[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it worth playing Demon's Souls? Despite owning it for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
Is it worth playing Demon's Souls?

Despite owning it for years now I have yet to actually play Dark Souls 1, so in case "it will feel clunky and shitty compared to the sequel" is the case, as it is for other older games occasionally, I'll be able to ignore that downside my first time playing it.

I'm a PC fag so the thought of if I should play Demon Souls or not wasn't a concern, but I recently got a PS3 so it's an option now.
>>
Absolutely
>>
>>336061235
its has less weapon and gear variety. Much much less and you also cant jump and it surely feels off but if you don't try it yourself you wont get the truth (well your truth anyway)

better check it out since you already got it and if you dont have fun just toss it aside
>>
>>336061479
You don't need to jump and there may be less but the weapons and animations are cooler than any of the other Souls games.
>>
>>336061235
Good for you joining the good side. Great game, but as you're a PC fag you should know the graphics greatly fall behind today's standards. If it's not a problem for you, then welcome to the console world.
>>
>>336061606
Demons Souls has better graphics than Dark Souls.
>>
>>336061606
kys
>>
>>336061675
different aesthetic yes. I can't say it has better graphics though.
>>
>>336061606
Wow, are all console peasants such fucking faggots?

I literally just bought my PS3 to play Metal Gear and Valkyria Chronicles, but then it was announced on PC literally a few days after I got my copy of it
>>
>>336061235
yes. it is still my favorite videogame to this day
>>
>>336061771
It objectively does though, there was actual lighting effects and more attention to detail. Dark Souls and beyond only improved textures but on consoles they traded away resolution for that. Demons Souls was the only 720p souls game from last-gen and it definitely had the best graphics even outside of that.
>>
Played it after I beat Dark Souls 1 and 2 and still loved it. I think the world and character tendency mechanics are really fucking well done.
>>
I played Dark Souls first then went to Demon's Souls and enjoyed it a lot more despite the changes introduced in DaS.
>>
>>336061675
I don't think so.

>>336061730
Why?

>>336061891
It's true though. I bought my PS3 for anything but graphics and I don't regret it at all. Just being realistic. Try RDR as well if you haven't already.
>>
Unlike Dark Souls, Demon's Souls doesn't stop being good half-way through the game.

It's confusing as fuck to play without a guide, though - there's A LOT of miss-able content that only appears under very specific circumstances.
>>
>>336061479
weapons are varied enough and boss weapons are actually useful, armor is completely useless though.
>>
>>336062442
>Try RDR
I have a 360 for console games, because the PS3 controller sucks ass.
Does anyone make a third party controller that works with PS3s but has the ergonomics of a 360 pad?
I literally got the PS3 just for Metal Gear.
>>
>>336062453
>Unlike Dark Souls, Demon's Souls doesn't stop being good half-way through the game.
ManEaters made me stop playing and delete all my saves. Fuck that gay game.
>>
>>336062890
Pussy.
>>
>>336062890
All bosses in Demon's Souls were piss-easy.
>>
>>336063309
you're delusional. ManEaters didn't belong in that game
>>
File: n9v3gEe.jpg (507 KB, 1653x2343) Image search: [Google]
n9v3gEe.jpg
507 KB, 1653x2343
Still the best in the series.
>>
>>336063378
ManEaters were among the hardest bosses in the game, but they still took me only three tries to beat.

If there is one thing that did not belong in that game it's the two dragons. Overpowered fucks.
>>
>>336061304

lol fag

but to answer OPs question
dont fall for the chinese souls hype

souls have always been low budget (abnormally low) games with mediocre, stale gameplay

it turns out you can market any shitty game to impressionable idiots across the internet if you do it right

the best souls game is 7/10 at best
and that is a very generous number

souls is typically a 6/10 series
>>
>>336063732
This faggot probably shells out for COD and Madden every year.
>>
>>336064270

fuck yeah bro
>>
>>336062742
I use an afterglow controller for my ps3. Has the same layout as a 360 controller and is pretty durable
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.