[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Video game ideas thread >Open world sandbox western themed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 16
File: Wild west.jpg (118 KB, 520x250) Image search: [Google]
Wild west.jpg
118 KB, 520x250
Video game ideas thread

>Open world sandbox western themed

>Banking system that allows you to store weapons, outfits, etc.

>Able to loot players for their guns, ammo, outfits and mounts in PVP

>PVE will consist of bank robberies, train robberies, and other goodies

>RPG stats like Strength, intelligence, shooting, survival that will let you engage in PVE differently for example instead of running into a bank robbing it if you have high enough intelligence you can bribe guards and get information from employees to plan better.

>Can play the game solo or join a faction. Joining a faction gives you a higher chance to survive in PVP. Playing Solo means you don't have to split loot with anyone and you can invade any town.

>Will be different classes that have tuned specializations. Bounty hunters can track down wanted players easier and police will co-operate with them easier. Outlaws have the ability to evade police easier and have options to rob more NPCs and players. Bank robbers will have more options when robbing banks and receive more money from doing so. Renegades will focus around solo play allowing you to tame dogs and live in the wilderness.

>There can be legal and illegal professions you can level to earn money if you lose everything. Ranchers can do daily missions to earn gold. Sheriff deputy can protect the town from PVPers without the fear of losing personal items. Smithers can craft bullets and weapons to sell to players and merchants. Mine workers can mine the material to sell to smithers.

>The game will take place in Texas, New Mexico,
I personally think Read dead redemption 2 should adapt some of these ideas for online gameplay or simply create a game like this.

You guys got any cool game ideas? What would you like to see created one day?
>>
File: vidya (v4.2.5 beta).png (4 MB, 1928x2656) Image search: [Google]
vidya (v4.2.5 beta).png
4 MB, 1928x2656
Actually updated this time. Slightly. And I forgot to add something.
>>
>>336056542
>RDR: ONLINE
>BUY MONEY FOR IRL MONEY
>>
hobbit or moomin adventure rpg
>>
>>336056542
>Open world sandbox
I can never understand why people want such horrible things.
>>
>>336056542
This sounds fucking shit and uninspired

Like those spergy minecraft servers which has tacked on RPG elements and factions
>>
I just want a space sim set underwater. Substations, fissures, submarine pirates and deep sea beasties. I want the core gameplay (trading, mining, killing and exploring) to stay the same.

Maybe such a thing exists, I haven't looked very hard
>>
>>336056963

I didn't play much of RDR:Online because soon as i started playing every lobby i was in there as a guy with mods and it deterred me from ever playing it. But this game would have no micro-transactions available except maybe the ability to buy a few cosmetic attachments to clothes and weapons, not actual pieces of gear that can be sold.
>>
>>336057138
"open world" is great, but when you add sandbox to it, it's shit
>>
>>336057467
but muh pvp
>>
>>336057138

Its fun to play a game where you don't have to be super competitive and can just ride around and explore things with friends. Thats why.

>>336057258

Nothing at all like minecraft buddy.
>>
I just want a game where I can run dungeons with friends but isn't shit

Something like a Roller Coaster MMO but only the dungeons, no grinding, no hotkeys, no bullshit. Just an action game about doing dungeons with a group of friends.
>>
>>336057705
How would you keep things fresh & challenging without getting boring?

Also dungeons without grinding is a difficult frame to imagine - the whole idea and concept behind things which involve dungeons is you start off killing small things to get powerful enough to kill bigger things and proceed further to gain more loot.
>>
>>336057467

You have a almost like Fallout enviorment where you can interact with NPCs and discover hidden things in the game while trying to avoid or engage in hostile players wanting to kill you.

Imagine roaming the beach searching through abandoned buildings hoping to find anything valuable and find a guy carrying a rifle and a black stallion just robbed a bank trying to dodge the sheriffs you sneak up on him and murder him taking all his shit he got equipped. Now you got to get back to town to bank that shit before his friends show up.
>>
>>336057881
I want something like Destiny but without the bullshit. You never really have to grind in Destiny, they just give you shit for completing activities. So that's how I'd want it.
>>
>>336057606
>you don't have to be super competitive
>Open world sandbox
>Able to loot players for their guns, ammo, outfits and mounts in PVP

>>336057958
what will actually happen is, you walk to the first building you see, then cyka blyat and you got shot dead. respawn, repeat. how do I know? almost every single new game released under the pretense of "open world pvp"
>>
>>336057958
Not only is this idea sounding lame as fuck but it is also completely unrealistic

