[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
He actually said it, the absolute madman!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 15
http://playeressence.com/kimishima-discusses-3ds-focus-nx-softwareprofitability-missing-holidays/

>Q: It seems the great reduction in the Wii U hardware sales forecast is influenced by the timing of the NX release, but how about 3DS?

>A: This fiscal year, the 3DS has big titles as previously presented, and in sufficient quantity. Both hardware and software will make large contributions to sales. Also, while Wii U sales are forecast to drop to 800,000 units, the upside is that we can focus on the 3DS.

This man is either gonna save Nintendo or straight up actually make the NX Nintendo's Dreamcast.
>>
>leave nintendos success to me
>>
>leave the sonyggers to me

You're our only hope, Yakuza man.

People said he would be one term, BTFO
>>
Im glad he openly disregards the Wii U instead of being like Iwata and pretending to be confident about it.
>>
>>335969543
pastebin please
>>
>>335971081
http://pastebin.com/8F7DHi5L
>>
>>335969543

what an idiot. 3ds has been a failure for years now. nobody develops for it and nintendo actually loses to the fucking vita of all things, never mind mobile.

nintendo really needs to go third party, they're only limiting their userbase by forcing them to buy exclusive hardware
>>
>>335969543
>the upside is that we can focus on the 3DS.

Confirmed that the NX will not replace the 3ds.
>>
>>335969543
He's either Gods right hand man or Judas.
>>
>Having a full software lineup when the hardware launches is one reason for the NX launch timing. Also, we must be in a state to release titles not just at launch, but continually afterwards. We are planning for it to be a platform that will be played for a long time. Next, about cost, we aren’t thinking of the hardware being unprofitable. When the Wii U launched the exchange rate was that of a very strong yen, and so that we don’t have that kind of a situation again, launching as a loss-leader won’t be what makes up our business, so that’s how we’re progressing with NX development.

Are you ready for Nintendo to save gaming?
>>
File: 95864653654.png (93 KB, 1198x1200) Image search: [Google]
95864653654.png
93 KB, 1198x1200
>>335971320
wew lad
>>
How is he going to beat Fate/Grand Order in revenue since its Sony's biggest money maker?
>>
the only current gen console/handheld i own is a 3ds and it's the only current gen console/handheld i have a desire to own. sounds good to me
>>
>>335971435

you tried
>>
>>335971284
thanks and neat read
>>
>>335971320
>and nintendo actually loses to the fucking vita of all things

If anyone gets upset with you, remember that this is the big reason why.
>>
>>335971560
You on the other hand, didn't.
>>
>>335971320
>nobody develops for it
This is actually a good thing for nintendo, they make most of the 3ds games so there is pretty much no competition, and unlike the WiiU they can make cheap B-teir production value games with almost no voice acting or visuals and sell half a million to a million units in software because there is simply nothing else to buy. All my friends own hyrule warriors and complain about the game being pretty shitty but they have all loged 100+ hours because there is simply nothing else. Personally I'm just moving to PC and I don't go out much so 3ds is just a pokemon machine.
>>
>This fiscal year, the 3DS has big titles as previously presented, and in sufficient quantity

Fire Emblem: pokemon editions
Cowardly Censored 2
Pokemon: digimon edition

sure is a huge focus on the 3DS lmao, I dont think I've been so disappointed in a handheld as I have been with the 3DS.
>>
That all makes perfect sense to me.

People online are all saying "buh buh Wii U no holiday gaem, Nintendo le finish!" but they completely disregard the 3DS. They're releasing Pokemon this year, which will easily be enough for the holiday season, and probably a few other games as well (can we see Etrian Odyssey 5 by that time?)

And then March rolls around not too long after and there will be even more games to play, during a period where the competition won't have anything.

