[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily reminder that if you haven't beaten Gwyn, Lord of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: h3vzgcx8spmof7xectde.jpg (453 KB, 878x472) Image search: [Google]
h3vzgcx8spmof7xectde.jpg
453 KB, 878x472
Daily reminder that if you haven't beaten Gwyn, Lord of Cinder without parrying or blocking with a shields, you haven't beaten the game.

You also can't claim that it isn't a hard boss battle, because when you do it the proper way, it most certainly is.
>>
>>336009760
Never have actually. I should give it a try at some point.
>>
I just 2 handed by great axe, staggered him to death
>>
Daily reminder that if you haven't beaten Watch for rolling Rocks without pressing A, you haven't beaten the game.

You also can't claim that half A-presses don't exist, because they do.
>>
all the categories are arbitrary
>>
>>336009760
daily reminder if you haven't beaten the game with your fists only, you haven't beaten the game.
>>
>>336009760
>reminder if you beat the game
>you didn't beat the game

uh-huh
>>
>>336010046
DELETE THIS
>>
There should be a mode where you can replay bosses you beat without having to do the whole long shit again.
>>
File: 1415478556893.jpg (35 KB, 362x346) Image search: [Google]
1415478556893.jpg
35 KB, 362x346
When I beat Gwyn, I didn't know how to parry.
All I did was roll and stab him with my sword.

I still don't know how to parry in Dark Souls 1.
>>
>>336010293
I was the same, just kept casting iron flesh to absorb his damage, still a fucking hard boss. Aso had to do it with a +9 bastard sword as I'd fed the only slab I found to frampt
>>
>>336009760

Reminder that only children and autists set arbitrary rules for gaming.

This place needs more women really, really badly.
>>
Pretty sure I got to see the Credits.
>>
Never parried because I always summoned Solaire
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbdIImbf-Pw
>it most definitely is a hard fight
Sure thing bud.
Sure thing.
>>
File: (you).jpg (30 KB, 353x424) Image search: [Google]
(you).jpg
30 KB, 353x424
>>336009760

Used stone flesh, you're right OP it was difficult but at least I didn't exploit like those casual parry/blockers :^)

The only reason Gwyn is hard is because there's a 5 minute walk between his boss room and the bonfire, so you don't get enough time to adequately practice his patterns before you have to do the tedious walk again. Same can be said of any boss in the game, really.
>>
>>336009760
>no parrying
>no blocking
But stagger locking him with a heavy weapon is okay for some reason?
>>
>>336009760
Daily reminder that OP is always a huge faggot as we can see here.
>>
Daily reminder that if you haven't beaten Gwyn, Lord of Cinder without armor, weapons, dodging and pyromancy, you haven't beaten the game

You also can't claim that it isn't a hard boss battle, because when you do it the proper way, it most certainly is.
>>
>>336011770
Reminder that if you haven't beaten every single boss without any equipment while only using voice commands you're a casual shit
>>
>>336009760
It's insane
Swing and movement speed
reach
diverse moveset albeit somewhat predictable
dont even know if he is staggerable
you want to heal? better cheese him behinde those 2-3 rocks otherwise forget about healing

dude was alright, would drink an estus and smoke some green blossom with
>>
Daily reminder that if you haven't beaten the game as Deprived without leveling up or changing your starting equipment, you haven't beaten the game.
>>
Daily reminder that in spite of irony there are human husks out there who actually think like this
>>
I actually did this the first time since I just assumed you couldnt parry any of the bosses
>>
>>336009760
>if you didn't use mechanics in the game that I used to beat it, it doesn't count
>>
File: 1.webm (2 MB, 1280x705) Image search: [Google]
1.webm
2 MB, 1280x705
>>336009760
>>
File: 1399982710039.png (163 KB, 554x439) Image search: [Google]
1399982710039.png
163 KB, 554x439
>Die twice
>Hmm this guy doesn't kid around
>But wait, he's not very large, what if...
>Try to parry
>It works
>>
Daily reminder that if you play the game you haven't actually played it.
>>
>>336009760
Never parried him, didn't make him hard though.

Just roll and stab, then slash him 3 times when he does the grab attack, and repeat. It will be over pretty quickly.

Soul of Cinder second form is basically Gwyn, but 5 times harder. And that still didn't make him hard.
>>
>>336009760
But the proper way is to block and parry, otherwise From wouldn't have let you parry him you fucking retard. I'm not saying that it's hard to dodge, duck and dive anyway, that's how I killed him in my first playthrough since I was shit at parrying. But the boss is clearly made to be parried and the whole boss fight revolves around said mechanic. You're an idiot OP.
>>
>>336009760
i just poke him to dead with a spear. didn't even know you could parry him at the time
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.