A game like what you are describing, with the open world, with all the features, interactable NPCs with all these live action heists and things occurring ALL while in some pseudo-MMO layout would never happen - at least not with a massive budget and a studio of 50+ programmers with a 5 year long time frame.
>>
>>336058118
>You never really have to grind in Destiny
Not sure if you're joking here, Destiny is about as extreme as a grind game you can get
>>
>>336058281

RDR 2 got a massive budget, been in development for over 5 years. more then 50+ programmers working on it. SO how isn't it possible again?
>>
>>336056693
>tfw nobody even bothers to read All That Shit by Me anymore
>>
>>336058506
Reality check buddy, RDR 2 would be nothing like what you are imagining, the list of features in what you described are ridiculously whimsical
>>
>>336058401
Nah, there was no grinding to speak of unless you wanted to Treasure Cave early on. You just did shit and they gave you guns. hell they even gave you welfare coins to buy the good shit from a weekly vendor. It was only a grind if you wanted it to be a grind outside of that it was just casual progression

Contrast it to something like WoW where you spend 16 years grinding for a weapon with a +1 stat on it so that people will take you along to a dungeon so you can get weapon with a +2 stat on it so you can get a weapon with a +3 stat on it.

I just want a game where the gameplay and dungeons are the focal point and the progression is just kinda off to the side. Hell, I'd enjoy Destiny in all of its bullshit if they'd just put match making on stuff.
>>
>>336057881
people have been playing the same map in dota and counterstrike for over a decade without getting bored. it says a lot about mmo gameplay when it can't even hold up to fucking dota.
>>
File: 32_9.png (89 KB, 561x524) Image search: [Google]
32_9.png
89 KB, 561x524
A fighting game mixed with a rhythm game.

Standard combat, but an emphasis on chaining combos in time with the background music for more damage or bonus effects on attacks.
The characters are personifications of musical genres, and their playstyle is reflected by the properties of that genre (ie rock hitting hard, rap being fast paced, classical flowing well between moves). The background music starts neutral, but changes towards the genre of players who keep their momentum up or have time to hype the crowd (taunt).
>>
>>336058281
wouldn't it just be eve but in the desert instead of space?
>>
>>336056542
thatd be fucking cool
>>
>>336059005
EVEs gameplay is largely glorified spreadsheets, the game itself and what is on screen is relatively simplistic
>>
>>336056542
>there's no multiplayer game this deep
>>
>>336058956
Sounds great, I'd main vaporwave.
>>
File: 1461977834989.jpg (252 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1461977834989.jpg
252 KB, 1600x900
>>336056542
>find cop
>buddies
>take his stuff because he gets free replacements
Patch?
>>
>>336058956
>do well with Japanese folk Samurai
>"YOOOOOOOO!"
>>
File: 1461548572068.png (270 KB, 416x636) Image search: [Google]
1461548572068.png
270 KB, 416x636
>>336058220
>almost every single new game released under the pretense of "open world pvp"
None of these games have towns, right? If they do, they don't have banks to store these items, right? Nor professions to engage in?

An actually persistent land like that is super rare, something with an actual economy and action.
>>
File: 1461862648830.png (171 KB, 335x358) Image search: [Google]
1461862648830.png
171 KB, 335x358
>>336058281
SA roleplay servers are already like that.. same with Altis Life and whatever other Arma mods (WL); or SWG emu..
>>
>>336059171
>tfw enjoy EVE's gameplay a lot
>lots of variety, and the maneuverability is like a submarine game with go-fast frigates and supersubs
>gating
>>
>>336056542

open world game

setting is something in between Princess Mononoke, Inuyasha and OoT.

World has the feeling of an elder scrolls game where you can adventure through different towns and villages along the way questing and offering your services to the villages. Unlike elder scrolls the towns and villages would actually be and feel massive.

Would allow you to have an adventure as a large variety of different professions- merchant, blacksmith or leathersmith, demon hunter, soldier etc etc.Based on who you are is what storyline you follow and what you can do in each town.

Combat is something like Chivalry.

Concepts to be incorporated:
player housing
player standing(renowned or legendary fighter/trader/diplomat, royalty, or an unknown)
sexual encounters/dating/marriage/children

gear progression would be minimal. exammple: once you get a sword its no better than others in the world. the exception would be making a sword or other weapon out of a rare material found in questing.

This concept could work as an MMO but i think it would be most successful being a single player game focused on a cohesive story.

Literally been waiting for this game my entire life.

Thanks for reading
>>
>>336057705
DFO. Also gets the benefit of having some of the best action combat of any MMO.

