[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daggerfall: play anyone you wish, however you wish Witcher: play
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: header.jpg (84 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
84 KB, 460x215
Daggerfall: play anyone you wish, however you wish
Witcher: play a preset character you cannot control

Who is the ^Roleplayer in Daggerfall and who is ^Playing the role of a witcher in The Witcher? The player. So by itself the term Roleplay does not exist, the player makes it exist. Therefore they are both roleplaying games and so is Call of Duty.
>>
DUDE
>>
>>336090930
no the player has choices over the actions geralt takes in context of the game world, and how the events in the world unfold
>>
>>336090930
this is like one of those 3am messages my autistic friend sends me every once in a while
>>
>>336091175
as if this has any gameplay changes
>>
Role playing games allow you to play a role of some figure or job that comes with skills, stats and sets.
>>
>>336091962
it usually does
>>
>>336091962
irrelavent
>>
>>336092481
>>336092145
proof?
>>
>>336093206
I've only played The Witcher 1, so I don't know about the other two games.

But I can talk about The Witcher 1. The choice you make at the beginning of the game (helping Vesemir fight off the Frightener versus helping Triss deal with the Mages already inside Kaer Morhen) has a direct impact on a major boss fight near the end of the next chapter. You either fight a bunch of normal Salamandra mooks or you fight a handful of empowered Salamandra mooks plus an Ifrit, which is a dangerous enemy for you at that point in the game.
>>
>>336093793
wew lad, witcher 3 has none of that
>>
>>336093932
In one quest you can choose either to fight a rogue witcher or let him go. Gameplay change.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.