[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get into Armored Core? I tried emulating psp games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: Infobox_Anatolia's_Mercenary.jpg (499 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Infobox_Anatolia's_Mercenary.jpg
499 KB, 1280x720
How do I get into Armored Core?
I tried emulating psp games but I hate single stick controls. Should I play in ps2 or ps3 games? Which is the best AC game?
>>
AC4 and For Answer
Also 2 and 3
>>
>>336019178
I second For Answer. It controls extraordinarily well once you get used to it (I think it's the B control scheme you want), and it plays amazingly. That being said, many people complain that it's too fast, and the early PS1 games are better.
>>
>>336019047
PS1/2 games have 1 stick controls too until From finally learned the PS2 control came with dual analog sticks standard with Armored Core Nexus. If you can't get over the control scheme start with that.

The older games handle better than the PSP games though since they have the appropriate number of buttons the games need.
>>
PS2 games are the best.

Start with AC3, as it reboots the story. Play in release / story order.
AC3 > AC:SL > AC:Nexus > AC:LR
You can import your saves between games with the exception of SL and Nexus due to gameplay engine or whatever changes. Ninebreaker is an arena only spin-off between Nexus and LR with no story relevance, so you can skip it. You can import your save file straight from Nexus to LR so you don't have to bother with Ninebreaker at all.

AC3 and AC:SL don't have analog controls, but you can rebind shit in the emulator settings. Nexus and LR do have analog controls.

As for PS3 games:

AC4 is pretty much a paid demo. It's short as fuck and nothing of importance happens in it.
AC:FA is a more proper game, however I didn't like how they made leg type not matter at all anymore. It's basically flying quickboost fest no matter what type of mech you make.
ACV focuses on multiplayer and the community is already dead, the story is really short, plus it's one of the worst optimized games I've ever played. It can't even hold 20FPS. However they made different mech types actually matter again, however due to lack of co-op players you're pretty much forced to create a jack of all trades mech for story missions
Haven't played AC:VD, but I hear it's at least somewhat better optimized than ACV.
>>
>>336019987
I thought leg type determined your weight cap in FA.
>>
>>336019323
>>336019047
control scheme to go for is Regular-A. it defaults to Simple and that prevents you from doing certain shit
>>
>>336020267
Legs have always determined your max weight, but in FA they don't change how the mech works apart from reverse-joint getting super jump. In the PS2 games

>Bipedal: normal
>Reverse-joint: super jump
>Floating: no jump, but generally fast and can hover over water
>Quadruped: high passive energy consumption, but generally fast on ground and can use heavy shoulder weapons without having to stop as long as you're not in air
>Tank: low energy consumption, low speed, can use heavy shoulder weapons whenever you want without having to stop, even in mid-air
>>
>sony will never put AC3 and its expansions on the PS4 store
Why even live?
>>
>>336020731
I guess the Overed Boost and "fly around like a mosquito firing double machine guns at everyone" idea was too prevalent for them to figure out how to implement the various leg types properly.
>>
File: Lahire model.png (164 KB, 274x315) Image search: [Google]
Lahire model.png
164 KB, 274x315
The best would be ACVD, ACFA, ACSL, and ACLR. The others are good, but not as optimized or chock full of content. Honorary mention goes to AC2AA and ACMOA (on the PS2 and Ps1 respectively.)
>>
File: 4kb of reaction.jpg (4 KB, 95x87) Image search: [Google]
4kb of reaction.jpg
4 KB, 95x87
>>336021034
Thank you for cropping the rest of the image you exemplary citizen
>>
File: 1382582679359.jpg (65 KB, 600x412) Image search: [Google]
1382582679359.jpg
65 KB, 600x412
I'm playing AC 3 on my hacked PSP. Still not a fan of the controls even after rebinding. I do have a vita as well but I'm not sure if my control issues will be addressed. Mostly I've binded Boost/shoot to L and R and it's not very comfortable on PSP.

Do SL and LR fix my control gripes?
>>
I wonder if they'll announce something at E3.
>>
>Start series with Master of Arena
>99% of the enemy ACs jump around you in circles while shooting
>mfw the AI can't handle the low ceiling in the parking garage level, making them easy pickings
>>
>>336022170
>That attacking armored core
"It's a WORKING DESIGN!"
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.