[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody else think that this game needed a lot more recogniton
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
File: images (21).jpg (15 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
images (21).jpg
15 KB, 512x288
Anybody else think that this game needed a lot more recogniton for doing an incredible movie the justice it deserves?
>>
>alien
>incredible

it was an above average horror movie. nothing more. aliens actually took the world/characters and expanded on them much more and made something substantial with it.
>>
I doubt kids these days even know what alien is OP.
>>
>>336106375
Yeah. My brother's faggot friends have never heard of it. My brother, however, grew up with those films as much as I did
>>
>>336106373
That's true. The neet that I am, I spent an hour and a half researching the alien universe to find out what we can and can't count as canon
>>
File: WutMan.jpg (44 KB, 486x485) Image search: [Google]
WutMan.jpg
44 KB, 486x485
>>336106373
Yes, Aliens took the psycho-sexual rape horror of the first Alien and turned it into giant bugs.

So substantial.

Please go fuck yourself faggot. I enjoy Aliens, but it's a stupid action movie compared to the masterpiece that is Alien.
>>
>>336107134
Jfc m8y. Calm down. Alien is great and so is Aliens. But bth of them shadow in comparison to Alien 3. Resurrection is trash though.
>>
>>336106373
Completely different genres of movies, they're not comparable. Personally I like Alien more since Aliens has become retroactively cliche, while filmmakers still struggle to recreate the tension and overall quality of the first Alien. But I get that some people just don't like horror movies.
>>
The game was too long and the ai had too many problems. Instead of dragging it out they should have made it that you have multiple routes to finish the game and polish the ai more

The rest was pretty good
>>
File: okkid.jpg (68 KB, 431x450) Image search: [Google]
okkid.jpg
68 KB, 431x450
>>336106375
29 y.o.
Watched it last week for the first time.
Graphics and effects are incredible for its time.
The negro is the only non-retarded human.
>>
I didn't really care too much about it from the perspective of its tie-in to the movies, which I have watched.

The game itself was actually pretty good. I didn't beat it because I eventually got bored because its repetitive but those first encounters with the Alien were great and the novelty definitely made it worth it.

I feel bad for anyone who bought it full price though
>>
>>336106297
Yes, it deserved much more recognition, many are going to disagree, I think it might be the best survival horror made to this day.

GOTY 2014 at the very least.
>>
>>336107272
Resurrection isn't trash. It's a good Jeunet movie hindered by Whedon's shitty script.

But yes, Alien 3 is probably the best.
>>
>>336106297

Excellent game, only problem was the shitty crafting system that encouraged you to play I Spy for materials, then gave you completed items anyways (like the few assembled EMPs you find before you fight the working joes)
>>
>>336107272
>>336107510
Trigger warning - patricians entering thread.
>>
Alien > Aliens > Resurection > Getting kicked in the balls > Alien 3
>>
>>336107727
>WAAAH WAAAH I WANTED TO SEE THE ADVENTURES OF THE BADASS SPACE FAMILY FIGHTING GIANT COCKROACHES

Eat shit, the only arguably bad aspect of Alien 3 is that the alien itself isn't very threatening compared to the first movie.
>>
>>336107432
No graphics m8ey, the alien is a suit. But whats to be expected from HR Giger
>>
>>336106297
I want to replay this game with VR.
>>
>>336107510
I found it hard to like alien 3. I preferred resurrection to an extent, but alien is my all time fav.
>>
>>336106375
you mean ayy lmao?
>>
File: 1459115696149.gif (3 MB, 286x258) Image search: [Google]
1459115696149.gif
3 MB, 286x258
>>336107690
>>336107272
>>336107510
>>
File: FB_IMG_1459683592285.jpg (24 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1459683592285.jpg
24 KB, 604x604
>>336107818
>it killed a dog
>>
>>336108028
Not in the DC. the DC is so superior.
>>
>>336107818
kek how mad can one person be? Alien 3 was a frankenstein of a film stitched together from the aborted fetuses of a dozen other films. They fucked up so bad and they didn't even manage to capture the essence of the original films. And add to that that they stomped all over the previous film to do it all. It shouldn't have been an Alien movie, they were just cashing in on the name.

