[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
YOU WILL ALL FALL TO THE MIGHT OF THE IMPERIAL NAVY!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 19
YOU WILL ALL FALL TO THE MIGHT OF THE IMPERIAL NAVY!
>>
>>336102620
I want the dark eldar. In fact, I want a game about being a dick as dark eldar. The goal of the game is to become more edgy than malal.
>>
>>336102620
ORKS IS BEST

And lemme tell you why Eldars shit. You can't ram shit. Whereas with orks, you can traktor beam a ship between two goff rammers and ram a ship from both sides.
>>
>>336103115

>The goal of the game is to become more edgy than malal.

By the Emperor, that's some extreme heresy!
>>
Threadly reminder that Eldar = fags.
>>
WHO HERE /ram/
>>
>>336104870
>chaosfags
>ramming

How's that 50 front-armor treating you?
>>
File: 20160429033432_1.jpg (594 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160429033432_1.jpg
594 KB, 1920x1080
>>336104870
i do the same thing, but i usually use slaughter and carnage class cruisers, or the hades battlecruiser

>>336104949
works good enough, it's not like the enemy is taking less damage than you are unless you're ramming head on,
>>
>>336102620
how the fuck do these things not fall apart during warp travel?
>>
>>336105219
gellar fields
>>
>>336104949
any other tactic would be an affront to the blood god
>>
>>336105219
Physics literally do not exist in the warp. Which is part of why you need a gellar field to travel it. So you can generate a bubble of real space around your ship.
>>
File: vittu.jpg (57 KB, 666x484) Image search: [Google]
vittu.jpg
57 KB, 666x484
>tfw had to pirate because poorfag.
I really dig the campaign so far but it feels like multiplayer is where it's at.
>>
>>336105579
The SP is brutal, but if you like the 40K setting it is excellent for all the cinematics. Whoever put those together really knew what they were doing.
>>
File: 1459448982621.jpg (38 KB, 567x523) Image search: [Google]
1459448982621.jpg
38 KB, 567x523
>>336106149
Yeah, I really like the cinematics. Just finished the mission where you steal the plans. It really feels like the filler missions are going to be repetetive though.
Also
>tfw I accidently wasted my points on another light cruiser slot
>mfw I can't even field more than one paired with my cruiser.
>>
>>336106379
Of all the 40K PC games I have played this one has been the best for cinematics. Which the exceptions of the intro to DoW1 which will likely never be surpassed, and the live action stuff from Final Liberation.

But yeah some of the mission start to get repetitive. Especially when your options for mission and just between bad missions like convoy defense against Eldar, or Assassination defense against Eldar.

That being said the actual SP campaign design is pretty good and feels right for the setting. Pretty happy with it overall.

Cant wait for Marines to drop. Though it sucks that we will likely not get a campaign for them.
>>
So how much micromanaging is there with Eldar?
I like strategy games but I'm awful at them, so the faction that needs the least micro input would be my best bet at not being bad
>>
Daily reminder that ORKZ IS DA BEST
>>
>>336106675
>least micro input
Imperium
>>
>>336106663
>those Final Liberation scenes

To this day, I yearn for a good live action 40k stuff.
>>
>>336106675
>micromanaging
get the battleship and annihilate things at 12k with your pulsars. you have the fastest ship that does the most damage with the best fighters/bombers and you have the vaul manuever.

just don't get rammed or boarded.
>>
>>336106794
Figures.
Good thing IG are my favorite.
How effective is it to make ships good at boarding and ramming?
>>
>>336104870
nigga, you literally

>rammed the same class of ship

>as chaos

>against orks

>in the front
>>
>>336106987
he rammed a light cruiser with a battlecruiser.
>>
>>336106801
Unfortunately it will likely never happen as an actual movie or TV/Web series or anything. Best we could hope for is another 40K game using some.

I'd kill for a sequel to Final Lib. Or Chaos Gate.

