[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What weapon did you use in your first playthrough, did you summon,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 12
File: Dark Souls 3 cover.jpg (604 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Dark Souls 3 cover.jpg
604 KB, 1600x900
What weapon did you use in your first playthrough, did you summon, and what is your favorite burger joint?
>>
>>335977939
classic long sword so far

only summoned my buddy for deacons of the deep because what a silly fight

A&W erry day
>>
warrior starting axe -> great scythe -> Farron Greatsword/Washing Pole

no

i don't know, fuddruckers I guess. Wendy's if you mean like fast food places
>>
Rapier

No

Hardee's
>>
Lothric Long Spear followed by the Black Knight Sword
No
Five Guys
>>
>>335977939
Longsword

No

Whataburger, get fucked Yankees.
>>
>>335977939
Still on first playthrough, at the shota prince.
>Weapon
Whatever deprived starts with then the farron breakdance sword, Yhorms machete and now the normal Great Machete
>Summon
Only for Pontiff because he would go star platinum on my ass and I was under-leveled still am
>Burger
I havent had a good burger in years.
>>
>>335977939
>>335978089

Started Knight. Never changed weapon or armor set the entire game.

I summoned for Pontiff and Ocerios.

Both times the 2 Sunbros died at the 30 second mark before the boss lost 10% of his health and I finished the buffed up boss on my own.

Yeah, fuck summoning.
>>
File: 1461880951821.jpg (400 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1461880951821.jpg
400 KB, 1920x1080
Lothric Knight sword, Astora's Sword, Farrom Greatsword. I haven't summoned except for NPC's that I suspected I needed to summon for their quest line.
>>
started with estoc into dark swordyes

yes because was playing with friends

some local place that got closed down
>>
>>335977939

Lawng Sword.

Yeah, it was a huge mistake. Now I'm playing it second time no summons. It's such a vast difference man. You appreciate the boss battles more.

Burger joint...we have a place called Char-Grill here that I enjoy. Franchise is exclusive to the state I think.
>>
battle axe -> large club +3 ->great club +10

Summoned Anri of astora for Pontiff, because I thought it advances her story or something (she died before the second phase, but I killed pontiff anyway)

I visit burger joints too rarely to form an opinion.
>>
>>335978651
Oh. I don't eat meat.
>>
longsword

no

fatburger
>>
>broadsword
>for nameless king
>wendys fast food baconator goodness or fat burger
>>
uchigatana
yes but I beat them on NG+ aftewards
Don't know, I usually eat at a local restaurant.
>>
Lothric sword
I only summon if I get invaded and already had mobs on my ass
Wendy's
>>
>>335977939
Caestus
Yeah, but only on multi-enemy bosses, because fuck it if the boss is going to utilize multiple foes, I will too. Especially with the aforementioned caestus has dick range and can't effectively fend off multiple attackers with poise.
Wendy's
>>
>>335977939
Claymore, changed to memestoc later.

Yes, I enjoy the company of others. Not every bossfight though. I tried atleast 3 - 5 times before I summoned for a boss.

Max, It's a Swedish hamburger joint and they have the best burgers. The fries on the other hand suck but the burger covers up for it.
>>
long sword, same as in DaS and DaSII, eventually moved on to sunlight straightsword because >praise the sun

summoned occasionally, mostly for invaders, occasionally summoned friends who were also playing or NPCs i was trying to do the quests of. I spent a lot of time sunbroing to 'practise' bosses, though.

this little chicken place run by arabs near me, cheap as shit but god damn their chicken burgers are good
>>
Refined Dark sword

Occasionally when I was lazy

Five guys
... Have mercy on my casual soul,/v/.
>>
dark sword

every boss

mcdonalds
>>
broadsword then black knight sword

only npc's for the emotes

Fuddruckers is great but pricey
>>
Heavy Estoc. don't give me the stink eye it was my favorite strength weapon in dark souls 2. i switched to large strength weapons when i leveled up and had enough stamina to swing a great sword more than just twice

Nope. looking back i wish i summoned the npc's now because of the emotes and stuff.

Jakes Wayback Burgers.
>>
Great Club

Most of the time when I summoned, it went awfully so I just ended up soloing most bosses instead.

I don't have a favorite, I'll eat anywhere that doesn't give me e.coli.
>>
>>335977939
Deprived starting club -> Broadsword -> Drang Hammers

Summoned in my second playthrough

Wendy's
>>
Lothric Knight
Summoned for Pontiff, possibly another boss can't remember
Five Guys
>>
>flambrge
>sometimes but my summons usually die before the boss does
>Shake shack or Burger tap and shake (local burger place)
>>
>>335977939
battle axe until I found large club, large club until I found BKGA. BKGA.
Did my typical souls first run, so 2h weapon only, no summoning, no magic shite.
I don't know, diary queen? I haven't tasted fast food in months.
>>
Is there any way to get this game for 20 bucks yet?
>>
>>335977939
Uchi, Flame Weapon, Painting Guardian set. No shield, obvi.

