[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT Amazing MetroidVania games on PC free-$20
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 8
File: Metroid-vs-Castlevania-2.jpg (110 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
Metroid-vs-Castlevania-2.jpg
110 KB, 720x480
PLEASE I NEED A GOOD METROIDVANIA GAME. I loved SOTN, Super Metroid, Order of Ecclesia, Dawn of Sorrow and even Strider. I want a good Metroidvania I can play on PC that has a good bit of rpg in it. Preferably like Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
>>
File: 1428691306370.gif (2 MB, 270x360) Image search: [Google]
1428691306370.gif
2 MB, 270x360
La Mulana.

It's more difficult than those games, though, in a few senses.
>>
Environmental Station Alpha is apparently really good, but I haven't tried it myself
>>
>>336110117

Are Zelda style games metroidvania? You never know with you nerds and your definitions.
>>
>>336110117
There's currently an anime sale on steam which includes a lot of Metroidvania style games. Some good ones I know of:

Bunny Must Die (not on sale)

Rabi-Rabi

Shantae games
>>
>>336110117
Cave Story (not completely like a Metroidvania though)
Shadow Complex
Guacamelee
Shantae series

I hear La-Mulana and Valdis Story are supposed to be good but I've never played them.

>>336111708
Also this but I really want to play it myself.
>>
File: lum.jpg (34 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
lum.jpg
34 KB, 1024x768
>>336111653
Lum a best.
>>
>>336110117
Valdis story is amazing
>>
>>336112028
I played it for a little bit but the characters and dialog were literally deviantart-tier
>>
Castle in the Darkness was pretty damn good. It's the most recent surprise I had with that genre.
>>
Treasure adventure game. Free on gog and it's amazing.

Anon also mentioned ESA it's amazing too
>>
>>336110117
Rabi-Ribi is actually a realy good game but you have to like the anime style of the game
the gameplay and the bosses in this game are great
>>
Rabi-Ribi is amazing for anyone that likes Metroidvanias.

La-Mulana is also a great choice.
>>
>>336110117
Guacamelee
LaMulana
Cave Story
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Valdis Story: Abyssal City
>>
>>336112028
>>336112076
valdis story is mostly boring.
>>
File: nightmsphere3.jpg (47 KB, 527x391) Image search: [Google]
nightmsphere3.jpg
47 KB, 527x391
Nightmare Sphere if you want something free that also involves rape and corruption.
>>
File: drakonius.jpg (389 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
drakonius.jpg
389 KB, 1280x1024
Unepic is p. good if you can get past the shitty dialogue and crude humor
>>
File: file.png (418 KB, 661x331) Image search: [Google]
file.png
418 KB, 661x331
>>336110117
There is nothing worth playing if you're like me and are mostly into good metroidvania (igavania) I'll tell you right now. You're almost better off trying fan games/rom hacks because everything listed above me I've tried and sucks ass except La Mulana but it's very different.

I'm going to recommend Castlevania the Lecarde Chronicles: http://the-mig-page.wifeo.com/castlevania-the-lecarde-chronicles-2013.php

fangame by a french guy. It's surprisingly awesome and by the end you'll be air dashing through dracula's castle with red after shadows.
Despite some serious jank it's custom made art, remixes of old and new castlevania music and integration of castlevania 2 light rpg elements kept me playing till the end.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.