Hell a Deathwatch game using the newer Xcom games engine/gameplay style could be a lot of fun.
>>
>>336107154
my bad
>>
>>336106675
The Eldar are fucking awful. In the SP, because their so much faster and can kill specific things too easily so on certain missions its ridiculous trying to win. Playing as them is much, much, much more difficult than any other race, sure it makes those certain missions much easier, but in cruiser clash, you get dominated easily. I play as orks and its absurd how easy it is to kill fleets and fleets of Eldar even on heroic.
>>
>>336106794
Really? I thought it was orks. I had to constantly do high energy turns, torpedoing, nova cannons, bomber, stasis and both bombs. Orks, I just set to prow and charged in.

Btw, what does everyone think about fighter bombers? Do they do enough to justify getting them?
>>
>>336107724
On second thought, yeah probably the orks
>>
has anyone developed any good tactics as IN to deal with eldar? im pretty confident in my fleet to deal with the other 3 factions but a good eldar player is usually a loss.
>>
>>336107724
carrier ships are pretty useful, think of them as guided torpedos that are alittle easier to shoot down. more so for chaos and eldar tho. and if you set it to auto cast and put alittle thought into the priority listing of enemy ships you dont even need to mirco it very much.
>>
>>336109130
Are they, like torpedos, more effective if unleashed up close so the turrets don't have as long to shoot them down?
>>
>>336106794
Itt: some one doesn't know torpedoes spam > nova cannon spam
>>
>>336109019
What are you're current best tactics against them?

Bearing in mind, I haven't played MP yet, have every ship have statis bombs, cluster ships tightly, micro warp jumps directly infront of their ships to crash into yours.
>>
File: 1460889239447.png (205 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
1460889239447.png
205 KB, 1200x600
Deal with it
>>
>>336109196
im not exactly sure but i dont think that has a factor, since im pretty sure the defense turrets shooting stuff down are on a dice roll/ percentage chance system based on how many turrets your ship has vs any factors that increase projectile survivability. like torpedos with there "small target" buff, making them less likely to be intercepted by enemy fighters or turrets. but other wise yes they do similar damage to (atleast imperial) torpedos.
>>
>>336105287
Uhm. Noooo. Gellar field Gen makes a paper thin layer of null field around the ship artificially so as to repel daemons and chaos things. If you read the fluff warp travel can do all sorts of shit to a ship.

>yfw a 'successful' voyage can result in 80% casualties to crew and a twisted superstructure needing years of drydock.
>>
>>336109019

>has anyone developed any good tactics as IN to deal with eldar? im pretty confident in my fleet to deal with the other 3 factions but a good eldar player is usually a loss.

Swords - lots and lots of fucking Swords, and if you think you've taken enough..... take more.
>>
>>336109393
for a 1v1 i try to break up the enemy formation with torpedo spam and do my best to try and corral ships that have broken off from the pack with abilities like plasma bomb and pin them into either an asteroid field or edge of the map.
>>
>>336109562
swords huh? those are the x2 swivel maco turrets right? i always bring firestorms for the range and accuracy of the lance
>>
>>336109196
>>336109483
If they based it on the tabletop like they did with most of the stuff it is a straight roll per bomber/torpedo versus number or turrets. From memory it was something like each turret destroys ordinance on a 4+ (on a D6, so 50% chance), and reduce the ordinance by the successful number of rolls.

Which is why Thunderhawks were great ord due to them getting a save against that, on top of better hit-and-run boarding actions.
>>
>>336110034
have you or do you know of anyone using the boarding transports or melta torpedos in the MP? im not seeing the advantages over bombers and regular torpedos, then just leaving the boarding actions to the dedicated abilities
>>
>>336109448
Tinfoil armor for battle cruisers.

Wet paper for anything else.
>>
>>336109976

Yeah, they can fire 270 and have the speed to keep up with eldar cruisers, also mass macro turrets I've found are way better than lances vs eldar
>>
>>336110213
My net connection is too shit to play MP sorry. But from what I have gleaned playing SP/Skirmish;

The advantage of bombers versus regular torps is fairly obvious though. One is fire and forget (bombers), the other needs planning and setup (torps).

As for transports, whilst they get more rolls for their boarding action, they are a pain to setup and you generally want to save your ability to lightning strike for when something is trying to warp out.

