[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does this "game" just not have playtesters? How the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: Flamewreathed_Faceless(35226).png (174 KB, 286x395) Image search: [Google]
Flamewreathed_Faceless(35226).png
174 KB, 286x395
Does this "game" just not have playtesters? How the fuck is this allowed?
>>
>>336080754
in the same turn you can play polymorph(meta-mage), hex(meta-shamin), or any other big removal card.
>>
2 mana overload desu
on turn 4 they play 7/7 and on 5 they play a 3 mana 2/3

balanced
>>
>>336080754

using their system of stat weights, a 7/7 for 4 with 2 overload on a class card is balanced

its bullshit, but there you go. imo, i will adapt to the meta rather than bitch about it
>>
>>336080754
I am sure that Blizzard's top team of shekel mathematicians have calculate they will make more cash from kids wanting to buy the good cards, than they will lose from casual players quitting.

Hopefully by this point nobody considers HS to be a legitimate competitive game.
>>
>costs one less mana than earth elemental
>gives one less overload
>you gaint taunt + 1 hp
bretty okay
>>
I love when shaman run this card on turn 4, basically an instant win if I have Follow the Rules in my hand.
>>
>>336080754
>shadow word
>hex
>assassinate
>hunters mark
>ect
Plenty of ways to deal with it by turn 4/5.
>>
Literally the worst card game there is
>>
File: rag.png (360 KB, 400x573) Image search: [Google]
rag.png
360 KB, 400x573
Out of my way old god fucking shits!
>>
>>336081632
Duel Masters and Yu-Gi-Oh are worse.

Duelyst seems to be gaining popularity but I haven't tried it yet.

MtG is still king
>>
File: 33122.png (179 KB, 286x395) Image search: [Google]
33122.png
179 KB, 286x395
>>336080754
I see your OP shit and raise you some even more OP shit
>>
File: street signs.png (170 KB, 389x502) Image search: [Google]
street signs.png
170 KB, 389x502
>>336080936
2 mana overload is literally nothing though.
Should at least be 3.
>>
>>336081842
Fuck this card
>>
>>336081842

You mean you don't like playing against Warrior decks with 85 armor?
>>
>>336081842
>tfw combo with brann for 20 armor on turn 10
>>
>>336081748
I thought this was a meme card made by someone, till i opened some packs and got one...
>>
>>336081825
I think FoW and Vanguard are worse.
FoW died very quickly, because it had one viable deck.
Never played Vanguard, but I always thought it was hilarious you can get DQ'd for being autistic.
DBZ gets an honorable mention since hat shit looks confusing as hell
>>
>>336080913

>Use a 4 mana card to counter a 4 mana card that leaves a 1-1 on the field.
>Assasinate costs 5 mana
>Fireball only does 6 damage

Only hex is kinda decent, fuck that shit
>>
File: Yogg.gif (748 KB, 350x432) Image search: [Google]
Yogg.gif
748 KB, 350x432
Don't mind me, just pulling victory from the jaws of defeat every single time.
>>
>>336082471

>every single time

i can think of 1 time when yogg actually put me in a position to win when i was losing before i played him.

he's there for lulz is all
>>
>>336082428

Shadow Word Death. Which is pretty much required now with everyone running C'thun.
>>
>>336082471
Yog is the best thing to happen to Hearthstone
>>
>>336082572

I've dropped him about 10 times and only time did I not come out ahead, and many of those were games I was about to lose and he saved me.
>>
>>336081748
LIVE INSECT
>>
>>336082668

you must believe in the heart of the cards then
>>
>>336082401
My lgs plays DBZ but I've never seen a game
>>
>>336082732

I do. And I know he's a gamble, but if you are likely going to lose anyway he is the one card that can completely turn the game around. So he gets a slot as my panic button.
>>
C'THUN
>>
>>336082798
There was one store in my town that hosted it. The best turn out they ever got was 7 people.
>>
>>336083052

That's pathetic. We get more people for the MLP card game each week than that.
>>
>>336083093
Yeah, I thought it was pretty sad too. I was glad I never got into it. I thought it died back in 90's anyways
Never saw anybody play the MLP game.
>>
You know the worst part about hearthstone is acquiring cards. Seriously the packs are always fucking garbage.
>>
File: totally not cherrypicked.png (2 MB, 1840x1000) Image search: [Google]
totally not cherrypicked.png
2 MB, 1840x1000
>>336083430

just need to git more pack opening skill
>>
>>336081842
>not the 2 cost priest card that heals for 10 and is a 2/6

Fuck off with your pleb shit
>>
>>336082471
>>336082583
>build deck around an absolute trash meme
>nothing but spells, no board control, no damage to opposing hero unless you're a shieldbarer
>eventually draw your 10 drop, at which point you're about to lose because your deck is shit
>play your 10 drop
>SOMETIMES win

Holy fuck.

Yogg is cool, but people praising it must be literal baddie perma-shieldbarers.

Get above rank 15 and you'll never see a single Yogg deck, because they can't make it that far.
>>
>>336083636

You mean the one that doesn't exist?
>>
>>336083932
4 cost*
I'm tired
>>
>>336083636
Are you sure you're not thinking of the 5 drop 6/5 Twilight Darkmender?

I think you're confusing it with Hooded Acolyte
>>
>>336083889

I didn't make a "Yogg deck". I made a normal Mage deck and just added him in. He's a last ditch effort Oh Shit card that sometimes saves a game that would have been lost anyway.
>>
>>336083430
If you just persevere, play every day with a good cheap deck (zoolock, or any of the recipe decks), it's not too bad.
>>
why is the meta even worse and more aggro than it was before?
>>
File: 1433446725714.jpg (133 KB, 593x647) Image search: [Google]
1433446725714.jpg
133 KB, 593x647
>>336083889
Literally playing tempo mage but with Yogg in it
>>
>>336083430
If you actually want to win in HS then you have to spend money. That's the hard truth. Drop $50 on wotog packs or don't frustrate yourself trying to grind shit out.
>>
>>336084291

This. He's worth giving up one card slot for.
>>
>>336084151

>worse

when the most popular deck had its plays from turn 1 to 10 scripted you have an issue. meta is much better than before, as cthun shitters are easily countered
>>
>>336084396
>cthun shitters are easily countered
I keep seeing people say this, but no one has ever explained how.

