[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you come to terms with the fact that the Wii U is dead yet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: B009AGXH64hardware.jpg (48 KB, 1024x665) Image search: [Google]
B009AGXH64hardware.jpg
48 KB, 1024x665
Have you come to terms with the fact that the Wii U is dead yet? After Zelda comes out, there will literally be no more games for this console.

It's honestly for the best though. You could tell that no one had any confidence in this thing. Marketing was scarce, their biggest games hardly used the gamepad, delays for games were abundant, the console is missing features that are industry standard these days, 3rd parties put out half-assed effort and jumped ship after a year, constant apologies, consumers didn't even know it existed. It was a fucking train wreck

Let's hope they do right with the NX
>>
>>335984483
It's not dead yet..
I got nothing
>>
yet still had the most worthwhile games out of this shitty gen.
>>
>>335984970
For now, at least I hope so for the PS4's sake
>>
>>335984970
>yet still had the most worthwhile games out of this shitty gen.
No it doesn't. If it did, it wouldn't have been a failure. Believe it or not, the mass market wants games like The Witcher 3 and GTA V, no The Wonderful 101 or Bayonetta 2.
>>
>>335984483
Don't forget about Yooka Laylee and Pikmin 4.
>>
>>335985270
I don't think Pikmin 4 is going to be on the Wii U. There's no point in announcing a new game on a console they're going to replace in less than a year
>>
>>335985154
worthwhile =/= large sellers
>>
I have accepted it.

I don't regret getting the console though, despite what the public may want as >>335985154 said I enjoyed my Wii U and the games I got for it much more than I likely would've enjoyed the PS4 or XBone.

I do hope they do better with the NX but I'm worried they're going to put in "standards" like paid online and other consumer-unfriendly practices, plus the mobile shit that's starting to appear everywhere. I'm not very confident about the future.
>>
>>335985406
Yes, that's exactly how it works. If a game is worthwhile and great, people will generally flock to play it.

...Why didn't people flock to play those games?
>>
File: wiiutard.png (64 KB, 648x651) Image search: [Google]
wiiutard.png
64 KB, 648x651
>>335984483

>I'll buy the NX regardless of what it is because It has the Nintendo logo on it
>>
>>335985504
>...Why didn't people flock to play those games?
because they were on the Wii U
>>
>>335985154
The mass market wants more "musicians" like Drake, The Biebs, and Meghan Trainor, not Mystery Skulls, The Rolling Stones, or Iron Maiden.

What's popular isn't necessarily what's good.
>>
>>335985575
But if they were worthwhile games, people would buy the system, no? There were plenty of games that sold people on the PS4 and XB1.
>>
While there were some good games for the system, I look at my Library of Wii U games VS 3DS games and I just feel regret.

While I do have a good time with most of my WiiU games, I wish there was more games for it that were awesome. All of the non-1st party games are mostly crap shovelware.

I wish I got a PS4 instead of a WiiU when I made my choice.
>>
>>335985504
Sales doesn't determine quality, people will flock to anything with good advertising.
>>
>>335985154
>mass market
I guess Justin Bieber is the best artist of all time
>>
>>335985575

And why didn't Sony or Microsoft try to fund Bayonetta 2?
>>
>>335985572
I'll buy the NX if it has games I want to play
>>
File: 1399189849510.png (119 KB, 289x289) Image search: [Google]
1399189849510.png
119 KB, 289x289
>>335985572
Because it's the only console worth owning when all the good Play Station and Xbox games inevitably come to the PC. You've got access to all the worthwhile games if you go Nintendo + 1/2 handheld(s).

Wii U was fucking fantastic, though. I got almost as much playtime out of it currently than I got on my PS2 and GC over their entire lifespan.
>>
>>335984970
Which isn't saying much.
>>
>>335985651
Speculation ≠ fact

Cut that shit out.
I bought an Xbox One because my brother pestered me to play online with him. He bought one because of CoD and Halo. No game sold me. My annoying brother did.
>>
>>335985652
>All of the non-1st party games are mostly crap shovelware
The early ports were pretty fucking solid same with Rayman.
Last good 3rd party game I got for the WiiU was Rodea and it was because it came with the Wii game
>>
I don't care if it's dead. I got a a lot more gaming and fun time than I did with my ps4. Definitely go my money's worth.

Frozen dong, mario 3d world, Rayman, mario kart, m maker, pikmim 3 were all a ton of fun. Plus, xenoblade x is my goty...along with car soccer
>>
>>335985651
>There were plenty of games that sold people on the PS4 and XB1
Because they were all proven franchises with WIDE appeal. Anyone can enjoy Popcorn but it takes an acquired taste to enjoy something like octopus. One is not inherently better than the other, they're just different
>>
>>335985450
Yeah, it doesn't matter. It'll end up being the Dreamcast of this gen; a loser business-wise, but with a cult following of good games and devoted fans.

Nothing this gen is comfier than crashing on your bed with off-tv play. I don't care that games didn't utilize gamepad gimmicks; off-tv play is the most underrated in terms of pure comfort.
>>
>>335986046
>Dreamcast
You mean Saturn
Dreamcast was doing fairly good on it's own but fell under the weight of multiple other failures
>>
>>335985504
Popularity is not always indicative of quality, just look at shit like the Twilight saga and how much money it made.
>>
File: image.png (643 KB, 780x960) Image search: [Google]
image.png
643 KB, 780x960
But I'm still playing Pokken

And I'm currently enjoying Star Fox Zero because I'm not a casual bitch

And I'm still planning to buy Tokyo Mirage Session

And I'm actually looking forward to see what they are going to do with Paper Mario Color Splash

And you have to be stupid to think we aren't getting some new games at E3 for tne fall, Nintendo always does, Zelda U being the only playable games doesn't mean we aren't getting new announcements

Clearly tne Wii U's going to be dead soon, no shit

But for the current time I'm still enjoying it

Hell I haven't even started Xenoblade Chronicles X, Wind Waker HD nor BAYONETTA 1 +2

Say what you will, but I'm satisfied, especially with virtual console games like DK64
>>
>>335985686

Justin Bieber is unironically good
>>
>>335986254
Saturn was dead in the water from the get go. Reading up on Sega's history, they really did make some terrible decisions.

Does the Saturn have a cult following? Admittedly, I haven't played many Sega games so I don't know.
>>
>>335986572
Yeah Saturn is pretty fucking popular and mirror's the WiiU a lot more closely
>>
>>335985746

>twice as playtime out of it current than I got on my PS2

Well you have to actually buy games to play them, Anon. Otherwise you could lock yourself in a room with a PS2 for a decade and still be happy.
>>
>>335986552
>Justin Bieber's Producers is unironically good

Sorry, I just hate when people make typos
>>
>>335988807
are*
>>
>>335985504
You're a fucking idiot.
>>
If the NX is backwards compatible with the Wii U and $400 or below its a first day buy for me.

Otherwise, I'm just going to wait until I can emulate the three games I want: Bayo, Sm4sh, SF0.

I hate the hardware, I hate the game pad's shitty build and arse screen, and I hate that because the game pad was such a fuck up you need a wiimote, pro controller, and maybe even a GameCube adapter to play different games properly.

The Wii U was dead on arrival.
>>
Nintendo are an idiotic company these days, and they shouldn't be in the console market.

It makes plenty of sense to develop their high quality software on better hardware with more units sold, but the dumb japs running the company don't want to break what's been a "winning formula" for the last 25 years.

They're a failure and don't deserve any sympathy. Even their games have gotten significantly less creative than they once were, especially Mario 3D World.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.