fuck player run servers.
It would be a good way to kill time while waiting for Legion.
>>
File: kago.png (237 KB, 397x591) Image search: [Google]
kago.png
237 KB, 397x591
>>336112953
I dont understand why people keep saying that.
The people who play WoD now will play legion.Why would the current WoW players get angry on getting extra content in WoW??
Making Vanilla servers doesn't even take dev power away from making legion, they literally have to copy paste Nostalrius servers.

Blizzard wins the most here they can keep the legion players and get extra people who will pay the sub to play Vanilla WoW.

What am I missing here in this whole story?
>>
>>336113119
>unironically waiting for Legion

Am I getting memed or what
>>
>>336112584
I'm used to it after BnS.
>>
>>336111508
Depends on the patch that they would bring the game back in. Anything other than the final quarter before TBC and it's a no sell.
>>
>>336113070
>>336113093
But modern WoW is easier. You just said you'd have to be a retard to pick the server without the perks.

You're literally backpedaling on your own argument. Any argument against Pristine servers could be used against Legacy. The only difference is YOU PERSONALLY like older WoW better.

This is why no one takes you people seriously.
>>
>>336111508
>would you subscribe
no, fuck blizzjews
>>
File: aPhSU2u.png (94 KB, 1494x619) Image search: [Google]
aPhSU2u.png
94 KB, 1494x619
>>336113139
>Why would the current WoW players get angry on getting extra content in WoW??

You need to keep in mind these people kept their subs active over the entire last year. They hate new content, I can't tell you why because I'm not a Blizzcuck myself but that's how it is.
>>
>>336113225
>But modern WoW is easier. You just said you'd have to be a retard to pick the server without the perks.
when given 2 identical games yes
>>
>>336113225
>The only difference is YOU PERSONALLY like older WoW better.
We have evidence people play vanilla, people play modern, and no evidence anyone wants to play pristine

Your "argument" has literally nothing to stand on
>>
>>336111508
I'd play on legacy servers. Hopefully this time around they would patch shit and balance classes/talents better and also add new content. There are a lot of possibilities for further content that was never explored in vanilla aka Hyjal, Grim Batol, Karazhan, etc
>>
>>336111853

How about every expac?

Vanilla, TBC and WotLK?

Which would you choose to play on /v/?
>>
>>336113154
if you can find a mmo currently out that is less shit that my friends will play, be my guest
>>
>>336113225
It's a different game. It's like

>why would anyone play europa universalis 5 if you can play farmville instead?

See how retarded you sound? And now hang yourself cuck.
>>
>>336111508
No, but if they made WoW f2p I'd probably play it again. I started in 2.1, which wasn't Vanilla, but I played enough of old WoW both on live and private servers to know I don't care.

If the game is already at the quality of shitty free 2 play games, they might as well just make it f2p. The popularity of Nost pretty much showed people would be willing to play WoW for free more than it did anything else.
>>
>>336113225
It's not about what's easy. Why are you so convinced of that?
>>
>>336113397
WoW is f2p. You log in and do garrison mission twice a week and you make more than enough gold to pay for a month.
>>
>>336111508
Yes, I don't want to spent money on Legion alone, but if they throw free vanilla nostalgia into the mix I'm willing to give it a go
>>
>>336113280
I dont know maybe I getting too old, I am 31 and I usually play now only a few hours a weel games but I loved raiding in Vanilla and we even managed to kill some naxx bosses, the friends I have who still play WoW are all pretty much 30 to 40 and they usually just play a few hours a week too and no 1 of them is angry about getting vanilla servers.

I mean the only cucks are literally the people who will pay a sub fee to a game that came out 12 years ago to exp the same thing, in the end Blizzard is probably laughing on the way to the bank.
>>
File: 1461852716285.jpg (22 KB, 599x223) Image search: [Google]
1461852716285.jpg
22 KB, 599x223
>>336113370
Depends. Do you and your friends mind waiting in queues?
>>
>>336113225
>But modern WoW is easier.

It really depends on what part of the game you are talking about.

Mythic raiding on retail is way harder than raiding in Vanilla, and the reason raiding was perceived as hard in Vanilla at all is because back then most people were shit players.

But the rest of the game is quite clearly "harder" as in, everything is more tedious and requires more time, like leveling your character and leveling professions etc.

The irony is that, in spite of Vanilla WoW being cruder than retail, and having less quality of life improvements, it's still a better game, which says something about the developers.
>>
>>336113225
>But modern WoW is easier
Which makes it shit.
>>
>>336113283
>>336113346
>>336113380
>le 2 different games!!

They're both World of Warcraft. One is with 6 expansion packs on it, the other is without.

One is World of Warcraft with LFD, CRZ, Heirlooms, RAF and XP boosts, the other without.

In both cases it's literally the same game with content added later stripped away. Arbitrarily defining them as separate games because it suits your argument is incredibly retarded.

You want World of Warcraft, a game that currently exists, rolled back to remove features that have been added. The volume of features doesn't change that it's still World of Warcraft even if you liked the old game better.

This is why everyone attributes you to whiney children, because you operate under the intentionally obtuse line of thinking equatable to a fucking child.
>>
Why the fuck would anyone want vanilla?
Most of the classes sucked, and anyone who actually cares about the game would have already played through 95% of the content.

