[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How often to JRPGs have playable giant robots?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: AIS[1].png (733 KB, 644x479) Image search: [Google]
AIS[1].png
733 KB, 644x479
How often to JRPGs have playable giant robots?
>>
>>336044549
>Phantasy Star Online 2
>JRPG
>Not a casual dressup/ERP simulator
>>
It's a dying art, sadly. Last one I can recall is Xenoblade X, and the mechs were more akin to glorified accessories. They weren't even that important to the game.

It sickened me on a personal level that you have to go hours without them when you first start it.
>>
Armored Core are all classified as JRPGs
>>
>>336045161
>>336045161

Bullshit.

Nothing RPG like about Armored Core, and if VD and V are any example it might as well be a fucking dead franchise.

I hope to hell Kojima makes some crazy ass mecha game.
>>
>>336045334

>Kojima
>game

Are you confused friend? The only Kojima I know makes cinematic experiences.
>>
>>336044549
>JRPG
How far are we stretching the definition?
>>
>>336044896
>They weren't even that important to the game.
Well not your player controlled Skells anyway. The Prog Ares and Vita had some importance to the story. I wouldn't say it's a dying art since it wasn't common in the first place outside of games that uses them heavily such as Front Mission, Super Robot Taisen and Sakura Wars.

I think Final Fantasy and Phantasy Star are the only major jrpg franchises that allowed you to control one at one point or another.
>>
Cold Steel had some at the end. It seems that they have a bigger role in Cold Steel 2
>>
>>336045860
Cold Steel 2: This time it's personnel kid!
>>
>pso2
>jr fucking pg

Are you serious nigger?
>>
File: ZoE.jpg (237 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ZoE.jpg
237 KB, 1920x1080
>>336045428
>>336045334

Don't worry, I'm sure his next game will be /m/.

I'm just going to keep playing Lost Planet 2 until then.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.