Rusty Hearts is plausibly a 3D alternative.
>>
>>336059816
No they aren't, they are nothing like that - SA roleplay I'm familiar with and it is completely basic and toned down in comparison AND it is on the SA engine from 2004 AND it is a complete after-mod that has taken years from multiple different people to get where it is today not even including the SA development time - it has a fraction of what OP listed.
>>
File: WoWlogo_transparency.png (445 KB, 800x326) Image search: [Google]
WoWlogo_transparency.png
445 KB, 800x326
>>336058872
>WoW doesn't provide (and possibly remove) gear in progressional, rated PvP
I wonder if it would be based on play stats to keep bots out, or just wins.
>>
>>336060172
What OP is talking about is almost a non-issue to script in other game engines.

What engine it's on has no relevance. SA has fine gameplay, albeit isn't fantasy action.
>>
File: 1444503181430.jpg (936 KB, 2373x1500) Image search: [Google]
1444503181430.jpg
936 KB, 2373x1500
>>336056542
I just want a fuckhuge open world game with a fuckhuge budget, set in middle earth and with a focus on exploration. I want to jump into ancient ruins, explore the deepest delvings of the dwarves and catch a glimpse of the nameless things which gnaw at the world.
>>
>>336060478
It's a wonder if the Skyrim multiplayer mod would allow server scripting and everything.
>>
>simulated reality into which the protagonist's conscience is inserted - the world feels as real as it does fantastical somehow
>given the choice of modifying several stats, chose an abode that is yours, a sorta rune thing with some spell that can help you like a buff or something, an artifact like a tool or weapon that can help you out, a companion that you are bound to, and a nemesis that you are bound to
>think like those "choices" things people post on this site sometimes
>all of the things you can chose are not given to you, but must be discovered as you progress
>you can pretty much do whatever you want
There is a goal, however.
>all of the "npc's" are sentient people, like you, who had been put into the simulation
>you are an experimental subject given the means to make yourself great
>the end goal, if you chose to pursue it, is to find and exploit increasingly subtle or difficult "glitches" in the simulation that change the way the world works in various manners, and can give you certain things that can fundamentally modify the game, such as having exponentially increased modulation in settings n shit like that.
>>
>>336060626
>there was never a combo Skyrim mod
It's like 27 animations for 3 buttons, 3 deep.
>>
>>336058956
Sounds very NOICE. Maining /electronic/
>>
>>336059435
Any players that are activated deputies inside a town will get a default revolver and deputy gear that can't be looted.. The only thing you will be able to loot from them is ammunition and by killing a deputy your wanted priority will increase so killing a guy over and over for ammunition won't be possible because bounty hunters will be after you and so will NPC police to slay you.

If a deputy player kills you on the other hand, you will respawn outside of a hospital with your money (-hospital fee), outfit, and ammunition but lose your weapons.

If you surrender in a gunfight and you are arrested you will spawn inside a jail with your money and outfits but lose your weapons and ammunition.
>>
>>336060025
If you add complexity to smiting, like, you actually have to think and tinker before smiting a sword... I'd play the shit out of it. Hell, I'd fund this game.
>>
>>336058681

I'm sure you're the same guy that said GTA V would be nothing like that it wouldn't be possible for developers to make that game with all those whimsical features.

Its rockstar...the company that pushes open world games to the limit. I wouldn't put nothing pass them. I never thought i would see a GTA better then San andreas in HD graphics but once GTA 4 was released i understood this company will shock you with every major release.
>>
>>336060478
Oh piss off what OP described is insane to create compared to SA multiplayer mods (which in itself took years to make and stood on the shoulders of a game developed by another studio over years.)

OP is describing an MMO with practically every trait from Dayz (which in itself is a database nightmare) and with shit that sounds straight out of any other token MMO but also with some dynamic NPCs all of which I will imagine he wants to look like a modern game

It is downright ludicrous
>>
>Sandbox world like Rust
>Enemies spawn in the dark like Minecraft
>start off with wooden materials, eventually upgrade to industrial buildings and factories
>enemies get harder and harder every night
>>
>>336061381

isnt the forest kind of like this?
>>
File: Logo_Star_Wars_Battlefront_II.jpg (1 MB, 7800x3600) Image search: [Google]
Logo_Star_Wars_Battlefront_II.jpg
1 MB, 7800x3600
Battlefront II classes and map styles but sorta like OP's idea? Cool gear unlocks like jetpacks and flamethrowers/shockblasters and whatever else the elite troops have (invisibility). Maybe they have a permanent durability loss, or a 50% chance to be dropped or they disappear completely. Maybe the player just loses all inventory on respawn, and there are stores and an auction house. Upgrades could be as simple as slightly more damage, but they could also include unique abilities and items that are more deep (crafting? turrets?)..
>>
>>336061474
I haven't played it but I heard it's early access and isn't that good yet.
>>
>>336061275
Except GTA V has a fraction of the features compared to SA, and even somehow has less features than GTA IV.