You can play otherwise useless cards that make their mana cost higher than 10, but otherwise, C'Thun decks are strong midrange decks that are hard to consistently deal with, save for when you get a really lucky draw.
>>
>>336084606

you counter a cthun shitter deck by being a cthun shitter. its playstyle its own counter
>>
>>336084606

By maintaining board presence to absorb him and holding on to a removal for him. Not rocket science.
>>
>>336084606
>Agro shits on C'thun, such as new zoo or face hunter
>Patron counters C'thun, or even control Warrior in general
>N'Zoth counters C'Thun

Have I spoonfed you enough
>>
>>336084780
>just maintain board presence :))
Nice meme
>>
Overload and now evolving is a retarded concept
>>
>>336084780
That's not an "easy" counter. Druid and Priest have such great control that it can be hard to have minions out to soak it up. Plus, C'Thun can be buffed pretty high before you get him out.

Vek'lor is also a threat in any good C'Thun deck. I don't think it's unfairly hard to counter a C'Thun deck, but unless they get bad draws it's not easy either
>>
File: ujpmbgb1uustl0n6mdof.png (178 KB, 636x353) Image search: [Google]
ujpmbgb1uustl0n6mdof.png
178 KB, 636x353
>>336081842
I HAVE GOTTEN 10 OF THESE CARDS

I DIDN'T EVEN PRE-ORDER AND ONLY OPENED AN ADDITIONAL 7 ON TOP OF THE 8 THEY GAVE FOR FREE.

WHY THE FUCK DO YOU LOVE ME SO MUCH YOU CUNT LEAVE ME ALONE
>>
Goodnight, laddies

;)
>>
File: fish.png (346 KB, 400x573) Image search: [Google]
fish.png
346 KB, 400x573
What a piece of shit.
>>
>>336084606
Keep creatures out on the field and you absorb most of the damage.

Agro lock does this best. Keep a card in your hand that kills him immediately after he enters play and you're golden.
>>
>>336085550
>getting milled
>>
File: 27246.png (174 KB, 286x395) Image search: [Google]
27246.png
174 KB, 286x395
Flamewreathed is honestly a non-problem

This shit is what makes shaman so good and if it worked like mana wyrm the deck would be perfectly fine
>>
>>336085553
Aggro lock also gets its board cleared easily by Priest and Druid.
>>
>>336080913
You can only run so much removal, and flamewreathed faceless stretches that shit. It would be better if there was more removal like there is in magic, but Hearthstone is really jewish on removal.

As a result, the game is more tempo-oriented than ever and falling behind on the board is instant loss.
>>
>>336085093
>8
They gave 13 for free.
>3 packs on login
>5 packs for 2 wins
>5 packs for 7 wins
>>
>>336080754
It's fair because Shaman has been bad for 3 years.
>>
>>336086108
Please never attempt to design games or offer feedback to developers.
>>
>>336081073
If Blizzard was smart, they'd make the card an epic.

>you want the new hotness card? Better buy those packs like a good go- customer! Oh, didn't get it in the last 20 packs? Well, you can always just disenchant your cards until you have enough. And if you don't have enough dust, just keep buying more packs!

But really, this game is pretty bullshit and Blizzard is incompetent. They had to fly in people who had more experience with this game than they did to tell them how to fix it.
>>
>>336080754
>rank chicken that doesnt understand tempo

let me guess, you think flamestrike is a good card too
>>
>>336083430
The expansion packs in particular are awful. There aren't enough commons in the expansions, so it isn't rare see 2 or 3 of the same fucking common in a single pack.

The expansion in general has a lot of vapid boring shit. So many common slightly different looking tentacle men with big boring stats and no effects. So much "corrupted" cards when there aren't even that many cards in the game yet.
>>
>>336086029
Right my bad

doesn't change the fact that I can't run away from her
>>
>>336084396
Someone hasn't encountered zoolock. It makes unleash starving buzzard of yesteryear hunter look tame.
>>
>>336084151
its just the snap reaction to people playing greedy cards, on day one it was full of retards playing high curving warrior or druids

so out comes shaman and rogue, give it a couple more days to stabilize
>>
>>336086209

considering the entire play strategy against a mage is to not dump your board after turn 6 because of flamestrike, perhaps
>>
>>336080754
just play BGH :^)
>>
>>336086108
>implying
Face shaman was a top tier deck in League. Mech shaman also was pretty decent at the start of gvg. And shaman during the early days when healtotem healed face was busted.
>>
>>336082471
Isn't Yogg as likely to kill you as it is the enemy?
>>
>>336086729

Most testing has seen him come out as a benefit roughly 75% of the time.
>>
File: enjoy those mana crystals, fag.png (285 KB, 1210x586) Image search: [Google]
enjoy those mana crystals, fag.png
285 KB, 1210x586
>>336086729
Pretty much, yeah.
>>
>>336086707
Face Shaman was their only decent deck, was T2 for the entirety minus 1 season, and Mech Shaman lost to anything that could stall out for more than 5 turns.

