[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: 1437645509985.png (497 KB, 814x1319) Image search: [Google]
1437645509985.png
497 KB, 814x1319
>>
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

STOP INSERTING YOUR GAY ORIGINAL CHARACTER INTO GAMES
>>
His boss battle in Shovel Knight is pretty fun.
>>
I'll give him some praise.
At least the best song in the soundtrack plays during his fight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb-1NZyFuSo
>>
>>335998567
Every character is somebody's original character.
>>
>>335998517
Hey, Reize. You roleplay any good /ss/ these days?
>>
>>335998646
shovel knight itself was pretty shitty so

congrats?
>>
>>335998809
What if you make an UNoriginal character?
>>
>>335998809
What about your waifu
>>
>>335998835
how was Shovel Knight shitty?
>>
All I care about is that it's better than any of the furfaggot oc characters.
>>
File: no reize.png (50 KB, 1127x755) Image search: [Google]
no reize.png
50 KB, 1127x755
>>
>>336003428
whats this from? also when will King Knight get his campaign? I want to play this game for the fourth time already
>>
>>335998809

Not everyone is so autist about their OC though, that they try to get it into every new game made by anybody, and spend all their free time and money comissioning art of them, pestering famous artists if they'll do the above, and babbling non-stop to the people around them about the fact that they're doing this every day.

I'm not even sure there's a human being behind that OC. It seems more like some kind of AI stuck in a recursive loop.
>>
>>335999269
for one, it's poorly designed

the only way you'll ever die is if you fall into a bottomless pit or spikes, which will kill you instantly, enemies will never kill you UNLESS they push you into those, making enemies kind of obsolete

pair that with the fact that phase locket is completely broken for allowing you to use it while it's in effect and then not even bosses are a threat anymore

in short, they made a platformer with instant-kill spikes and completely obsolete enemies that do nothing at all
>>
>>335998916
Then it's most likely copyright infringement and doesn't really count.
>>
>>336003772
It seems to me like he wants to create some sort of legacy but is too lazy to create his own stuff
>>
>>
>>336004003
Channel 13, eyewitness news
>>
File: 177846.jpg (49 KB, 479x435) Image search: [Google]
177846.jpg
49 KB, 479x435
>>336003879
You mean Megaman?
>>
>>336003428
Will someone please tell me where this is from. I keep seeing it but no one ever links to anything, and I want to believe it's real but all the evidence points to it being a mockup made by someone who isn't even developing a game.
>>
>>336004398
>>336003879
Both MegaMan and Shovel Knight's enemies matter immensely, but in different ways.
MegaMan has a more analog health bar, with enemies taking anywhere from 2 to 10 or more bars off it at a time. Shovel Knight normally loses 1 or 2 spheres, but starts a new game with a smaller health bar overall. In both games, just tanking enemies will kill you hella fast. It's important to dispatch enemies so that they don't kill you, even if the damn checkpoints are every few rooms in Shovel Knight's first playthrough. New game + is more like MegaMan with there only being checkpoints midway and before the boss.

I may have enjoyed Shovel Knight a bit more if it had lives, but that'd ruin the money penalty thing.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.