If you don't think the first two film were the best you're simply wrong.
>>
>>336106373
>>336107134
I love both movies, but I like the first Alien movie more as a sci-fi movie than as a horror movie. The first half hour or so's atmosphere is just so fantastic. Everything up until the Alien starts roaming the ship is incredible. It's still a good movie afterward, but after your first watch, it's no longer scary, so the oomph of it all is taken away a bit.

Aliens takes awhile to get going and it doesn't quite have the atmosphere of the first movie, but it's a stellar film anyway.
>>
>>336106297
I do. I fucking loved this game and I hadn't seen alien since i was really little. Was my personal goty. Id love to play something like this in VR. Seems like it'd be pretty intense.
>>
>>336108119
DC?
>>
>>336107872
I'm sorry, I'm also a slavshit, so what I meant to say instead of "graphics" was "designs and designers' work".
>>
>>336106297
then
>Sci fi horror movie

now
>patriachy vs feminism in horror movie disguise

i hate tumblr so much for giving me this idea
>>
>>336106297
>Anybody else think that this game needed a lot more recogniton for doing an incredible movie the justice it deserves?
Yes. I hate stealth games but loved this game for the immersion in that world. Even if it did feel like a very protracted adventure I still loved it.
>>
>>336107432
23 year old

Watched it for the first time years ago while I was still in high school.

Ended up loving the first two movies. They definitely held up to the test of time.

Still haven't seen Alien 3 or 4 yet, because I hear they're terrible.
>>
>>336108624
They're not terrible, they're just a bit... cobbled together, if you know what I mean. They started using shitty 80's and 90's CGI, and it became less of an adventure into our own image of being a dominant species, and more into the realm of something like "The Colony" or any other claustrophobic thriller
>>
>>336108487
Sex is a pretty vital component in Geiger's work so it's not exactly a far out reading.

Especially after the weirdness that was the hypersex of Alien Resurrection.
>>
File: 1461961943530.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
1461961943530.gif
2 MB, 360x270
>>336108119
>Alien 3
>the DC is so superior.
LMAO! A3 is the only entry which's DC is absolute and utter shit. The other DCs are amazing but Alien 3's DC really shows why they cut the stuff in the first place, and is also a perfect example, of why you dont add shit post release.

Only thinking about the queen dialogue makes me cringe. ew ew ew, no its just a horrible, HORRIBLE version.
>>
I love Alien, but the game was fucking lame. There was a helluva lot more to Alien than just Signourney Weaver avoiding the alien. Get the fuck out of here, revisionists.
>>
>>336109135
>implying game is about Ellen Ripley
ATTACK, MY MINONS
>>
>>336108624
3 is actually rather good. Attempted to be more like 1 than 2 and had a great setting and some interesting characters. Would definitely recommend.

4 is trash. No real reason to watch it.
>>
>>336107298
horror movies don't need to be scary. (not that alien is really)

and what makes aliens cliché? you could name just as many of them from alien honestly. just because something is more action-y doesn't make it worse. sounds like snobbery to me.
>>
>>336107818
people think alien/alien 3 are somehow deep and profound? haha oh wow.
>>
>>336106373
This is the most disgusting opinion I've read here for months. I just can't stand Cameron's full Hollywood treatment and I personally think he ruined the universe that Ridley Scott was building.

It's got everything! The gung-ho marine squad that is overly confident, the supposedly super intelligent aliens that actually just end up as fodder (because self-preservation is obviously no longer a thing since 'Alien'), the wow-I-can't-believe-she-survived-on-her-own kid. Maybe I just hate Cameron though, because to me everything he ever makes feels this cliché, the worst one being Avatar.

Xenomorphs killed in Alien: 0
Xenomorphs killed in Aliens: A few hundred

Damn those are some good intelligent killing machines.
>>
>>336108487
>i hate tumblr so much for giving me this idea
Then STOP being a FAGGOT. I hope you kill yourself. You have become neo/v/. Do you get me? You fucking neckbeards are just like the SJWs truly you are. Us normal people aren't scoffing at Alien and trust me I hate feminists. I hate you triggered fat gray skinned fucks just as much since you dominate 4chan with your faggotry.
>>
>>336109223
what
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.