Only children and retards who play on a single console would ever see this as a bad thing.
>>
>>335971661

here's some more (you)s for your reddit screencap. stay mad that nintendo is failing in every respect

>>335971587

you know im right though, the vita is clearly profitable or else nobody would develop for it. meanwhile the 3ds has fewer games and most third parties don't support it. popularity isnt profitability
>>
Wait, does the 3DS actually have any good games being released for it this year? I haven't bought a game for it for ages.
>>
>you lived to witness the death of nintendo

feels good man
>>
>>335971851
Nya! Anon-sama! P-please accept this (you) from m-me! kyaaaaaaaa x3
>>
>>335971865
I understand it's a really low install base, but the release schedule for this year is pretty barren.

I'm surprised they still haven't dropped the price.
>>
>>335971698

what sort of bass ackwards reasoning is this? are you seriously suggesting that people buy more games because there are fewer games? nintendo doesn't sell more hardware precisely because they don't have other games.
>>
>>335971865
I don't know about you man but I like having more than 4-5 games to play per year. I'm not the kind of person that can log 300-500 hours in a game. I start getting bored 40-60 hours in to any game.
>>
File: 798865764534.png (653 KB, 639x639) Image search: [Google]
798865764534.png
653 KB, 639x639
>>335971914
>here's some more (you)s for your reddit screencap. stay mad that nintendo is failing in every respect
HAHAHAH how can someone be THIS mad just because someone didn't take the bait?
>>
>>335972113
>bass ackwards
>>
>>335972073
I'm surprised they haven't done the Wii U Mini yet.
>>
>Playeressence

Isn't this that site that banned someone for criticizing Nintendo?
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 469x314) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 469x314
>Relasing after the holiday season
>Even Sony's PSN made more money than Nintendo as a whole
>Kids don't care about Nintendo anymore
>They've lost hardcore gamers
So, how bad will the NX flop?
>>
>>335972227
>implying /v/ hasnt
>>
>>335972178
I'd imagine the large amount of embedded RAM and their choice of CPU, coupled with the slow sales, makes a die shrink not very worthwhile.
>>
>>335971914
the vita is "profitable" in the sense that it gets a bunch of ultra-niche VNs and RPGs that can be shat out for cheap - since the system has the reputation of being that type of dumping ground, minor companies can make a profit.

the vita is still a failure in every respect, and it's laughable to even compare it even to the disappointing 3DS.
>>
>>335972227
It has a very large nintendo fanbase, so it is easy to piss them off.
>>
>>335972073
>I'm surprised they still haven't dropped the price.
No point. They're invested in the NX now. The next year for the Wii U is just a few scraps they started developing before the choice was made to abandon it. It's okay for the Wii U owners, gives them something to play, so that's a nice side-effect, but they don't want to be pushing people to buy Wii Us when the console is getting abandoned next year.
>>
File: image.png (930 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
930 KB, 750x1334
>>335971914
>Legacy
>Platform
>>
>>335972113
>what sort of bass ackwards reasoning is this? are you seriously suggesting that people buy more games because there are fewer games?

No I am saying that more people buy NINTENDO games because there are soo few games. How many people bought Stella Glow? I'm the only person I know that owns it, but I know 3 other people with FE. 3ds has long dry periods yet people will ignore 3rd party and drink up at the Nintendo oasis. Not because 3rd party games are bad but because of brand power. Which is why no one wants to develop for the 3ds, it's just not the DS anymore. Bad for the players, but good for Nintendo.
>>
http://nintendoenthusiast.com/news/kimishima-the-nintendo-nx-will-be-profitable-from-day-one/

Anyone seen this? Kimishima saying the NX is going to be profitable from day one. So anyone expecting a powerhouse, or anything like Zen/Polaris, I don't think that's happening. Maybe this deserves its own thread.
>>
>>335972316

>my profit is better than yours!

Haha, oh wow.

>>335972158

>I didn't take the bait, I just keep replying!

