[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
easiest endboss of the entire souls series?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 227
Thread images: 15
File: III sluos krad.jpg (226 KB, 1200x650) Image search: [Google]
III sluos krad.jpg
226 KB, 1200x650
easiest endboss of the entire souls series?
>>
>>336059000
the final boss of dark souls 2 was easier.
>>
>>336059000
I can't fucking beat Soul of Cinder. I beat Champion on my third fucking try but Soul of Cinder is whooping my ass.
>>
>>336059000
I don't know senpai he was pretty hard for me, I died like 30 times and then had to resort to summons.
>>
>>336059000

That would be Gwyn.
>>
>>336059000
But he is harder than Gwyn and Nashandra. He actually might be the hardest last boss in the series.
>>
the 2 gargoyles from ds 1
>>
>>336059000
Definitely True King Allant. He's just a fucking blob man.

Your trips were wasted on your lies.
>>
Gwyn was much easier
>>
>>336059264
I thought sulyvahn or grundyr where much, much harder.
>>
Demons Souls, Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2 and Bloodborne all have easier final fights.

Doesn't matter though, difficulty is not always a sign of quality. Stop with this retarded muh difficulty meme
>>
>>336059303
I don't think the blob counts as a final boss, it's a fucking joke
>>
>>336059000
DkS2 was easier but SoC was definitely a joke.

I don't understand how people had trouble with him.
>>
He's probably the only final boss in the series that can be challenging actually. that and gwyn without parries
>>
>>336059348
Yes but we are talking about last bosses here.
>>
>>336059000
I was SL 111 so I can't really tell, was wearing full onion armor and could tank entire fucking combos while still being able to roll fast
>>
Easiest for sure
>can stagger
>can parry
>barely has any hp at all
>fucking casts heal during the middle of the fight basically asking 'hey retard, bows your chance to hit me"
>magic form is exploitable, just run up and wail on him as he has no counters to melee in that form
>>
>>336059000
>easiest boss in series!!!
>lvl 80+
>greatshield
>fast weapon
>fire resist gear

There's no way you can compare this boss to the bosses in Das1 which were essentially oversized regular enemies.

If you were doing more than 120 damage to this boss per hit then you were overleveled end of story.
>>
>>336059264
>implying that you didn't beat Moon Presence on the first try
>>
>>336059543
>can parry

So you haven't played the game or what?

Also, Soul of Cinder is by far the most mechanically complex of any of the souls final bosses, and has the largest, most versatile moveset.

In addition, the sheer fact that you can't parry him puts him far ahead of gwyn and gehrman in terms of difficulty.
>>
File: allant.jpg (80 KB, 600x286) Image search: [Google]
allant.jpg
80 KB, 600x286
>>336059000
Have you even played "the series?"
>>
>>336059993
Largest, most versatile moveset goes to Gehrman though.
Cinder has a bunch of moves and weapons sure, but 80% of those attacks are left-right sweeps, right-left sweeps, pokes, slams or sprint attacks
Although he has 5 different forms, his entire moveset is ridiculously generic because they didn't think any interesting or special moves for him.
The only special attack he has is the Soul Stream and the lightning attacks, but even those are just useless projectiles you don't even have to time well to dodge.

Gehrman on the other hand has a fuckload of really different and versatile moves and a fuckload of hyper mode special shit too.
Airwave blasts, insta-parry shotgun pellets, 6 hit combos that can turn into 3 different attacks in the end, teleport sweeps, slight air bouncing, etc etc

Cinder is just a knight boss who uses 5 different weapons, and his moveset reflects that. Its a fun boss but his moveset is just fucking boring.
>>
>>336060554
No, not really.

Each of Soul of cinder's movesets reflect a different fighting style

1. Longsword, the standard melee fighting style.
2. Pyromancer, Scimitar
3. Spear, Miracles
4. Sorceries
5. Gwyn mode, 2 handed

Each of these modes probably has around 8 moves to it, soul of cinder will vary the first phase movesets up after the first attempt as well.

Gehrman is decent, but I found his scythe attacks both very easy to dodge and very easy to parry, in addition, while he was certainly more complex than say, all of the other "final" bosses of the series, he's still not near soul of cinder.

I also found the in general, soul of cinder was both more interesting to fight and more visually interesting beyond the arena.
>>
Nashandra and Moon Presence were easier for me.
>>
Nashandra was way easier.
>>
>>336059000
King Allant will always take that prize gyalord
>>
>>336060917
The only one of those forms that's even really threatening is the curved sword form. He also gets easier in his 2nd form IMO
>>
>>336060917
>easy
>easy easy easy
who the FUCK cares if its easy? Difficulty isn't everything. Cinder might be the hardest final boss but he isn't the best.

>fighting styles
longsword has sweeps, pokes and slams
pyromancer has worthless fireballs, worthless poison mists, sweeps and some spin sweeps
spear has pokes, pokes, pokes and one worthless AOE spell
sorceries is a free damage phase because its so ridiculously easy to just burn him down instantly, and barely anything he does is threatening in the slighest
gwyn mode has sweeps, slams, jumps and a wombo combo for the heck of it.

I don't see how him changing his weapon matters at all when his moveset doesn't reflect that too much. He just has way too many boring moves that you the player have used yourself. Its blatantly obvious they copy pasted character animations for a boss and said "now THIS is good!"

His entire moveset flows well, sure, but it isn't exactly riveting or fun at all to fight against. Too many generic moves and nothing actually threatening.
>>
>>336059394

It's also the closest thing to a final boss.
>>
>>336059189
I don't care what anyone says, Gwyn was a difficult boss without parrying.
>>
>>336059000
That's not Allant, or Gwyn, or Aldia, or Moon Presence.
>>
Easiest to hardest

Old King Allant > Aldia > Moon Presence > Nashandra > Soul of Cinder > Gwyn > False King Allant > Gehrman
>>
is raw better than fire early on?
>>
>>336059000
>tfw soul of cinder was the hardest boss in all of das 3 for me
Anyone else? I was playing a faith build with like no hp and died in 2 hits from everything and barely did any fucking damage.
>>
>>336059000
harder than parry2win Gwyn
>>
>>336061851
Depends.