Melta torps are good for when you know the enemy has already used their repair action recently so you can put dots on them. Using it when they haven't started repairing is a waste as they can put the fires out instantly.
>>
>>336110487
okay i guess my question was do the melta torpedo dots to more then the regular torpedos burst? i usually do my resesrch in my easy mode skirmish file, but i havent payed much attention to that specifically
>>
>>336109552

What the fuck, man. If every transition through the Warp was like that, there wouldn't be functioning space civilizations in 40k. Yes, the Warp can do nasty things to a ship, but not all the damn time.
>>
File: 1411443972606.png (332 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1411443972606.png
332 KB, 500x375
I don't get it.

What happened at GW

All of the sudden their shit is getting good games, even on tabletop.
>>
>>336110684
Depends on how many you think you can hit with really.

The dots are more effective the longer you can keep them on the ships. On top of the fires potentially destroying systems from memory.

Where as regular torps with do more instantaneous damage, but you need to hit with a bunch to get the most out of them.

Also keep in mind that dropping meltas on a ship forces them to choose whether to waste their emergency repair actions then and there to put out fires. And you could drop more fires on them with more torps if you set it up right.
>>
>>336110949
GW has nothing to do with these games. All they do is collect their license fee for using the IP, and have final say on whatever lore stuff goes in. Beyond that they literally don't care about these games, or even acknowledge their existence really. Which is fucking stupid, but that is GW SOP.

We have just gotten lucky as of late with what is being made. The licenses has still been whored out to make a bunch of shitty iOS games.

Deathwing is looking good though.
>>
>>336110949
>Getting good games
That's still too much. They are still greatly damaged due to Kirby's bullshit and the way they handled Fantasy. Not to mention the abortion that is AoS.

If they were becoming good, then they would at least do this thing called research...oh wait, they don't do this and they are proud of it.
>>
>>336110684

Melta torps can give a ship up to FOUR fucking fires on a ship if 4 or more of them connect. They're not as devastating as a normal torpedo salvo that fully connects (they deal no damage by themselves), but the thing to consider there is that meltatorps can force a player to spend those emergency repairs early. Fires can fuck your shit up if they last long enough.
>>
>>336110851
THE EMPRAH PROTECTS!
>>
>>336110851
You're talking about 40k man. They give no fucking shits about needing to pressgang every prisoner they can get for servitorising etc.

They use plascrete ceramite and adamantium trusses and beams to hold the ship together but hulls are half the time riveted patch jobs under the armour. Voidborn live in their radsuits for a reason. They can expect a decompression or two every trip.

Most of those are microfractures etc. Needing patches only.

Remember at the end of new bsg tv show the Galactica was all fucked up from stresses etc? That ship was only 100 ish years old in a far more forgiving setting.
The best IoM ships are leftovers from the heresy.

Many ships in battlefleets are thousands of years old.
>>
What was this battleship they fixed in with a patch?
>>
okay so i just watched someone play eldar on MP. holy shit thats infuriating, spent the whole game running from the imps player.

though the imp player was quite shit, used skills as soon as he could rather than saving to use all at once and had torpedos when those things are completely useless against eldar.
>>
>>336109976

The reason why you don't want to take lances against Eldar is because their holofields, though not real shielding compared to those of the other factions, have a very high chance of ignoring that shit. What you need against the knife-ears is weight of fire, and macro cannons are made for that job.
>>
>>336110949
>What happened at GW

Nothing happened at GW, merely an aspiring French publisher, the Focus Home guys, got a hold of the license and pushed it on their relatively passionate teams.
>>
>>336104335
That sounds awesome.
>>
>>336109976
lol, lances have a 80% failure rate against eldar ships at full holofield bruh. you done fucked up.
>>
>>336111254
You are more in danger of getting lost in the warp than anything else when traversing it. Unless you have a gellar field failure which is a different issue.

Warp travel isn't the crazy horribad thing it was back during 2nd Ed anymore. Mishaps are not that common anymore unless your shit was actually sabotaged or just poorly maintained.