Every build I've tried since has sucked massive cock.
>>
>>335978089
>A&W
my fuckin nigga
>>
i got it the day it released and played it blind

i used the dark sword because it dropped and i thought the weapon art was cool

i thought everyone else using it was just a coincidence
>>
>>335979656
Hello fellow PAfag.
>>
Gotthard Twinswords

I pirated

Five guys is the only thing even near me so that
>>
>>335980069
Wait, people actually use shields?
Casuals eh
>>
File: fiveguys2.jpg (40 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
fiveguys2.jpg
40 KB, 640x426
Greatsword

Fuck. No.

The Zoey Quinn Experience
>>
>>335977939
>Weapon
I used the Long Sword throughout most of my first playthrough but if I remember correctly I used my first slab on the Black Knight Greataxe

>Summon
Y-Yeah I summoned for pretty much every boss but I'm not a shitter I swear. Co-op is comfy and I never summoned help for entire fucking levels because I like to spend a lot of my time exploring and I wouldn't want to waste anybody's time with that shit even though I like to help hosts through entire levels from time to time. I'm sure lots of people enjoy lewd handholding with hosts through levels but I didn't want to risk annoying anyone.

I don't consider myself good at gaming at all but I'm not downright shit please believe me PLEASE
sure 1-shot all the bosses with ganksquads on my first playthrough but I beat nameless king in 3 attempts solo on ng+
If I had done every boss solo on my first playthrough each boss would've taken me 3 attempts at most I-I'm not kidding

>Favorite burger joint
South St Burger
>>
>>335977939
Greataxe +5, got it as a lucky drop at the start of the game, and finished the game with it. Every other weapon was shit by comparison.

Once.

Burger King
>>
>>335977939
ITHRYLL FUCKING STRAIGHT SWORD also zwei

blind and offline baby

five guys
>>
>What weapon did you use in your first playthrough

Broadsword until I found Lorietta's Boner, then Z W E I H A N D E R for the rest of the game.

>did you summon

nope

>what is your favorite burger joint

The vidya ones
>>
>>335980171
sorry friend i'm actually a Michiganigger
>>
File: guts_by_longai-d8ptruh.jpg (532 KB, 1000x647) Image search: [Google]
guts_by_longai-d8ptruh.jpg
532 KB, 1000x647
Deprived
Greatsword
5-8 (local joint)
>>
Lucerne and Dark Sword so far. Just got to Boreal Valley. It's funny, I used Great Club in DS2 almost exclusively (with shenanigans like souls mass+miracles for pvp), and now people are picking up on that weapon playstyle with G.Axes in DS3.

Yes, because I didn't want to miss possible side quests and shit with NPC summons like in Dark Souls 2. Havent summoned players yet.

There are many good burger joints here in NYC. For fast food I prefer Wendy's. For mid tier I enjoy Five Guys or Shake Shack. Above those are things from random classic diners, and then beyond that you tread into hipster-priced territory for marginally better stuff from places that use 'artisanal' spices and sauces to grab more dollarydoos out of my pantaloons.
>>
Lucerne, No summons, Five Guys.
>>
>>335977939
Dark Sword I didn't know it was considered OP

No

Hungry Jacks
>>
File: 20160429164358_1.jpg (485 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160429164358_1.jpg
485 KB, 1920x1080
I beat Gwyn naked with just Caestus. I want to do the same for the Soul of Cinder
>>
Profaned Great Sword
Yes for abyss watchers and pontiff
The Habit
>>
>>335980694
godspeed
>>
Went halberd>great tree spear> +7zweihander
Nope.
In n out nigga
>>
>>335977939
Warrior
Butcher's Knife
For Curserotten Greatwood and Nameless King
>>
Black knight UGS, only summoned for abyss walkers, and probably Wendy's
>>
>>335980209
I've only seen it really when I invade people or when baddies use them in fight clubs.

Generally the people who have 2 summons are the same that let you just kick their shield and visceral them.
>>
>>335980694
Gwyn is just easy mode though. Specially since in DS3 Naked people take a SHITload of damage.
>>
Various curved swords, starting with the twin blades and eventually settling for pontiff curved blade as my main.

Only Mound Makers, because that's fun. Never for bosses.