A lot of enemies in this game are fairly weak to fire.

If you like your weapon buffs, go raw.
>>
How does death work in DS3 vs DS2?

Does your healthbar gradually go down each death or...?
>>
>>336061925
Lothric Knights are the hardest boss
>>
>>336061847
False King Allant is not a final boss, you still need to beat Allant to beat the game, similarly you forgot Mergo's Wet Nurse, since it's also a required boss that can lead to an ending, so it can be your final boss in BB.
>>
>>336062008
no, your max hp stays the same.
>>
>>336061925
yeah, pyro build here
I just couldn't go toe to toe with him
>>
>>336062098
Old King is a joke final boss tho, while False King is the last final challenge, so I thought it was worth putting both.

It's also stretching it to put Wet Nurse
>>
>>336062008
your health goes down like 20%
which is even more useless than the system in 2 because 3 sprinkles embers with a fucking garden hose.
there is practically no reason to not be embered 100% of the time except if you like ultimately suck balls.
>>
>>336061676
If you don't parry and have no poise he's a nightmare.

Nice trips
>>
>>336061925
Hardest final boss? Sure, hardest of all? Hardly, fume, alonne, 2kat, manus, arty, blue smelter, ganksquad, nameless are all in general harder i think.
>>
Ol' King Allen > Nashandra > Gwyn > Soul of Cinder in terms of difficulty.

In terms of fitting final bosses? Gwyn>Ol' King allen > Soul of Cinder > Nashandra
>>
is it bad I couldn't even remember what Demon's Souls final boss was?
>>
>>336062294
I'm just talking about das 3 bosses, maybe not nameless king but dancer, demon king, pontiff, they were all easier than soul of cinder for me. but perhaps it is just depending on your build.
>>
>>336062179
Nurse is more of a final boss than fake Allant, since she both is an obligatory boss and after defeating her you can have an ending, in fact, anyone who plays the game once and choose to awake will have her as a final boss. While you can't beat the game by only beating fake Allan, yeah true one is a pushover and a "atmosphere" boss but he still is one.

If you have true allant, wet nurse is pretty much obligatory in that list.
>>
>>336059284
This, when the first one starts flying and chasing you while breathing fire and the other one is breathing fire at the same time is a bitch
>>
File: ....png (114 KB, 354x407) Image search: [Google]
....png
114 KB, 354x407
>>336059000
di...did you even play the game ?
>>
>>336061490
I wouldn't personally say he get's "easier" in his second form, there are still several attacks that will catch people, notably the funnel combo, and the more aggressive sword fighting and gwyn-esque jumping slashes.

He has seemingly less health, but I also found there to be less opportunity to attack outside of two of his moves, the grab, and long lightning charge, which gave a ton of opportunity.

>>336061524
The whole idea of this thread is "difficulty".

I could very easily state that Gehrman's first phase is boring gun's/scythe shit that is hilariously easy to dodge, but that's vasty oversimplifying him.

Soul of Cinder's uniqueness and challenge compared to the other final bosses like him and other bosses in general, is that he can't be parried, eliminating a large source of the triviality of gwyn and gehrman, and his ridiculously large and changing moveset, the lightning spears, healing, use of power within, ninja flipping, jump homing slashing, funnel comboing, lightning raining, poison mist use, wrath of gods, spear charging, spear scimitar and longsword use, use of soul stream and lightning spears, grab attacks etc.

This unpredictability of this boss is why I enjoyed it so much, I loved the constantly changing battle mechanics, it kept me on my toes and focussed, this is partly why the gwyn phase seemed kind of less interesting, but still actually good.

I just felt like all the other bosses in the series felt really subdued, even gehrman didn't really meet what I felt with Ebrietas or Logarius.

With Soul of Cinder I feel they went all out, and did it perfectly.
>>
test
>>
>>336060554

>Gerhman

literally "teleports behind you" the boss

>even uses a scythe
>>
>>336062989
Did it work?
>>
>>336063054
I made a vaporwave thread that was deleted, I wanted to see if I was banned
>>
someone told me he uses miracles and sorceries? I killed him so fucking he quick he didn't do any of that shit. fuck the dark sword
>>
File: seriously though.jpg (43 KB, 900x562) Image search: [Google]
seriously though.jpg
43 KB, 900x562
>>336061524
>>
>>336059264
>He actually might be the hardest last boss in the series.
Maybe, I still haven`t played BB, but it`s either him or False King. Though I remember having much more trouble with Allant I was also much worse when I last played Demon`s.
>>
BITCH
FUCKING NAMELESS KING
FUCK YOU AND YOUR BITCH ASS DRAGON
>>
>>336063129
https://www.4chan.org/banned
Idiot
>>
>>336063275
Gid gud, and stop locking on.
>>
>>336059000
I couldn't even get him to his 2nd phase without summons, although he was pretty easy with them
still probably the coolest boss in the series
>>
>>336063381
I DIDN'T ITS THAT STUPID ASS DRAGON AND ITS BROKEN ASS MOVES MAKIN ME USE ALL MY ESTUS
...and maybe my shit computer
>>
>shieldless STR build
>using Yhorm's Great Machete +5
>beat him first try with 7 estus to spare
Ok
>>
>>336059125
>survive first phase
>roll away from bullshit combo attack in second phase
>carthus rouge
>r1
>>
>>336063287
It's easier to just do a test in a thread faggot
>>
>>336061676
any boss can be hard when you handicap yourself like that
>>
>>336059000
Did you not play DS2? The 2 final bosses, nashandra and whatever that thing on fire is called, you have to be literally mentally retarded to die to them
>>
>>336062294
No one cares about Dark Souls 2 bosses. The only difficultly in that game was the trash recovery frames.
>>
>>336059000
10 tries. had to level up stamina and strength using the boss souls i had left over(over 300k)
>>
>>336063520
>...and maybe my shit computer
fuck that area desu. I get stable 60fps in the entire game. At Archdrake Peak I get a inconsistent 40fps
>>
>>336062964
Once you see his wombo combo for the first time you will never get hit by it again. The tell for it insane. It also leaves him open for a fuckload of time since he does the entire combo even if you're nowhere near him. The jumping slashes are also really easy to dodge and leave him vulnerable.
>>
>>336059000
Gwyn was a piece of cake even at NG+7
>>
>>336059000

