[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
whats the most underrated console ever? pic maybe related
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: saturn.jpg (30 KB, 700x499) Image search: [Google]
saturn.jpg
30 KB, 700x499
whats the most underrated console ever?

pic maybe related
>>
>>335992664

DC. Way ahead of his time. Solid piece of hardware
>>
The Dreamcast by far. Saturn behind that.
If only Sega weren't so incompetent.
>>
>>335992664
I've been thinking about starting a Saturn collection lately.
>>
File: bulkslash.jpg (150 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
bulkslash.jpg
150 KB, 640x640
saturn thread? post your favorite games, hidden gems etc. pic related is fun as fuck and casual friendly
>>
At some point, I'd love to own a Saturn and Dreamcast with their best games. It would probably end up being pretty pricey though.
>>
>>335992664
It was designed to be a 2D power house, commercially it was doomed from the start.
>>
Daily reminder that Tom Kalinske wanted to make Saturn backwards compatible with the Genesis but Japan nixed it.
>>
>>335992664
Saturn was awful for 3D games. Worst version of Resident Evil, and lackluster 3D library in that moment of time were 3D was shitty, but everyone was invested in doing it.
The 2D games were unbeatable. I have Sakura Taisen and Tokimemo and they're god tier. plus the other things you could find for it, like the superior version of Symphony of the Night and others.
I remember reading programming for it was a bitch, which is partly what push them to make the Dreamcast dev friendly, but that ended terribly for them.
The Dreamcast is the superior Dark Horse tho.

>>335995369
Do it while you can, games have been really expensive for a while, they can only go up now...
>>
>>335996089
some 3d games are quite impressive on the saturn. in the later years the gap with the playstation was bigger and bigger but i think that's partly due to a lack of involvment from the devs.
>>
>>335996367
That FPS game Powerslave was on Saturn first I think and that game kicked ass.
>>
>tfw bought a saturn when it first came out instead of a playstation

no regrets. was a bit jealous that playstation had more games though.
>>
>>335997148
is that an egyptian themed game in the same vein as Doom?
>>
>>335997424
Yeah.
>>
I'm terribly mad none of the Treasure games for the Saturn are available on other platform
>>
>>335999535
They tried with Radiant Silvergun, but the PSX wasn't capable to handle it
>>
>>335992664
I love this piece of shit. I love it for the sole reason that it's just fucking cool. I don't even have any games for mine, because I bought a fucking American one out of stupidity.
>>
>>335999535
Radiant Silvergun and Guardian Heroes are on XBLA
>>
File: Feelsbadman.png (400 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
Feelsbadman.png
400 KB, 650x650
>>336001041
>tfw Sonnygger

If they're on 360, I may get one now, since they're cheap nowadays
>>
Saturn is a piece of shit and that's why it failed. Terrible console and is basically Dreamcast lite now
>>
>>335996089
Symphony of the night was on saturn?
>>
>>336001409
Yeah, although it has extra content, the performance is worse and missing some graphic effects. Play Dracula X Chronicles if you want to play the extra stuff
>>
Wii U
in ten years times, it'll be the new thing among hipster as it was under appreciated

not appreciated > being shit

Just like the dreamcast
>>
File: images (6).jpg (14 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
images (6).jpg
14 KB, 443x332
>>335992664
Look no further
>>
>>336001867
Wuzzat?
>>
>>336001597
What about the Gamecube

While being a good console it was underappecirated too

I loved it back in the day tho
>>
It's not console but DSi man
>>
>>336001958
PC Engine or TurboGrafx16 in America. First 4th Gen console and first console to utilize CD
>>
>>336002253
Did the PC-CD release before the Sega-CD?

I always tought Sega CD was the first CD console

Guess you learn something new every day
>>
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 300x168
>>335992664
>whats the most underrated console ever?

Pic releated
>>
>>336002302
>xbox
>Underrated

PICK ONE

If anything Xbox consoles are the most overrated shit ever
>>
is saturn the most beautiful console?
>>
>>336002404
Damn Son

That is ONE nice saturn
>>
>>336002287
By about 3 years. Outrageous price tag though. Too far ahead of its time
>>
>>336002532
Oh i see, Interesting
>>
Pc Engine

Lot's of games, but the majority are Nippon3se only.
>>
>>335992664

>inferior 3-d
>average controller(the genesis six-button ones actually felt better)
>fucking BATTERY save
>had ram carts for real saves, but hid this fact from westerners whenever possible
>giant fucking fragile shitcases for games in west, designed to monopolize shelfspace at wal-mart; wal-mart said no fuck you, we can stock 3 PS1 games for every one of you pricks'
>small library, wouldn't port shit, even things they did port came over incomplete like shining force 3 and last bronx

Under-rated? That is literally it's ok if sega does it.
>>
>>336002760
There's one on amazon with CD for $70 right now if you don't have one already
>>
>>335995723
Guardian heroes
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.