[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7
File: xenoblade-chronicles-x-covert.png (2 MB, 924x1320) Image search: [Google]
xenoblade-chronicles-x-covert.png
2 MB, 924x1320
What went wrong?
>>
Nothing.
>>
Stupid outdated JRPG design memes that should go fucking die in a ditch
Endless fetch quests that are affected by these archaic mechanics like randomized field materials distribution
Boring and uninspired quests overall
> Kill X enemies
> Kill X enemies with X weapon
> Bring me X item
>>
>>335967669
Music-cutscene normalization was abysmal.
Story was kind of weak, but made up for in secondary quests.
Other than that, it's a solid game.
>>
>abysmal story
>horribly unlikable characters
>elma and lin forced down your throat
>bland combat
>shit class system
>>
>>335967669
It's just a bad game when you compare to the others, this feels like a quick cashgrab
>>
Just too jap.
>>
>>335967669
Audio mixing.
Sequel bait ending.
>>
No chain attacks
No muh nado
>>
Something went wrong?
>>
No Reyn Time.
>>
Bad quest system

Bad skill system

Cringeworthy characters and story

The list goes on
>>
>>335968135
>>335969060

Ok I'll admit, this was something that was a serious flaw.

But it wasn't an issue with the development of the game, it was a fuckup in the english version only.
>>
>>335967669
NoA localized it.
>>
There were too many characters and they largely didn't have enough story or personality
the music was hit or miss and the constant use of singing reduced the effect
there wasn't enough variety in the character classes play styles, and the new mechanics didn't work as well as the original game
>>
>>335969508
>There were too many characters and they largely didn't have enough story or personality
Here's a tip, do the side quests.
>>
>>335967669
Inferior compared to the first game.
On the wrong console.
>>
>>335969508
>and the new mechanics didn't work as well as the original game
They were an objective improvement over XCB. The rest of your points are okay though.
>>
>>335967669
UHH

YEAH

YEAH YEAH YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
>>
I like it, but it has a lot of flaws.

Ugly as sin character designs, unfunny humour, tedious side quests, skell combat has no strategy and consists of spamming attacks.
>>
>>335969697
>On the wrong console.
>he thinks XCX was possible on any other console
>>
>>335969809
Maybe he wanted it on NX?
>>
>>335969990
NX became a thing just a little too late for XCX
>>
Still better than Chronicles. The only good thing about Chronicles was exploring and it was molasses slow. Here at least you can run around at a decent speed and spend hours wandering around planting probes and finding stuff.
>>
File: 1450976498532.jpg (88 KB, 500x707) Image search: [Google]
1450976498532.jpg
88 KB, 500x707
I loved it and think it gets too much hate.

The real issues I had with it were audio mixing, as others said, and pacing issues.

The music drowned out the voices almost entirely sometimes. I loved hearing the silly banter in Xenoblade, and was sad when I couldn't hear shit in this game. Also, it was stupid as hell how they literally said the attack name without spicing it up. Lin literally says "trash talk" when using Trash Talk. No "over here!" or silly insults or anything.

And for pacing, it's weird. The monster levels were all really high and I loved that for making this alien planet actually feel threatening, but it made progress of exploration too slow, even now when I'm level 50. And a ton of quests involved enemies 20 levels higher than you when you get them, so they just sit in the list for a while until your level goes up.

People who say the story is bad need to play the side quests. In fact, I think a lot of the side quests could have been worked into the story, and people would have liked the game more as a result.
>>
File: 1453601740753.jpg (23 KB, 500x397) Image search: [Google]
1453601740753.jpg
23 KB, 500x397
>>335967669
>>335968526
>>335968515
>>335967975
>>335969216
>>335969410

Remember when nintedrones claimed this game was the ps4/ffxv/persona 5 killers?
>>
File: Hc5dn8u.jpg (421 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Hc5dn8u.jpg
421 KB, 1280x720
shit music literally god awful compared to chronicles
shit story unfinshed
shit quests
shit balance dolls were too powerful i forced myself not to kill any high level enemies in a doll because of the absurd xp and it would make the game too easy

i got region first on some of the superbosses and quit(borrowed wii u) with first in 5 time attacks though senpai
>>
>>335967669
A few songs were shit, and the characters weren't developed nearly enough. Everything else was great. It's a far better game than the original.
>>
>>335967669
>sound mixing
That's my only problem with it. Focusing on side-quests and exploration as opposed to making it a story-centric game like Chronicles was a perfectly fine design choice.
>>
>>335967669
>ugly faces
>bad OST
>no chain attacks/healing arts
>localization
just a few things
>>
>>335971135
You have to be at least 18 years old to browse this site. Please leave, console war child. Leave while you still can.
>>
>>335967669
>What went wrong?
Should have made all the systems simpler and the game smaller to aim for a bigger more casual audience, and probably changed the character designer and music for the guys in the west that didn't like it.

I loved the game and is probably my favorite game since Xenogears, but then again I only play RPGs. If Monolith Soft wanted to make a more successful game they shouldn't have made something so niche even if it turned out to be a great game, much less in a console with such a small install base.
>>
I returned a short while after Tatsu's introduction.