Shaman has been in such a shit spot for so long, they more than deserve cards like this.
>>
>>336086707
face shaman is garbage, it has 2 good cards in a deck of 28 garbage, the reason its been bottom of tier 1 is because its the only aggro deck so no one tech against it, blizzard needs to buff facehunter and the metashift will kick shaman back down to the garbage tier it belongs
>>
>>336086729
Its trash
https://youtu.be/-M6MO2LHQ_w?t=14m3s
>>
>>336081748
Got me a golden one, to go with my golden tirion
>>
>>336087181
this person is the reason why aggro shaman exist
>>
>>336087108
>blizzard needs to buff facehunter and the metashift will kick shaman back down to the garbage tier it belongs
Probably a really dangerous change, but I think making Starving Buzzard 2 or 3 mana again but with a really low statline would almost indefinitely fix Hunter. Because right now, they're in a horrible spot right now.
>>
>>336086729
There's a higher chance for you to draw 30 cards than there is hitting your opponent with a Fireball.
>>
>>336083889
Except only an idiot like you thinks people are making a deck dedicated to Yogg. All you do is put Yogg in decks that would benefit from it like Tempo Mage and Miracle Rogue. Both of these deck types completely fall apart with literally no way of making a comeback if things don't go exactly how they need it to go early on.

You put Yogg in decks like this because you are already heavy on spell usage and any single card you could add won't make a difference. Some healing won't let you survive because you don't have any real sustain. Cards like Antonidas are just win harder cards that will likely never actually help you in a situation Pyroblast wouldn't have.

On the other hand you can win a game with Yogg when you have literally no cards in your hand, 1 hp, and your opponent has seven minions on the board and 15 health. I never play Yogg unless I have to and I've won more games because of him than I've lost.

Unless they are aggro and can finish you by turn ten, he is literally an uncounterable card. He might not do shit, but whether or not he does is completely beyond anyone's control, which actually makes him extremely powerful.

I don't think anyone has done the calculations, but I believe Yogg has better chances of doing you good than harm especially with a lot of spells casted. He serves as a fairly tanky body to potential absorb burn spells and buffs and no matter what secret you get it has to be given to you and is hidden from the opponent thus creating mind games. I almost always get at least one secret from Yogg.
>>
>>336088368
>you can win a game with Yogg when you have literally no cards in your hand, 1 hp, and your opponent has seven minions on the board and 15 health
>literally an uncounterable card. He might not do shit, but whether or not he does is completely beyond anyone's control
That sounds like the exact opposite of fun
>>
>>336083430
That's just because HS has really bad design in general. Most decks need a handful of specific legendaries and epics to function even on a basic level meaning unless you get lucky or somehow acquire a lot of dust you're locked out of most non aggro styled decks.

Each expansion has barely any cards. You open five cards per pack and the amount of commons in an expansion are too low for any real variety. The outcome is that 90% of your packs are going to have the exact same shit every time. The insane diminishing returns on dusting also prevents you from ever being able to easily make decks when you want to, which makes shitfting metas a bitch.

I'm fucking pissed they didn't let us dust all the gvg and naxx shit for at least 50% dust value. It especially sucks because a lot of cards in this new expansion are must haves for certain deck types to even work yet you still need to craft them. All of the old gods should have been given for free and honestly C'Thun should have been an adventure because you really need shit like that taunt legendary to make it function even on a basic level.

Themed shit should always be adventures.
>>
>>336082428
>Use a 4 mana card to counter a 4 mana card that leaves a 1-1 on the field.

Except they also pay 2 overload, so it's basically like paying 2 mana for a 1-1.
>>
>>336085756
This. This is imo the single most broken card in the whole game. It's just too strong. The stats are already fantastic for a one drop minion, but it comes jam packed with one of the best effects in the whole game. Getting increased attack based on the number of overloaded mana crystals is bullshit. At best it should get a +1 per overload like Mana Wyrm does.

The power swing Shaman gets if he can drop this turn one is insane. You have to have a one or two mana cost removal in hand immediately or everything you do will just be destroyed or hidden behind a taunt wall while the Trogg gets buff as fuck.

Blizzard always does this shit with every game. They pick a single underpowered team/character/tactic and then they just make it stupidly strong and leave it that way long enough for people to absolutely hate it so that they get fucking praised when they nerf it to the ground. Look at Rogue.

PEOPLE STILL DON'T DEFEND ROGUE BEING SHIT for as long as she was because of muh miracle rogue power when she was good. Thankfully she finally feels playable again.

The same stuff happened in Heroes of the Storm. Certain heroes like Skeleton King were just so broken at launch that people praised Blizzard for gutting the character and no one cared if you tried to argue he was too weak. I haven't played in awhile so I'm not sure if they buffed him back up since then. There are much better examples like Illidan I guess.
>>
>>336083636
Armor is strictly better than healing your hero.
>>
>>336089075
>You have to have a one or two mana cost removal in hand immediately

Good thing there are plenty of those and you should always be running them.
>>
>>336088596
Depends on what you find fun. I don't find taking HS seriously fun because of the pitiful variety in viable decks, the lack of card/hand manipulation, and the over reliance on RNG with things like mulligans and knife jugglers. It also features no real counterplay and no ability to act on the opponent's turn.

This is an objectively bad card game that would have never survived a decade ago. Cards like Yogg are the only way to have fun in HS because they exploit the terrible design philosophy behind the game.

When you think about it there is literally no way to stop Yogg outside of something like those cards that increase the mana cost of minions. If I play it, you can't activate a trap that kills it or stops its effect. There is no secret that will prevent the battlecry from triggering.

It's like how if I have minions on the board on turn six I literally have no way to stop Mage from doing flamestrike if they have it. "playing around" a card in HS just involves blindly hoping they don't have it or just never doing actions that could go against it, which in the case of flamestrike means basically not doing shit ever because your whole board would get wiped on the off chance.

