[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a video game that has similar andrenaline, power and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: REDLINE.full.715966.jpg (443 KB, 1500x938) Image search: [Google]
REDLINE.full.715966.jpg
443 KB, 1500x938
Is there a video game that has similar andrenaline, power and feel to this?
>>
Burnout series
>>
>>336111506
Racing specifically? Xtreme G racing series. Nitronic Rush & Distance to an extent. Also Burnout series as >>336111549 said. Trackmania series too.

Aside from racing? Zone of the Enders 2, Devil May Cry 3/4, Tribes Ascend RIP, basically any high-speed high-reaction-time game.

What are some games that get you In The Zone /v/? inb4 obligatory S.T.A.L.K.E.R post
>>
Vanquish
>>
>>336111506

F-Zero. If only they would make another.
>>
>>336112493
you've seen what they did to Star Fox. Do you really want F-Zero to suffer the same fate?
>>
>>336111506
Most Wanted 2005, then NFS never captured the thrill again afterwards.
>>
>>336112493
>he still wants another f zero from neotendo
>>
The Mad Max game that came out last year maybe?
>>
>>336112757
Oddly enough that game is still pretty slow paced
>>
>>336111506
3D Power Drift on the 3DS in high gear
>>
>>336112809
Wow, really? It seemed really interesting judging from trailers and such with pretty cool looking vehicular combat and driving through the desolate wastelands.
>>
>>336112940
you don't want speed for vehicular combat. And speed is not what makes vehicular combat or desolate wastelands interesting
>>
>>336112809
>>336112940
>>336112979
For the most part you drive at moderate speed at best in Mad Max as you are busy exploring the map for resources and sutff to do. The exception are the races and convoy chases, where cutting loose is very much required.
>>
>>336112940
mad max has terrible rubber banding AI so speed is just about completely useless
>>
>>336113883
>terrible rubber banding AI
Mad Max is not a racing game. It just has races. There's a difference. Your opponents are not peers. They are not racers like you, they are not subject to the same rules. They are specifically developed to be a challenge for you. Beat them on those terms and you'll enjoy rubber banding games much more
>>
The same guys that did Ace Combat Assault Horizon should do a combat racing game, using a similar idea to the Dog Fighting Mode gameplay mechanic. Not that I really like DFM much, but it can be expanded upon in a combat racing game.
>>
>>336111506
Try out the Rollcage series or better yet, the remake GRIP that is currently in early access.
>>
>>336111506
> dat car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0IghrOIdRY
>>
>>336112269
>Xtreme G racing series
I had my copy of XG3 stolen and haven't found a replacement since.
It hurts everytime I'm reminded of that game.
>>
>>336115386
>Rollcage
good idea, very good

>or better yet
no

>currently in early access
That's why "no"
>>
>>336115559
I had lotsa difficulty just finding a bootleg of the games (I was in third-world at the time), I can imagine how hard it is to find a legit copy.
>>
What about Wipeout guys?
>>
>>336116261
Hah, for once I beat Wipeout fans to the punch. But yeah, Wipeout.
I prefer Xtreme G because of the ground contact.
>>
>>336116261
>>336116397
wipeout is fast, but too floaty for the redline experience, and I say that as a wipeout fan. redline's more about mad skidding and tunnel vision. Rollcage is really a much better fit
>>
>>336111506
Star wars episode1: Racer
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.