[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What bosses did you beat on your first try, Anon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5
File: dificult bosses.png (405 KB, 1470x972) Image search: [Google]
dificult bosses.png
405 KB, 1470x972
What bosses did you beat on your first try, Anon?
>>
Pretty much of them because I'm not fucking retarded. (Except Yhorm because I didn't understand how to use the weapon)
>Oh no, big boss is telegraphing a big attack, better spam dodge until I understand the attack pattern because dodging makes me FUCKING INVINCIBLE.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (224 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
224 KB, 1920x1080
>>336001916
>>
First boss, last boss, and deacons. I died at least once on all the others.
>>
>>336002015
WHAT THE ACCTUAL FUCK, did i just miss this fucking guy or what. Im fighting the fucking lord of cinder all of the sudden, i wanted his fucking sword spear ffs.
>>
Almost all of them except Lord of Cinder and Nameless King.

Once you've beaten one souls game you've beaten them all.
>>
>>336001916

You forgot

>VIG/VIT at softcap
>>
>>336001916

Vordt, Sage, Deacons, Papa Bones, Consumed, Champ, Dragon-slayer, and Soul of Cinder.

Should have beat Yhorm 1st but I couldn't figure out the weapon art.
>>
>>336002093
You can still go do it. After beating the last boss you don't have to go straight to NG+.
>>
>>336001916
Ornstein and Smough, I was in the zone.
>>
>>336002165
>Leveling VIT
>Ever

Literally why?
>>
>>336002093

He's in a hidden area, you need to get the path of the dragon gesture from behind the consumed kings bossfight, and use it next to the dragon statue in the shortcut in irythyll dungeon.
>>
>>336001916
Iudex Gundyr and Crystal Sages
>>
>>336002221
I cant even find him though. My worst part of Das3 is finding out where the fuck everything is. Its so fucking convaluted you are forced to sit with a fucking guide just to find it.
>>
>>336001916
The ocelote dog dragon thing. Why was that a boss?
>>
I did all of them with my eyelids for inputs. I mean you've got to git gud, right guys?
>>
>>336002010
>>336002193

wow so good guy i believe you

that weapon art really is a tricky one though so hard 2 figure out darn
>>
>>336002579
>wow so good guy i believe you

I'm not lying, I was doing a pyromancy run
>>
>>336001916
Lol, this was me after I beat Rom in BB. I knew that if I went through as much misery as I did with him again I'd be shaving years off my life. I used summons for every boss in DS3.
>>
>>336001916
Crystal sage and Deacons, everything else got me with a surprise attack and one shot me because im underleveled as fuck
>>
>>336002243
Because some classes actually start out with fairly low VIT and maybe the armor you want to wear happens to be kind of heavy so you need to put a few points into it to still be able to fast roll.

It's not inconceivable.
>>
>>336001916
Iudex Gundyr
Crystal Sage
Deacons of the Deep
Abyss Watchers
Old Demon King
Pontiff Sulyvahn
Aldrich
Oceiros
Champion Gundyr

Every other boss I got on my second attempt, with the except of Soul of Cinder which took me six attempts.

Oh, also not Ancient Wyvern and Nameless King, but only because I haven't actually fought those two.
>>
NG
>Iudex Gundyr
>Rotted Greatwood
>Highlord Wolnir
>Yhorm

>NG+
>all of them except Pontiff, Lothric/Lorian, and Soul of Cinder
>>
>>336002243

Why wouldn't you? It's the most important stat in the game. You always want to get it to around 25 min
>>
Iudex
Voldrt
Crystal sages
Deacon of the deep
Wolnir
Yhorm (I didn't know Siegward would help me. I didn't use a guide. I just explore every inch of the place before hitting any bosses)
Dragonslayer armor

