[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I got into pic related after /v/ wouldn't stop memeing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 1444169580998.png (2 MB, 2625x1800) Image search: [Google]
1444169580998.png
2 MB, 2625x1800
So I got into pic related after /v/ wouldn't stop memeing about it and I find it does some things right and some things wrong.

The right:
>the way quests and quest-rewards are handles encourages natural exploration
>the way events are handled
>the world is beautiful

The wrong:
>the graphics don't reflect the art style, and the beautiful hand-drawn 2D stuff is ruined by the 3D
>there doesn't seem to BE much endgame
>temporary content - this probably sounded good on paper though

The fatal:
>no holy trinity - there's a reason this is the norm, and that's because it works, all PvE content is essentially irrelevant without some form of role-based system
>>
File: 1437106990670.png (595 KB, 2543x2338) Image search: [Google]
1437106990670.png
595 KB, 2543x2338
>>336021486
>>
>>336021486
>the world is beautiful
>

also the biggest flaw with GW2 is that there's 0 sense of progression
you get all your skills by level 20-25 and that's all you'll use for the next 60 levels, everything else is just boring passive traits
add the fact that you have maybe 1 or 2 viable damage skills on your hotbar that aren't locked behind a ridiculous cooldown and levelling past a certain point becomes simply obnoxious
>>
>>336022812

I can totally see what you mean about the skill-stuff.
>>
I tried playing it as a casual MMO player looking for something to play with a friend.

I loved the quest system as well, but its main turnoff was the same as most other MMOs.
The combat is stiff as fuck, its difficulty relies on learning needlessly complicated DPS rotations and there is not enough emphasis on the action (dodging/timing attacks)

I guess I'm just not meant to play MMOs. Or maybe oldschool ones, I liked the combat from Tera.
>>
>>336021486
The worst thing was the part where you didn't die when you were killed and could still get helped up again by other players.

That was so shit and killed PvP completly.
>>
File: gw1.jpg (26 KB, 228x320) Image search: [Google]
gw1.jpg
26 KB, 228x320
>>336021486
You could just play a good game instead.
>>
>>336025190
is it still populated
>>
>>336025190

Isn't this 100% dead?
>>
>>336025190

I never played GW1.

Did it have the holy trinity?
>>
>>336025770
Yes. The class roles are very conventional in GW1. I appreciate that they tried to mix it up a little in GW2, but it didn't work, in my opinion.
>>
>>336025986

True that. Do people still play GW? I'm totally feeling like trying it.
>>
>>336025190
;_;
>>
>>336021486
Don't forget every area was a rectangle
>>
>>336026092
I logged in the other day, there's still a small core of players who play. I got arena matches within 30 seconds.
>>
>>336022534
This summed up why I stopped playing GW2 in the nicest, neatest package possible.

Thanks for that.
>>
>>336021486
Best:
- Quest system. More MMOs should implement it, shit's perfect.
- Large world and lots of exploration.
- Huge and varied cities.
- Arena based PvP with balanced stats.
- Boss fights
- Skills
- Okayish story for an MMO
- Level scaling
- Ok crafting
- Wardrobe
- Platforming puzzles with loot rewards

Worst:
- Armor and clothing design is awful mostly.
- Graphics looks extremely bland, especially characters and NPCs.
- Bosses spawn too often. End game is literally a boss killing routine that gets boring real quick.
- Dungeons are completly uninteresting.
- Realm sieges. They are boring most of the time, and takes hours.
>>
>>336027046

Pretty good list.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.