>>335972534

>Sony supports platform
>hurr shitty movie games
>Sony doesn't support platform
>hurr nogames

Make up your mind shitposter.
>>
File: Bolvar_Fordragon_comic.jpg (430 KB, 961x1135) Image search: [Google]
Bolvar_Fordragon_comic.jpg
430 KB, 961x1135
>Tell them only that Iwata is dead, and Nintendo, died with him
>>
>>335969543
Can't that at least tell us if it's a handheld or a console?
>>
>>335972631
>how many people bought this niche weeb game that nobody has ever heard of?
>>
>>335969543
Does this mean they're actually going to release Earthbound Beginnings on 3DS now?

There was no reason not to, seeing how 3DS has had NES emulation since the get go. But now we even have SNES and Earthbound.

Just fucking release it already.
>>
>>335972285
The longer they delay, and the more they say it does not replace the WiiU/3ds, the more worried I get that it's some sort of stream box and that the patents were not jokes.
>>
I look forward to seeing the result either way.

This kind of bold abandonment of a console with almost an entire calendar year before the next one indicates pretty radical change, but it could just be that they are literally out of quick cashgrab ideas like Power Smash.
>>
>>335972631

That's not better for Nintendo though. The lack of games doesn't force people to buy Fire Emblem. People will buy that because it's Fire Emblem. All this does is discourage people from buying 3dses because if you don't like Nintendo, there's really nothing for you to play. This is precisely the reason Nintendo should go third party. They have massive brand power and can get hardware manufacturers to pay them licensing fees.

I guarantee you that they would profit more if they stopped wasting money on hardware development and instead focused more on software. Nintendo making hardware is like if Capcom had a console. It's downright stupid.
>>
>>335972706
>>I didn't take the bait, I just keep replying!
So you admit that you are just shitposting/baiting? brb [email protected]

>>335972685
I mean that just means that they'll be selling it a profit again and they expect it to sell gangbusters, guess we'll have to see they actually show off the damn thing, I'll that as PR jargon at this point.
>>
>>335972798
>the more worried I get that it's some sort of stream box
You mean something like an Apple TV or Nvidia Shield, just for Nintendo games? Which patents are you talking about? The supplemental device one that looked like the "console" was hooked up to a PC tower?
>>
>>335972798
I think it's something they're afraid will get copied like that or it could even be a stream box that barely works, hence why it's not being shown off yet. We've had those stream boxes in the past and they didn't work that well. It's pretty funny if it is one and they're claiming its unique, Sony already streams games.
>>
>>335972706
>make up your mind
why are you making up things I didnt say
>>
>>335972789

I'm going to do you a favor and recommend that if you really want a portable Mother/EB0/Beginnings, get a hacked PSP and just it on the Wii U to help support it

The game is virtually unplayable without being sped up via emulation, which is a shame because I like the story way fucking more than EarthBound.
>>
>nx wont be at e3

This is the stupid thing. They literally have nothing else they can show.
>>
>>335969543
>we can focus on 3DS
>while the piracy is blooming
Great job! I don't mind, free games.
>>
File: wtf.jpg (21 KB, 736x468) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
21 KB, 736x468
>>335972316
In the west it's a big flop, but in the east it's multiplat games sell more than the ps4 versions and tend to have legs for longer, it's kinda crazy. Sony fucked up hard with those ads. dear god they were disgusting. It was bad man.
>>
>>335972974

So you admit that you believe I am shitposting but still reply?

>>335973016

Why are you pretending that isn't what you meant by implying the vita is a legacy platform? Legacy platform is the biggest bait on the planet. All it means is that Sony won't develop games for the Vita. If anything, that's a good thing because Sony first parties are fucking awful. Legacy status has nothing to do with the platform or its games.
>>
>>335972685
>http://nintendoenthusiast.com/news/kimishima-the-nintendo-nx-will-be-profitable-from-day-one/
>Although this news may sound normal, it is not actually the norm. Most of the time, companies launch consoles and lose money on each console sold, then make the money back on games. The fact that Nintendo plans for the NX to be profitable right away is quite the significant piece of news.
No it fucking isn't, who wrote this garbage? When was the last time Nintendo sold at a loss? Have they ever?
>>
>>335973048
>nothing else
well
yeah there is
that thing is the whole point
>>
>>335973048
People are leaving e3, its gonna die anon.