Burger King, but I live in a country without a whole lot of options.
>>
File: 1434921406049.jpg (83 KB, 497x732) Image search: [Google]
1434921406049.jpg
83 KB, 497x732
>>335978279
>Monterrey melt
>>
I used the Hallowslayer's Greatsword and the Uchigatana my first play through. Never summoned. Summoning is for faggots.
Favorite burger joint is Honest Abes.
>>
>>335977939
Deprived starter club until dark sword dropped
No summons, all bosses
Haven't been to a burger joint in ages, usually make it myself.
>>
File: facebook_image_minionmania.jpg (69 KB, 480x673) Image search: [Google]
facebook_image_minionmania.jpg
69 KB, 480x673
Greatsword and Caestus on the offhand purely for parrying.
No.
I don't eat e-coli, genetically modified fast food garbage. I'll go to my local butchers and make my own burgers if I want to. Don't eat meat often anyway, mostly just rice.
>>
Lucerne up until Princes at which point I switched to Gottard's Twinswords or however you spell it.

Summoned for Dragonslayer Armor even though he's so easy because I was getting random and severe frame drops in that fight that kept getting me killed.

I haven't gone out to eat in years. Basil burgers the best.
>>
I found the Dark Sword on the second Darkwraith and started using it without knowing it was a vastly hated weapon.

I played through the first time with my Brother and Sister. so yes.

Oggi's or Whataburger if it has to be fast food.
>>
>>335977939
Lucerne

No

All American Hamburger Drive-In
>>
>>335981371
and right now we're cosplaying as two black knights dueling invaders at the high wall with a queen sitting in the back.
>>
>class
deprived
>weapon
club >greatsword > cathedral UGS > black knight UGS
kept swapping between cathedral and bkugs for the situation at hand.
>summon
no
>burger
fuddruckers probs
>>
Blood Bandit's Knife
Didn't Summon
A rare spawn chain in this country, called "Rolls"
>>
File: 20160430004256_1.jpg (398 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160430004256_1.jpg
398 KB, 1920x1080
>>335980694
This is raw. Seeing this guy switch from melee to sorcery to miracles and pyromancies is fucking nuts.
>>
Pure pyro build.
Nope.
UBURGER. Any Bostonbros in this thread?
>>
>>335977939
fire longsword -> fire dark sword + farron greatsword -> black knight sword + lightning estoc -> firelink greatsword + dancers swords
>>
>>335981940

It's pretty awesome how From finally cobbled together the boss that Gwyn was supposed to be in the original game.

This boss challenges all types of builds and largely also has a very mixed bag of tricks to counter a variety of playstyles.

Yet, i've never found it an impossible boss to tackle by any playstyle, plus i found the balance between his hits in all four forms to be much more friendly for blocking certain attacks, all the while the Princes just truck through your stamina with little effort.
>>
>>335977939
>Lothric Knight Sword
>A couple times with friends
>In-n-Out
>>
>>335977939
I'm still using the longsword. It's really good. Thinking of switching to the estoc's flat damage with fire infuse later once I'm actually able to buy it.
>>
>>335977939
Great Axe
Occasionally
Fast food? A&W.

Playing Souls with active online is an experience i refused to miss again. i can, and have solod the game, but summons are fun too.

Fav bosses are THE CHAMP and Ernie and Bert.

Oceiros or boweber it's spelled would have been way more fun if being under him wasnt super safe.
>>
>>335977939
Started deprived.

For armor, I used the regular Knight set the whole game and then settled on the Outrider Knight set once I got it.

For weapons, I always had my Irythil Straight sword in either my main right or main left hand slot. Other main weapon slot went Lucerne -> Executioner's Greatsword -> Astora's Greatsword -> Profaned Greatsword -> Old Wolf Curved Sword. I mainly only used my Irythil sword for some of the faster bosses near the end of the game. As for rings, I had havels ring, ring of favor, chloranthy ring, and the +5 dex ring.
>>
Went mercenary. Used the sellswords the whole game until getting Onikiri and Ubadachi.
>>
>>335986058
How did you get the Regular Knight set so early? If anything, the Lothric set comes earlier than the actual standard "knight set".
>>
Scimitar

No

The Habit
>>
danksword, no summons

in-n-out is pretty good
>>
>rapier
>no
>cathedral of the deep
>>
>>335977939
>Dark Sword
>Co-oped with 2 friends was pretty fun
>In N' Out
>>
>>335986452
I used the deserter set before I got the knight one.
>>
>Claymore. It's shit
>During levels sometimes, but not on bosses.
>Eating american meme trash food
>>
>>335977939
Shortsword -> dark knight glaive -> twinswords (pvp)

Nope

I've no idea, havn't had burgers for a long time
>>
File: 1401647038052.gif (343 KB, 348x291) Image search: [Google]
1401647038052.gif
343 KB, 348x291
Scimitar.

