[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this series any good if I'm almost twenty and never played
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 300x168
Is this series any good if I'm almost twenty and never played it before? I see all this shit in the thratres and youtube and stuff and I kind of want t know what the big deal is. Should I pick it up?
>>
Why was the movie so fucking bad
>>
>>335985656
How often do video game movies go right anon?
>>
>>335984229
>I kind of want t know what the big deal is.
nostalgia mostly, a lot of people here grew up with that series.
>>
>>335985656
If you like R&C it's decent.
>>
Up your arsenal is the best
>>
Worst movie I have ever seen.

Taking children to this movie is the same thing as child abuse.
>>
>>335984229
>>335986007
It's not nostalgia at all, I'm 21 and my first experience with the series was the reboot, I thought it was fucking fantastic. I'm glad it's selling well, I want a sequel yesterday.
>>
>>335985656
>take series intended for teens/young adults
>put kid gloves on everything
>make it as bland as humanly possible
>add in a bunch of new side characters only for the purpose of Hollywood cameos phoning it in

It is a mystery.
>>
>>335986148
Congratulations, you've got autism.
>>
>>335985656

Head writer left the project 2 years ago due to conflict with the director.

Original draft was closer to the games.
Director wanted to do more shit like The Minions with the property
>>
The games are fun, they have a nice progression treadmill and the humor keeps you smiling.

The plot of most games are pretty juvenile but it's got good adult jokes, kinda like some animated movies for kids will sneak in stuff to catch parents off guard and make them laugh.
>>
File: smooth pepe.jpg (18 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
smooth pepe.jpg
18 KB, 225x225
>>335986307
>>
>>335984229
>guys, I'm older than 12
>should I still play games or will you laugh at me if I do?
I am laughing at you RIGHT NOW.
>>
File: The_Thief.jpg (14 KB, 300x471) Image search: [Google]
The_Thief.jpg
14 KB, 300x471
>>335984229
It's kind of fun. A lot of fooling around with different weapons that do wonky things, a bunch of dumb enemies that try and swarm you, simple puzzles, some good jokes.

The big thing about the games starting at 2 and after is that the game turns into a collect-a-thon. Upgrading weapons, collecting bolts, collecting the special bolts, finding the secrets. It fits.

It's worth trying.
>>
>>335986307
What if it was a Nintendo series? Then it would be fine, right?
>>
>>335986134
wow have you seen like 2 in your lifetime

people sure are exaggerating
>>
GC and UYA are fun little titles. Well UYA's Quark minigame is like a second game. UYA is ofc the best. Deadlocked is real good is you have a local co-op buddy.
>>
File: 1417065365722.png (760 KB, 1280x715) Image search: [Google]
1417065365722.png
760 KB, 1280x715
>>335986307
>>
File: Ratchet _ Clank.jpg (360 KB, 1901x1069) Image search: [Google]
Ratchet _ Clank.jpg
360 KB, 1901x1069
>>335984229
yes
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.