They'll show zelda. Everything is starting to be direct only now, even EA and sony are doing it.
>>
>>335969543
>all these claims the NX will fail

Friendly reminder /v/ claimed the PS4 would bomb.
>>
>>335973036
But Ninty could easily programme a VC release that runs at the right speed, surely?

I literally want to give them my money for this.
I have it on my Android device, ready to play, but I'm holding off hoping they'll release a decent VC version like Earthbound.
>>
>>335973243

False equivalence.
>>
>>335973132
>why are you pretending like its not what you meant

Cuz its not senpai desu baka
>>
>>335973048
I reacted the same way when I heard, but honestly it makes sense. Nintendo doesn't historically get great E3 coverage, the show is dying, and everyone's going to be pulling out their big guns with the VR stuff and whatnot. Why compete against that when Nintendo can schedule their own event for any time they like and be the only noteworthy thing to happen in weeks?
>>
>>335972974
>just means that they'll be selling it at a profit again
Yes, I know. That's what it says in the link. What I'm taking away from it though, is that it will probably not have a significant power gap from the Xbone/PS4.
>>
>>335973328

2/10
>>
>>335973380
got u to reply tho
>>
>>335973303
You babies know that when you cry "false equivalence", you actually have to justify why, right? A false equivalence isn't just "you compared two different things".
>>
>>335973268

No, what I mean is, the way the game normally runs is so fucking slow, and the interface is so clunky, that it feels like a chore to play unless you speed up the game by like x2 or x3.

Buy it on Wii U, and if it comes out on 3DS, buy it there too to show your support if you're so inclined, but playing that game at normal speed is fucking torturous.
>>
>>335972947
This. Especially when they treat their hardware like it's just a software game. Gimmicks got old after the Wii, no one cares about them anymore.
>>
>>335973206
>Sony

What? How could I have missed this? Sauce?
>>
>>335973178
Wii U made a profit if you bought at least one game

Nintendo didn't "lose money" with the wii u but they definitely got a smaller share of the market than they did with the Wii
>>
>>335973332
So what are they going to do, reveal it only 6 months before it launches?

I think they should reveal it sometine in may and then present the games at e3
>>
If they don't make NX on par with Xbone and PS4 hardware wise, they are gonna fail.

Everyone wants Nintendo games in HD and maybe even 4K.
>>
>>335972129
>Not having a backlog
>>
>>335972947
>>335972764
How is stella glow that much different from FE? I'm sure you can nitpick, but they are both japanese anime style SRPG games with waifu shit. Yet one sells millions the other sells nothing. The same thing happened to Atelier. Atelier could be a 3ds exclusive right now if people bought the Rorona 3ds game that runs better than the vita version and had exclusive content. I could go on, but if it's not nintendo, SE, or Capcom, 3DS owners wont buy it. Look at Code Name: S.T.E.A.M., Great for Nintendo because they can claim "hey look at all these exclusives" and sell mainly nintendo games. They get to have their cake and eat it too. Bad for us in the long run.
>>
>>335973178
The loss leader model is actually VERY common in the larger console industry, though much less so with Nintendo. I think the Gamecube had a few short stretches after price cuts where it was losing a small amount, and the Wii U was sold at a loss upon release.

But, loss leader has been pretty much standard since Tom Kalinske put it into action with the Sega Genesis. The cartoonish losses incurred by Xbox360 and PS3, however, have probably destroyed that model for good.
>>
File: 1442445996105.jpg (129 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1442445996105.jpg
129 KB, 1280x720
>>335973048
>reveal NX at E3
>game sites too busy drooling over the cocks of AAA shit games to notice

>reveal NX at another time
>100% coverage everywhere

And I mean, you're going to hear about it either way, so what difference does it make?
>>
>>335971320
ive heard of the 3ds... but what the fuck is a vita??? is that a pizza place?
>>
>>335973572
6 months is a lot of time. It's a lot better to reveal it when it's around the corner, to capitalize on the hype.
>>
>>335973643
>how is stella glow that much different

one way
awareness

its a good game. if not better than fe
but no one knows it exists
>>
>>335973572

>So what are they going to do, reveal it only 6 months before it launches?