Pristine servers would be literally perfect.
>>
File: 0021.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
0021.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
>>336113107
You keep changing your point

>High volume will never work
Actually it will, here's a real world example doing exactly that
>NO YOU'RE WRONG...

Grow the fuck up man. I'm done with you and this thread.
>>
They claim vanilla is worse than current WoW. So, they shouldn't charge 15/mo because in their eyes you would be paying the same for the inferior product.

Who am I kidding it's fucking blizzard.
>>
>>336113556
No offense, but maybe you should consider suicide
>>
>>336113559
It's nostalgic manchildren, nothing else.
>>
>>336113556
By your shitty logic no one would want modern WoW because Vanilla is modern WoW and therefore never should have gotten any updates because it would just be 'same game with different content'

You're a moron, end yourself.
>>
>>336113380
>comparing two different games to the same MMO only with 10 years of updates

It's World of fucking Warcraft. The same core systems from launch are still there, they've just added and updated. Jesus fucking christ.
>>
>>336111508
>If wow legacy servers actually hit
Would never happen, retard
>>
>>336113441
Because the argument against pristine servers was literally that "it'd be retarded because an easier version would exist!!"

Maybe follow the conversation chain before commenting. The numbers after the >> link to the previous posts. Hope this helped!
>>
>>336113634
>>336113556
>Well I dont like vanilla so obviously you dont either!
Holy shit are you convinced of your own self righteous bullshit.
>>
>>336111853
TBC Wasn't as exciting vanilla, and the world wasn't made with the same kind of passion and humour.
>>
>>336113634
>It's World of fucking Warcraft. The same core systems from launch are still there

Just like the original Dungeon Keeper is the very same game as Dungeon Keeper on iOS. They just added content and updated it. :^)
>>
>>336113551
I didn't argue against that. This entire line of conversation started by the Nostcuck dismissing Pristine servers because it'd be retarded to have a version of the game that's less convenient while a convenient version exists.

Which is a strong argument against vanilla servers, since five expansions of content has also brought a retarded level of convenience nobody even bothers doing anything out in the world.
>>
>>336113739
No he didnt, he pointed how out stupid you sounded and you moved the goalposts to save face.

You are wrong, get over it.
>>
>>336113691
I never said I didn't like vanilla. Maybe you could stop samefagging for the 86 seconds to make another post and realize your reason for dismissing Pristine servers is equatable to dismissing vanilla, and that maybe your original argument was retarded.

>>336113735
>completely new game built from scratch on a new codebase

Okay, little obtuse child. Obtusely forcing analgoies isn't going to help make your original one look any better.
>>
Who wants to bet the real reason they won't do it is because they are fucking retards and lost the old server's source code in the merging with Activision ?
>>
>>336113848
>your reason for dismissing Pristine servers is equatable to dismissing vanilla
I dont even know why you are taking about this because its utterly irrelevant, you claimed modern WoW and vanilla were the same, you're an idiot.

End of discussion.
>>
>>336113621
Isn't that what you faggots are already saying? Modern sucks and nobody wants it as declining subs show. People want vanilla before it got any updates, that's why you want vanilla.

You want it without all the things that ruined it.
>>
>>336113918
The things that ruined WoW are the things that pristine would remove.
>>
Whats the difference between legacy server and a pristine server?
>>
>>336113942

Such as class homogenization and shitty lore/storytelling?
>>
File: 1461050343940.jpg (189 KB, 923x679) Image search: [Google]
1461050343940.jpg
189 KB, 923x679
>Legion is going to save wow!

LMAO, can't make this up
>>
I'd probably play legacy servers just so there'd be something to actually do instead of sitting around waiting for garrison/hall queues. At the same time, I think there'd be a ton of people like me who aren't really serious about progression cluttering up the servers because pretty much everyone is going to make at least one character just for the novelty of it. So it's a mixed bag. It's also never going to happen though.
>>
>>336113970
Pristine is
>In essence that would turn off all leveling acceleration including character transfers, heirloom gear, character boosts, Recruit-A-Friend bonuses, WoW Token, and access to cross realm zones, as well as group finder
Vanilla is literally old wow.
>>
>>336113970
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM40cK5tu7w

>b-but it's the same game! ;_;
Yeah, it's really not. Nobody wants Legion/WoD/Pristine.
>>
>>336114027
>Class Hall Missions
>not Follower Missions

See guys? It's not a garrison at all. :^)
>>
I'd pay for a buy in to Legacy Servers and maintain a subscription for them. As a side note even if that sub worked for legacy and retail and I'd only play Legacy.
>>
>>336113556
Yeah and van halen with david lee roth and sammy hagar are the same band.

>>336113556
>literally the same game
>i am completely retarded and 15 years old

Just because it has the same name doesn't mean it's the same game. You are hopelessly retarded or just trolling.

All the original wow team is gone and blizzard is now activision blizzard. The main designers left after 3.1, ulduar, to work on Titan and the company now in charge, activision, is without a doubt the worst cancer on the video game industry. That's why the game suffered such a huge drop off in quality.

WoW is just a soulless cash grab with no innovation left, making all the wrong moves, and cashing in on a familiar name.
>>
File: laughing elf man.gif (1 MB, 460x258) Image search: [Google]
laughing elf man.gif
1 MB, 460x258
>>336113805
>>336113891
>you moved the goalposts to save face.
Except you can literally move up the chain of the conversation through 4chan's built in quoting system.

