[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well that sure died fast
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: Launch_241650[1].jpg (370 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Launch_241650[1].jpg
370 KB, 1920x1080
Well that sure died fast
>>
I'm surprised it lived to begin with
Marketing is certainly a powerful thing
>>
I heard the game got plagued with hackers.
But I'm sure the people that got his game will get The Division 2 next year
>>
>>336096098
The devs for some stupid reason saved player data client side. Not sure what they expected. Competent devs learnt in the 90s not to do that shit.
>>
>>336095830
lmao. it was a train wreck as soon as they announced it was going to be an open world shooter
>>
Do you think it is a marketing strategy? Do they intend games die so soon after release to get you buying the sequel ASAP?
>>
My roommate still plays this shit. It's glitch riddled trash. He or his items fall through the world constantly.
>>
File: 1435663723139.jpg (223 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1435663723139.jpg
223 KB, 1920x1080
>>336095830
why would this cocksucking ubi not learn anything from diablo 3?

they were the same loot based grindy as fuck rpgs and diablo 3 had exact problems that division is having right now, which bliz at least fixed with expansion and patches
>>
you can L I T E R A L L Y use cheat engine to give yourself infinite ammo and health

did they hire a bunch of Devry grads or something
>>
>>336096098
ghost recon wild lands soon, it looks a lot more promising than the division but im being cautious
>>
>>336097002

That's like a 4-man coop though. I doubt it will be as fucked as The Division is, which is largely due to the MMO nature of the game.
>>
File: 1453156617605.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1453156617605.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>game based on the quick wide spreading of a terrible virus in one of the most populated cities in the world
>gameplay has literally zero survival mechanics to speak of
>you never once actually have to worry about the virus in any way
>civilians dressed like college students just hang around in the open streets like nothing has happened
This game could have become one of the best survival genre type games but instead they went full FPS loot shooter and threw it into a modern setting so it makes even less sense. There were just so many wrong choices made when it came to this game.
>>
>>336095830
Don't you think its kind of strange how people form opposition to something and then keep telling themselves that thing is bad, even when they know what their opinion is, they know the opinion of the social setting they may be expressing it to, in this case /v/, which has shit on this game since release.
You would think that after a while that would sort of just go away.

Or maybe, just maybe, the game wasn't that bad, so when you guys hear about people playing it, it bothers you.

These threads are like the threads on /pol/, seriously its pathetic.
>>
>>336096875
>you can L I T E R A L L Y use cheat engine to give yourself infinite ammo and health

the same thing killed one of the recent Crysis 2 or 3 (i forget) games on pc within 1 week of release, it was one of the fastest deaths of game ive ever seen, perhaps only Brink was similar.
>>
>>336097603
Still trying to defend your purchase nearly 3 months later huh?
>>
Is anyone surprised? I sure as fuck wasnt.
Cant even bother to log in anymore because theres nothing to do and the darkzone is just full of hackers as is far too samey in each area. Theres no interesting loot and worst of all, theres really nothing to use that loot on.
It falls to the same trap as all big budget games today, theres no endgame content to speak of. Same as actual MMO's like FFXIV, RIP that game aswell, it was fun before heavensward, but man did they fuck it up bad. Yet the weebs swallow it up like its some delicious jizz for their gay mouths.
The division wont get any worthwhile content, they wont fix any of the issues and or balance it. That is the way of tripple A games.

Mediocrity and "middle of the road" is the name of the game with AAA games. To get the maximum amount of possible buyers.
>>
Got the game for a penny
>>
>>336097928
Nice argument you child.
>>
>>336097973

And a lot of marketing, dont forget markerting.
>>
>>336097567
>This game could have become one of the best survival genre type games

It's a Tom Clancy game.
You're a well equipped special forces operator going into a quarantine zone.

It's not a post-apocalypse game, it's a disaster response game.
If you had to scrounge for food and supplies, Tom Clancy would rotate in his fucking grave.
>>
[Almost] All triple "A" games 2012-Present are garbage, are you seriously surprised?
>>
>>336098153
He is already rotating in his grave since this turd is a disgrace to the Tom Clancy name. Not that it had much glory to begin with, but you could always expect a certain game from the franchise. The division is nothing like it and this "le men and women with hoodies and winter jackets go pew pew" game offers nothing. It was a game with infinite potential, but they chose to do absolutely nothing. Didnt bother with the story, didnt bother making the city interesting, didnt bother making endgame content, didnt bother making loot interesting, didnt even bother adding more than one type of clothing in the fucking game and most of all. Didnt even bother with an anti-cheat. People are seriously cheating even on the consoles, its fucking hilarious.
>>
>>336096874

Yeah the crafting system is a bit frustrating, especially the time consuming mats grind.

End-game basically trains you to sit in a safe house and queue for missions, but in order to craft those plans you loot, you've gotta traipse around Manhattan in lowbie zones looting Apple Stores.

I had a lot of fun playing the game, but since I got to end-game it's been really hard to get back into, mostly because every day off I've had over the past few weeks, Ubisoft have turned off the servers for maintenance. They even changed the weekly maintenance day recently, which happened to fall on my other fucking day off of the week.
>>
>>336098147
Well that was easy.
>>
>>336098153
Read >>336098440

If Tommy C woke up from the dead and saw this game he'd probably kill himself.
>>
>>336098554
You are pathetic.
>>
>>336098784
First day on the internet? You're using all of the cliches.
>>
>>336098784
>le superior arguments man xD
>>
Once they let slip that the person in charge of balancing loot came from a background of developing mobile games, everything started to make sense.
>>
>>336096874
If anything gear was far too easy to get at launch.
>>
I'm level 26 and was going through the areas doing all the events and missions and just go so bored. I decided to go back an play Destiny this week and it's been a fun weekend for it.

Game's p boring, unfortunately.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.