On the flip side games like YGO with actual counterplay could have you setup situations where if the opponent does something you predicted, you could actually punish it and push the advantage. You can't even fucking control what card Counterspell stops. It's stupid and it makes HS a game robots should play.
>>
so why was the owl gimped up when there are more deathrattles and buffs being brought into play?
>>
>>336089151
The amount of them that do three damage are far more limited. Dark Bomb and Implosion are gone leaving Warlock with few options to take out Trogg early. Hunter doesn't have a good option and Shaman has to go rockbiter or silence a fucking one mana minion. Rogue would have to do backstab weapon or some other combination of things that involve combo, and she can't attack it if it is behind a taunt wall like it usually is via the feral spirits.

It needs to be a 1/2 if they refuse to change its effect at all.
>>
>>336087257
maybe, but I can beat it
>>
>>336089151
this person obviously plays mage and priest exclusively
>>
>>336089701

they wanted to nerf silence as a mechanic. so they nerfed exactly 1 minion that silences
>>
>>336089874

Why wouldn't I play the best classes?
>>
>>336089701
Poor thinking. Blizzard doesn't really think much at all when it comes to balancing. They are great at designing the general style of a game, but are awful at balancing them no matter the genre.

The Owl was way too much value for what it did. Basically everyone ran one or two of them because a 2 mana silence minion was fantastic. Like Shredder and BGH it completely restricted the entire game and what sort of cards were viable and when.

What Blizzard obviously didn't think about was how there is a silence card for 4 mana that has fucking 4/3 stats. Nerfing owl to three mana without making it a 2/2 or 3/1 makes picking it over the spellbinder almost never a good idea unless you need a really low curve or are doing a beast deck
>>
>>336090013
Keeper of the Grove
>>
>>336086187
>Make really good Overload card common
>Make the new hotness Overload removal minion epic

You don't even understand the depths of Blizzards jewing skill, you're out of your element here kid.
>>
>>336088368
You don't even need stats to figure out if yogg is on average good for you because spells that can only target enemies/allies are still restricted that way and do x is always in your favour (for example you can't give your opponent cards via arcane intellect)
>>
>>336088596

getting fucked over on a mana curve from card draw isn't fun. take back that victory that RNG took away from you!
>>
>>336090013
they nerfed a neutral minion, making it 2/1 silence for 3 mana, while priests still get 0 mana silence, and silence all for 4 and a card draw. At this point your only option is spellbreaker outside of druid/priest/shaman now
>>
>>336090672
Maybe you wouldn't have lost so much tempo by drawing a dead 10 mana card on turn 4.
>>
>>336090493
Indeed I imagine that's why people don't really care to try to figure out the percentages of advantageous cards and such.

For the most part cards that let you draw, cards that say they target an enemy, and secrets will all be in your favor for sure. I say draws because if you overdraw you probably aren't playing a deck that should run Yogg anyway. Decks that benefit from Yogg have poor late games or cycle through their deck really quickly anyway.
>>
>>336090878

but anon, my renounce darkness deck's highest mana cost is 5 aside from yogg
>>
>>336088596
you're having fun wrong
>>
File: master-of-evolution-en-us.png (403 KB, 440x624) Image search: [Google]
master-of-evolution-en-us.png
403 KB, 440x624
>>336092298

>fun
>>
>>336092437

its not always an upgrade. i've seen feral spirits get turned into magma ragers
>>
File: funnytumblrmemeehcksde.png (63 KB, 367x202) Image search: [Google]
funnytumblrmemeehcksde.png
63 KB, 367x202
>druid
>brann into double innervate into 20/20 cthun
>rogue
>prep + save coin + shadow step + 20/20 cthun
>>
>>336092486
For the most part people use it on minions near death. When done that way it is almost always preferred
>>
>>336093114

Yup, just body someone to remove them then upgrade them back to full health.
>>
>literally every new card is annoying as fuck
>all still babbies compared to priest aids that has been the same since 1991
>>
>>336092437
What are the Protoss doing in WarCraft?
>>
File: Bean_Seller.png (203 KB, 500x591) Image search: [Google]
Bean_Seller.png
203 KB, 500x591
Got Grom and Sylvanas.
Got 1600 dust.
What should I craft for my Warrior
>>
File: Infested Tauren.jpg (88 KB, 600x791) Image search: [Google]
Infested Tauren.jpg
88 KB, 600x791
>>336093310
Old Gods mucking about, probably.

>For the Swarm!
>>
File: add an egg to anything.jpg (82 KB, 491x655) Image search: [Google]
add an egg to anything.jpg
82 KB, 491x655
>it's a "C'thun deck" episode
>>
>>336093475

oh. i get it now. thats the second joke it took me too long to get from this set
>>
>>336093687

>Zips

my brother of african descent! tartar sauce is best fry sauce!
>>
What is a viable paladin deck these days for a F2P player? I have no adventure cards.

The only legendary I have is tirion.
>>
>>336092486
Don't use it on overload minions dummy.
>>
>>336093884
>viable F2P decks

There are none. Pony up or play a different game.
>>
>>336093884

>F2P player

if you don't have at least league of explorers you're pretty much just dead in the water grinding up an infinite wall
>>
File: 1460248998981.png (74 KB, 300x256) Image search: [Google]
1460248998981.png
74 KB, 300x256
>>336089151
>>
>>336094025
>>336094046
isn't zoolock kinda cheap to put together

i think it still works?
>>
>>336093376

Variann

that card is SO underrated

try him in a taunt warrior or control warrior deck with a lot of hefty minions with passive effects like ysera or ragnaros.
>>
>>336093783

>tartar sauce

Get off of my board
>>
>>336094135

too many beefy taunts in the game now and the only half decent way around that for zoolock is Gromok the Impaler IMO, it's a minion oriented deck from a fading meta
>>
>>336094158

Varian only works in a wallet warrior, and if the guy you're replying to doesn't have 'all of the above' than Varian is a dead slot
>>
>>336094046
>>336094025
God I hate Blizzard, fucking jews
>>
>>336094158
Well I'd need ysera and ragnaros for that first.
Maybe I should grab those. Feels like they are useful in many decks.
>>
>>336094337

what sort of warrior do you play?