My first post in this entire thread is pointing out people are retarded for Blizzard giving you a feasible compromise, and while you don't have to like it, the first poster dismissed it in the most retarded way possible because his reasoning are 1:1 applicable to Legacy servers.

You are the only posters who've moved goalposts, trying to argue World of Warcraft and World of Warcraft are different games, bringing up shit like Farmville and Dungeon Keeper, insisting I hate vanilla.

>>336112850
>if they had two server types, one who gave you 1 million gold free with every character you create and one who doesn't, which one would you pick? you would be a retard to pick the server that doesn't, they would have to make it so that no server gives away free gold
>besides people have their mains, you think they are gonna start over and abandon their guilds? the whole idea of pristine servers is retarded

Instead you keep spouting around ad hominids and telling me to kill myself, again, like a child, because you prefer a version of WoW and dismiss the version they offer for extremely contrived and forced reason you had to come up with to justify it, oblivious that it undermines your argument for Legacy servers.
>>
The only patches the legacy server should receive are minor bugfixes from its implementation, or progressive ones. Anything else makes it not Vanilla/TBC/WoTLK etc anymore.
>>
>>336111508
>pristine realm bullshit?

I dont see whats bs about it :)
>>
>>336114193
Just because you don't know how game development works doesn't mean it's not the same game. It's World of Warcraft. Every expansion and patch has built on and updated the same codebase on the same engine.

This doesn't even work for games like Half-life 2, which has changed engines twice now through updates, rendering old mods unusable.

By your same retarded logic, Legacy servers wouldn't be the same game too, because they wouldn't be made by the same developers, and as far as Nostalrius, not even by the company who owns the game.
>>
>>336112803
we will take your posting in this thread as a big fat "yes"
>>
No, I played Vanilla already and I can recognize what that was good about it can't be recaptured simply by replaying it, the community and the fresh experience are gone forever. All a Vanilla server today will do is transplant the shitty community into a shittier version of the game, no thanks.
>>
>>336114145
>demonstrably not the same system on live alpha
>b-but the UI is the same!!!

Can't make this stuff up.
>>
Pristine servers sound cool to me and yes I would subscribe if they did anything to bring back old WoW without bullshit like LFG.
>>
>>336114256
This. Removes all the bad things in WoW. If only they removed world portals to it'd be perfect.
>>
>>336111508
Only if its TBC.
I would be so ready to play the Auction House again.
>>
The only thing I'd want back is RIFT during Storm Legion. Pretty much had the good aspects of WoW along with their own mix.
>>
>>336111508
Of course not. I mean I'm still going to complain if they dont roll them out for as long as needed but once they do... play it? Haha no
>>
>>336114081
If you want to spam your AoE spells in a zerg you can go do that in Ashran
>>
File: 1462080957426.jpg (25 KB, 221x244) Image search: [Google]
1462080957426.jpg
25 KB, 221x244
>>336114297
>I am literally a retarded troll

Same game. Even though the management is totally different, designers are totally different, and those in charge of creating the content are totally different.

What a fucking troll piece of shit
>>
>>336111508
Mark my words blizzard is going to miss this chance to make some more money and instead they're gonna push for pristine servers nobody asked for.
>>
>>336114413
Stop shilling you faggot. Pristine servers is the worst bullshit compromise they have come up with, and it wouldn't make the game better at all, it's literally a "Remove all the quality of life additions"- version of WoW, which is not what the fuck this is about at all.
>>
>>336114330
This. The only good things about Vanilla where that it was a new experience, an unexplored world that we all got to experience together.

It's very clear the majority of Nost's userbase were people who never got to experience old WoW, which isn't bad.

It's where I see the value in Legacy servers, because it allows them to experience something they missed out on.

I would not personally ever resub to WoW at this point, but I think they should definitely make the servers so Nost players and others who never got to experience old WoW can, but I understand at the same time it's not necessarily viable. Hopefully the announcement tomorrow is something cool, but I frankly do not see many Nost players actually paying monthly to play.
>>
>>336114297
>same engine means it is the same game

I don't even
>>
DESU I'd still enjoy a LFD for the vanilla only so I can skip waiting for hours for a fucking tank. Just have it pull from the server population so you still have to have a reputation. Then again, that could still have the same issue of tanks not doing shit at all.
>>
>>336114330
>shitty community

Rise of the internet: invasion of the normies.

Early 2000's was still a decent time for the internet.
>>
>>336114539
>"Remove all the quality of life additions"- version of WoW
What the fuck do you think legacy servers are?
>>
>>336111508

no I'm tired of your vanilla server cries furthermore I never managed to donate a single penny to blizzard so fuck you
>>
>>336113358
>TBC
was only good for the frist 4 months and the leveling was total ass
>WotLK
shit from the start
>>
>>336114606
It being the same game means it's the same game. It's literally World of Warcraft, the same code it's had since launch, with revisions and updates and expansion packs.

And once again, you're the only one moving goalposts. In an attempt to say World of Warcraft is not World of Warcraft.
>>
>>336111508
Nope. Don't play wow anyways but I hope it never happens. You faggots have been so collectively awful I originally thought it was just ironic shitposting and falseflagging, but as the weeks have gone on and more and more threads of this caliber have been made, it's very clear you're 100% sincere.
>>
>>336111508
Subscribe to a legacy server? If I can subscribe independently of the live retail version, I'd expect it to be a lower cost, as there won't be updates or patches. I'd also consider it they had a small one-time charge in order to access it.
>>
>>336111508
I´ll even buy legion if that means i can play legacy again. Blizzard loves money. They should just do it.
>>
What does "pristine server" mean?
>>
>>336114680
>What the fuck do you think legacy servers are?
A better game tbqh
>>
>>336114680
NOT that. That's for sure.