Unless you are traveling during warps storms.
>>
>>336111254

>Many ships in battlefleets are thousands of years old.

Then again, so are the ships in Chaos fleets.

Chaos is supposed to be more liberal in technological applications, but the heretics are often portrayed to be worse off tech-wise than their corpse-worshipping counterparts, tending to use shit that is no longer in Imperial service, or Imperial rejects.
>>
File: irrational.png (312 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
irrational.png
312 KB, 600x600
>>336110949
>All of the sudden their shit is getting good games, even on tabletop.

Do you even /tg/?
>>
>>336111735
is that yellow bar on eldar ships the holo field strength?
>>
>>336112150

Yes.
>>
>>336111632
Apocalypse. It was always there. The bug just stopped it from appearing in your choices
>>
Well I just unlocked the a Battleship in campaign and I can only choose the Emperor or the Retributor
>>
this game is fun
>>
>>336112080
That's because instead of having admech look after their shit, chaos is stuck with hereteks instead.

People who'd rather carve more spikes and skulls into the corridors than do basic maintenance. Heck, these retards chain daemons inside their enginariums for shits and giggles instead of performing badly needed repairs
>>
I can't believe this game slipped under my radar
>>
What is the Apocalypse Battleship like anyway?
Still choosing between 4 launch bays and macro plasmas ahoy
>>
>>336112215

Huh, I didn't know the Apocalypse was in the game. Care to tell us more?

>>336112265

Between those two, the Retribution is the better BB.

Emperor starts with a whopping 10k scanner range and four launch bays, but it's slow as a mountain and lacks long range weaponry (such as torps and lances). The only ship that could potentially be worse is the Ork Dethdeala, and even that one can take more launch bays.

Retribution has standard scanner range, but it has cruiser-tier speed, eight heavy torpedo tubes and three lance turrets. Anything that shit sees is going to get fucked up.
>>
is it better to target eldar engines or generators first?
>>
>>336113687
Generators of course. Those knife eared fucks can't do anything without holofieds and lightning strikes.
>>
>>336113842
thats what i was thinking but wouldnt disabling engines reduce the holofield usefullness and allow you to get within macro range? remember a slow xenos is a dead xenos.
>>
>>336113687
dont listen to >>336113842
they'll still be able to run and hit you with pulsars, a slow eldar ship is a dead eldar ship. go for the engines first.
>>
>>336107617
The AI really sucks at eldar imo.
>>
Dauntless or MK2?
>>
>>336114158
Heavy prow lance is much better than four torpedo tubes.
>>
>>336104870
That ram pretty much didn´t do shit and it was stupid to try it, but see those squadrons, muh dick. It´s even better as tought those were torpedo salvos at first glance.
>>
>>336114158
torpedos are better vs imperial or ork ships. lance is better for chaos and eldar, since youll probably do more pursuing. even if the eldar holo field makes it hard for the lance to land a hit its better then watching in frustration as they just dodge your torpedos every 45 seconds.
>>
>>336104803
The real reason the Eldar are going extinct. Too much gay sex.
>>
>>336114158

You can take two of each, they're cheap and do nicely in most situations you can take them in

MkI Dauntless is good in planetary assault and data recovery.

Mk2 can kill shit dead if you like to microwarp, and its torp tubes can add weight to any torp salvo.
>>
>>336114370
I disagree. I use Dauntlesses extensively and very rarely have I found myself wishing I had torpedoes rather than that sexy prow lance. It does really good damage and the firing arc is decent enough that it will almost always be firing at secondary targets as you move circle around engaging broadsides.
>>
>>336114319
It may not have done much damage, but it exposed the engines and put the Ork ship in a poor position where it wouldn't have a lot a weapons to return fire with on those other ships.
>>
Someone tell me what the Apocalypse Battleship is like, it still doesn't show up for me in campaign
>>
What difficulty should I play the campaign on guys? Is Normal gonna' be fine?
>>
>>336113532
No idea. I haven't patched mine yet sorry.
>>336114770
Dang. I too wanted to know the specs. Although I am loving my Emprah's 10 k detection range and Fuckloads of ordnance
>>
>>336114930
Yes, it's not intense but you do need to line your ships up and use all your abilities properly to come out on top
>>
>>336114930

Normal is fine and actually quite forgiving. My first playthrough was on Hard, and though it was a blast, things got desperate real fast.
>>
>>336114770

In TT the Apocalypse has a Nova Cannon. Or was that another battleship?

