[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
the concept of monster hunter is very appealing to me and im
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Game_Cover-MH3_US.jpg (2 MB, 1526x2147) Image search: [Google]
Game_Cover-MH3_US.jpg
2 MB, 1526x2147
the concept of monster hunter is very appealing to me and im dying to play some iteration of it. would it be worthwhile to emulate this on dolphin? would the single player component of this game offer me a "true" monster hunter experience? if not, what are my other options?
>>
File: 45478871 - ナルガクルガ.jpg (585 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
45478871 - ナルガクルガ.jpg
585 KB, 1200x800
Try P3rd.
Or Freedom Unite if you're a masochist.
>>
>>336079697

is the single player experience of those games superior to that of mh3
>>
>>336079973
While each of the games is more or less a direct upgrade from the last, they each have their own appeal and differences from the others.
Tri has water combat,
P3rd has a neat setting and exclusive final boss,
Freedom Unite is hard as fuck, though not always for good reason

Pick one, try it out, they'll all give you more or less the same "monhun" experience.
>>
>>336080676

is it worth playing exclusively for the single player?
>>
>>336079523
I will say this time and time again to everyone I know.

Monster Hunter Tri is literally the best single player experience for monster hunter. Everything about it from resource collecting, to having to fight every monster solo in a fair, but challenging way was fucking amazing.

I don't like playing Monster Hunter Solo, ever, so I was truly surprised that I dumped more hours into Tri alone then I did for a lot of other games.

In terms of single player:

Tri > 3U > 4U > Older games

In terms of multiplayer:

3U > Older games (with friends) > 4U > Older games (With randoms via xlink).
>>
>>336079697

Played Freedom Unite awhile back. What's so bad about it?
>>
>>336081571

good info thanks
>>
File: 1361575360237.jpg (822 KB, 1426x800) Image search: [Google]
1361575360237.jpg
822 KB, 1426x800
>>336081251
I'd say so, yeah. With P3rd you can always turn to netplay if you feel like getting a hunting party together; PPSSPP has decent support for that. I don't know if Tri on Dolphin supports that or not.

>>336081783
Hitboxes. I love the game, but the hitboxes are absolutely bonkers.
>>
Tri is a terrible first pick.
Least amount of content in general and most of it isnt even accessible anymore because they killed the servers.

3U/4U are generally better picks, but 3rd is alright as a starting point I guess. Its just really easy compared to the others.
>>
>>336081783
It's not bad but it's outdated and some hitboxes are absolutely fucked.

>>336081251
Not him but it really depends on how much you like the game. I've spent around 1,500 hours dicking around in freedom unite and most of that time was in singleplayer but many of the people I played online with didn't really care about playing by themselves despite liking the game.
>>
>>336082114
>>336082008

I see. I actually started with FU, did relatively well but grinding was a bitch. Hopefully the other ones are fun
>>
>>336082768
Hitboxes keep getting less retarded with each game so they're all easier and better to grind.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.