[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Make New Doom >Make it a Generic Space Shooter >Ma
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9
File: doom halo.jpg (216 KB, 786x1017) Image search: [Google]
doom halo.jpg
216 KB, 786x1017
>Make New Doom
>Make it a Generic Space Shooter
>Make it so generic, that when making a Halo 5 DOOM gametype in forge, it looks exactly like the new game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCDmxPcUZvg&feature=youtu.be
>>
In Halo's defense, you can make a lot of different styles in Forge.
>>
>>335958564
I think it is more showing how uninspired the new doom is

The game can nearly be recreated in Halo 5, another sci fi shooter

I think it is cool that Halo 5 has all of these customization options, but it's not like you can make other sci fi shooter game types that look so close to the original game
>>
>>335959045
You can make lots of stuff in Halo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zpX0vg22j8
>>
>>335959209
Is it bad if I really like that first song?
>>
>>335958397
>generic
>generic
>generic
it's not that at all, they took too many ques from it's competition like halo and cod
>>
>>335958397
In case you didn't notice all games are generic now. Literally everything has been made already so every new game is a copy of another game done before.
>>
I'm actually excited for d44m, but I have to admit, OP, this looks pretty convincingly like it

I havn't played Halo since the 3rd one. Is Halo 5 really this fast?
>>
>weapon pickups
>free for all mode

Already more faithful to the original Doom than D44M
>>
>>335958397
I would write about some positive things about Doom 4, but then I'll just be called a shill. So there's no point right?
>>
>>335962396
Not OP but Halo 5 has great multiplayer. It's just memed on hard because hardly anyone here is able to say they own an Xbox without getting shit on.
>>
>>335962524
Name 5 positive things about Doom 4

protip: 4 of the 5 things you're gonna say are probably not positives but actually negatives
>>
>>335962396
they say it in the video: the map and the gamemode embed into it increase the player speed, and adjust many other features
>>
>>335958397
That doesnt even look that similar to D44M

and I say this thinking D44M literally is Halo
>>
File: doom take it easy.jpg (89 KB, 800x599) Image search: [Google]
doom take it easy.jpg
89 KB, 800x599
>>335963597
>mick gordon doing the music/audio is good
>looks pretty good and runs pretty well
>levels are actually levels again it seems
>pickups and powerups are back
>snapmap is more flexible than i thought it would be
I don't think it will be the greatest thing ever but it will certainly be better than it's AAA competition for sure
>>
>>335964409
>>levels are actually levels again it seems
Nah, they're just little atriums connected by linear hallways.
>>
>>335964542
there is some of that where they block you off till you kill everything but also proper levels as far as i could tell from the livestream they did the other day
>>
File: 1452475558505.jpg (193 KB, 881x675) Image search: [Google]
1452475558505.jpg
193 KB, 881x675
>>335958397
You forgot
>It's sells hundreds of zagillions of copies and gets 9/10 ratings from every major gaming webrag and the industry follows suit while aging Gen-X autists continue to wail and gnash their teeth as it steamrolls over all their heralded "revival" shooters that go tits up dead in the span of under three months
>>
>>335964409
I laughed more than I should have at that image
>>
File: door.jpg (114 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
door.jpg
114 KB, 1920x1080
>>335963597
>cute red and blue Cacodemon
>Meshuggah guitarist in the OST
>No hitscan enemies
>Simple crosshair option
>SSG is manly as fuck
>Classic door texture (pic related)

Damn anon, I just pumped myself up for this shit
>>
File: uacmap.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
uacmap.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
I like what I see from the level design
>>
I think this is just a testament to how great H5's Forge actually is. If Halo 5 did anything right, it was Forge.
>>
>>335958397
Doom was the epitome of generic before it was generic
>>
>>335966918
can you actually set up triggers and mess with other game logic in forge? From what i've seen it's just placing prefab objects and flat texture brushes
>>
>>335962129
>ques
Allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go.

Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.
>>
>>335967132
I haven't gotten deep into the Forge rabbit hole, but apparently there is some basic scripting you can do in it.
>>
>>335967126
What games before 1993 had a space marine fighting demons with a variety of guns on Mars' moons?
>>
the new Doom looks good. cry more, upset PCucks. literally nothing would have made you like the game
>>
File: UBUNDU.png (209 KB, 309x304) Image search: [Google]
UBUNDU.png
209 KB, 309x304
>>335967398
well good thing you know me so personally, anonymous poster on 4chan
>>
>>335964935
I have watched the stream twice now, and some of the shorted videos released before and after it (like the Berserker one), and it really, REALLY does not look like it.

Expect it to be SW2013 tier linear crap, cut by obligatory combat arenas and cinematic door openings / button presses.
>>
File: Untitled.png (11 KB, 120x152) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
11 KB, 120x152
>>335967560
>>
In relation to id, Wolfenstein is 7 bucks. Worth?
>>
File: 1411798195425.jpg (183 KB, 747x839) Image search: [Google]
1411798195425.jpg
183 KB, 747x839
>>335958397

>Best part of original games is the interplay of the player's weapons with the varieties of enemies
>Chaingun basically stunlocking cacos, chainsaw overpowering pinkies, shotgun good for zombies at all ranges, super shotgun good for few powerful enemies, plasma rifle good against everything but eats ammo, BFG good against big oh shit swarms, rockets good for smaller swarms and few big enemies
>Every nuDoom video basically all the weapons look completely interchangeable and the encounters aren't varied. 5-10 demons on screen at once, max. Never once even seen enemy infighting
>>
>>335959209
I remember someone remade Metroid Prime in forge, that was pretty cool.
>>
>>335965814
>AMMO LOW

Oh boy.
>>
>>335958397
The New Doom is just another "me too" shooter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX-IAudlK3Q
>>
>>335969406
apparently certain enemies are weak to certain weapons or have weak spots but you can't really tell from the gameplay they showed off
>>
Looks like shit
Unreal Tournament 4 looks better than this garbage
>>
File: 1456184062940.png (3 KB, 209x215) Image search: [Google]
1456184062940.png
3 KB, 209x215
>>335967212
>pre-Madonnas
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.