That's typically how it goes: reveal console at E3 in June, console release in November/December.

If Nintendo's not releasing the NX until March next year, it makes more sense to reveal it at TGS than E3, if they even decide to announce it at a major expo rather than a Direct.
>>
>>335973243
That was a stupid time, those faggots kept acting like some experts in gaming trends when all they did was repeat the "weakest console sells the highest" argument.
>>
>>335973468
>companies shouldn't do new things!
>the analog stick is a gimmick!
>>
>>335973743
People do know it exists, they just don't feel like buying it.

>>335973637
I hacked my 3ds, there is pretty much nothing I wanted to play that I haven't. I'm not going to play smash/MH/pokemon for 1000 hours when I have a decent PC.
>>
>>335969543
>Nintendo's Dreamcast
It's called the Wii U.
>>
>>335973828
Analog stick is very useful for control in 3D environments
Wii waggle and the WiiU's gamepad were used less and less frequently by games as time went on. Hell the DS suffered a similar problem, after the first year or two most games only used the touch screen for menus.
>>
>e3 is dying

No, GOD DAMN IT

ITS ONE OF THE ONLY THINGS THAT REALLY BRINGS US TOGETHER

ITS SOMETHING TO ACTUALLY HOPE FOR

WE GOTTA GO BACK
https://youtu.be/fysno8xdJWo
>>
>>335973459

That's exactly what you did though. You implied that the same logic behind the ps4's success applies to the nx when it clearly does not. The only similarity between the two systems is that they are consoles that play video games.

>>335973547

Blatant misunderstanding of profit and loss. For years, Nintendo has lost tens of millions of dollars because of the WiiU. The hardware itself is not the only cost of making the WiiU. It's like saying the field isn't burning because there's one patch of land that isn't on fire.

>>335973643

The lack of games doesn't help Nintendo sell more software. Nintendo will sell its own games because they're Nintendo. Lots of people like their games. The issue is that they don't have other games, so a potential buyer of Stella Glow would think to themselves "Why would I get a 3ds for this when Luminous Arc is on Vita?"
>>
File: 1461860250014.png (132 KB, 612x496) Image search: [Google]
1461860250014.png
132 KB, 612x496
>>335973987
>I didn't play splatoon
>>
>>335969543
>the 3DS is Nintendo's worst selling handheld
>>
>>335973927
A backlog is more than just the current gen anon.

I've owned two consoles from each gen since the SNES/Genesis, except for the current gen, and my backlog is still 300+ games. And that's just what I have written down. Hell PC alone could give you more games than you can play in a lifetime unless you only play niche as fuck genres.
>>
the retarded nintendrone logic ITT is almost baffling
>>
>>335973998
>Luminous Arc is on Vita?"

Because LA is in japanese and is considered a sub par game? To be fair if you wanted Stella Glow chances are you like anime games and own a vita. My point is that people don't buy 3ds games for anything but the 7-8 nintendo/capcom/SE games that release every year. Which is better for Nintendo, than if third party were popular because there is a limited amount of money in the market and they take a bigger part of the pie. I don't think the 3ds would sell much more if it had more third party support because people have shown time and time again that they don't want it.
>>
>>335974060
You use the screen as a map and poke it sometimes to jump or do other shit. Same as the 3DS.

The gyro controls for aiming are neat solution for controllers not being so great for shooters, but that works fine with a normal controller as well.
>>
>>335974140
Of course I have a backlog the problem is no 3ds game is on it.
>>
File: get_smashed_bro.png (175 KB, 360x519) Image search: [Google]
get_smashed_bro.png
175 KB, 360x519
>>335973713
Holy fuck my sides, that was great
>>
>>335974243
you seem to be fitting in to /v/ quite well! keep up the good work anon!
>>
>>335973998
>it's a false equivalence because the two things are different!
No, again, you have to actually SAY what about their differences makes the equivalence false.