Do you really think anyone is going to accept leveling from 1-110 without heirlooms, when they can literally start a character on a normal server and not deal with that shit?

Seriously kill yourself.
>>
File: overflopp.jpg (17 KB, 159x247) Image search: [Google]
overflopp.jpg
17 KB, 159x247
Just a friendly reminder. How good these
Neoblizzard games are going.
>>
>>336114842
Twitch streams aren't worth a damn in terms of success.
>>
File: 1443529718122.png (29 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1443529718122.png
29 KB, 633x758
>>336114842
FUCKING DELETE THIS
>>
>>336114904
lol
>>
>>336114842
No one can actually play overwatch right now, all the servers are down.
>>
>>336114820
Do you think people are going to accept levelling 1-60 and then getting geared up and attuned for raids when it takes up to a month, when you can literally start a character on a normal server and not deal with that shit?

And have more content, shared mounts and pets, more battlegrounds?

And just queue for raids and get raid gear for literally doing nothing?

Seriously kill yourself.
>>
File: 1456641754064.png (52 KB, 420x289) Image search: [Google]
1456641754064.png
52 KB, 420x289
>>336114728
is this how actual legit autism looks like?
>>
File: 1461742695889.gif (2 MB, 624x335) Image search: [Google]
1461742695889.gif
2 MB, 624x335
>>336114297

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAp-TzqWdks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK2uTtuI84w

>IT'S THE SAME THING THEY ARE USING THE SAME INSTRUMENT
>>
File: Wow-64 2016-04-24 23-46-28-40.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Wow-64 2016-04-24 23-46-28-40.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
already subscribed, doubt if i'd play on pristine servers tho.

i already have enough fun on this regular stuff
>>
>>336114952
If you think some nobodies streaming games is a sign of success, you are either trolling or brain damaged.

The only real way to tell how successful the game will be is to look at the sales numbers and how many people are still playing after a length of time.
>>
>>336111508

Fuck no. Vanilla was extremely tedious and unbalanced grind with very simplistic gameplay for most classes. I don't get why people clamor back to it, yes modern WoW is shit but that doesn't mean vanilla is worth playing either.

Just because some nostalgiafags clamor for it doesn't mean vanilla servers would be the second coming or anything.
>>
>>336115008
Absolutely. Because the game itself was better.

In a retail pristine server you would literally be leveling from 1-110 in order to play a browser in your Class Hall.
>>
Why the fuck would anybody buy Legion or pay a sub for WoD if you could play Vanilla/TBC/WOTLK instead?

Blizzard would be pretty dumb to set up legacy realms.
>>
>>336114728
>Moving goalposts
>I am retarded
>I am 15
>SAME ENGINE SAME GAME EVEN THOUGH THE ENTIRE DEV TEAM HAS CHANGED
>>
>>336114796
Its a server without all the boosted Exp and Rep rates that Blizzard has applied over the years. It would also not include cross realm zones, heirloom gear, and other modifications beyond what was available to players initially.
>>
File: 1447689721145.jpg (30 KB, 720x438) Image search: [Google]
1447689721145.jpg
30 KB, 720x438
>>336115008
>12,000 people playing daily on vanilla private server
>meanwhile official servers are barren wasteland devoted of people even with cross realms enabled
>>
>>336115041
lol
>>
File: BustaHUEHUE.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
BustaHUEHUE.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>336115180
>devoted of people
>>
>>336114796
Everyone basically agrees LFR, dungeon finder, cross-realm zoning, heirlooms making leveling piss easy and boring, the scrunched levelling experience making it incredibly fast so you spend too long in a single zone, the ability to buy tokens for gold have ruined the game. People regularly say removing these would be the right step to fixing WoW.

So Pristine servers would be servers without all those things. You would not be able to instantly pop into easy mindless raids and get better gear. You would have to interact with the community to get groups for dungeons and physically go to them to do them, like the good old days. You would not have people from other zones popping in and ganking/stealing shit then never being seen again. You would have to collect and replaced and repair gear, not having free heirlooms that also give you exp bonuses. You would have a leveling experience that was no artificially squished to be faster, so you'd actually have to do world content and questing in entire zones before moving on, and you could no longer drop 20 bucks for a WoW token which you could sell for gold.

That's what pristine servers would be.
>>
>>336115137
>>SAME ENGINE SAME GAME EVEN THOUGH THE ENTIRE DEV TEAM HAS CHANGED

Yet you conveniently ignored that any Legacy servers would not be the same game by your asinine logic, as new dev team would have to make them.

It's the same game because it's literally the same game. They have added and changed content.

Pointing out the codebase and engine was to a point because you began equating Grand Strategy Games to Farmville.

You continuously shout that I'm moving goal posts despite my argument staying the same, and you continue to be the only one bouncing around. You continuously shout it's a different game because you say so, and ignore any holes in your reasoning only to move on to a new one. You continuously just call people names, and focus on whichever part of my response you can move the goalpost to and scream about now.