Nashandra and Gwyn were objectively easier.

>INB4 without pattying he's hard

Even then he's not Soul of Cinder hard.
>>
>>336059543
>just run up and wail on him as he has no counters to melee in that form
except for soul greatsword and the constant homing soulmasses
>>
>>336059841
>implying most people fought moon presence in their first playthrough

Wet Nurse, Gherman, and MP are all valid "final bosses"
>>
>>336059000
The end boss of Demons Souls is easily the easiest.
>>
>>336063954
If you fight Gwyn and SoC the same way, Gwyn ends up being harder. His attacks are harder to dodge and way more punishing
>>
File: 1440786450784.jpg (59 KB, 483x308) Image search: [Google]
1440786450784.jpg
59 KB, 483x308
I'd say it's the hardest, but mostly because the final bosses in the other games weren't that much about difficulty.

From harder to easier
Soul of Cinder > Gwyn (no parrying) > Nashandra > Allant

Now that I think about it, I find Cinder harder than any boss in the entire DaS2, DLCs included.
>>
>>336060554
that's the point, he was supposed to basically be a really souped up player, and then some Gwyn comes out at the end
>>
>>336062964
>changing moveset, the lightning spears, healing, use of power within, ninja flipping, jump homing slashing, funnel comboing, lightning raining, poison mist use, wrath of gods, spear charging, spear scimitar and longsword use, use of soul stream and lightning spears, grab attacks etc.
He never uses these in large combos though
he has specific phases for each of those things and those phases are filled with annoying and boring filler attacks that are literally copy pasted from the earlier games character animations
>unpredictability
but it is predictable
He doesn't have all those moves in one phase, he changes them and 2 phases are more than enough to nuke him completely.
If he had used all his moves and transformed his weapon on the fly with his combos like Gehrman did, then fuck yeah he would be better.
>>336063048
How is this an argument?
>>336063163
What exactly in my post was wrong?
>>
>>336064125
>le "I consider the true king the last boss os DeS" meme
>>
>>336063759
i was barely pushing 15...
>>
>>336064140
I haven't seen much art of gwyndolin without his mask thing.
>>
>>336064258
It would suck badly if he changed more constantly, and could do it mid-combo.
>>
>>336064140
>He forgot about lmao 2cat

Way harder than Soul of Cinder.
>>
>>336064323
How can you even play like that?
>>
>>336061524
the spear has that big-ass spinning move that rekted me every time
scimmy also has the r2 attack from its moveset, double verticle spin
his gwyn mode also has a grab from das1
If you think his moves are boring then why bother playing the game since it's the same moves as all the weapons you use
>>
>Soul of cinder
>a boss that reuses character animations, boss movesets and even the music from a game that came out 5 years ago
>great

fucking LOL
how fucking easy are you faggots to impress?
>>
>>336064804
as easily as i was impressed by your bait
>>
>>336064470
You just said that he was the MOST varied and MOST versatile souls boss ever made even if that isn't true.

How is more versatility and more variables now a bad thing?

>it would be different, which is to say bad
wew
>>
>>336059000
Just learn his fucking attack patterns

>Sword phase: block/dodge and attack during openings
>Speer phase, stay close and walk to his right, easiest phase
>Sorcery phase: Stay close and dodge and attack
>Scimitar phase: Run the fuck away, or stay to his left with shield and dodge as needed. Attack when you see an opening or during sorcery. This phase changes after little damage

>Gwyn, dont block but dodge. Attack openings:
>After first lunge attack, but not second lunge attack which he follows up with another attack
>After his mega attack which he end with an explosion
>After a kick
>After a failed grab
>After a thrown lightning spear
>>
>>336064258
It's unpredictable because every attempt after the first, he will change his moveset style in a random order.

The timing for each phase isn't the same either, so he will change up faster or slower, in fact he can change up between them really fast, leaving the player having to adapt fast as well.

The level of unpredictability is huge simply because within the space of 15 or so second second he could have used moves from 3 of his movesets in the first phase, and the player has to adapt to dodge timings, attack spaces, what each animation does etc.
>>
>>336064882
>literal cold hard facts
>bait
whatever you say drone.
>>
>>336060376
this fucking meme again

enemies like true king allant and yu yevon arn't bosses, they're just story enemies you're not meant to die to

in terms of difficulty:

false king allant = gherman > gwyn > SoC > nashandra or aldia, both are piss easy
>>
>>336059000
Would have been a better fight if he constantly changed weapons. Can you imagine if it changed every few swings? It'd be an insane boss fight. Would be far more fun, too.
>>
File: Cranefly.jpg (7 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
Cranefly.jpg
7 KB, 224x225
>>336064947
It is the most varied and versatile boss in souls though, what's your point?
>>
>>336064597
ive gotten used to it
>>
>>336060554
>Soul Stream
Cough cough. The official term is kamehameha thank you
>>
>>336064536
Fine, but I'd say that, more than hard, it's just shit and cheap if you try to solo it.