I don't summon and didn't even use longsword. I used large club until pointif then I switched to greataxe. Finally switched to Yhorm's machete once I beat him:
The highest death count that I had was with the champ, around 4-5 times if I'm not mistaken.
>>
>>336002927
VIT =! Vigor
>>
How have people died to Soul of Cinder more than other bosses? He was like the easiest boss for me. I feel like all of his attacks were just copies of other shit the other bosses in the game did. Super predictable.
>>
>>336002978
Why the champ? Same moveset as early one, no monster form.
>>
>>336003023
I don't think he is supposed to be hard, more sad. Like how you're massively overlevelled by the time you fight Gwyn in DaS. Twin Princes was 10x harder.
>>
>>336001916
not counting deacons of the deep; oceiros, champion gundyr and soul of cinder
>>
Iudex Gundyr
Deacons
Old Demon King
Dancer
Aldrich
Soul of Cinder
>>
Shadows of Yharnham
>>
>>336003023
It's usually a matter of "how long does it take you until you learn to watch out for the combo attack in the Gwyn phase?"
>>
I beat all of the early ones on first try. I felt good about doing Iudex and Vordt first try, since apparantly many people struggle with them.

Dancer too, but it was a clusterfuck and I really didn't learn her patterns, I just hoped for the best.
>>
I beat most bosses on the first or second try. Aldrich took me three attempts because my Ultra Greatsword was so darn slow that if he started shooting his arrows whilst I was in the middle of my swing, it was near impossible not to get destroyed.
>>
Its pointless if you summoned humans for co-op.
>>
I got Old Ivory King down to about 1/10th of his health with only 1 portal sealed because I didn't realise you could rescue the knights, and that was with a med armour/blossom kite/large club build. It was fun as fuck. I think on NG+ I'm actually going to go for the kill with just the one knight.
>>
>>336001916
bed of chaos
4 kings
gwyn
:^)
>>
>>336003550
I often put out my white soapstone if I need to grind a few souls, and I always think why the hell are they doing this? Every single enemy becomes completely trivial once you're 2 or more grouping up on it and the bosses might as well just kill themselves when you have one person distracting it and another getting free hits from behind

The game is not fun in the slightest when doing coop imo
>>
>>336001916
ludex gundyr was harder than the nameless king
>>
File: Dark_Souls60.jpg (57 KB, 289x288) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls60.jpg
57 KB, 289x288
Iudex Gundyr
Vordt of the Boreal Valley
Curse-Rotted Greatwood
Deacons of the Deep
Pontiff Sulyvahn
Oceiros, the Consumed King

Most were usually 1-2 tries, only the The Nameless King and Dancer of the Boreal Valley gave me trouble.
>>
>>336001916
Vordt
Greatwood
Crystal sages
Pontiff
Yhorm (to be fair I read about the gimmick before I found him)
Dancer
Champion
>>
>>336003087
>Same moveset as early one
Except there were some additional movesets. Those kicks, charging trust and charging shoulder often gets me. Also the fact that I was using great hammer didn't help much. I traded blows with him 80% of the time I attack. I should have prepare a fast weapon but I was too lazy to go back to the the shrine at that time.
>>
>start as pyromancer
>can cheese most of the game with fireball
I never really liked magic in the souls games
>>
>>336002010
>Pretty much of them
>because I'm not fucking retarded.

Mhm-hmm.
>>
>>336001916
Crystal Sage
Deacons
Wolnir
Yhorm
>>
>>336002227
Same, I don't get what the deal's about. Taurus was tougher for me
>>
Dancer, was fun, but easy.
>>
>there are cooks in this thread
>who bought literally the same game 4 times to please their japanese overlords
>they played all 4 of them multiple times to get their "money's worth" and all achievments
>these same people will buy and play the same game a 5th time
>and then complain it's too easy
>>
Blood-Starved Beast.
That's about it.
>>
File: 20160422192116_1.jpg (184 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160422192116_1.jpg
184 KB, 1920x1080
>>336001916
Whats wrong with homeward bone-ing? Or did you just need to fill the image?

Because when a try is completely disastrous I often just bone out
>>
I think just:
Iudex
Abyss Watchers
Yhorm (technically I boned out right after getting the sword but just to equip it because my inventory is always a mess)
Oceiros
>>
>>336006410
O&S in my experience are pretty luck based. Some times they are on your ass constantly. Then suddenly one of them will never approach while the other just spams the most predictable attack.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.