Sure it looks pretty but it has significantly less content than predecessors
>>
File: 2014-10-23_00037.jpg (241 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
2014-10-23_00037.jpg
241 KB, 1440x900
>>336061505
>>
Your only weapon is a shotgun.

Well, your only WEAPONS is a shotgun.

Your weapons are all variations of shotgun, either a fully automatic modern one to a generic sawed-off as your pistol to a shotgun that fires cluster rockets
>>
>>336061505
>Battlefront II has better gameplay than Borderlands, a fucking leveling RPG
>>
>>336056693
>my dream game is a game that didnt came out with fucking final fantasy XIII

and you wonder why no one reads your diarhea
>>
Set in fantasy world. A young boy falls into a cave and explores it. The more he explores he finds a underground vault, the vault is filled with weird robotic creatures for self defense. The more deep he goes you find skeletons and find out that a lot of people used to live there. These people used call themselves Humans. The more you explore the more you end up realizing that the world suffered a nuclear attack called "The Great War" in where two old countries called Russia and the United States send devices called "Nukes" at each other. You end up finding a lab in where a scientist scared of the decreasing population tries to create a new type of human by mutating their DNA to be stronger and different by using Nuclear Radiation from the surface. By the end of the story he experiments on two children called Adam and Eve who in which are the last people in the vault who were born. He injects his last serum into their bodies and they escape through a elevator that goes to the surface.

As the game nears to an end you end up realizing that those two beings is the being you are.
>>
>>336062335
Oh yeah its a 2D pixel platformer

But I feel as if it can be more than that lol.
>>
File: 1431454600001.jpg (1 MB, 4000x4000) Image search: [Google]
1431454600001.jpg
1 MB, 4000x4000
mmo based on this
>>
>>336061589

You're trolling at this point but ill bight.

>Less content

Larger map, more buildings you can access, a active stock market, more weapon customization, WAY more civilians, a entire ocean thats explorable, so many interaction features. mmmk.

GTA V was created for last gen imagine what rockstar have up they sleeve for the next release thats going to be created on current gen. Imagine how long RDR2 been in development and with the success of GTA V how much money they have to spend on developing the game even more.

But yet, you fail to realize gaming is reaching another level. If i showed you PS4 gameplay 10 years ago you would swear that system was from 2030.

Saying something can't be done in this day and age when it has already been proven that it can be is idiotic.
>>
monitoring thread for good ideas to steal :^)
>>
>>336062640
>If i showed you PS4 gameplay 10 years ago you would swear that system was from 2030

tippity toppity lel

the PS4 is so advanced that is already being replaced by the way, good job sonygger
>>
>>336062640
>bight.
It's bite

>more buildings you can access
I HIGHLY doubt that - in SA you could go in fast food joints, hospitals, gambling rings, small grocery stores, ammunation and a heck of a bunch of random apartments/malls and peoples houses when you can rob them - there's barely ANY buildings you can go in in GTAV, hospitals and police stations are no longer enterable (they were in IV) and you can't enter fast food places.

>entire ocean thats explorable
Also in SA

>more weapon customization
Really, who cares

> a active stock market
Literally just an auto updating spreadsheet - hell SA had betting on horses anyway

Your post REEKS of underage
>>
>>336056693
>skimpy outfits where you turn in to mecha musume in combat with a shit generic jrpg story
it's shit senpai
>>
>>336056693
>dream "game"
>muh story, muh characters

jesus, just write a book
>>
>open world sandbox rpg set in medieval fantasy universe

Thoughts?
>>
>>336062823

Being replaced? More like updated but you completely missed my point.

Rockstar haven't released a major title for current gen yet. Like they always do, the game is going to be over the top and blow every current release out the water.

Look at GTA V for example, released on last gen and when the trailer and gameplay footage was released people swore that its not possible for that game to be released on Xbox360/Ps3 until it was released.

You are literally the same guy that will swear something can't be done until its proven then you will backpeddle on your statements.

I guarantee you that RDR2 will be revealed at E3 this year and people are going to be blown away at it.

I guarantee you that it will have the largest map and variety of any game released so far.

I guarantee you that online gameplay is going to be absolutely insane and it will win GOTY by a landslide.

Its funny how i addressed your "Less content" point and you simply make no attempt to rebutal it because im right.