And the area was supposed to be played in coop anyway, which makes the boss pretty easy.

>>336064368
Unfortunately I don't have any more cropped ones.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/10095559

Rate them overall

And Nashandra is definitely the easiest final boss
>>
Imagine if SoC could use Pyromancies in the second phase. It'd be some real bullshit if he could just spam Sacred Flame.
>>
>>336065024
Thats not unpredictability
Why would it be an issue when he changes to something you didnt expect? Do you react in minutes, not seconds or something? The only unpredictability he has is in his attack RNG and when 80% of his attacks are generic sweeps and pokes that you've already seen a thousand times, the "unpredictability" argument really doesn't hold up for me m8.

>within the space of 15 or so second second he could have used moves from 3 of his movesets in the first phase
And now this is just some straight up bullshit.
He doesn't change that fast, no matter how hard you want him to.
Show me a single video where he changes 3 times in 15 seconds, and where it actually played a huge difference into how you play
Literally the only thing you need to do to beat him is stick to his right hand and roll occasionally
He gets staggered easily too so the straight sword meta just eats him raw.
>>
>>336065164
He isnt though, so whats your point?
Having 5 phases doesn't mean shit when those phases barely change his moveset from sweep sweep poke poke slam slam
>>336065213
dude memes lmao
>>
>>336065418
I didn't specify "change 3 times", only that he uses 3.

I did a very quick run through the first video I found on google,

at 1:32 he changes, and at 1:53 he changes again, that's 21 seconds, but there's probably quicker footage out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQnEEb8A-Ho
>>
>>336060554
Orphan of Kos made Gehrman look like a baby, and Orphan was a baby!
>>
>>336059170
wat, the prince was 20x harder than soul of cinder, I took maybe 15 tries to beat the prince but soul of cinder was dead in like 4.
>>
File: frelseir.jpg (22 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
frelseir.jpg
22 KB, 460x276
>>336065586
He is the most versatile and varied boss though.

He has a ridiculous amount of moves with miracles, sorceries and pyromancies of offensive and utility spells and 5 individual weapon movesets, longsword, spear, scimitar, sorceries and greatsword.

I'm sorry that it makes you so upset, but he really is the taker of the crown when it comes to boss versatility.
>>
>>336065841
The only thing you need to remember for Cinder is that most of his attacks don't use normal timing, he takes just a little bit more time to attack so it fucks your rolling, but once you adapt to his timing its really easy, even moreso on his spear phase.

Just roll and attack, its literally this easy.
>>
>>336059000
Damn, you were THAT bad at DS2? Impressive.
>>
>>336065771
You should be able to invade/become the boss if the host summons players.
>>
>>336065771
Yeah and the guy(s) didn't need to adept at all
on top of that, the second form was just the "free damage here, come get it!" phase

You talk about unpredictability when all his moves are really telegraphed and easy to dodge.
He has nothing thats hard to just simply run away from either.
When I did my SL1 run it was more beneficial to just run away during pyro phase because fighting him on SL1 pyro is just stupid. Just running away was enough to avoid all of his attacks completely. On a levelled character that risk just isn't there.

>>336065808
Well if we include DLC final bosses, then sure, Orphan is the hardest final boss in the souls series.
I like Gehrman a lot more though.
>>
>>336066237
I never really felt the need to "adapt" much with gehrman outside of learning to dodge his guns and aoe, simply because I could just parry like every melee attack.

Very easy boss overall, which was disappointing after some of the more creative and interesting fights in BB
>>
>>336065940
>miracles
3 useless lightning spears that will literally never hit anything because how easy and trivial they are
1 useless AOE that barely does any damage either
>sorceries
The free damage phase? Do I even need to answer this?
>pyromancies
1 useless fireball
1 useless buff that lasts like 30 seconds
1 useless toxic mist
>longsword
sweeps, pokes, slams
>spear
pokes, pokes, and one sweep AOE spin
>scimitar
sweeps, sweeps, flips, some vertical spins
>sorceries
free damage phase
>greatsword
sweeps, slams, pokes, jumps

wow, such versatility
This is like the DaS2 argument
>it has more of it, so its just better
>no matter the moves itself, theres a lot of them so that immediately makes him the best!
>versatility doesn't mean different moves and different timings, it means slight variations of sweeps, sweeps and some pokes too!

wew
>>
>Okay miyazaki we finished the boss
>"add more movesets and phases"
>miyazaki we need to stop
>"no keep going"
>>
>>336063273
>False King
False King isn't a final boss and can be fought before most archdemons
>>
>>336066508
We're not talking about Gehrman though.
The only truly unpredictable bosses in the series are Orphan, Maria and Ludwig with some of his moves.
Orphan and Maria mostly because they're so fast and their movesets are so large that its hard reacting so quickly to everything, not to mention Maria has the fire effects as well, so every attack counts as 2 different hitboxes

Orphan is just crazy with his combos, shrimp throwing, jump attacks, lightning spasms, smash cancels and so on.