The video game doesn't completely reflect the tabletop version; the Imperial Navy has ship choices on TT that can fit in a Chaos fleet.
>>
>>336114676
dont get me wrong the prow lance is deadly with a good admiral, but in 2v2s i love torpedo spamming because you can break up the enemy formation and with the help of certain cc abilities can isolate and pick off stragglers. 1v1s i cant see any advantage torpedos would have over lance, except maybe if you can be relatively certain you can out mircomanage your opponent. is that your fleet? if yes, why so heavy in favor with the IN?
>>
>>336115290

All favors that the Imperial Navy can take are really quite solid in practice. In case of IN favor, being able to drop Cobras after three minutes is nothing to scoff at, and being immune to insubordination means you'll never go through the effects of mutiny.
>>
>>336115475
which also means you dont have to put points into commisars. but yea a free cobra every 3 mins thats nice, the real question is, is there a cap to how many you can have.
>>
>>336115475
Chaos favours make your ships look derp. Admech 1 too.
>>
>>336115736
Nope. And they let you break the points limit of a match. And they have the upg's you've fitted to your cobra escort at shipyard.

Short burn torp spam
>>
>>336109552
>>yfw a 'successful' voyage can result in 80% casualties to crew and a twisted superstructure needing years of drydock.

Nah, that's just the shitty copy pasta that gets thrown around all the time. Traveling through the warp is not nice but you also don't get fucked every single time. If that would be the case the Imperium would have collapsed long ago, considering how dependent they are on trade.
>>
>>336104870
>literally no effect target
>>
>>336115973

>Chaos favours make your ships look derp

Tzeentch is really the best in the visual department. Says something about the game when Mark of Tzeentch ships look more pimp than Slaanesh ones.

>>Admech 1 too.

That I can agree with. They should've went with more gold because black and red by themselves don't really work with my space Vaticans.
>>
>>336114120
>Eldar swoops in for the strafing run
>does it's maneuver where they flip around
>then just waits in space, letting me ram it easily

AI can't play Eldar.
>>
File: focus-home-interactive.jpg (64 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
focus-home-interactive.jpg
64 KB, 1280x720
>>336110949
leave the warhammer to me !
>>
I see why you faggots hate eldar now
>>
>>336116168
i mean i like the sound of it but it sounds broke as shit. atleast limit it to x amount per vessel with imperial favor. my favorite though is going full boarding ship, space marine favor with the +1 lightning strike upgrade and lots of tankiness.
>>
>>336113687
I normally go for the engines. An eldar ship that comes under constant fire is dead within seconds, one that has no shields anymore can still harass you from afar or fuck off and warp out, I hate it when I'm denied the killing blow
>>
>>336115290
Yes that's my fleet. I put the IN favour on all of my light cruisers because if I field then I always do so in pairs. I send them on flanking duty and while I have upgraded them to be quite tanky if focused they can still quickly lose a lot of health so it's nice never having to worry about insubordination. I've also upgraded my cobras and on slower game types they make quite a difference when summoned multiple times.
I just played a cruiser clash against orks and he though he could just sit at the back of the map exchanging torpedo screens with me while my two Dauntlesses were off in a gas cloud calling in reinforcements. When we did engage I had six cobras which I sent in. His fleet got bottled up trying to deal with them and when they were dead his BC was at half health while my line ships hadn't received a single point of damage.