That's why we're on engines and dev teams, because you brought them up. You can't just move a goalpost and then declare someone else is because they respond to your new topic.
>>
>>336115180
>12,000 people playing daily on vanilla private server

Last I checked there was zero.
>>
>>336115449
Yeah, because your bosses shut it down you shill fag.
>>
File: 1445026057653.jpg (49 KB, 600x718) Image search: [Google]
1445026057653.jpg
49 KB, 600x718
>>336115449
>first Nost stole the IP
>and now they stole the WoD playerbase

IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR

THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT
>>
>>336112867
War Effort could literally be done by somebody else and you wouldn't have to lift a finger.

Entrance to Molten Core only required that you got close to the end of Blackrock Depths. Unlocking Ragnaros only required you to get sufficient reputation which practically meant you couldn't see him the first week or two. Then it was only a matter of doing the questline for the water.

Blackwing Lair only required you to kill a mob to get a quest to clear Upper Blackrock Spire.

Naxxramas required you to be Honored with Argent Dawn and to pay a fee. The fee got cheaper at Revered and free at Exalted. It was easy as shit to get Honored if you just played the game for a decent amount of time before Naxxramas came out, but there were still catchup mechanics implemented with the Scourge Invasion event.

Only Onyxia was tedious at worst but the first time it was more like an epic questline than anything.
>>
How about seasonal servers re-doing old expansions at a quicker pace, 6 months per xpac?

Basically something like this:

>Server 1 starts in Vanilla, stays there for 6 months
>After 6 months the Vanilla server ups to TBC and stays there for another 6 months
>At the same time Server 2 starts Vanilla and stays there for six months

Basically, every 6 months or so each of the "seasonal" servers goes up an expansion and a new server takes their place. That way everyone at any point can play any expansion they want, and once their server moves up a tier, they can either continue there with their character or drop down a tier and start over.

When the seasonal server catches up with the regular one, merge them together.

What are your thoughts/opinions on this? It could be more/less than 6 months but it's the concept that matters.
>>
>>336115041
>links videos showcasing people playing music
>still can't explain how World of Warcraft isn't World of Warcraft

Why don't you use a food analogy while you're at it.
>>
>>336115596
Sounds fucking stupid
>>
>>336115586
>The fee got cheaper at Revered and free at Exalted
>Then it was only a matter of doing the questline for the water.
Yeah, I know you just looked it up on Wowpedia because they probably didn't bother mentioning how long these things took.
>>
I would sunk my life on it.
>>
>>336115645
Wouldn't that please everyone in the sense they could play any expansion they want and experience the progression?
>>
>>336115596
I see you Nostcucks suggest this when people point out the lack of content while paying for a monthly sub, and it kind of defeats the purpose.

Why go through all the shit we already went through and reach where we're already at, when we already know how everything was?
>>
>>336115586
>Only Onyxia was tedious at worst

I remember doing it on Nost. Took me little over an hour and I did this while I ran BRD anyway for EXP.
>>
>>336115180
>more people play on a free server
>than paying monthly for a server with nothing to do

you don't say. well clearly, they'll pay to play on a server with even less to do once they hit max level and finish all the available raid tiers.
>>
>>336114718
>leveling was total ass
You mean worse than vanilla? It had sensible quest hubs, 1 or more instance per level and pretty good new starting zones added.
>>
>>336112424
Yes. They're making unsustainable promises in terms of play and consistency that they won't be able to keep; furthermore they'll also eventually start DEMANDING BC/WotLK servers when they get bored with vanilla. The cycle writes itself, really.
>>
>>336114651
Eternal September
>>
>>336115701
I've never played on Nostalrius and I don't really give a shit about Vanilla, but I never experienced TBC/WotLK and they look fun, except private servers suck.
>>
>>336115596
6 months is far too short a time frame for it and only the real hardcore players would be attracted to servers that had rapid content additions and very little time to make progression before the entire thing reset.

The way the servers should be handled has been discussed ad infinitum and the conclusion most people agree with is that a progressive server like the way Nost was handling it would be the best approach. That would mean starting at 1.0 and releasing major content patches a few months after the last and then rolling over or giving the players the choice to transfer over to BC servers a few months after Naxx drops.
>>
>>336115701
>Why go through all the shit we already went through

Because people want to replay the older content and relive the glory days? Why is it so hard to wrap your head around that? People replay old games all the fucking time.
>>
File: 1779.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1779.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>>336115701
>Why play Final Fantasy 6 when you can play Final Fantasy 13 man, I MEAN COME ON, ITS 2016 MAN!
>>
>>336113280
they don't 'hate' new content, that's a stupid confabulation. they obviously enjoy a portion of the new, despite the new becoming repetitive. they have an entire 6 or so games to play through in terms of content. yes, most of it is trivialized, but there's always something to see for them. what's the nostcuck excuse? vanilla will eventually die, retail will continue getting updates and expansions. YOU are the one that hates new content, and don't even try to spin it otherwise, part of the nostcuck credo is how much they hate new WoW.
>>
>>336115659
The questline for the water was literally

>Kill these mobs in that zone over there, and then these other mobs in that zone all the way on the other side of the world. Might take you an hour or so.
>Now, kill some mobs in Molten Core.
>Now, loot the hands from these four bosses in Molten Core.
>Do you have sufficient reputation yet? You do? Splendid! Here's your water to douse the runes! Go knock yourself out kid.