Everything in 3 is so much more telegraphed and slower that "unpredictability" isn't really a thing, at least for people with fast reflexes
>>
>>336066508
Then try fighting him without parrying.
>>
>>336066682
>okay miyazaki we finished the boss
>add 5 year old character animations
>wha-
>and 5 year old boss movesets we used in the first dark souls LOL
>hey wait a minu-
>also add the boss music from 5 years ago and rehash it a bit
>don't you think this is a bit to-
>the shit eating fans will LOVE it, khe he he he he he
>>
>>336059000
nah, you just adapted after other bosses, but this boss is very good last boss
>good music
>tons of moves in phase one with all the weapons swaps (can be sadly skipped with high straight sword dps)
>turns gwyn-like in phase two
>tfw summoning 3 phantoms for jolly cooperation and he juggles all 3 of them in the air with his sword

inb4 casul summoning phantoms

yes, for fun at ng++. At least ypu can see all his moves with increased hp pool
>>
>>336066585
miracles
lightning spear
healing
wrath of the gods
>sorceries
crystal soul mass
soul arrow thing
soulstream
soul greatsword
>pyromancies
Fireball
Power Within
Poison Mist
>Longsword
>Spear
>Scimitar
>Sorceries
>Greatsword

You can trivialise his moveset all you want mate, Gehrman's moveset is literally this:

Use sword attacks
Air blasts
Reach scythe attack
Charge Scythe
Jumping scythe
Shoot gun
aoe

To trivilaise this even further we can just say:

Gehrman
>Aoe
>Scythe attacks
>sword attacks
>gun attacks

And be at the same level as you, an just call them generic shitty NPC hunter tier movements for the large part, which is false, but basically equivalent to your comparison.
>>
>>336059189
Naw man I just rolled
>>
>>336063273
Moon Presence isn't that rough, but OoK(dlc endboss) is fucking nightmarish, I've never died as many times to a boss in a soulsborne game even close to as many times as I did to Orphan. Fought him the first time on NG+ cut my character was already there and I died somewhere between 30 and 40 times.
>>
>>336059783
How do you not get over leveled by your defintion if you actually explore the whole game first and don't run past enemies? Am I supposed to throw myself off a cliff twice when I get an arbitrary amount of souls above the "over leveled" threshold?
>>
>>336067027
I never felt Maria was very unpredictable, I agree on Orphan though. I don't really get the "acclaim" that maria has either, I found the fight to basically be a slightly more challenging, but wholly less interesting version of gehrman's fight settup, with the whole NPCish feel.

Ludwig is kind of I guess, his first phase mainly, but once you get use to him, you kind of know when and what he will do with his range, the only attacks I found "unpredictable" to say, were the charge and jumping attacks, the various swipes and forward lunges all felt kind of easy to predict.
>>
>>336067425
>lists the things I just made clear were fucking useless and practically gave you free damage because of how braindead easy they are to avoid
Thanks I guess?
>basically equivalent to your comparison.
Keep telling yourself that too.
I sure do love Sweep #12, god that move is so good
oh and have you seen Poke #7 ?
That move is just SOOO much harder and more complex than Pokes #2 #4 or #5
>>
>>336067027
>Everything in 3 is so much more telegraphed and slower that "unpredictability" isn't really a thing, at least for people with fast reflexes

Ah all of my friends are like "how can you dodge that shit, that's so fast and unpredictable" about me killing some bosses very fast, but most of them telegraph their attacks with simple body moves before attacks even happen.
>>
>>336067707
I sure do love shoot gun like npc hunter, and swing scythe like dark souls 1 pvp, really good combat there, bravo, I've never seen such a lazy boss, they even threw in a stray demon aoe that might as well be fucking copy paste, jesus christ.
>>
>>336067253
>okay miyazaki we added a few mimics to the game
>"thats a good start"
>>
>>336067425
Yeah, he's got a ton of moves and most of them aren't very threatening and leave him open for ages. The magic and spear phases are practically free damage. The only time he made me sweat a little was the scimitar phase and even that's not that bad.
>>
>>336059000
nah. nashandra by far is the easiest.
>>
>>336067668
If you went into the hunter fights with parrying in mind, you had a bad time. Parrying is too strong and it legitimately hurts the experience. Hunters should be fought without guns and even if you do parry, it should be between melee combos and when you have downtime.

>but once you get use to him, you kind of know when and what he will do with his range
Exact same thing with Cinder
Literally the only thing you need to keep in mind when Cinder changes phases is to strafe him even harder
sticking to his right side and poking every once in a while is way too good and he barely has fucking anything to punish that at all. He has no moves that simply get him the fuck out of there and force you to reposition

Ludwig for example has his 180 sword spin that makes him back up simultaneously. his 90 sword ground slash that turns him around, AOEs, and even more

This being said, I don't think FROM will ever top Ludwig as a boss.
>>
>>336067962
So in reference to the threads purpose he's still the hardest boss

Because even with "leaving himself open" he's far, far harder than the Gehrman and Gwyn parry farms, and the rest.
>>
File: 1453371127953.png (136 KB, 400x266) Image search: [Google]
1453371127953.png
136 KB, 400x266
>>336059783
>doing less than 120 damage a swing
>>
>>336059000
Both gywn and nashdra were easier
>>
>>336067737
Played Bloodborne before 3?
Because thats why I view it like I do.
Its just ridiculously simple and easy after BB that its not even that funny. The fact that instant backstabs are back too really doesn't help the normal mobs
>>336067861
>swing scythe like dark souls 1 pvp
101 evidence you've never fought Gehrman, fucking lel.
Enjoy the same moveset and music we saw 5 fucking years ago chum, Im sure the "variety" of sweeps and pokes with sameish timings will tide you over nicely
>>
How the fuck did anyone have trouble with this guy? His attacks are so easy to dodge.
>>
>>336068102
Every phase has a back-strafing punishing move though, or are you just blocking that part out?

His mage part has the soul greatsword, his longsword has a specific backswing, his scimitar and spear modes have spinning attacks, and his greatsword mode will basically always jump up and swing back at you in the homing-gwyn like fashion

There really aren't many bosses in DaS3 you can just circlestrafe.
>>
>>336068115
Hardest final boss? sure, why not.
Best final boss? pffft, nah.

Difficulty is not always a measurement of quality.
>>
>>336068115
Gehrman's much harder than SoC if you don't parry him.
>>
>>336068379
Gehrman literally has no new moves, just swing and shooting, who actually designed this boss, a pre-schooler?