Yes I don't give a fuck what /v/ memes about me

Five Guys is the one that's closest.
>>
Multiple. Rapier at first, then picked up badtard sword but ditched it at +3. Kept the rapier untiil I got the Murakumo then ditched that at +9 and finally wound my weaponfu the thrall axe. Beat Lorian with it and souls of cinder eventually.

I summoned Anri for pontiff before ever entering the boss fight because I figured you nees to in order to progress her questline. After seeing how much HP that gave the boss I died and never summoned anymore.

none
>>
>>335986465
Doesn't the scimitar suck though? If only it had a slightly better base damage or a better scaling. As it stands it could use a slight buff.
>>335986618
Oh ok. Makes sense. Deserter set is actually pretty freaking decent. It would be even better if they actually fucking turned on poise..
>>
Claymore
Summoned by bf for every boss
Most burger places are absolute shit but I eat a lot of Red Robin
>>
File: astora_greatsword.png (14 KB, 189x285) Image search: [Google]
astora_greatsword.png
14 KB, 189x285
best UGS moveset in the game
I did not summon at all

I cant pick
>>
>>335986784
I'm sure there are better weapons, but I used it all throughout the first dark souls and won't give it up now. I didn't play dark souls 2.
>>
Long Sword/Lucerne/Claymore
No summons so far
In & Out > Whataburger > the rest
>>
>>335978748
>Summoned Anri of astora for Pontiff, because I thought it advances her story or something (she died before the second phase, but I killed pontiff anyway)

lol
you are me

>>335986782
>>
File: 1382197633876.png (207 KB, 397x470) Image search: [Google]
1382197633876.png
207 KB, 397x470
>Weapon
Claymore. It wasn't worth the trouble it caused me.

>Summon
Only for the Nameless King, and I regret it so I kicked his ass solo in my next playthrough.

I've never eaten at a good burger restaurant.
>>
>>335986924
I briefly looked at the weapon list. You might wanna kill some skeletors for the Carthus Curved Sword. Shit looks lit.
Amazing damage and causes bleed. And it's aesthetic as fuark
>>
>>335986860
my 2nd char uses the zwei and I find using an ugs is literally hard mode.

Beating Champ gundyr was a pain in the ass and I cant see myself beating nameless with such a slow weapon
>>
>>335977939
>Try to help some people to beat Pontiff
>Literally spawn into a world with one other sunbro, the host , and an npc helper
>4v1 pontiff
Has co op been taken too far?
>>
File: lookwhoitis.jpg (51 KB, 968x541) Image search: [Google]
lookwhoitis.jpg
51 KB, 968x541
>>335987068
the thing about Astora GS is that it has a special rolling R1 that ends up ducking through a shitton of moves

I just had to be a little patient and I ended up being fine for that fight
>>
>>335987028
I saved this info. I will check it out. Idk how I will adjust to a new sword. I just got to the grand archives
>>
>>335987319
Same moveset brutha(maybe different weapon arts I don't know for sure).
It's just a bigger scimitar I think.
>>
I don't think I've ever summoned in a Souls game or Bloodborne. I've had trouble with bosses before but summoning always felt like it would ruin the fun for me. I think Nameless King and Soul of Cinder were the hardest in the game. The dragon before Nameless was easy as hell but constantly having to fight him made learning the patterns in phase 2 harder.
>>
literally estoc the whole way through, sometimes old wolf curved sword and twin spears

no

all my town has is a mcdonalds
>>
>>335977939
dark sword (didnt know it was a op piece of shit that everyone used)

never summoned

five guys
>>
>>335987460
It's only OP by a small amount. That's mostly just due to its slightly better range and damage than the others.
>>
Deep Battle Axe -> Wolnir Sword -> Lucerne of constantly changing infusion. Also a fire rapier as a sidearm the whole time.

No summons. Was tempted for nameless king, but got gud.

Smash burger.
>>
Mix between the Longsword, Greataxe, and much later the Black Knight Halberd for Nameless King and Soul of Cinder.

I summoned for Dancer, that shit was whack. Came close with Lothric Princes but eventually beat them by myself.

There's this place like 100 metres from where I live called Changez that does the best darn burgers I've had in a while. That being said, I eat there way too often for someone doing hormone replacement therapy so I need to start a cardio routine or something.
>>
Played offline and 2 handed the Zwei pretty much the entire game. the only summon I used was an NPC for Sully. He was destroyed in the first 20 seconds anyway so had to beat him hard mode on my own.
Why are greatswords so shit?
Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.