If I say "horses and cats can have babies because cats and cats can have babies and horses and cats are both mammals", you crying "false equivalence" doesn't refute my statement. You have to explain WHY horses and cats can't have babies. What about their differences makes it impossible for them to have babies?

God, it's like I'm arguing on fucking tumblr.
>>
>>335974313
The gyroscope is like using a mouse. You can't compare it to just using sticks.
>>
>>335974449
I should've been more clear, I meant that you can include the gyro controls in a normal sized controller. Like, you know, a Dualshock or the WiiU Pro Controller.
>>
>>335973929
Except nintendo isn't going 3rd party.

Its their saturn.
>>
>>335973995
Its not 2006 anymore anon...
>>
>>335974541
They are going third party on mobile bro.
>>
>>335973485
They arent leaving E3, not yet at least, but they have been doing Direct-style things, like the PS experiences.

Activision not being at E3 should be huge enough giveaway already, its just a pointless expo. I expect more to drop out next year.
>>
>>335972798
>patents
MCDONALDS
>>
>>335974634
So Sony and Microsoft have been 3rd party for years now and I didn't even know about this? Fucking shit.
>>
>>335974532
Sure. Still, the screen still is a good thing, even if it's just for menus. Hopefully the NX will have a sleeker version.
>>
>>335971698
Yeah just like what happened with the WiiU.
>>
>>335974541
>Except nintendo isn't going 3rd party.
Mobile is considered third-party. Mobile OS system's are considered third-party bro. Sorry Nintendrone.
>>
>>335974978
The WiiU failed because of weak marketing, the PS4 sold without any games.
>>
>>335973132
>So you admit that you believe I am shitposting but still reply?
You straight up admited that you are just here to shitpost, so I'm giving you your (You)s for your epic /r/4chan screencap.
>>
>>335972227
Just like /v/, then.
>>
>>335974906
>Hopefully the NX will have a sleeker version.
I'd rather it be an optional add-on, or maybe just have a smartphone cradle that can have your phone take on the same functionality for people that want it.
>>
>>335974982
>muh technicalities
You know what people mean when they say a company is going third party, don't play dumb.
>>
>>335974982
>going 3rd party

Nintendo went third party a long time ago
it just didnt work so they stopped
them making phone games shouldnt be a surprise or an ordeal to anyone who was born pre-2000
>>
>>335975237
What are you talking about exactly? That Atari port of Donkey Kong or something?
>>
>>335975332
I'm guessing arcade cabinets like Punch out.
>>
>>335971698
>all my friends own hyrule warriors and complain about the game being pretty shitty but they have all loged 100+ hours because there is simply nothing else

Your faggot friends would have done better to invest that time into something like MH4U or even the shitty 3DS Sm4sh. It's no one else's fault but their own that they bought HWLegends because EVERYONE knew it'd be shit unless you have a new 3DS XL and then it's only a good time waster.

Tell your friends to get better games, the 3DS has plenty of em.
>>
File: sponge_fish2.png (1 MB, 852x854) Image search: [Google]
sponge_fish2.png
1 MB, 852x854
>>335971320
>>
>>335973635
They were on par with the 360 and PS3 with the WiiU and it failed.
For the NX, they have to go even further beyond. To PS5 and Xbox 2 levels.
>>
>>335975409
But they didn't stop doing that because it was unsuccessful, they stopped because consoles were more successful

And hell, they still license shit out to other companies to make arcade versions of games every once in a while. There's arcade versions of Mario Kart and Luigi's Mansion. IIRC they were made by Namco and Capcom, respectively.
>>
>>335975596
>>335971698
Hyrule Warriors is great, you're a bunch of faggots.
>>
File: Kinoko_Nasu.png (319 KB, 817x817) Image search: [Google]
Kinoko_Nasu.png
319 KB, 817x817
Nasu can handle Nintendo all by himself, even since he sold his company to Sony.
>>
>>335975681
I said it's a good time waster. It runs like absolute garbage on anything other than a new 3DS XL though.