GTA V got more content then every GTA combined so far. Now tell me how a open world sandbox game with the PVP system that i provided is simply impossible? You realize that people said the same shit about WoW before it was released? That is simply isn't possible?
>>
File: Oceanman.jpg (963 KB, 1200x1405) Image search: [Google]
Oceanman.jpg
963 KB, 1200x1405
>>
>>336063207
so skyrim??
>>
>>336062939

Look at the amount of stores you can enter, shop at and actively rob. Look at the ocean environment compared to SA. The stockmarket thing is unique because your in-game actions can effect the fall and rise of stock. There are a shit ton of buildings to enter on GTA V on Current gen you idiot they aren't simply on the map with a blue market beside them you have to find them.
>>
File: k0zetaY.jpg (39 KB, 623x527) Image search: [Google]
k0zetaY.jpg
39 KB, 623x527
>>336063424
>>
File: 1450744990145.png (384 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1450744990145.png
384 KB, 640x480
>>336063424
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>sandbox
>>
File: Stopped_reading_there.png (127 KB, 1153x823) Image search: [Google]
Stopped_reading_there.png
127 KB, 1153x823
>Open world sandbo...
>>
>>336064186
how is it not?
>>
It's an MMO where dying has no real penalty, and death causes a small explosion that doesn't damage other players. The meta revolves around gathering large groups of players and throwing yourselves at the boss.

Progression is floor-based and linear. You must beat the boss to go to the next floor, and they respawn weekly. This way players will have to gather together and pick times to try to get to the last floor, throwing as many people as they can at it because even if they have bad gear their death matters.
>>
>>336064715
This would be fucking awesome

all gear would do is make you run faster/jump farther to try to get to a boss' weakpoint before getting killed
>>
A fighting game that has no health bars. Instead you'll run out a time limit and at the end you'll be scored based on how you fought.

Points can be gained for things like:
>Amount of damage done
>number of hits and combos made. More complex combos mean more points.
>Defense skill. More points for successful guards, parries, dodges, and counterattacks

Points can be subtracted for:
>Spamming. Deductions can stack so it's entirely possible you can deal the most damage and still lose because you kept abusing the same moves.
>Evasive behavior. Having to chase your opponent around because he's constantly hugging the edge of the screen isn't fun. You won't get deductions for taking a breather and properly distancing but if you go too long at too much of a distance you'll start draining points.
>other general dick moves

As far as gameplay it'd be like a traditional 2D fighter with a little more depth to make the scoring system less of an afterthought. Movement options wouldn't be too hefty because close combat is encouraged but the defensive game would be just as powerful as the offensive game to makeup for it. The fights would be flashy but more about barrages of punches, kicks, and weapons than beams and sparkles.
>>
>>336064359

Alright so you just don't understand what a sandbox game is

That's alright, it's nothing to be ashamed of, really, but you should definitely google it and educate yourself before you actually post something retarded.
>>
>>336065326
Sandbox game
A game wherein the player has been freed from the traditional structure and direction typically found in video games, and is instead given the ability to choose what, when, and how they want to approach the available choices in content. The term is in reference to a child's sandbox in which no rules are present and play is derived from open-ended choice. While some sandbox games may have building and creation aspects to their gameplay, those activities are not required. Sandbox games usually take place in an open-world setting as to facilitate the freedom of choice a player is given.
>>
>>336062253
I... what? What the hell you talking about?
>>336063038
That's just the world, I hardly said anything about the actual story. Though the fucking crystals are pretty generic, yes. Still can't come up with anything better.
>>336063097
Gameplay isn't all that matters.
>>
Wanting a game that says go here, kill this. Repeat. Instead of a open world enviorment where you get the choice on how you play. How beta can you people be?
>>
>>336064287

Being this beta you need a computer NPC to tell you what to do and force you to stay on course. Jeez.
>>
File: ss+(2016-05-01+at+02.29.36).jpg (21 KB, 177x360) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-05-01+at+02.29.36).jpg
21 KB, 177x360
Rate pls
>>
>>336056542
>open world
D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
You're an alchemist trying to discover the elixir of immortality. The game would have in-depth potion crafting, the condition of ingredients, the techniques used to prepare them and how they are combined would result in different substances of varying strengths. The player would be able to create a wide variety of potions (and screw them up completely) which they can sell to raise money for hiring adventurers to collect rare materials or you can use them yourself and temporarily enhance your frail alchemist body into that of the mightiest warrior.

There would be no levelling up, alchemy would work like real chemistry (although with fantasy elements) and follow a set of logical rules so with the right ingredients and knowledge gained through experimentation you can make a potion exactly how you want it to be.
>>
>>336056542
http://idiots-atplay.blogspot.com/2014/07/video-game-ideas-cyberpunk-stealth.html
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.