Here are the rest of my ships though, they have other favours because they play different roles.
>>
File: 1452058844215.jpg (605 KB, 1089x2066) Image search: [Google]
1452058844215.jpg
605 KB, 1089x2066
Praise Be.
>>
>>336116710
Good thing Chapter Master is coming back. Better than ever.
>>
>>336116662
looks sexy. are you into 2v2s? i dont have an admiral that high yet but i could use a good partner. especially since theres no team chat yet so something like skype or vent/team speak would be nice.
>>
File: 1457782778579.png (57 KB, 1020x546) Image search: [Google]
1457782778579.png
57 KB, 1020x546
>>336116710
>Corruption: None
That's quite impressive.
>>
man i suddenly feel really inclined to buy the legit version and do some MP. how long you reckon the multiplayer will last for? im afraid in a few months time no one will be playing.
>>
>>336116662

>>Dominator with Astartes favour

An odd choice of ship+favor combo if you ask me. How do you use it?
>>
>>336117023
>how long you reckon the multiplayer will last for?

Hard to say, but next month (June) we will get the Space Marines and a while after that the Tau will come out.
They are also going to implement leader boards and so on. I think it will survive for a while.
>>
>>336117023
i cant say for certain but even witb alot of small things missing like team chat and map pinging on 2v2s alot of ppl have good things to say about it, it will wean in popularity but im sure it will keep a loyal fan base for quite some time. i know i intend to play it regularly for the foreseeable future, or until i get bad at it.
>>
>>336117117
did they actually announce tau? i havent heard anything within yhe past few days but most ppl were betting on the necrons
>>
>>336117198
>did they actually announce tau?
Yeah.
http://steamcommunity.com/games/363680

They had a poll and Tau won so that's what will come next.
I am fairly certain we will still get the other fleets eventually though.
>>
>>336117058
That's my anti eldar ship. Three lighting strike assaults, a shitload of macros and a nova to fuck them up before they get that first pulsar off.

>>336116875
I actually haven't played a single 2v2 yet. I can't say it really appeals to me.
>>
huh, havent seen anyone mention the sizes of battles in game. i know if they get any larger controlling will just be far too difficult, but its warhammer, its meant to be huge, im kinda sad the point limit is so low.

think they'll bring out updates that raise the point cap?

also, in the 2v2 battles. is it 700 each or 350 each?
>>
>>336117304
aboslutely disgusting
>>
File: 408.jpg (222 KB, 800x566) Image search: [Google]
408.jpg
222 KB, 800x566
>Tau announced for second DLC faction

I thought it was going to be Necrons

Tyranids announced too
>>
>>336117140
>>336117117
i think ill buy. see you suckas on the field of battle.
>>
>>336110949
GW is actually use Paradox style franchising, they give license for 10 games in hope 1 of them a critical hit....

the failed game will be banished and only successfull game stay
>>
>>336117529
hmmm, if they balance the gameplay to match the fluff then this might be tricky. on the one hand, you'll have cheap, huge ass disposable nid fleets and tiny, incredibly potent necron fleets. the former is going to be impossible to micro and the latters gonna benefit from microing more than any other race probably.
>>
>>336117304
thats awesome, thanks for the link, im happy to hear there going to keep busy, give me hope that not all small time developers are dead or dying
>>
>>336117647
is that smart? i mean, i suppose it means they don't really give a fuck about the reputation of the games. but it seems to be working. dow 2 was disappointly small in scale but beautiful, space marine was beautiful and kickass too, this is fun af, deathwing looks good and total war warhammer is making me cream myself in anticipation. this is like 6/10 are solid hits. the only shitty ones are those effortless mobile, chess and line defence games but they hardly count.
>>
>>336117743
>is that smart?
If it was smart GW wouldn't be doing it.
>>
>>336117810
elaborate?
>>
>>336117552
....theres no fields, it all takes place in space. sorry.
>>
>>336117867
GW are greedy retards.
>>
>>336117971
elaborate alittle more?
>>
File: 257.png (707 KB, 931x561) Image search: [Google]
257.png
707 KB, 931x561
I wish they could implement some kind of risk-styled campaign with all the races like they did in DC and SS
>>
>>336117962
void take you
>>
>>336117365
thats fair, 1v1s are alot of fun since you rely more on yourself and dont get all pissed when your ally does something stupid. but with good communication 2v2s are so satisfying, when you really sync with a ally and only lose maybe an escort or two and just completely fuck up the enemy fleet.
>>
>>336118089
that could be really interesting. but would the campaign map look like the SP map? where the imperium already controlls most of the territory? either way sounds cool, just having to figure out balancing issues would be tricky. but i like the idea.
>>
>>336107617
That's not even the worst because there is:

PLANETARY ASSAULT II: HOPE YOU LIKE STASIS BUCKAROO.