I already spent hours on the Wii U version.
>>
>>335975771
>its a good time waster

so its a video game
>>
>>335971320
>Looses to the vita
Did you just check Mediacrate and didn't notice that 3DS sales are divided by model?
>>
File: 1337485969130.jpg (430 KB, 2500x2478) Image search: [Google]
1337485969130.jpg
430 KB, 2500x2478
Ok, does that mean you'll FUCKING localize Boxboy 2 and Picross 3D 2 ?
>>
>>335969543
>This man is either gonna save Nintendo or straight up actually make the NX Nintendo's Dreamcast.

Isn't Wii U Nintendo's Dreamcast? Shit failed. Failed hard. I wouldn't be surprised if Nintenyakuza over there had Iwata killed.

And with NX missing the holidays, pulling some kind of "don't compete" bullshit, looks like it's already looking bad before they could even release it.

Don't be surprised if he suddenly came down with the flu and died of complications. Just saying.
>>
File: 1432702791264.png (208 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
1432702791264.png
208 KB, 396x385
>>335969543
>tfw switching from 3ds to wii u
>>
>>335972685
Maybe it'll just have a lot of games? I was really hoping for a powerhouse console.
>>
>>335975905
Ahah no, you'll only get Pokemon Sun/Moon and whatever Project NStars is this year ;^)
>>
>>335976126
>yakuza deaths being covered up by illness
no
>>
>>335974541

saturn is sega's most popular console in japan, if anything this gen is the saturn it's the vita
>>
>>335975646
I think they at least need to be "between gens" with the power. Or they need to be really cheap.

I think if they come out with something that's like $300 and sits comfortably in between Xbox One and PS4, nobody is going to care.
>>
>>335976126
They're not going 3rd party so no, the Saturn bombed hard too, the Dreamcast was their last console.
>>
>>335976261
>More expensive than ideal
>Poor development kit documentation
>Requires more effort from third parties than competitors
>Quickly overshadowed by later market entries
>Missing games from cornerstone franchises
There's a lot of similarities between Wii U and Saturn.
>>
>>335976293
I should correct myself, WiiU is more powerful than the 360 and PS3 but only marginally.
>>
>>335976261
Yeah Saturn was popular in Japan because of Segata Sanshiro it was either buy a Saturn or go to the hospital
>>
>>335973572
Calling it now, A killer direct on November will do so.
>>
>>335976627
Segata is one of the best marketing campaigns/mascots ever
>>
>>335972043
I know. The NX is gonna bomb so fucking badly. It sucks I need to wait almost a year to see it happen.
>>
>>335972043
>>335977108
What are you, 12?
>>
>>335971413
Does this mean that there is a possibility that we could get Metroid: Dread for the 3DS in the future?
>>
>>335972030
Kirby Planet Robobot is literally the best in its series and it comes out in June.
>>
>>335971865
youre forgetting mecha kirby in lewd robot land, dragon quest pokemon 3 edgy edition, zero escape: zero time to play this game, loli dungeon 5, lu bei cat romance, dragon ball pokemon fusion and the american releases of dead loli party, literally what number dragon 3, dragon quest never ever 1&2 and poke we fucked up on gen 6 mon
>>
>>335972030
Monster Hunter will sell barrels guaranteed
>>
>>335971413
Pokemon, Monster Hunter, Kirby
>>
I'd be up for them focusing on the 3DS until the NX is out. Anything made for the Wii U at this point is just wasteful, the NX needs a strong launch to make up for how poorly the Wii U sold if they want to change anything up. Making games for a dead console's not going to do them any favors.
>>
File: 1323642424001.jpg (20 KB, 413x324) Image search: [Google]
1323642424001.jpg
20 KB, 413x324
>>335971320
>3ds has been a failure for years now.
Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.