[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DaS boss strength comparison in lore wise.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (369 KB, 751x485) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
369 KB, 751x485
Nameless King:God of War on par with prime Gwyn
Lords of Cinder:Incarnation of all lords who had existed before.
Aldrich:Devourer of Gods.
Yhorm:Giant Lord obtained flame power.
Abyss watchers:Bunch of sword masters who managed to suppress abyss.
Gays: Deamon slayer.

All boss in 3 seems stronger than previous series, who would prevail if they fight each other's?
>>
>>336088521
Soul of Cinder, hands down. He has to be the most powerful being in Souls. Lore wise at least.
>>
File: image.jpg (420 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
420 KB, 2560x1440
Did he still keep his prime power?
Looks hollow already.
>>
>>336089621

Just a mask bro
>>
>>336089726
No it's not. When you wear his armour you see your face.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 614x719) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 614x719
Remember he looked like this in his prime age.
>>
>>336088819
ehh nope, the PC from dark soul 2 is more than likely.
>>
>>336088521
Couldn't people hack the older games and make bosses fight each other? I assume you could do the same, but Yhorm would wreck them all like BoC did.
>>
>>336090791
He only fights small shards of Manus as a final boss
The CU faught the entire manus as a side boss
>>
>>336090696
is this official?
>>
>>336088521
I wonder, what other games put the final boss right on the cover of the game?
>>
>>336090946
not really.

he optains all 4 original lord souls, is given basically immortality thanks to the crowns. and get's the souls of I believe 3 shards of manus, which might be the his soul itself. add in all of the bosses.

then we take him being immortal. and it's more than likely canonically he is the strongest being.

CU is strong, but not on the level of the monarch is.
>>
>>336091017
It's in game at least.
You just gather all pieces of statue.
>>
>>336091202

Wouldn't the 4 lord souls have waned in power over the fuckton of time between Ds1 and 2?
>>
>>336091031
Its meant to be a trick. You're supposed to believe its a picture of the PC in armor, which is what DS1 and 2 did. Then you get to the end and fight the boss and see that it was him all along, and it dawns on you the fight is like fighting a supped up normal player.

That you being embered causes you to have that burning effect just makes players believe all the more that the cover pic is just the PC.
>>
>>336091367
Not really, I may be wrong but where does it say that the lord souls get weaker between games? Doesn't it only say that the first flame weakens?
>>
>>336091202
Nah, he's not. The lord souls in DS2 aren't canon and the crowns just stop you from hollowing, they don't give you that much power.
>>
>>336091367
I honestly don't know. but I believe it's stated(I could be wrong again) that the souls will continue to exert influence, and reappear over and over again.
however it's important to understand that the gate to get to dranliec castle require you to defeat the 4 boses, or on NG 1 Million souls, and NG+1 it's 2Million. which leads me to believe that they are still just as strong.

that would mean each souls is worth 250K your first playthrough to the gate, which is far more than any soul in the game. then again this is more than likely to do with gameplay reasons and not lore.

and I don't think a soul every loses it's power. the first flame yes. for instance gwens souls is weaker because he split it up. but wouldn't nitos/ and the witch souls also be weaker, since time has somewhat gone on past them?
>>
>>336090791
But Wolnir is a shitter.
>>
>>336091393
But isn't the cover black knight?
>>
>>336091503

I hear "oh the lords got weaker between the dragon war and DS1" parroted around alot. In DS1, Gwyn's basically jerky, Nito got his power leeched by Pinwheel or some shit, etc. If the lords got weaker, their souls probably did too
>>
>>336091826
accept that they are canon anon.... you might as well deal with it.

>>336091910
Wolnir isn't the monarch from Dark souls 2.
>>
>>336092036
Explain how they're canon then.
>>
>>336091931
Gwyn split his souls and then burnt burnt his soul to keep the flame burning, and Nito had his main power stolen by the Pinwheels somehow, I don't really see that translates to the souls themselves getting weaker.
>>
>>336092147
Take out one of the "burnt", I am retarded.
>>
>>336091826
Bro the dude from ds2 is much stronger just from the fact he can poise cheese the other pcs.
And since the pc's are what kill the bosses in each game dude from ds2 wins.
>>
>>336092339
By that logic the final boss from 3 should have been a ninjaflipping havelmom.
>>
>>336092101
explain how they are not canon?

all four of the great ones all have a lord soul. it's confirmed the lost sinner, and the old Iron kings descriptions both confirm this.

sorry anon but the 4 lord souls in dark souls 2 are canon, and make the monarch from 2 the strongest character lore wise. he is immortal which means the amount of souls he optained is completly beyond any character in a souls game.
>>
>>336092530
Lord of hollows ashen one is also immortal
>>
>>336092732
yes but they are not at least 100, if not thousands of years old. that's the difference we have no idea how long it's been since dark souls 2, long enough for the monarch to continue to gather souls over and over again.

which is basically why he is the strongest souls being lore wise. because he cannot ever die, or turn hollow(as long as he has the crowns)
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.