[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever attempted a speed run of a game? how did it go
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 436px-CavemanSGDQ2015.jpg (30 KB, 436x599) Image search: [Google]
436px-CavemanSGDQ2015.jpg
30 KB, 436x599
Have you ever attempted a speed run of a game? how did it go? why don't you do it any more?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxdhE5O0mGw
>>
Nope
>>
>>335987375
Why not?
>>
No. I'd rather play a new game.
>>
>>335987662
But you can make speed runs with newer games.
>>
>>335987429
Not him but I like to play my games a very specific way. I like to collect stuff and I like to kill the enemies that stand in my way. those things become problematic in speed runs and simply aren't fun for me.
>>
>>335987807
%100 Speed runs are a thing you know.
>>
>>335987697

It would take me a lot longer to complete a game if I attempted a speedrun than to just do it at a regular pace.
>>
>>335987971
Thats what practice is for.
>>
>>335988004

Practice takes time away from actually making progress.
>>
>>335988156
You aren't making any sense.
>>
I could play beat super metroid in like 3 hours and some change was pretty fun would rate the experience 9/10 except i was clinically depressed at the time
>>
>>335988186

Well okay go more in depth into what the fuck you mean by 'practice'. Because practice sounds like doing the same area over and over again until you get a good time, and then moving on. When you could have just moved on.
>>
Will you fuckers piss off. Nobody cares about some trans speedrunner who has problems. Go away.
>>
>>335988339
>except i was clinically depressed at the time
Isn't that was a speed runner is about?
>>
>>335988423
You seem to care.
>>
>>335988425
what*
>>
yeah. ran a variety of games, mostly obscure stuff i personally enjoyed. i've had a few runs in GDQs.

>why don't you do it anymore
because either you're speedrunning for competition, community, self-improvement, or fun. when it stopped being fun, that was the time to stop.
>>
>>335987278
If you play his new videos at 2x speed it's like he still does speed runs.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.