Wallet warrior and taunt warrior are really the only good ones right now in my opinion and i'm a wallet warrior main
>>
>>336094445
I'm kinda building towards wallet/control right now.
>>
>>336094289
i had a little bit of success with it, i think you can probably jew your way to rank five with it or so

but it feels like you need more than perfect draws to beat most decks (and most decks just laugh at you if you don't win by turn 5 or something) and virtually all of my wins are total asspulls with shit like triple power overwhelming, so it's nowhere as consistent as... well anything, really.

my gf likes midrange hunter but i'm pretty sure everything that isn't control right now is having a pretty hard time.
>>
>>336092486
That's why you use it on cards like Nerubian Prophet or Thing From Below, things you play for 1 or 2 and get a decent bodied 4 drop and a 7 drop on turn 5.
>>
>>336094135
Nah Zoolock has to run a lot of expensive cards these days.
>>
>>336094289
>what is PO
>what is abusive
You can also tech in black knight.

All the taunts come in the late game, at a point where you should have a decent board already. This is much better for zoo than having to deal with a deathlord on turn 3.
>>
>>336094550
Shit bro I just got to rank 5 as midrange hunter and I'm not having a pretty hard time
>>
>>336094867
it's a fun deck to play, i like it a lot.

>>336094786
i think i'm only running gormok, do you run leeroy and some other legendaries as well? i'm sad as fuck enhance-o-mechano is gone from the standard cardlist, running that in zoo was pretty fun.
>>
File: tauntwarrior.png (212 KB, 194x625) Image search: [Google]
tauntwarrior.png
212 KB, 194x625
>>336094538

here i'm just gonna show you my two favorite decks i run right now for my warrior, I main warrior and warlock and i've hit rank 8 to legend about every month now since blackrock came out.

i'm kinda neglecting ranked this season though because i'm still experimenting with my whispers of the old gods cards

following two links are a highly experimental deck trying to get reno and c'thun minions in the same deck for warrior, i'm not having much luck with this deck but the taunt deck in the main image uploaded i'm having huge luck with

https://i.gyazo.com/da2382a3d2a7b92a285694713c64a199.png

https://i.gyazo.com/34253008a32244f6c4c2ddf09650ab88.png
>>
I don't know why people complain about assassinate not being able to deal with Flamewreathed Faceless on curve. Sap is basically the best option any class has of dealing with it, they're still fucked next turn and you keep tempo on your side.

The only classes who should have any amount of trouble dealing with flamewreathed are Druid and to a lesser degree Warlock.

The card is still good though but not necessarily when played on curve like people bitch about. It's good because it lets you set up large boards in a single turn, you can fire elemental + FWF on 10 mana, or even double FWF on 8.
>>
>>336095142
Interesting. Actually considered Justicar Trueheart, 4 armor every round is fucking huge.

Might actually craft her now.
>>
>>336095142

>Malkorok

I've played him several times in tavern brawl recently, and i seem to get Cursed Blade 50% of the time
>>
File: 213ds.jpg (79 KB, 273x780) Image search: [Google]
213ds.jpg
79 KB, 273x780
I can't count the amount of times I wish I had a second Brawl.
>>
reminder that even high level players maintain a 50-60% winrate and only with the most meta decks, and only when drawing the perfect combination of cards early on. keep crying blizzcucks
>>
>>336095439
i'm pretty sure everyone here knows the game is dumb as shit

but it's kinda fun for some reason
>>
>>336095403

warrior main guy with the taunt deck above you here

the one brawl is enough if you run two executes

depends on your deck types but you have enough to make up for the second brawl with combos like Disciple of C'thun + execute or slam + fiery war axe
>>
>>336081825
>can't trade

It's bad
>>
>>336095328

Justicar is bullshit for warrior and priest. 4 health back every turn late game can quickly make the game unwinnable.
>>
>>336095329

I mainly use him for 7 drop filler since RIP DR. BOOM

and Gedon doesnt fit my deck's style
>>
>>336095328

Justicar for Warrior and Priest decks actually makes Priest and Warrior decks get to the point where both players start to burn and fatigue themselves and you'll be the last man laughing when you heal/armor it back up then drop reno jackson
>>
>there are people who still haven't switched to playing Duelyst
>>
>>336095892

I don't watch anime.
>>
File: 1401499348917.jpg (24 KB, 494x502) Image search: [Google]
1401499348917.jpg
24 KB, 494x502
>>336095892
>people exist that have not yet witnessed the glory of Chronicle: Runescape Legends
>>
>>336095892

Ranged is cancer, the issue with all them caving into bitching about Shonghai has made the class unplayable

>>336096054

I'm still on the fence about this game
>>
>>336095892
Tried Duelyst, it's even worse than Hearthstone.

Bethesda sent me an invite for their beta for their shitty Elder Scrolls-dressed Hearthstone clone, I bet that's going to be shitty too.
>>
File: 1445630998826.jpg (200 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1445630998826.jpg
200 KB, 1200x1200
>mfw disenchanting ebin cards from classes I dont play after a balance patch for 400 dust and more
>>
>>336095889
You know, Reno Jackson would be great for this, but Im way too jewy to spend 700 gold on that wing.

I want muh boosters.
>>
>>336096483

Reno is a staple and will be a cornerstone of the meta. its worth it man
>>
>>336096483

League of explorers is a really fucking good adventure and the cards are worth it if you bother to grind for the wings or just flat out buy it

Blackrock eeeehhhh only major worthwhile meta card in there is Thaurissan
>>
>>336096578
how long until those and the tournament get phased out?

