[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WoW!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7
File: unnamed.jpg (136 KB, 613x465) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
136 KB, 613x465
>tfw people pay full price for every expansion
>tfw people pay EVERY month for this game still
>>
I tried it out and it's actually not a bad leveling experience (WoD) but once you get the endgame you realize there's two raids, butchered professions and a Facebook-tier interface for garrisons and just stop playing.

Why is the game a race for endgame now? Where's the social aspect? The economic aspect?
>>
>>336108489
And this is why vanilla was better
>>
Blizzard just gave me WoD yesterday for free and yet I still feel buyers remorse.

How can a game be so fucking shit?
>>
>bought wow
>bought expansions
>play on private servers
>Blizzdrones call me a pirate

Kek. I guess I'm also a pirate because I play cs:go on private servers too.
>>
Players are totally bad now too
Boosted my old Warrior to 90
Get into a BG, get scaled to 99
Absolutely rape everyone, die like once

Either Arms is OP right now or people who play WoW now are extremely bad.
>>
File: 1461543991976.jpg (206 KB, 850x734) Image search: [Google]
1461543991976.jpg
206 KB, 850x734
>>336109362
>or people who play WoW now are extremely bad.
>>
>>336109539
Jesus christ
>I'm mentally and socially handicapped so cater the game to me
Yah no how about FUCK YOU.
>>
>got the boost
>no free game time

I dun fuckd up
>>
I got the free 1 0days, but where's the free 90 ?
>>
File: newstatspane.jpg (130 KB, 564x480) Image search: [Google]
newstatspane.jpg
130 KB, 564x480
I'll just leave this here.
>>
File: 4fc.jpg (26 KB, 600x610) Image search: [Google]
4fc.jpg
26 KB, 600x610
>>336109539
>socially awkward
>playing a social game
>>
>>336110968
What's the problem? There's no point in showing strength and agility on a mage.
>>
>>336111079
It might not be much, but agi gives dodge %
>>
>>336111079
There's no point showing those stats either.

Every piece of equipment should just be labeled as "better" or "worse" than what you have on. Who cares about stats? :^)
>>
>>336108489
Why even revert it though? Why have professions based on leveling, and leveling that's grindy? Every account probably has maxed characters; and buying characters is more interesting than doing the exact same quest chains over again.
>>
>>336108306

I only played WoW for the first time recently on that private server that got shut down and it is the most boring MMO (read game) I've ever played.

I realize that it'll probably get better as I progress and make some friends to play with, but after that you do what? Just raid fucking dungeons over and over again doing the same repetitive shit?

Man, even RuneScape was more fun and had actually interesting and funny quests, you could just chill with your boys skilling and making fuckton of money, scamming kids and troll nerds.
>>
>bliizard announces legacy servers
>people still bitching about new content
>>
>>336108737
>not paying the sub
Generally..
>>
>>336111576
>bliizard announces legacy servers
>suggesting
>>
>>336111079

There was a time when gearscore/item level addon was frowned upon since it didn't mean shit. Now it's displayed in BIG BOLD NUMBERS. That says all about the current state of the game.
>>
>>336112387
It was always like that my friend.
I was in a Vanilla naxx guild and the GM-s would ask people to show screenshots of their talents and previously raids how much dps they can pull.
>>
>>336111936

The sub is to play on the official blizzard servers, he still owns the games
>>
>buy game
>continue to pay monthly for permission to even play it

Why are MMO players such beta pussies?
>>
>>336112927
The sub is to access WoW content, which he doesn't "own".
>>
>>336111189
I agree unironically. Saves a lot of time for the same result.
>>
>>336111079
All stats available to all classes should be relevant to classes in one way or another to allow different builds

Not that Blizzard would ever put builds into WoW when its primary audience is 8 year olds who cant figure out what strength does.
>>
>>336114041
>All stats available to all classes should be relevant to classes in one way or another to allow different builds
but they aren't and haven't ever been

so you're obviously free to redesign the game completely on another engine and give blizz the stat distributions, but it could benefit from much more than str classes benefiting from agi
>>
>>336114460
>it could benefit by more than a main stats redesign
The gameplay, obviously.

Stacking a DPS and EHP stat as the main meta is uninteresting, btw.
>>
File: 1456009940018.gif (319 KB, 263x345) Image search: [Google]
1456009940018.gif
319 KB, 263x345
>tfw when I don't
>haven't since cata
>never will again
>>
>>336111271
>Why have professions based on leveling, and leveling that's grindy?
Because the game shouldn't be a race to endgame. Content had meaning, now you just blow past it.
>>
>>336108306
>wanted to try it out
>forgot my password
>apply to retrieve it
>takes ages for email to arrive
>arrives sometimes on the next day
>"this code will expire in 10 minutes"
well fuck you too blizz
>>
>>336114705
Stop lying. For one it's not a code, you just activate it through services in your account.
>>
>>336114609
Please address the other points, then?
>>
>>336108306
Not when I can play servers similair to Nost for free.
>>
>>336114741
then why did they send me a 5 digit code?
>>
>>336114821
Fine.

>Why revert it?
Don't. Make it separate from the live content entirely, with a separate client. Separate realmlist.

>Every account probably has maxed characters; and buying characters is more interesting than doing the exact same quest chains over again.
Legacy won't have people start with any characters, it'll be a fresh slate of anything. Also, nobody ever told you you have to level multiple characters, you can enjoy the game for years with just one, you'll never be done with everything.
>>
>>336114942
>disregarding this xpac
Yeah, I guess ignoring the current state of the game is exactly what they should be doing. ..Because it does seem as if legacy servers are going to be announced in some fashion.
>>
>>336114873

>Free Warcraft
>Code
>5digit

being this cluelessly retarded
>>
When did you quit WoW for good /v/?

The ZG/ZA revamp was what killed it for me, ZG wasn't terrible but ZA was a clear representation of how fucking lazy blizzard had gotten.
>>
File: 73650_spiggy600_.jpg (160 KB, 1365x1794) Image search: [Google]
73650_spiggy600_.jpg
160 KB, 1365x1794
>>336108306
>people dont pay full price for this shit, you can buy a whole package for a few bucks
>people do not pay EVERY month, LUL on this, you can buy game time with gold, 99 % is doing so.
>>
>>336115697
End of Cataclysm
Took a break and came back 3 months before pandas
Shit was boring as fuck.
>>
>>336115697
mid BC.
Everything just started to feel flat and sterile.
>>
>>336115697
been playing on and off since beginning of cata, stopped at draenor, when everything felt like a facebook game
>>
>>336115573
I forgot my battlenet password. What's not to understand here?
>>
>>336112387

HIgh end raiding was always an elitist shitfest where you had to give evidence of your character's ability to get through content. Now it is just incorporated into every facet of the game openly.

It's still shitty though, but raid-gear loops are a terrible mechanic to build an MMO on.
>>
>>336110968
Looks cool
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.