CANT GET A SINGLE FUCKING THING DONE WHILE CHAOS SNIPES AT ME WHILE PLINKING DOWN STASIS NON STOP FUCK THEM.
>>
>>336118089
heretic space tentacle rape!
>>
File: 1378392169459.jpg (18 KB, 421x292) Image search: [Google]
1378392169459.jpg
18 KB, 421x292
>>336118383
>tfw bombardment objective spawns directly underneath one of your ships
>>
>>336118375

You'd have to make an all new sector, preferably one where multiple races have a stake on. Probably somewhere in Ultima Segmentum.
>>
>>336118383
planetary assaults got a lot easier once i you get powerful enough to just kill the enemy ships, also microwarp jumps really cancel out the stasis. also, i havnet tested it yet, but it seems like the activation period of stasis bomb is quite a bit longer than plasma bomb so you can just destroy the stasis bomb with a plasma one i think.
>>
>>336116594
You gotta remember they're escorts. They die real ez. And can trigger mutiny/insubordination on any ship NOT I.N FAVOURED.

SO yeah...
>>
>>336118039
Not that anon but GW have a long history of doing the opposite of intelligent business decisions. It would take too long to go into detail.

But one such example is with the Horus Heresy novel series. It was selling really well, and they decided they wanted to capitalise on this. So they released a limited edition novel, which if you weren't lucky enough to buy would go on general sale 1-2 years later. They somehow considered this a smart business decision.
>>
>>336118537
>Tfw it keeps spawning on the other side of the map while you're wrecking all their ships.
>tfw it keeps spawning on the other side of the map while you're getting wrecked chasing after the points

You just can't win shit missions.
>>
File: Imperium.png (2 MB, 1577x834) Image search: [Google]
Imperium.png
2 MB, 1577x834
Rate my fleet /v/

Still working on building up renown to update the rest of my ships. Don't think I'll bother with the Retribution since I never use it. Is it just me or do IM battleships seem a bit pointless online due to the limited points available? I think its better to field more cruisers.
>>
>>336118731
They put the stasis bombs ontop of your ships and you can't do shit about it, if I bombed them then I'd bomb myself. Micro-warp jump might be snazzy though.
>>
>>336116267
Should have been red black colours. Gold and silver trim. Orange glows. The necron green is a retarded choice.
>>
>>336118883
i mean, that still shouldnt be much of an issue, especially if you've got shields. better to get that bombard point and take a hit than lose the round.
>>
>>336118375
Have everyone fight for a previously quarantined sector where there used to be a huge warp storm impeding travel or something. Imperium and Chaos come to claim stuff, Tau looking to expand their borders, Orks coming to have fun, Necrons waking up, a hivefleet splinter gorging everything on its way, maye a derelict craftworld for the Eldar and so. It could be fun.
>>
>>336118803
The emporer class comes standard with 10k sensors
>>
>>336118383
man one time, the ai was particularly smart, it was like 4/5 bombards and i only had 2. i was literally moments from getting the last one when the ai covers the point itself in the stasis.
>>
>>336118803
Also. Randumbly gen'd names of suckitude. 0/10
>>
>>336118803
In 700 point battles I rock my Emperor with four Dauntlesses and it works very well.