Christ.
>>
>>336059264
Depends on how you count Gehram
>>
>>336068412
>back-strafing punishing move though
Yeah which he barely ever uses for me and when he does its just another sweep attack after which its ridiculously easy to get back in the same positioning.
He doesn't actively seek to fuck you up if you strafe him like the lothric knights, the punishing moves are way slower than normal hits too.
>There really aren't many bosses in DaS3 you can just circlestrafe.
Oh Im not saying that
Im just saying that they don't have very effective ways of punishing you for doing so, or just simply getting behind them.

With bosses like Gehrman or Ludwig, they always actively seeked to keep you face to face and had a bunch of moves to punish you from getting there
>>
>>336068496
>Gehrman is harder if you don't take advantage of a fundamental bloodborne mechanic designed and improved specifically for the gun system!

Even then I still don't find gehrman more interesting or difficult, I find his moveset much easier to get around, and much easier to take advantage of.
>>
>>336068652
xD
>>
>>336059000
Every final boss in the series is easier than Soul of Cinder.
>DeS has multiple final bosses if you don't want to count true Allant, and 4/5 the archdemons are pretty easy gimmick bosses
>Gwyn can be parried to death, or you can just use a high stability shield and be fine for most of his attacks
>Nashandra's only threatening thing is that she can curse you, and if she can't curse you, she just has a health drain aura
>Gehrman can be easily parried to death at range, making it almost risk free compared to parrying Gwyn
Soul of Cinder at least has a combo attack that can fuck you up if you happen to get caught in it and 4 other movesets in his first phase to change things up a bit.
Can you even parry Soul of Cinder?
>>
>>336059000
The Olde One.

Demon's Souls
>>
File: LeeLee.png (233 KB, 569x378) Image search: [Google]
LeeLee.png
233 KB, 569x378
>>336059783
>enjoying bullet sponge KEK healthbars.
>>
>>336068930
Who the hell talked about difficulty?
Gehrman is easy if you know how to parry. That doesn't mean hes a bad boss, especially when fought head on with melee

This whole boner for difficulty and constant challenge is fucking retarded. Not every boss needs to be a huge ass rape.
>>
>>336068930
No way. He doesn't leave himself open nearly as much, he backs off a lot forcing you to reposition yourself, and his stance changes aren't as blatantly telegraphed. SoC literally has entire phases where you can just run up and and smack him in the face and he won't be able to effectively punish you for trying.
>>
I legitimately killed Soul of Ciner on my first try

I'm not being one of those "if you didn't beat the entire game naked with your fists without dying once you're a shitter" assholes. I died to Pontiff like 6 times, NK 5 times. but I legitimately beat SoC on my first try. He just didn't have enough health and he didn't hit hard enough.

From a mechanical standpoint he SHOULD have been the hardest boss, but it's like the reduced his health and damage by half and it made him not threatening.

If NK caught me in a combo or even hit me once and I fucked up the dodge on his next attack, I was dead.

SoC could hit me with the entire wombo combo and I still had 1/3 of my health left to safely retreat and heal.

I think they should have doubled his health and damage, because he was just too easy to fluke your way through the fight.
>>
>>336059000
Soul of Cinder was the easiest for me. I just parried everything and he couldn't do anything. Got him first try at SL83. :)
>>
>>336068857
Sorry, but in the fight he basically always used those specific moves against me, especially the "jump and home slash" in phase 2.

Pretty much all his phases except the magic one, and especially the scimitar one have numerous moves that also punish just strafing to his right as well, you would still have to be proficient at dodging.

Similarly, for ludwig, he didn't have a very effective way of punishing you in his first phase for dodging left after his swipe moves, and getting the stagger in.

Gehrman though, he gave me tons of opportunities to get loads of hits in, he seemed far more easily staggered in the NPC sense, and his guns offered great opportunity to hit him
>>
File: 1411249228472.jpg (90 KB, 739x742) Image search: [Google]
1411249228472.jpg
90 KB, 739x742
>>336069295
>>
>>336069295
I know this is a false post, but you cannot parry the Soul of Cinder boss in the dark souls 3 game release in 2016 by From Software, a videogame development studio
>>
>>336061524
>Generalizing attacks this much
>"Shit nigga what the fuck the broadsword and the greatsword have the exact same moves, right to left sweeps, then left to right sweeps. What the fuck DEY ALL THE SAME"

Glad to see we still get at least one of you retards in every single thread.
>>
>>336069272
Same really, tho Nameless King gave me way more shit.
Felt disappointing that I beat him on my first try with little difficulty, when even Gwyn took me more tries.
>>
>>336069272
The problem with some if not most DaS3 bosses is that they stagger way too easily
SoC especially is really easy to stagger and that opens him up to fuckloads of damage even if you're not using the hottest shit.
They should have given him variable stuns but quicker recoveries imo
>>336069343
See Im not sure if Im better at positioning than you but for me he never uses those moves, and if and when he does its way too easy to recover and get exactly where you were
Positioning is more finnicky in Souls than people think it is, fighting Ludwig for 18 hours straight NG+6 LVL4 taught me that more than anything.
Ludwig did have some jumpback slashes and the charge as well, but yeah, agreed.
Gehrman is staggerable by anything in his first phase but his second phase has him gain infinite poise which effectively changes the entire fight and how it works.
>>
>>336059000

Dark Souls 2 final boss was a joke. The second final boss they added later was a bit harder than her. Gwyn was also easier just slightly considering Soul of Cinder is Gwyn and then some.
>>
>>336069748
This is what it feels like to git gud.

It's... Bittersweet
>>
>>336069573
>generalizing
do explain how the attacks differ fundamentally from each other then? because they really fucking dont.
The small sword has generic sweeps and pokes
The big sword has generic sweeps and jumps, recycled from a game that came out 5 fucking years ago.

