[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it that the OVA was better at displaying the characters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 1121x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 1121x720
Why is it that the OVA was better at displaying the characters personalities than the actual games?
>>
tails is cute and I want to give him a hug
>>
>sonic thread

we we just skip the formalities and have someone post bat tits?
>>
>>336086787
This is an OVA thread, Famicom
If you want tits, just check out the other 3 sonic threads
>>
>>336086516
Because they can do a lot more with a movie run time and actual dialog versus 16 bit games.
Also movies are generally better at that than movies anyways.

OVA has my favorite design, Cowboy hat Knuckles is too good
>>
>>336086516
Better than all of the other non game media, actually.
>>
STRANGE, ISN'T IT
>>
>>336086516
The English OVA was shit, they cut out all the good jokes that the Japanese version had. The only thing they kept that was good was "Strange, isn't it?"
>>
File: tumblr_m15re1fRXU1r1j2z0o1_500.png (252 KB, 500x450) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m15re1fRXU1r1j2z0o1_500.png
252 KB, 500x450
Classic Sonic and Tails are cute.
>>
>>
>>336086516
>those voice actors
JUST

seriously though, such a good movie but those voices are awful
>>
It's a shame it never got picked up for a full series. I wonder what the tone of Modern Sonic would have been like if the OVA had been a major codifier for the series.
>>
File: 565736262.png (116 KB, 300x464) Image search: [Google]
565736262.png
116 KB, 300x464
>>336087875
I get it.
>>
>>336087975
Just watch the fan dub
It's not perfect but it's better than western sonic, sick tails, and "knuckles"
>>
File: image.jpg (284 KB, 910x1230) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
284 KB, 910x1230
That only holds true for recent games. And Sonic was much younger and more cocky in his youth (and don't give me that 'he's still the same age bullshit, he matures mentally).

The Adventure, Riders, storybook games, and Unleashed have all given him a great portrayal of an adventure loving guy always up to the challenge. Odd that most of those are spinoffs.

But from the bottom of my heart fuck Pontac and Graff. They have no place in this series. None.
>>
>>336086516
Gee, who would've thought a work in a medium where narrative is easier to do does character development better than one in a medium that doesn't lend itself to narration.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.