[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This game will be dead on survival.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7
File: battleborn-game.jpg (1 MB, 1500x938) Image search: [Google]
battleborn-game.jpg
1 MB, 1500x938
This game will be dead on survival.
>>
>>335991929
but Super Monday Night Combat 2 looks so fun :( I want to play it anon.
>>
>>335991929
it will be dead because of the loadout system.

Imagine if LoL had a mechanic where you could do singleplayer to grind items that act as usable powerups in multiplayer
>>
>>335993217
LoL does have a mechanic like that.
The worst part is that in both games you can't tell what your opponents are using at all. Good luck chasing after that guy with +40% sprint speed. Oh, you didn't realize you were wasting ammo on the tank he only takes 20% less damage from the front. Bird shooting rockets that can take you out in 5 hits, good thing he has 35% shield penetration to make those overshields worthless.
>>
>>335991929
>tfw playing this dead game when it arrives
>alone
>>
I bought it, but won't be able to play it until after a month from it's release. I hope it won't be dead by then.
>>
>mfw want to buy it but don't want to give Fuckford shekels.
>>
File: 1459956318439.png (40 KB, 540x400) Image search: [Google]
1459956318439.png
40 KB, 540x400
>>335996548
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMhfbLRoGEw

nigga please, /v/ boasts about this sorta shit all the time
>>
>complete lack of any kind of hype

What is going on.
>>
>>335997568
As a schmuck, how do I go about playing online?
>>
>>335998037
You don't, Gearbox own the servers.
>>
>>335993808
but you could do that in lol?
>>
gearbox is the worst AAA developer

don't forget they released duke nukem forever and aliens colonial marines
>>
>>335998037
dunno, I don't pirate games
>>
It could've been fine if it was F2P
>>
>>335998240
at least they released dnf
>>
>interested in picking this up day 1
>modes look really interesting, a lot of interesting classes
>plenty of potential for advancement
>too burned by evolve to put the money forth
i-it's going to be good, right guys?
>>
File: I'll bite.png (65 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
I'll bite.png
65 KB, 640x480
>>335998346
And why do you think F2P is a viable business strategy for this game?
>>
>>335998453

If you can wait they're gonna half the price in a few months

If you cant just wait a few days after release and check steamstats, I doubt it will be a major hit but Dirty Bomb (F2P FPS) has very fast queues with 2.5k-5k people
>>
File: 1440085810786.jpg (10 KB, 231x240) Image search: [Google]
1440085810786.jpg
10 KB, 231x240
>>335998453
>>too burned by evolve to put the money forth
I feel ya, anon
Evolve could've been great
>>
>>335998014
they are shitting their pants because they didn't know overwatch was coming out around the same time so they realised any money spent on advertisement would be a waste.

the game is dead before release
>>
File: Captain Amazing.jpg (796 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Captain Amazing.jpg
796 KB, 1920x1080
>>335991929
The beta was very popular on PS4; I played it for five days and I don't think I ever saw the same person twice for the whole thing. It'll probably do alright on consoles thanks to that beta, being very similar to Borderlands (which was a very popular console game) and the complete lack of any Overwatch presence on consoles until after Battleborn actually comes out.
>>
reminder that overwatch open beta launches on the same day

play that instead
>>
>>335991929
>60 dollars for a meme-addled shooter that is visually a mess and doesn't accomplish any of the genres it sets out to be, instead it half-asses all of them.
>Its competing with fucking Overwatch of all games
Dead as a fucking doornail.
>>
>>335998453
Save your money, this game has F2P written all over it and those that shell out the 60 to start are going to get royally fucked in a few months.
>>
>>335999830
>Free access beta does well
No shit, as soon as they slap a price on it people are going to not care anymore.
>>
>>336000031
More people playing the beta means more people more likely to buy the game if it isn't total wank/incredibly niche. I'd barely even heard of Battleborn before the beta came out and playing it made me want to actually get the full game.
>>
Friendly reminder that if you're comparing the two games on anything other than aesthetics you're a fucking moron.
Overwatch is TF2.
Battleborn is Monday Night Combat.

>>335992689
>super
This game's a lot more like the original
Lane pushing is an afterthought because most characters can clear or stall waves effectively, so matches are about the skirmishes from the get-go.

>>335998847
Overwatch's existence itself is marketing for this game ironically. Thanks to the rabid Blizzdrones everywhere.
>>
File: pachter.png (592 KB, 958x495) Image search: [Google]
pachter.png
592 KB, 958x495
>>335991929
Remember when Pachter claimed Borderlands would bomb?
>>
>>335999974
It's likely something that's been planned for. BL1&2 were handled in a similar way, where any sale price for the base game plus all DLC was equal to the release price for the base game. It lets the company round up revenue for eager customers, rather than round down for bargain buyers, while leaving everyone satisfied.

>>336000994
Skirmishes are defined by how waves are dealt with. Take out the big minion without losing yours, and you get overshields when the waves meet. Stand on top of waves as they go down, and (friend or foe) you get the shards of that wave.

And when the grinders move, focusing on enemy players too much leaves your grinders wide open. I've seen dozens of matches end in favour of a low-kill team which distracted their opponent.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.