I'm slightly butthurt over Naxxramas being removed because I havent played much ever since I got some of its wings and now they're gone.
>>
>>336080754

In constructed it's fine. They should've made it a rare though, that shit being common in arena makes shaman even more goddamn retarded.
>>
>>336096794
It will be a while till LoE is phased out, TGT and BRM are going out next year, WotOG and LoE are going out in 2018.
>>
>>336097000
Thats plenty of time then.

Think its worth it to disenchant my Loatheb and Maexxna? Doubt that I will play much wild and that 800 dust should be useful.
>>
>>336097329

I'd have hung onto Loatheb because Tavern Brawls seem to be wild format so far. Maexxna is fine though. can't think of a situation when she was useful
>>
>>336096578

I hope every person who plays Reno Jackson gets anal cancer and dies from it.
>>
>>336097398
Maexxna was nice in the charge + taunt tavern brawl as well as a few other tavern brawls.
>>
File: 1449332319096s.jpg (3 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1449332319096s.jpg
3 KB, 125x125
>>336097398
>>336097474
Dunno if thats worth it for tavern brawls.
I usually just bruteforce them until I get a win for my free shit and then call it a day.
>>
>>336097329

If you're not going to play wild and you have an immediate good use, sure.

I don't intend to play wild, but I dusted my wild gold cards and I'm hanging on to the rest for emergency dust reserves if things turn really dire. Probably going to be a while though, pushing nearly 20k dust and the only two legendaries I'm really considering are Jaraxxus and the latest Dr 7. Old Gods legendaries are good for memes but nothing is really tickling my fancy.
>>
>>336097474

well looks like i can't disenchant anything

>>336097454

i personally do not play it as i don't need it (control priest) but i recognize its a powerful card. and yes a bit cancerous, but it is the needed counter to face decks
>>
>>336097454
The only time reno has an impact is with face decks.

Against tempo it's useless and Against control, it's hit or miss.

Seems fair to me
>>
File: 1439341252365.gif (3 MB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
1439341252365.gif
3 MB, 300x168
>>336097454

>TFW playing Reno/Cthun deck
>>
>>336083889
Made it it rank 13 with yogg-mage, mostly won from spells and flamewalker
>>
Even with a 4 mana 7/7, shamans are still not extremely favored over certain Cthun decks. This is a good card cause Shaman is vastly underpowered.
>>
>>336097454

how much?
>>
>>336097740

I just won a game thanks yo Yogg. He was two turns from beating me but Yogg cleared the board and gave me a chance to regain tempo.
>>
>>336097761
>Shaman is vastly underpowered
>IS

t. Green Elephantsman
>>
>quit the game last year due to boredom
>decide to come back to it because of free packs
>get 13 free boosters and 1 from arena
>opened 2 golden legendaries, 1 normal legendary, and 2 epics so far

I don't even know if I want to come back to this game.
>>
>>336097860
I meant without Shaman was.
>>
>>336097717

I mean, I get that cthun want to go utlra late, but consdiering how many duplicated they want to buff cthun, how does that work?
>>
>>336098028

How does the deck work? Easy. Basically normal Reno/handlock framework with sweepers and removal and a framework of one of all the Cthun buffers. Basically all the Cthun buffers are well statted for their costs anyway, and then layer on top of that with twilight drake, mountain giant, Brann with various good battlecries, some bonus non-Reno heals, and it's a pretty solid deck.

Like all Reno shit it's not ultra consistent since you're running so many singletons of varying quality, but every game is pretty tense and fun.
>>
What's a good app to track stats with? Someone recommended Hearthstonetracker but that PoS seems to not be working with my game
>>
>>336098427
Hearthstone deck tracker is hands down the best.
>>
File: shaman.png (205 KB, 218x537) Image search: [Google]
shaman.png
205 KB, 218x537
I'm running Lightning Bolt over Tunnel Trogg mostly because I don't have Tunnel Trogg yet but I doubt I'd run one or the other.

Do I need a 7 drop to replace the Ogre with or should I just craft Sylvanas? Anything else worth considering?
>>
>>336098592
>I doubt I'd run one or the other
I doubt I'd run both. Well done me.
>>
>>336098592

If you just want to win, you'd be gutting most of that deck. It looks like you're just doing midrangey shit though instead of leaning fully in to tryhard or fully in to memes.
>>
>>336095142
ALRIGHT
disenchanted some shit and crafting Justicar and Varian.

Then I'll have Varian, Grom, Sylvanas and Justicar as Legendaries in that deck. Might replace some of your taunt mans for cards that enrage grom, like whirlwind.
>>
File: 1441118395080.jpg (2 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1441118395080.jpg
2 KB, 125x125
>>336080913
forcing you to spend hard removal or denial on 4 cost minion is fucking retarded
>>
File: 1392011971891.png (79 KB, 250x282) Image search: [Google]
1392011971891.png
79 KB, 250x282
>>336081036
2 mana 1 overload gets you 3/4, and the standard 2 drop is a 3/2 or 2/3, so one overload is worth 2 points.
3 mana 2 overload gets you 4/6 on two bodies with taunt, and the standard 3 drop is a 3/4 so one overload is still worth about 2 points depending on how much you situationally taunt.
4 mana 2 overload gets you 7/7, and the standard 4 drop is 4/5 or 5/4, so one overload is worth... 2.5 points in this case.
5 mana 3 overload gets you a 7/8 taunt, the standard vanilla 5 drop is ~5/6 so 3 overload still close to 2 points depending on how much you situationally value taunt.