And how can you even refute that the fee to enter Naxxramas got cheaper when you got more reputiation? It is simple fact. It was also very easy to get reputation since you only had to farm Stratholme or Scholomance a couple of times at worst. Only getting exalted was a bitch because you stopped getting reputation from monster kills at revered and had to rely on Scourgestone turn ins.

Maybe you didn't actually do it yourself?
>>
>>336113556
>>336114193
>>336114297
>>336115602
Those people are playing the same instrument but they are playing it differently. Just because they have the same instrument doesn't mean they play the same music or play as well as each other.

Just like how WoW is the same engine, but it is being used totally differently by a different set of people.

"WoW is a different game" doesn't mean it is on a different engine. It means it is being handled by totally different people who are terrible at handling it.

I'm still not sure if you're a shill, retard, or a troll.
>>
The best option would be vanilla WoW with brand new content patches because they have to update it somehow. You can't just keep playing the same game after Naxx.

This is unrealistic for Blizzard because it means people wouldn't buy their new expansion pack and it's just fucking messy from a development point of view. If you're a developer you'll understand why they would never do this.

I think it will be some sort of pristine server and honestly that's pretty fucking cool if the solo PvE content is harder and you get unique rewards for playing it.
>>
File: 1429914815377.jpg (19 KB, 334x393) Image search: [Google]
1429914815377.jpg
19 KB, 334x393
>>336116086
>vanilla will eventually die, retail will continue getting updates and expansions

What's the problem then? If it's destined to be like that why are you bothered that people want Vanilla? Let them do their thing and if they get bored and the game dies so be it. You don't have a fucking horse in this race, why are you beating your chest so much?

>part of the nostcuck credo is how much they hate new WoW

Oh man wanting to play an old game makes you an internet hate machine, who would have thought?
>>
File: activision blizzard .jpg (61 KB, 1229x722) Image search: [Google]
activision blizzard .jpg
61 KB, 1229x722
>>336115602
Do you understand analogies
>>
>>336116279
>The best option would be vanilla WoW with brand new content patches because they have to update it somehow

If it's going to be a progression server then the content updates are sorted for the next 2 years and they could then carry on into BC. One of the pillars of wanting old WoW is that people don't want to play what Blizzard has to offer these days, why would people then ask Blizzard to make new content? Does not compute.
>>
>>336116304
i'm not really bothered, just perplexed as to why there's signed promises rolling around concerning a guarantee that players and streamers willingly chain themselves to a game just to see it brought back and then fade into obscurity. it's going to be like nostalrius all over again; novelty will prick at people's curiosity for a few months, then it'll be next to empty. i played on nost, i saw it happen, sure bringing it in through official mediums will give it more exposure, but the crowd that it'll bring in most certainly won't settle for a game that's never going to receive any updates.

and don't play coy, i'm not harping on your desire to play an old game, just correcting your statement that current players hate new content when they obviously don't.
>>
>>336116319
hurr durr how do worms have anything to do with video games
>>
>>336113280
Please explain what these numbers mean
>>
>>336116481
>it's going to be like nostalrius all over again; novelty will prick at people's curiosity for a few months
Except that didnt happen with Nost at all, it was still growing before Blizzard killed it

Well done killing your own argument
>>
>>336116481
>it's going to be like nostalrius all over again; novelty will prick at people's curiosity for a few months, then it'll be next to empty. i played on nost, i saw it happen

But the server kept growing until Blizzard shut it down? Why would your anecdote disprove facts?

>but the crowd that it'll bring in most certainly won't settle for a game that's never going to receive any updates.

The crowd it will bring back is the crowd of people that want to play Vanilla WoW, why would people who want to play Vanilla be upset that there wouldn't be updates after Naxx? That's what they want.

>just correcting your statement that current players hate new content when they obviously don't.

I never said that.
>>
>>336116540
>autism speaks
>goal posts

Blizzard was a delicious piece of robust, high quality fruit.

A parasitic worm called activision spotted this piece of fruit and burrowed its way inside.

The fruit is now rotten to the core and its essence has been eaten by the worm that is activision.

The rotten fruit still stands and is now called activision blizzard.
>>
>>336116590
The numbers are "days until the next big content patch".

Wod got literally one content patch. People are running the same raid for over a year now
>>
File: pls_uninstall.gif (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
pls_uninstall.gif
3 MB, 480x270
>>336116058
>Why play Final Fantasy XI when you can play Final Fantasy XIV man, I MEAN COME ON, ITS 2016 MAN!
>>
>>336116428
>Already setting the foundation for demanding BC servers

wew lad, you people are so predictable.
>>
>>336116540
>he doesn't understand analogies
>>
>>336114193
You can not compare the main raids with how it works these days due the catch up mechanic. They removed progression with the introduction of welfare raid gear from doing easy 5mans in wotlk and killed it off with the LFR, turning it into major patch episodes people can tune in, do the same raid over and over, then unsub until a new patch comes out.
I have to remind that They released black temple in tbc when NOBODY in the world was even able to enter it due the pre quest of it requiring killing kael'thas from the previous tier, this is how fast they created content and for the past 3 years they just let people rot in one raid and don't give a fuck
>>
>>336116598
if you're really going to believe infographics released by the nost team, a team that was getting rich off donations and would benefit by incentivizing players to donate, you are sadly mistaken. the game was plagued with farmers and bots, and no more than 4-5k active players at peak hours.
>>
>>336116780

