[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do we fix open world games, /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: gtavmap.png (54 KB, 739x714) Image search: [Google]
gtavmap.png
54 KB, 739x714
how do we fix open world games, /v/?
>>
Either make a sandbox or don't bother.
Open worlds are only as fun as the tools you have to interact with it.
>>
>implying the desert isn't the best part of the map
>>
>>336007305
it's pretty good but it should've been bigger to help solve the "one random abandoned industrial complex per hundred metres" issue
>>
The concept is flawed to the get go if you're trying to add depth to the open world and asking us to go look around it like needles in haystacks.

If you're gonna make an Open World game, just put all the collectibles and objectives and interesting stuff on the map. That way you can go fucking around and use the map to your advantage without having to look up a guide on where the most interesting quests are.

Otherwise, you're just wasting our time.
>>
Non-randomly generated map, treasure and monsters.
Lot of caves, crypts, dens, etc. Make secret areas not easy accessible.
>>
>mission objectives are stuff you can just do in freeroam

when will this end
>>
gtav did open world pretty well

It's the fucking cops and AI that needs fixing
>>
>>336009204
>no enterable buildings like IV
>good

no
>>
>>336009725
what buildings would you be hoping for beyond grotty apartments and warehouses
>>
Lock certain areas until the player progresses further into the story. I really like this.
>>
Stop using sheer size as some sort of selling point
>>
Daggerfall did it right. Minecraft had the basic structure but failed incredibly at using it to it's full advantage. Everything else is just as shallow as a tunnel shooter.
>>
>>336011803
Disgusting.
>>
>>336009725
>enter building
>entertained for 3.204521 seconds
>realize theres nothing to do in the building
>exit building
Fuck your strawman arguments, what do you want to go bowling or something? faggot
>>
>>336007305
Outcast killed any and all desert levels for me.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.