I don't think it's reasonable to call it balanced, but it's not as bad as it seems. It just becomes a question of the value of tempo and the availability of answers.
>>
>>336098938
Varian is the worst card you could ever craft. Absolute trash on a scale unheard of.
>>
>>336099008
4 cost minion with Overload 2. And a vanilla 7/7 doesn't usually have that much of an impact. It'll usually trade for 2 minions and that's it.
>>
>>336099083
Spoken like a true noob.
>>
>>336098724
>It looks like you're just doing midrangey shit though
That is correct, yes. I am open to the idea of playing aggro Shaman but I want to try midrange first.
>>
>>336099195

Varian is terrible, it is known.
>>
>>336098592
>>336098724

Anyway, now that I've bitched, some notes.

The one earth shock seems a little questionable. Not really a face rushing deck and there are fewer irritating deathrattles now. It punishes people playing that 1/1 that rattles in to a 5/5 and it punishes zoo decks with the councilman, but only having one in the deck isn't super consistent counter to occasional meetups.

You're fairly heavy on the overload, it may be worth taking unbound eles. Maybe replace the mana tide with one.

Might replace one lightning storm with another unbound. Less shitting minions all over the board at the moment, only especially good against zoo.

Master of evolution is questionable in the deck. You're already running over-statted minions for the cost (Totem golem, flamewreathed). He can be useful to run a guy in and then evolve away the damage he took, but he doesn't fit the rest of the deck terribly well. Evolution memes (Both master and evolution 1 mana card) are better in shaman decks where you fill the board with shit minions.

Rest looks pretty solid for that kinda shaman.
>>
>>336099083
Nah, it's a meme card, for sure, but it's one of the best class Legendaries playable in standard and on par with most other 10 drop Legendaries in the game.
It's usually either a win more card or too slow, but sometimes it can single-handedly win games.
>>
>>336099083

>BEHOLD THE ARMIES OF STORMWIND

>2/6 taunt, ragnaros, ysera

b
a
d
>>
So... Any tips for a new player kinda interested in hearthstone? It feels like such a fucking climb to get a good deck, especially being f2p. Are either adventure worth it?
>>
>>336099352

LUCK
U
C
K
>>
>>336098592
IMHO the deck has too many 6+ drops for bloodlust to be useful.

Also, not having trogg makes the 3/4 totem less valuable. And puts you at risk of being btfo by Northshore cleric and mana wyrm.

If you want to be aggressive, play the 1 drop stealth worgen, at least 1 of the +2/+1 battle cry 1 drop and at least 1 flame totem.

This will help you consistently stick the 3/2 totem dude that you evolve instead of it being destroyed by stuff on board.
>>
>>336099309
You sound like you parrot the opinions of others without having a coherent argument.
>>
>>336099362

both of them have a few really good cards. and they're fun
>>
>>336098938

cruel taskmaster is the best trigger for grom and it gives you a 2/2 body as well as it can kill a 1 hp minion early

trust me bro
>>
>>336099362

Play Arena.
>>
>>336099431
>>
>>336099135
turn 4 facelss turn five taunt wolves

nice time trading with midrange shaman in this meta its impossible turn 6 evovle
>>
>>336099431
Varian was a 5/10 prior to whispers of the old god. Now he is a 3/10 with the whispers. I mean the control archtype will 100% be based around Cthun now. Why are you going to run Varian in a Cthun deck? And if you are not, why are you playing a non-Cthun deck in the new meta?
>>
>>336099362
You should consider picking up Blackrock and loe. This will be in standard for a while and you can disenchant later on for a return.

Best way to make gold is doing arena. The learning curve is somewhat steep but I think you break even at 5 wins.

Do brawl every week.
You can do brawl for gold and quests as most of them give you a deck to play, meaning you can win without a collection.

Starting out, I'd suggest mage or shaman as they don't require many legendary to get to top rank
>>
File: 1460874392984.png (333 KB, 524x358) Image search: [Google]
1460874392984.png
333 KB, 524x358
>>336099442
I might pick up at least League on payday then.

>>336099463
Iknow i'd get my ass kicked in arena though I might give it a try at leat

>>336099758
Thanks for the advice, right now im just trying to scrape 7 wins out for 5 more freebie packs
>>
>>336099836

If you look up card values and how to draft you have a better chance in arena than constructed.
>>
>>336099323
>>336099412
Thanks guys.
>>
File: evolve.jpg (656 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
evolve.jpg
656 KB, 1920x1080
>>336099208
>>336099323

Here's a memevolve deck. Rough since I threw it together a few days ago and haven't played it much since (Fallen down the patron warrior and Cthun hole) but that's the general idea.

Shitty minions that produce multiple minions and/or have sticky leavings. Can get pumped up with rockbiter, abusive, flametongue to keep the shitty minions somewhat viable. Leaves you with hopefully a large board to master of evolution and/or evolve and gives burst potential with bloodlust.

Looking at it now I'd probably cut the fire eles and Hogger and slip in more early game at the very minimum, but eh. EH.
>>
>>336080913
And when their legends start dropping you wish you had removal. Dumb nig.
>>
>>336085798
Hearthstone is Jewish on removal because every minion is inherently removal.

Still doesn't make the card balanced, of course.
>>
>>336096054
Runescape would be a lot better if weekly/daily quests were comparable or better than HS. Or if they threw around a bunch of free packs. Not keen on moving into another hugely grindy card game.
>>
>>336099954
>patron warrior
I was considering playing that as well. It seems like a relatively cheaper deck to make (apart from Grom but he fits in basically every Warrior deck anyway)
>>
>>336081825

Duelyst is some tight ass shit nigga
>>
>>336099893
No idea what card value is. basically a card being more worth it than cards of similar nature?
>>
File: lois lane.png (525 KB, 591x707) Image search: [Google]
lois lane.png
525 KB, 591x707
>mfw I won a game with my C'thun card charged at 30
>>
>>336100420

Right, in knowing what an effect is "worth" in cost to decide what cards to take. Removal is worth X, card draw is worth Y, etc.

