[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>There will never EVER be a new legacy of kain game >There
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
>There will never EVER be a new legacy of kain game
>There will be one ass creed and one cowadoody released every year though
>/v/ is so pleb that it praises shitty mgs writing when the greatest writing/dialogue/story characters were in the LOK games

Why /v/?
>>
Darksiders and Dark Souls were good enough spiritual successors to LOK that I'm okay with it.
>>
>>336025652
Those have absolutely nothing to do with LOK.
>>
>>336025864
And bloodborne has nothing to do with demons souls, it's still called a spiritual successor.

The games have similar mechanics and aesthetics, just different stories.

Or are you just really in love with edgelord vampires.
>>
>>336025375
>Legacy of Buckley: Dead Son
>>
>>336025375
you think you do but you don't
>>
>>336026462
What are you Blizzard
>>
File: 1461799633551.png (9 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1461799633551.png
9 KB, 500x500
>>336026352
>Legacy of Buckley
>Behold the glyph of our vampire coven
>>
>>336026224
But the gameplay isn't the point of those games. It's the story.
>>
File: raziel feels.png (94 KB, 1445x695) Image search: [Google]
raziel feels.png
94 KB, 1445x695
>>336025375
>/v/ is so pleb that it praises shitty mgs writing when the greatest writing/dialogue/story characters were in the LOK games

I used to think that LOK writing was incredible....when I was 14 years old.

Now it sounds like teenage goth william shakespeare in a hot topic.

Perspectives change as you get older.
>>
>WHY ISN'T MY FAVORITE GAME BEING MILKED EVERY YEAR BY RETARD DEVELOPERS AND PUBLISHERS?
Really, faggot?
LoK is dead without Amy. Just look at Blood Omen 2 and Nosgoth.
>>
>>336026808
I think it's both, honestly. It's overwrought and kinda edgy and so forth, but it's also remarkably complex in a good way and has pretty three-dimensional characters. It's a mixed bag but if you look past the inherent edge it's still pretty solid stuff.
>>
>>336026808
It is incredible Amy managed to make a good story out of the piece of red triangle cutscene shit that was Blood Omen even with Eidos forcing her to shit the game out cutting a fuckload of content every single time and then fucking over everything that was built with Blood Omen 2.
>>
>>336025375
This right here is legitimately one of the greatest tragedies in gaming...
>>
>>336026808
>muh edginess

Back when videogame stories were good (before social media) you didn't give a fuck if something was 'edgy' or not

Nowadays a game has either got to be pastel colored nintendo cellphone bullshit to cash in with hipster fucks or MASTER SERGEANT SHOOTER MCDICKINSON DEFEND THE BURGER KING to cash in with 12 year olds

Both above cases have 0 plot whatsoever.
>>
>>336027690
you mean like dark souls?
>>
>>336027216
It could have been so much better, but it is what it is.

The Legacy of Kain movie / cutscene compilation lays bare some pretty terrible plot holes that probably could have been avoided with more care, but the Blood Omen games are just so awful as to read like cartoonish alternate realities.
>>
File: pBTk7MC.gif (2 MB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
pBTk7MC.gif
2 MB, 700x394
>Nosgoth fags now realize shitting out a MP game instead of making a good SP game like the rest of the series was a bad move
>>
>>336027806
It really says a lot about the state of modern gaming when basic hack and slash games are considered the epitome of game design
>>
>>336027806
Dark Souls story is one long chain of "oh, that's cool, I'll put it in!" by the author.
It doesn't even try to be clever or edgy, just obscure.
>>
>>336028098
Japanese writing in a nutshell:

1. Pick random names from a wikipedia shakespear/ mythology article
2. Use names for your monsters
3. /v/: MASTERFUL WRITING 10/10 CRI EVERYTIME
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.