Listen kid, I know that its nice to believe that your beloved company is still good at heart and that its just that evuhl activision ruining it, but all of the shitty aspects of WoW today are the continuation of features that were already implemented before the merger. Your hero Mark Kern himself has said that Activision allows Blizzard great amounts of autonomy and that Blizzard mostly runs itself. It's not Activision thats to blame for Blizzards shitrun ever since TBC. It's the devs themselves.
>>
>>336116847
>demanding

Why do you have to twist my words? If the servers bomb Blizzard are well within their rights to stop at Naxx but personally I think there will be a good amount of players, why would Blizzard not want to keep their players paying for a sub by adding BC?
>>
File: woof.jpg (30 KB, 323x306) Image search: [Google]
woof.jpg
30 KB, 323x306
>MFW watching people on Leddit, WoW forums, and 4chan get angry about Legacy Servers

We didn't start this war you cucks. We were perfectly content playing on our Frog Server with Chinese Spambots

Blame Blizzard for smelling blood in the water and shutting down Nost to make Legacy servers.
>>
>>336116901
>words
What the fuck are you on about?
>>
probably, although i highly doubt it will be done before legion

tried kronos, got to level 14 and had a bit of fun. then i tried pvp and it was fucking terrible so i didnt bother
>>
File: 1460652605373.jpg (8 KB, 256x197) Image search: [Google]
1460652605373.jpg
8 KB, 256x197
>>336112382
WildStar had nothing to with 'before 2005', classic or something else.

It was just a worse modern mmorpg with raid attunement
>>
>>336111508
nah paladins were pretty shit
>>
>>336116963
>activision takes over blizzard
>original wow dev team changes within 6 months
>titan gets scrapped

D-don't blame activision
>>
>>336111508
I have never played WoW but I refuse to believe that the majority of people who played on Nostalrius are actually willing to pay a monthly subscription fee for an outdated version of the same game.
People want vanilla WoW but they sure as hell don't want to pay for it.
>>
>>336111508

Is that tomorrow US or EU time?
>>
>>336117018
The frequency of content releases is only half the truth about how much it sucks now. I was just explaining that the participation was in high end raids much lower, because they did not let people skip it, so they are more busy to progress through the whole game. A new players could think, they released naxx, so everyone was running in there, when in reality only 1% even entered it
>>
it's impossible to have an honest discussion with nostcucks, they conceal themselves under layers of naivete and withdrawal the moment you confront them with an obvious truth. they act like children and that's exactly what blizzard will be catering to, sad state of affairs really. these threads always prove how ridiculously fickle that 'community' is.
>>
>>336117103

Yeah, and all the new projects that the "original" dev team ended up participating in were massive failures and sucked hard. Classic WoW was a one trick pony, whose success was probably more the result of luck than any conscious design decisions made by the team. TBC was just vanilla slightly more casualized, although it was still at a point where it was an enjoyable game. Wrath was just the logical continuation of TBCs casualizations, post-Launch Cata was the continuation of Wraths casualizations, etc.

Just accept that your beloved childhood hero Blizzard was never as great as you might like to think and move on.
>>
>>336117103
WoW is shit ever since Rob Pardo, Jeff Kaplan, and Tom Chilton left during Wrath of the Lich King to go to Titan.
>>
File: 1437355714394.jpg (222 KB, 748x543) Image search: [Google]
1437355714394.jpg
222 KB, 748x543
>>336117312
>I got blown out and don't have counter-arguments to any of these points so instead I'll throw my toys out of the pram and go on an ad hominem rant
>>
>>336117321
Classic WoW gave the illusion of content excess because both Vanilla and BC were patchwork games built on discarded ideas that never made it to launch. Of course your average nostcuck only remembers the exotic aspect of the experience because they were no older than 10-13 when they were a part of it, in reality that's what they want to return to.
>>
subscribe? No. I'd pay gold for wow tokens to play though. I'd get a chink buddy of mine to sell me enough gold for a couple tokens, work it off by shilling his shit on gamefaqs and other sites, then play and work my way to a stable self-sustaining subscription.

Or just not play because wow is for fags, and i'm not gonna pay to play an OLD version of the game with LESS people. The only reason I liked vanilla and TBC was the community which doesn't play anymore. It has no value to me.
>>
The announcement will probably just be that they will consult with Blizzard on their "pristine" servers. Blizzard has been pretty adamant that actually resurrecting vanilla would take a great deal of work.
>>
>>336116428

Their new content isn't bad. It's the game systems around the content that are bad such as easy questing and LFG. Those game systems are usually changed on an expansion-pack basis, not a patch basis.

Raiding and dungeons are as good as they have ever been (although I liked having to use CC in dungeons). PvP will probably be the best its ever been in Legion.
>>
>>336117321
Titan was scrapped because it was too risky and activision wasn't sure it would rake in cash like a moba + tf2 clone
>>
>>336117387
nah i answered, i don't know what you didn't understand specifically, but that's on you. if you want to keep defending a shitty cashgrab by both nost jewish admins and blizzard, then go ahead, reason is beyond you people.
>>
>>336116972
This. Do a Vanilla server as an experiment to see if it is profitable. If it is either eventually upgrade it to BC or make a separate BC server with a reduced cost transfer character option if you gotta get dem micropayments in.
>>
>>336117424
>Blizzard has been pretty adamant that actually resurrecting vanilla would take a great deal of work.