If you can pick the right cards then Arena is the most fair.
>>
>>336100553
So basically cards having simply more effect when used in the game which is simple enough though harder to gauge.
I guess i'll try arena out once or twice. I don't think i'll get far but hey
could be worse I guess.
>>
>>336080754
You left the tunnel trogg alive, didn't you?
>>
>>336100372

There are a decent number of cheap viable decks at the moment. The patron I'm running is a bit pricy though, running Sylv, Grom, and Rag. Pads out the threats along with patron swarms/huge berserkers.

Cthun druid is probably the best cheap deck at the moment. Only real legendary it needs is Cthun which is free, rest is largely just commons and rares and no adventure cards. You could slip some good generic shit in there like Sylvanas but it doesn't particularly need it.
>>
Anyone played faeria? Its kind of like duelyst but slow and comfy
>>
>>336100420
When presented with 3 cards in arena some have a higher value than others, this gets deeper as synergy with the rest of your cards starts coming about halfway through the draft.

In general, removal is highest value followed by high value cards who do a lot for their cost (ex: the card in the op), then anything else
>>
>>336100673

Well, and the new Dr 7. Who also isn't mandatory (Because honestly the deck is already obscene with 4 mana 4/10s and 6 mana 5/7s with taunt) but does more for the deck than Sylvanas does.
>>
>>336082471
>play yogg hunter
>cast 30+ spells with loch n' load combos
>enemy plays 20/20 c'thun
>play yogg
>yogg dies
>c'thun mind controlled
>play six secrets
>heal face for 6
>draw 4 cards
>>
File: 1457775266947.jpg (53 KB, 648x484) Image search: [Google]
1457775266947.jpg
53 KB, 648x484
>>336100715
>tfw I really like Duelyst but fear a dwindling playerbase
>>
>>336084606
>le mage trying to build up her c'thun
>keep destroying whatever C'thun shit she tries to keep on the board
>She drops c'thun thinking she's got this in the bag. Leaves my 2/1 alive and goes face.
>throw 2/1 at C'thun and execute him.
>Mage concedes.
>>
>>336085741
>playing mill decks
have fun losing
>>
>>336100771
Who's that? Hogger?
>>
>>336101042

Nope, twin emperor.
>>
File: 1461195357151.gif (73 KB, 675x227) Image search: [Google]
1461195357151.gif
73 KB, 675x227
>>336080754
>DUDE SHAMAN IS SO SHIT LMAO
>give shaman a powerful card like all the good classes have
>DUDE WTF SHAMAN IS GOOD THIS SUCKS

Eat shit, faggots. You laughed at us for too long
>>
File: Possessed_Villager.jpg (43 KB, 400x565) Image search: [Google]
Possessed_Villager.jpg
43 KB, 400x565
Best card coming through.
>>
I want so badly for this game to be balanced and not full of RNG bullshit.

But this is the only online card game that everyone plays and i don't have to blow money on it ;-;
>>
Been playing C'Thun Priest with Twin Emperor.

It's pretty good.
>>
>>336101603
>But this is the only online card game that everyone plays and i don't have to blow money on it ;-;
I know taht feel bruh

Why the fuck can't there be a real fucking competitor to this game?
>>
>>336101603
People play MGO
>>
>>336100093
Every minion is removal, but they need to stick for them to work well. And that's why falling behind on board is currently instalose.
>>
>>336101603
it's a card game brah. you can't take the RNG outt of this anymore than you can Poker.
>>
Convince me that Duelyst isn't trash because it was some basic ass shit when I played it
>>
>>336101964
Hearthstone is far worse for it than the vast majority for obvious reasons.

It also suffers immensely from a lack of variety, making it hard to make legitimate counters to the worst elements of randomness because so few approaches are viable
>>
>>336102303
Without the RNG effects, there would be no swings. It'd be whoever plays the best minion they have at the time until the game ends. Pure draw RNG, no risk involved.
>>
>>336102303
The lack of a sideboard is probably the most offensive layer of rng in Hearthstone.

Now to justify tech cards, they have to be so insanely swingy so that they're worth running for those 30-60% of matches.

As a result we end up with offensively swingy tech cards like Harrison, Kezan and Blood Knight.
>>
>>336102936
That is a problem with the core game and RNG is not the solution to it

You are right - and that is why hearthstone is bad.
>>
They removed quite a bit of really awful rng and randomness can be done really well. HS is good because it takes advantage of its format, and I mean being digital as opposed to physical.
>>
>>336102980

Harrison is barely tech when rogue is popular and every Shaman slams 2 hammers.
>>
>>336101338
>literally a shitter blisterpod
>>
>>336103276
LoE was a step in the right direction, but not WotOG. Shit like Evolve Shaman is rng hell.

Hearthstone desperately needs a mechanic like scry.
>>
>>336103386
It's good to know that paladin and warrior aren't classes. Even then harrisoning a hammer is still SIX FUCKING CARDS and the shaman has to find the second hammer.
>>
File: 1335345.jpg (234 KB, 903x938) Image search: [Google]
1335345.jpg
234 KB, 903x938
>>336087181
Bitch I have an all gold deck and all I need to play is one card.
>>
>>336103634

Controlling the random is the point of the game.
>>
>>336103817
That's why I think blizzard should do something like scry. Most trading card games and deck-building games have something similar to scry or a way to search through the deck.

Hearthstone only has tracking and the guy who draws a 10 mana card.
>>
>>336104045

scry mechanic in a deck of 30 cards would be absurdly broken
>>
>>336104110
It's no more broken than card draw.
>>
>>336104045

Nah, deck size is small enough and there's enough draw power that it's not needed. Any kind of scry would lead to scripted matches.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.