You're literally defending a boss that recycles its entire second half from the moveset to the fucking music, from a game that came out 5 years ago.

If I wanted to fight Gwyn I would go fight Gwyn.
>>
>>336069908
I like it. I get to take in the atmosphere without having to worry about dying so much.
>>
>>336059543
Except you can't parry soul of cinder
>>
>>336069980
The small sword has fast sweeps and pokes that come out unexpectedly giving you little time to react and hitting you more often with smaller damage

The big sword has large telegraphed swings with nuances and delays in the animations to mindfuck you into dodging early so he can catch you at the end of your dodge and do massive damage
>>
>>336059000
nice trips.

But Nashandra/Aldia were WAY easier than Soul of Cinder. Soul of Cinder was difficult until you figure out his patterns and how to take advantage of his different forms during his first phase. Once you figure that out the first phase becomes a cake walk. His second phase, however, when the Soul of Gwyn comes out and manifests the Soul of Cinder is when the fights gets crazy. I can see how it'd be easy for some people, it's become easy for me to beat now without dying but my first playthrough he took me multiple attempts. Nashandra took me one, Gwyn took me a few days because I didn't know I could parry him.

Soul of Cinder is probably the best endboss in the series gameplay and mechanically. I think most people can agree there. Gwyn will always hold the spot as the most memorable and dramatic fights though simply because of how it was presented. I think most people can agree with me on that too.
>>
Speaking of the ending to DaS3, what, exactly, is happening in the Usurpation Ending?
>I prithee, wrest the Flame from it's mantle, so that we hollows, in most honest shape of man, may have it for our own
what did she mean by this?
why is the Eclipse purple in the ending?
>>
>>336059000
No. Demon's souls final boss was the easiest.
>>
>>336061925
Yeah I feel like if you don't touch vigor that much he is the hardest boss.

I was watching a video of a guy fighting him and he was talking about how he hits like a truck, but was only doing at most 1/4th of his hp. 1/8th with most of the attacks.

Meanwhile if I got hit once it was time to heal, Alot like nameless king, but SOC is harder to dodge.
>>
>>336070490
>False King allant
>easy
>>
Weapon recommendations for a dex build? I have a maxed out Chaos Blade but looking for something to switch to when estus runs low. Ive heard Lothric Knight Sword is similar the balder swag sword but ive heard good things about the Estoc aswell.
>>
Demon's. How is it even a question?
>>
>>336065841
uh, no, the prince has just 2 phases

cinder has 2 and in one of them he keeps switching between states

the first 6 times I fought him he never used poison
>>
>>336070295
So what you're saying is that the timings change (except the "change" isn't even that significant) but not the moves themselves.

I don't see how this makes it any better at all.
>>
>>336070539
I swear to god, this is either bait everytime its posted or you guys are actual idiots

10/10 mad everytime
>>
>>336070539
I think he was cracking a joke at the "final" boss in the game. When you go inside of the Old One (or whatever it was called. It's been a while since I've played it.)

>>336070669
Took me until my fifth time fighting him to see the poison attack. The first three times I fought him he never switched to his magic stance. That caught me off guard. He also didn't use the soul greatsword attack once until my third play through. Soul of Cinder has one hell of a huge ass move set. Props to Fromsoft for putting that shit together in a balanced way.
>>
>>336063997
Wet Nurse is the easiest boss in the game next to Rom.
>>
>>336070145
It's rare to see someone who isn't bitching that he's too good at a videogame and that it should be more difficult for him.
>>
>>336059000

Not including Demons, Nasandra is a complete joke no matter what build you use. Even Aldia or whatever is easier, but at least over Wife of Nito, he has at least one semi threatening move.
>>
>>336071103
Close, but Shadows of Yharnam are even easier
>>
>>336070539
False king isn't the final boss. You can fight any of the archstone bosses in amy order you just have to beat one before fighting false allant.
I mean inside the old one.
>>
He's the hardest boss in the series at SL1.Fuck him and his stupid random delays in his sword form
>>
>>336071226
easiest BB boss by FAR is Headless BLB
>>
>>336065097
He's the final boss of the game

He has a boss fog
He has a health bar
He drops a soul
He has boss music
He's the last thing you fight in the game
He's the last thing you kill in the game, unless you go for the bad ending then it's the maiden in black
>>
>>336071226
Shadows of Yharnam are literally the 2nd hardest boss in the game for me tbqh
>>
>>336071489
I dont know man
I died like 10 times against him on SL1, while Ludwig, Maria and Gehrman all took fucking HOURS my first time with LVL4
>>
>>336071226
I think that the easiest boss in Bloodborne is probably... I'm not sure actually. All the bosses in that game gave me a lot of trouble, to be honest. I never got good.

Wait, I lied. The easiest boss was by far the Tower Knight version 2 boss. Whatever it was called.
>>
>>336071639
Maria is the second hardest for me. Gherman is an asshole but I got kinda better against him by learning the parry timings. I literally can't get better against soul of cinder's randomly delayed attacks
>>
>>336071636
They are surprisingly brutal on a BL4 run
>>
File: 1410992368170.png (127 KB, 257x250) Image search: [Google]
1410992368170.png
127 KB, 257x250
>can't parry so he's automatically harder than gwyn, who was also in the game where parry mechanics were the easiest to use
>actually moves around without simply shitting curse everywhere so he's harder than nashandra
>>
>>336072064
SoC is Gywn as the Gwyn fight should have been in the first place. Miyazaki "fixed" the Gwyn fight, which he always felt wasn't done right
>>
File: Dissapoint.jpg (103 KB, 585x675) Image search: [Google]
Dissapoint.jpg
103 KB, 585x675
the GAYEST bosses is more like it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz8KJYpRh28
>>
>>336071941
Yeah. Probably the hardest main game bosses at bl4 actually, at least on repeated playthroughs. I was going for BL4 NG+6 and these assholes are the reason I stopped for now
>>
>>336071941
What about Laurence? He's at #1 hardest for me
>>
>>336071915
Maria is easy if you just bait out the backstab-able attacks
Gehrman is a huge tank and it takes using to, he isn't too difficult though

Completing the game twice on LVL4 NG+7 kind of warped my perception, or made it better, I dont know.