>>336119042
tfw you get the augur upgrade on it for 12.5k sensors and micro warjp jump range
>>
>>336119042
that 10k sensor is amazing for microwarp jump. i think it might be worth the speed sacrifice, get the 2.5k sensor upgrade and you can surprise the fuck outta eldars. no more running from me motherfucker.

also, what upgrades does everyone get? i was 4/5 of the way into the game before i realized how fucking important the rotation upgrade is.
>>
>>336118958
You don't "get" to that bombard point being in stasis and getting blasted by chaos man, the campaign is full of shit because you're not allowed to lose.
>>
>>336119305
You can fail key campaign missions and just keep playing. It'll have consequences but you can still do it.
>>
>>336119408
does it make it much harder? i never failed key missions (because i save scummed) and by endgame i only lose 11 worlds. how close did yall come to the edge?
>>
>>336119296
Not to mention the tasty hvy plasma macros and super hvy torps. The two full Ordnance bays are just gravy.
>>
Friendly reminder that this dev is not to be trusted and has torpedoed their own products in the past and keeps selling them despite it being impossible to play them.
>>
>>336119479
Yes. Failing key story missions will dramatically change the course of your campaign.

And, of course, vice versa.

>yfw failbaddon has neither of the 2 artifacts of dooooooom and cannot do sfa with the blackstone's
>>
>>336119282
Dauntless's w/ fully upg. Lances are just silly with an emps

15k range practically guaranteed crits.

Nuke all the things
>>
>>336119486
What? The Emperor doesn't get any torps and has four ordnance bays.
>>
>>336120079
But every ship you'll pair it with will.

Knowledge IS power. The emps class is a 40k esd/ssd command ship.

Without the emps sensors, most torping will be at blopd. And you gotta hope you hit something valuable instead of wasting a Salvo on an escort you'll miss entirely.
>>
>>336120079
And go look at the ship in the sy. The front 1/3 of its weapons are plasma macs. The other 2/3 are full size Ordnance bays . and the bow is all sensor goodness
>>
>>336119650
>Only grimdark plot armour can sustain your enemy from the unforgiving ass-kicking you give them at every opportunity
Good thing Abaddon has a limitless supply of ships to throw my way without ever killing one of mine
And a similar amount of officers since I imagine him to be a 'you've failed me for the last time' kind of guy
>>
>>336121950
>I imagine him to be a 'you've failed me for the last time' kind of guy
He actually has that as a special rule in tabletop BFG.
>>
>>336122071
Lol.
>>
File: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.png (1016 KB, 1305x979) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.png
1016 KB, 1305x979
>>336122071
>>336122402
>Fail a command check
>Opens fire on his own ships
>>
>>336122681
how the fuck does chaos manage to win anything with operating procedure like that? no ship maintenance done because everyones having orgies, gladiator fights and carving skulls everywhere, no one manages to become experienced because if they fuck up they die. chaos should be nothing more than a minor nuisance of retards running amok.
>>
File: 1318099815114.jpg (50 KB, 299x250) Image search: [Google]
1318099815114.jpg
50 KB, 299x250
>>336123021
You shouldn't think about these things too seriously anon. Just have fun.
>>
>>336123021
Shitloads of slaves and some competent individuals that didn't go pants-on-heads full turbo-retard mode.
>>
>>336123021
>Daemons did it.jpg: the faction
>>
>>336123021
>>336123294
Not far from the truth, a single person going full retard can become retardedly powerful by being possessed or summoning demons or chaos legionaries. If you looked at the exterminatus cutscene you'd see that the planet falling to chaos ain't that great if you're not a warp predator or it's chosen legions.

Meanwhile shit caught in the eye of terror is millenia worth of lost ships, ships from the past, the future and dark god's imagination.

It literally is a faction of retards running around causing chaos, but the fires that you have to put out as the imperium can cause REAL fucking damage, it just doesn't last very long once it's burnt itself out.

But in the case of 40k, what is lost is sometimes lost forever.
>>
>>336123771
And that's why I hate chaos. Handwaving daemons responsible for any success and yet the retards act like they themselves are top dog.

Meanwhile the Navy and the guard do everything themselves.
>>
>>336123021
If you are into 40k novels, I'd recommend reading "Talon of Horus". It's written from a Chaos pov and gives insight into logistics and such, on top of being a great read.
>>
>>336123021
>>336123771
>https://1d4chan.org/wiki/What_it's_like
Writefaggotry by ADB on what's it like being a Chaos Space Marine.
Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.