Pros:
World is beautiful

Cons:
No Personality
Combat isn't as fun as Chronicles IMO
Menus are for ants and clustered with tons of shit
Dialog is terrible and pauses between lines are unbearable.
Feels directionless
Tatsu

I was disappointed and that rarely happens these days, hitler/10.
>>
>>335971135
So far is the best JRPG this generation by far, but both of the games you mentioned are looking great too.
>>
File: muhnado.png (1 MB, 1004x1344) Image search: [Google]
muhnado.png
1 MB, 1004x1344
If I had to guess, using my basic ability to predict future events based on past events? I would say, "literally everything that was wrong with xenoblade chronicles and some change."
That's the best I can do though. My COMPLETELY AMAZING GIFT OF FORESIGHT allowed me to avoid blowing a wad of cash at it.
>>
>>335971135
Yes, I enjoyed it for a while but it's flaws really fucking bothered me.
>>
>Amazing OST dragged down by literally TWO songs that are bad, that you will hear for the majority of the game
>sound mixing in cutscenes is so bad you can barely hear anyone talking
>game has no ending and barely any plot
>mechs are amazing vehicles but they trivilialize the nuanced and interesting ground combat by being EZ mode (and required for certain bosses)
>>
>>335971135
Persona is just as gay if not gayer. How the fuck do people like jrpg's?
>>
>>335971339
>no chain attacks/healing arts
These were improvements.
>>
>>335967669
I liked it.
>>
>>335967669
It's one of my favorite games in recent memory, so as far as I'm concerned not a great deal went wrong.
>>
>>335972714
>>335973235
Shit taste I guess lol
>>
>>335973573
Rude.
>>
I feel like the game would have been vastly improved if Skells/Dolls were removed from the game entirely.

I hated using them, and there never felt like it was properly balanced. When you first get them, they're significantly weaker than your characters on foot. Until endgame where they completely trivialize anything you fight. There's really no middle ground with them. They're useless until suddenly they're broken as fuck.

Like others said in this thread, the soundtrack is marred by a handful of god awful tracks that play all the time, which is a shame.

The real killer for me though was the character development. The first "twist" that we're all remote bodies completely removes any of the emotional significance of characters dying. Why am I supposed to care that generic dude sacrificed himself? Why are people crying over it? If my best friend died and I knew he would respawn in a couple weeks, I'd be like "Sorry about your luck, bro." Not bawling my eyes out.

But then we have twist number two, and it turns out no one can respawn after all, because the mainframe is dead. So I actually should have cared that random dude sacrificed himself after all, but by that point I'd forgotten he existed, because I didn't care that he died in the first place.
>>
>>335973640
I think you missed the point of Skells. They're for big things, not higher level things. It's how the game is balanced silly.
>>
>>335973573
Epic.
>>
>>335969698
You were in such a rush to say that you fucked up your spelling. Chill fucker, your anxiety is showing.
>>
>>335973640
>When you first get them, they're significantly weaker than your characters on foot.

Nigga, that means you didn't kit it out AT ALL when you first got it. That thing was strong as hell with a full loadout
>>
>>335971339
>no healing arts

There was an entire class for healing and support
>>
>>335973640
>Like others said in this thread, the soundtrack is marred by a handful of god awful tracks that play all the time, which is a shame.
My biggest gripe with the OST is not the songs themselves, but the fact that NOTHING LOOPS PROPERLY. There's literally seconds of silence each time a theme reaches it's end before it starts playing again, and that's inexcusable. Absolutely inexcusable.
>>
The music and sheer size.

The music was shit most of the time, and it was just too big. I felt overwhelmed with quests and scope.
>>
>>335967669
My only gripes are the end game material grinding and no story.
>>
>couldn't decide whether to buy new 3ds and play xenoblade chronicles or just buy x
>go for new 3ds because it's portable and I can watch movies or tv while I play it
>wonder if I made a good decision
>check /v/
>nonstop "what went wrong" with x threads
I think a made the right choice. Chronicles is pretty good so far
>>
>>335977720
The first game has the better main story, the second game is the better game.
There was a lot of shitposting for the first game too when it was recent and later again when it came out for the 3DS, such is the fate of most games on /v/, for some real discussion or opinions of people just go to /vg/ or visit any other site. There are also people that legitimately didn't like one or both games, these are niche games within a niche genre, it's expected not everyone will like them regardless of their quality within their genre.
>>
File: SO5 7.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
SO5 7.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>335971752
With SwordArtOnline and Zesteria being the only current ocmpetition, that's not saying much. In fact, that's not saying anything.

Only little over a month for things to change, thoguh
>>
>>335980280
I was counting 3DS and Vita too, which is where most of the current gen JRPGs are.
>>
File: 1363393812417.jpg (97 KB, 725x986) Image search: [Google]
1363393812417.jpg
97 KB, 725x986
It's better than the original, desu.

Not as strong in story/character development, but it's supposed to get a sequel. Better music, better gameplay, better worldbuilding, better world design, and tons of nifty features, especially skells.

The only downside is the censorship and mediocre translation, but I can't fault the game for that. I'd rate it 4.5/5
>>
>>335981157
I'd also like to say that I had way more fun 100% it than the original. The only thing I have left to do is pimp out my harem in sexy clothing, and I'm just letting the game rest a bit so I can replay it in 2-3 months.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.