To deal with the delays, just run away from him and wait for him to do the running slam or running poke
then attack twice, run away, rinse and repeat
if he goes pyro, just run away
if he goes spear, strafe and dodge continuously right
if he goes sorcerer, fuck him up
bait the jumps in 2nd phase
boom done
>>
>>336072418
I think that's the reason I didn't find SoC that bad. He just has a ton of easy to dodge moves that you can bait out just by positioning yourself right
>>
>>336072418
Both Maria and Gehrman are not too difficult to parry either
>>
>>336072561
IMO, the SoC is one of the few bosses in DaS3 that behaves like an "actual" Souls boss, instead of a Bloodborne boss that they ported into a traditional Souls game
>>
>>336072418
I didn't even think about baiting his easy attacks for the sword form, that would've helped considerably. For everything else that's pretty much how I did it. I'll still always remember him as an asshole
>>
File: 1387767951098.png (854 KB, 600x887) Image search: [Google]
1387767951098.png
854 KB, 600x887
>>336072268
fuck laurence, his second phase is the absolute worst, his hand stomping attacks that take half your HP is not even funny, if he does that when you're close its impossible to dodge and then there's the constant lava stream

fuck orphan, fuck gehrman, they're pushovers compared to this fucking double nigger

not even biggie smalls or capra come close
>>
>>336073164
I think Biggie Smalls comes close. I always have to summon Solaire to beat them because I just can't kite them and get any hits in
>>
>>336065097
>False King
>the boss in 1-4
>final
>>
>>336073164
the hand slam attacks are ezpz to dodge if you've got the OHB popped
>>
I found that the best strategy for most bosses is to simply try and kill them as quick as possible. I built my character to have high strength, dexterity and endurance so I basically played aggressively. Generally, bosses become easier if you just rush to kill them.
>>
>>336073797
In which game? Because in Bloodborne that's true for the most part, but in Dark Souls 1 that'll get you killed so hard most of the time. Same with a few of the bosses in Dark Souls 3 like Nameless King, or Soul of Cinder. Dark Souls 2 most bosses are fucking pussies so you can go ham without caring.
>>
File: 1460580131766.jpg (329 KB, 920x900) Image search: [Google]
1460580131766.jpg
329 KB, 920x900
>>336060554
>>
>>336074464

Dark Souls III.

Specifically, the later bosses. That's how I beat The Nameless King and Soul of Cinder.
>>
>>336059000
I fuckin loved the desing. How he mimicks each build that games allowed. How its suposed to represent your characters since Des. It was amazing.
>>
>>336073797
I can tell you havent played much by that coment. Did you beat Ludwig ? Fume Knight ?
>>
>>336074957

I'm specifically talking about Dark Souls III.

I beat Ludwig, but not the Fume Knight.
>>
>>336074464
>in Dark Souls 1 that'll get you killed so hard most of the time
Did we play the same game? DaS scales poorer than any other Souls game due to the utterly fucked upgrade system. You can get a +5 special weapon less than an hour into the game and kill pretty much every boss 30 seconds after stepping through the boss fog.

Most of the late DaS2 bosses actually have a shitload of health and are agile enough to not be brute forced down. The only exception to this was on launch when everything in Drangleic was weak to lightning and GRS/Climax would 2-shot everything
>>
>play Bloodborne
>immediately play DaS3 after without a run of DaS1 or DaS2 in between
>get completely assfucked because I'm used to having rally/regain and 20 heals at all times
this plan was a mistake
>>
>>336069980
>Broadsword and greatsword are the same!

Glad you let me know I could disregard your post
>>
>>336059000
Are you seriously fucking shitting with me?

In a series where True King Allant exist? In a series where Gwyn exists? In a series where Nashandra or Aldia exists? I a series where Moon Presence exists????
>>
>>336075417
baited :^)
>>
>>336069980
Gwyn was trivialized by parrying, this fixed that
>>
>>336059394
It has a boss health bar and technically it can kill you. It counts.
>>
>>336075665
If it can only kill you by technicalities, then it's not a boss.
It's a statement about Allant, not an actual boss
>>
>>336065228
>Unfortunately I don't have any more cropped ones.
Post the uncropped ones then :>
>>
>>336069030
I had a pretty hard time getting the parries down on gherman
also isn't he unparryable in his later phases?
>>
>>336059000
he's slow and he deals low damage - yeah, after nameless, gundyr and sulyvahn he wasn't a challenge at all.
>>
>>336066585
The fight is a glorified PVP duel what do you expect?
>>
>>336067641
>>336068135
>>336069104
dont worry, >>336059783 is a autismo "make darksouls easymode" player
>>
>>336075951
Gehrman can be parried in all of his phases but he's pretty damn hard if you don't parry at all
>>
>>336059529
>wearing heavy armour when poise doesn't work
>bragging about it.
Oh anon.
>>
>>336077582
>heavy armor was actually useful in DaS1
>it isn't in DaS2 or DaS3
why this? VIT is a virtually worthless stat
>>
>>336077920
>heavy armor was not useful in DaS2
Maybe you should actually play the game before you post stupid bullshit.

In DaS3 they transferred most of the damage reduction from heavy armor to the VIT stat. So now you can wear whatever armor you like the look of, and if you want to have more defense or equip load for heavier weapons you can put points in VIT. Heavy armor still reduces the damage you take anyways, it just doesn't have as dramatic of an impact.
Thread replies: 227
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.