Which is bullshit, because the Nost team managed to do it on their spare time, for no pay, and were extremely few people, and didn't have a billion dollar corporation behind their back.

It's not that they can't do it, it's just that they won't.
>>
>>336117321
Not that guy, but I would not call tbc more casual, it actually has much more pure grind than vanilla has in terms of reputation and professions. It's just more streamlined and more of a game than an warcraft simulator.
I was yesterday playing some tbc heroics and normal trash mobs needing to be cc'ed or they hit me for 5k crits on my buffed 7k health pool is not what I call casual.
>>
>>336117415

Nostcucks are retarded and annoying, but I think its stupid to say that Classic WoW was not much better than WoD.
>>
>>336117571
It would be admitting that recent expansions are failures that have ruined the core game and changed the experience entirely.
>>
Will Legacy servers fix rogues? The most nerfed class in the game?
>>
>>336117590
>It's just more streamlined and more of a game than an warcraft simulator

A Warcraft simulator is all we ever wanted. We never wanted WoW to be anthing more. Or anthing else for that matter.
>>
>>336111508
I would pay for a time machine to go back to the 2004 launch with the original community and lack of datamining / wowhead.
>>
>>336117387
Did you quote the wrong post friend?
>>
>>336117474
>jewish admins running a private server which lost money for the entire duration of it's existence
>apparently it's jewish to run something for a community while eating your own wallet away
>>
>>336117701
>moving goalposts

stop moving goalposts
>>
>>336117668
>It would be admitting that recent expansions are failures that have ruined the core game and changed the experience entirely.

Exactly, so it's more about Blizzard's ego than it really is about any technical difficulties.
>>
>>336117674
Rogues were ridiculously OP in Vanilla, so yeah.
>>
File: movingthegoalposts.jpg (31 KB, 300x240) Image search: [Google]
movingthegoalposts.jpg
31 KB, 300x240
>>
>>336113107
Worry about what happens when they hit naxx in 1-2 years, man
>>
>>336117421
I'm sure most people are not even aware of how dead their servers are if cross realms would not make them look artificially alive
>>
>>336111853
officially going ahead with anything resembling vanilla servers would be an obvious stepping stone to just going through all expacs again. especially if vanilla proves to be successful
>>
File: Videogames.png (148 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Videogames.png
148 KB, 300x300
Most people don't seem to realise that what made vanilla and TBC good wasn't the games themselves, it was the community.

There's no going back, things are only going to get worse from here.
>>
>>336118204
WoW players want cross server gone.

Meanwhile FFXIV players are begging for cross server.
>>
>>336118342
>There's no going back

Of course there is, Nost was fucking great.
>>
>>336118373
People on dead servers were screaming to have their servers merged, not cross realm shit with anonymous people you will never see again
>>
>>336118342
But the Nost community was pretty good. Sure there were a lot of shitheads but there were in retail back in the day, I can actually distinctly remember the names of at least 3 people who I'd punch in the face if I ever met from Vanilla/BC.

Either way, I played Nost and the game itself was great fun, regardless of whether or not the community was exactly the same as it was 12 years ago.
>>
>>336118342
The 24/7 13k population on Nost would disagree with you.
>>
>>336118449
Yeah, the /vg/ and /v/ groups, there respective threads and discords sure weren't full of awful drama and shitflinging literally from the start.

You're fucking delusional.
>>
>>336118631
>/vg/ is full of spastic attention whoring drama faggots

In other news the sky is blue.
>>
>>336118342

The current community is one of the things I'm afraid of if legacy servers ever happen, the amount of retards that would try them out and just complain and be a complete burden in groups would be fairly high I think. They would mostly be weeded out as you get higher in levels but they still suck.
>>
>>336118342
The game is what creates the community. Because of the way retail WoW is structured, it is incapable of creating a good community, but legacy servers can.
>>
>>336118631
Sounds like official WoW forums in vanilla.
>>
>>336118893
>the amount of retards that would try them out and just complain and be a complete burden in groups would be fairly high I think. They would mostly be weeded out as you get higher in levels but they still suck.
So it would be just like Vanilla originally. But this would be good actually considering that average dungeons at max level themselves used to be casual filters.
>>
File: Andsohespoke.jpg (208 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
Andsohespoke.jpg
208 KB, 768x432
>>336111508
>Nostalrius team and Mark Kern arrive at Blizzard HQ
>They are invited to large room with a long table
>Morhaime is sitting on the end of the table with Allen Brac and Metzen standing at his sides
>There are huge curtains on all walls
>Everyone sits down
>Suddenly Bobby Kotick walks into the room
>A smile begins to creep on Metzen's face
>A bunch of fat neckbeards wearing t-shirts with Illidan markings and the word "Legion" emerge from behind the curtains
>"And who are you" starts playing
>The neckbeards being strangling the Nostalrius devs with garrotes
>"Artifact weapons send their regards" says Kotick, and then shoots Mark Kern in the head
>>
Everyone knows that this tweet in the OP at the most is just going to be information in regards to the meeting with Blizz right?

Like time/date/what they could possibly discuss?
>>
>>336119467
>implying kotick wouldn't draw the gun, then just at metzen begins to boast, bobby shoots him in back of the head and takes them in to run WoW with 1/50th the cost blizzard did
>>
>>336119617
Probably should have left Kotick out of it and just replaced him with Metzen, you're right
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 73

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.